Skip to main content
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 4
how is this not fixed yet ?? i get plenty of mouse and keyboard players in my games when i play "mixed" input matchmaking, but when i play only MKB its like 10 min to get a match ! its not at all because theres not enought MKB players. again you will lose all MKB players and the game will be dead in 1 month. im happy for finally getting input based matchmaking but its literally not working.
im probably not the only one making a thread like this ?? i hope so ?
its supposed to put MKB players who use "mixed" input with those who use "MKB only".
Then there isn't enough people playing with MKB-only, most people are using cross-play.
Makes sense to me. The kb players in the mixed queue are literally too busy to be paired up with kb only players.
They're not getting matched up with kb only players cause theyre already in games thanks to the much shorter queue times.

I'm sorry to say, the people who care the most about IBMM might just be a very vocal minority. Most people just want to get into a match as fast as possible and IBMM is off by default so they don't bother turning it on.
Amazing how one fix actually just created more problems. Because controllers are still broken, matches are not as fun as I would like them to be. It's infuriating.
In the evening it's possible to find MKB only Lobbys, but only in 4v4 Modes, if I want to play in the morning I need to deactivate it, it's really fustrating cause playing against Controller Players is no fun, I think that most Players just don't know of IBMM, but at least I can see now if a Match is worth giving my best
Makes sense to me. The kb players in the mixed queue are literally too busy to be paired up with kb only players.
They're not getting matched up with kb only players cause theyre already in games thanks to the much shorter queue times.

I'm sorry to say, the people who care the most about IBMM might just be a very vocal minority. Most people just want to get into a match as fast as possible and IBMM is off by default so they don't bother turning it on.
That's a direct result of the poorly implemented filters trying to band-aid the core issue, which is controller autoaim being so strong in the first place. People will always talk about a "vocal minority", as if the 'silent majority' would dislike or even notice what people closer to the heartbeat of the game would like to see. Greater effort should be taken naturally by matchmaking to pair players with their respective inputs, regardless of what filters are enabled.

I'm sure so many of the players you refer to indeed have no idea about this issue, and think they are getting out-BR'd in 9/10 engagements purely because the other player is a highly skilled ~20 year Halo veteran. Sometimes those players will actually be Halo veterans, but the AA further compounds with their game knowledge allowing them to stomp uncontested. Then there's another type of player who's not great, but in any given engagement they have a high chance of coming out on top against mouse players who actually have to aim. It's disheartening for them and I imagine a lot have simply quit playing because of it.

I played Halo back from CE in my Xbox days, but moved to PC a decade ago with Reach being the last time I ever plugged in a controller for an FPS. I still wanted the Halo 2 and 3 experience before MCC was even a thing, to play them as a true competitive PC experience. It arrived with MCC and feels like a complete waste of time all these years later. What was the point if this is how it's going to be? 343's initial decision has caused MCC PC to be an inexplicable home away from home for console players and pseudo-exploiters.
It's because they didn't implement it properly. The game is supposed to be setup so you either play with only keyboard and mouse players or you only play with controller players. So basically there isn't supposed to be any mixed input option or an option to disable IBMM. It's sad because I wanted IBMM this whole time only for it to be implemented incorrectly.

And honestly, keyboard and mouse players and controller players should play separate games, not just for the Halo games but for every shooter game. Or better yet, game developers should just remove all aim assist from their games.
how is this not fixed yet ?? i get plenty of mouse and keyboard players in my games when i play "mixed" input matchmaking, but when i play only MKB its like 10 min to get a match ! its not at all because theres not enought MKB players. again you will lose all MKB players and the game will be dead in 1 month. im happy for finally getting input based matchmaking but its literally not working.
its supposed to put MKB players who use "mixed" input with those who use "MKB only".
I sadly don't think there is enough MKB players to find games quickly.

If you're dedicated to MKB, this might help you with performance to deal with OP Controllers:

A guy responded to me about finding the best MKB settings. I used his sensitivity settings and after getting used to it, I am starting to outplay most controller players.

My settings:
0.7 Sensitivity
1.0 Zoom Sens
No acceleration
2x vehicle sens

When first starting out, it's painfully slow. If you have a large desk/mousepad and get used to using both your wrist and arm to aim, it works like a charm.

It does take a ton of time to get it to work for you but again, Believe me - it is cool once you are used to it.
I sadly don't think there is enough MKB players to find games quickly.

If you're dedicated to MKB, this might help you with performance to deal with OP Controllers:

A guy responded to me about finding the best MKB settings. I used his sensitivity settings and after getting used to it, I am starting to outplay most controller players.

My settings:
0.7 Sensitivity
1.0 Zoom Sens
No acceleration
2x vehicle sens

When first starting out, it's painfully slow. If you have a large desk/mousepad and get used to using both your wrist and arm to aim, it works like a charm.

It does take a ton of time to get it to work for you but again, Believe me - it is cool once you are used to it.
Sens is such a personal thing though imo I say just go with being able to comfortably do a 180 with one mouse swipe whatever sens set up that is for you and practice there as a start if you are completely lost looking behind you fast and accurately is important. for example you are 1 shot and need to 180 snipe the person shooting you, or if you are being chased and you need to 180 nade quickly without losing forward speed, having high enough sens to 180 with 1 comfortable swipe is key here and everything else you can build the muslce memory for from this starting point
No?

Those people are fine with playing with both so if it can find a match with controller people, it will. If they wanted to only play with other mkb players, they'd select only mkb.

It's not broken. It simply doesn't have the population to sustain your desired option.
No?

Those people are fine with playing with both so if it can find a match with controller people, it will. If they wanted to only play with other mkb players, they'd select only mkb.

It's not broken. It simply doesn't have the population to sustain your desired option.
No youre wrong , every game that i play using "mixed input" theres like 40% of the players using MKB. but as soon as i use "MKB only", it takes 15 minutes finding a game. you clearly havent tried this option and you dont know what youre talking about .
What i said is that it supposed to put MKB players who use "mixed input" also with those on "MKB only input" because right now its not the case . resulting in crazy queue times. They are on "mixed input" NOT "only with those on mixed input option".

yeah but thats the same ? those on MKB who doesnt care about IBMM dont care about playing also only with MKB players in their lobby ? but its not the case right now .
Anyway please dont talk about "vocal minority" when literally the game is dying day by day and the actual minority is those controller elitist. the majority already left.
No?

No youre wrong , every game that i play using "mixed input" theres like 40% of the players using MKB. but as soon as i use "MKB only", it takes 15 minutes finding a game. you clearly havent tried this option and you dont know what youre talking about .
What i said is that it supposed to put MKB players who use "mixed input" also with those on "MKB only input" because right now its not the case . resulting in crazy queue times. They are on "mixed input" NOT "only with those on mixed input option".
You're just going to have to disable IBMM. And because 343 didn't implement it correctly, if you have IBMM on, then your queues will be ridiculously long and basically won't be worth the wait. I didn't expect it to be too bad but the queues really are actually bad with IBMM on.

Too bad 343 and many other game developers don't understand the concept that both inputs function different from each other therefore shouldn't be matched with each other.
KnightFJS wrote:
No?

You're just going to have to disable IBMM. And because 343 didn't implement it correctly, if you have IBMM on, then your queues will be ridiculously long and basically won't be worth the wait. I didn't expect it to be too bad but the queues really are actually bad with IBMM on.

Too bad 343 and many other game developers don't understand the concept that both inputs function different from each other therefore shouldn't be matched with each other.
Seeing as I never had an issue playing with players running a controller when I run purely KBM I'd rather them not lump me into the KBM set up just because of people like you. There should always be an option for those of us don't care who we play against.

If anything, I'd even argue that taking options like that away would be very anti-consumer of them if they did...
KnightFJS wrote:
No?

Seeing as I never had an issue playing with players running a controller when I run purely KBM I'd rather them not lump me into the KBM set up just because of people like you. There should always be an option for those of us don't care who we play against.

If anything, I'd even argue that taking options like that away would be very anti-consumer of them if they did...
You have 42 games played on the mcc.

Stop weighing into things you have absolutely no experience or knowledge on.
KnightFJS wrote:
KnightFJS wrote:
No?

I have over 1000 and I agree with them
The system goes for speed first. Quality later.

So if you have "mixed" selected it finds you the first lobby and throws you in there. It doesn't check further.

If you have IBMM selected you just stay in the que.
KnightFJS wrote:
KnightFJS wrote:
No?

Now tell me, when do you have any right to tell me who I can and cannot play with?
"I don't want him playing with who he wants to play with because I said so"

Stop assuming you know what's best for me and let me make those decisions myself, like I should be able too...
KnightFJS wrote:
KnightFJS wrote:
No?

Don't know why you're trying to twist my words and be manipulative but ok.

Again, don't weigh in on something you know absolutely nothing about. It's like you're trying to tell an engineer on how to proceed with a project when you have barely even started an education on engineering.
KnightFJS wrote:
KnightFJS wrote:
KnightFJS wrote:
No?

Don't know why you're trying to twist my words and be manipulative but ok.

Again, don't weigh in on something you know absolutely nothing about. It's like you're trying to tell an engineer on how to proceed with a project when you have barely even started an education on engineering.
You first post literally states that mixing input types should have never been a thing...

"It's because they didn't implement it properly. The game is supposed to be setup so you either play with only keyboard and mouse players or you only play with controller players. So basically there isn't supposed to be any mixed input option or an option to disable IBMM. It's sad because I wanted IBMM this whole time only for it to be implemented incorrectly.And honestly, keyboard and mouse players and controller players should play separate games, not just for the Halo games but for every shooter game. Or better yet, game developers should just remove all aim assist from their games. "

So please, cut the crap. I don't have a problem mixing and matching input types in a single game, and should always be allowed to play that way if it's the way I want to play. You having a problem with that is your problem, not mine. You do not get a say in the matter and never will.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 4