2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 4
KnightFJS wrote:
KnightFJS wrote:
KnightFJS wrote:
its supposed to put MKB players who use "mixed" input with those who use "MKB only".
No?

Those people are fine with playing with both so if it can find a match with controller people, it will. If they wanted to only play with other mkb players, they'd select only mkb.

It's not broken. It simply doesn't have the population to sustain your desired option.
No youre wrong , every game that i play using "mixed input" theres like 40% of the players using MKB. but as soon as i use "MKB only", it takes 15 minutes finding a game. you clearly havent tried this option and you dont know what youre talking about .
What i said is that it supposed to put MKB players who use "mixed input" also with those on "MKB only input" because right now its not the case . resulting in crazy queue times. They are on "mixed input" NOT "only with those on mixed input option".
You're just going to have to disable IBMM. And because 343 didn't implement it correctly, if you have IBMM on, then your queues will be ridiculously long and basically won't be worth the wait. I didn't expect it to be too bad but the queues really are actually bad with IBMM on.

Too bad 343 and many other game developers don't understand the concept that both inputs function different from each other therefore shouldn't be matched with each other.
Seeing as I never had an issue playing with players running a controller when I run purely KBM I'd rather them not lump me into the KBM set up just because of people like you. There should always be an option for those of us don't care who we play against.

If anything, I'd even argue that taking options like that away would be very anti-consumer of them if they did...
You have 42 games played on the mcc.

Stop weighing into things you have absolutely no experience or knowledge on.
"I don't want him playing with who he wants to play with because I said so"
Don't know why you're trying to twist my words and be manipulative but ok.

Again, don't weigh in on something you know absolutely nothing about. It's like you're trying to tell an engineer on how to proceed with a project when you have barely even started an education on engineering.
You first post literally states that mixing input types should have never been a thing...

"The game is supposed to be setup so you either play with only keyboard and mouse players or you only play with controller players. So basically there isn't supposed to be any mixed input option or an option to disable IBMM. It's sad because I wanted IBMM this whole time only for it to be implemented incorrectly.And honestly, keyboard and mouse players and controller players should play separate games, not just for the Halo games but for every shooter game. Or better yet, game developers should just remove all aim assist from their games. "

So please, cut the crap....
I said "both inputs function different from each other therefore shouldn't be matched with each other".

I really don't understand why you're still trying to twist my words and be manipulative when everyone can read exactly what I wrote lmao.
KnightFJS wrote:
KnightFJS wrote:
KnightFJS wrote:
KnightFJS wrote:
its supposed to put MKB players who use "mixed" input with those who use "MKB only".
No?

Those people are fine with playing with both so if it can find a match with controller people, it will. If they wanted to only play with other mkb players, they'd select only mkb.

It's not broken. It simply doesn't have the population to sustain your desired option.
No youre wrong , every game that i play using "mixed input" theres like 40% of the players using MKB. but as soon as i use "MKB only", it takes 15 minutes finding a game. you clearly havent tried this option and you dont know what youre talking about .
What i said is that it supposed to put MKB players who use "mixed input" also with those on "MKB only input" because right now its not the case . resulting in crazy queue times. They are on "mixed input" NOT "only with those on mixed input option".
You're just going to have to disable IBMM. And because 343 didn't implement it correctly, if you have IBMM on, then your queues will be ridiculously long and basically won't be worth the wait. I didn't expect it to be too bad but the queues really are actually bad with IBMM on.

Too bad 343 and many other game developers don't understand the concept that both inputs function different from each other therefore shouldn't be matched with each other.
Seeing as I never had an issue playing with players running a controller when I run purely KBM I'd rather them not lump me into the KBM set up just because of people like you. There should always be an option for those of us don't care who we play against.

If anything, I'd even argue that taking options like that away would be very anti-consumer of them if they did...

Again, don't weigh in on something you know absolutely nothing about. It's like you're trying to tell an engineer on how to proceed with a project when you have barely even started an education on engineering.
You first post literally states that mixing input types should have never been a thing...

"The game is supposed to be setup so you either play with only keyboard and mouse players or you only play with controller players. So basically there isn't supposed to be any mixed input option or an option to disable IBMM. It's sad because I wanted IBMM this whole time only for it to be implemented incorrectly.And honestly, keyboard and mouse players and controller players should play separate games, not just for the Halo games but for every shooter game. Or better yet, game developers should just remove all aim assist from their games. "

I said "both inputs function different from each other therefore shouldn't be matched with each other".

I really don't understand why you're still trying to twist my words and be manipulative when everyone can read exactly what I wrote lmao.
If it's not what you meant to say then answer me this. If they went you're way would I still be able to freely pick it so that I can always be matched with both KBM and Controller players in the same match whenever I wanted? This includes social, ranked, coop, pretty much any game mode... Nothing enabled or disabled for either input either...

Update: your silence speaks volumes...
No?

I have played one KBM match since the launch and I’ve sat in hour long queues in social and every ranked playlist for Halo 3 multiple times.

I think it would be cool if the players who chose Keyboard and Mouse as their desired input but have IBMM disabled would be more heavily weighted to match with Players who have IBMM enabled for KBM.

right now the default behaviour is to Disable IBMM after choosing KBM as preferred input method. From what I’ve seen the issue isn’t as much so as there isn’t enough KBM players it’s just they are spread between a toggle of IBMM based on queue times from what information I’ve gathered. Many of the players on KBM(myself included) only have IBMM disabled because I’d prefer to play a few matches when I have time opposed to wait in these long queues I don’t seem to find matches in.(I’ve been queuing as I write this)

This would speed up queue times greatly. I’m not suggesting force all and every match for players who want to have mixed input games but say every second match or nth match for example they are mixed and others they are KBM. Often times I first honour other KBM players in matchmaking lobby and then proceed to encourage them to enable IBMM. This is my campaign to populate the playlist after sitting for an hour in queue usually.
KnightFJS wrote:
KnightFJS wrote:
KnightFJS wrote:
KnightFJS wrote:
No?

your silence speaks volumes...
Nah, I just don't care to give a real response to a fake lying manipulative person that twists other peoples words.
No?

I think he is saying people who play with mixed matchmaking have no preference, and they don't mind if they're matched with only keyboard, only controller, or mixed players. For example, I was playing mixed matchmaking with keyboard and got put into a game with only keyboard, nobody was complaining that there were no controller players. To make input matchmaking with keyboard not barren, it'd be nice if the matchmaking system would pull all keyboard mixed matchmakers into a keyboard input only game (as long as there are enough people searching for keyboard only games), since they don't mind playing with one input or the other.
No?

1. Stop multiposting and quote multiple people in one post or edit your post to add to it please.

2. I assure you I am not wrong. You may not like that people who have no input preference are being matched with mixed but it is working as intended. By narrowing your options, you open yourself up to longer wait times.

So again, I repeat, the system is working as intended and it looks like there's not the population to sustain your keyboard only desired option.
In the past few days I'm suddenly having trouble even finding matches with only platform-based matchmaking enabled. So we're at the point where being forced to play with actual console players is the only option, with a KB/M maybe 1 in every 50 players. RIP MCC PC. Cross-platform was another huge mistake.
In the past few days I'm suddenly having trouble even finding matches with only platform-based matchmaking enabled. So we're at the point where being forced to play with actual console players is the only option, with a KB/M maybe 1 in every 50 players. RIP MCC PC. Cross-platform was another huge mistake.
Most of the KBM players probably just don't care if they're playing KBM or Controller/Console players probably... So they get mixed in with KBM and Controller/Console player matches frequently to the point you don't see full lobbies with just KBM...

If this thread is an indicator... People who want only matches with KBM are just in the very low minority probably... You're probably going to have to adjust to it, or move on...
Most people are queueing for cross play. If you want to play with only MKB players, you have to pay the price like with anything. Nothing to do with it being 343s fault, just simple small population issues. The discrepancy between controller and MKB isn't difficult to surmount though. Almost like those clamoring for MKB only matchmaking were just an extremely vocal minority.
Spoonsor wrote:
Most people are queueing for cross play. If you want to play with only MKB players, you have to pay the price like with anything. Nothing to do with it being 343s fault, just simple small population issues. The discrepancy between controller and MKB isn't difficult to surmount though. Almost like those clamoring for MKB only matchmaking were just an extremely vocal minority.
So if you want to play with players on PC on equal footing using the native input, you have to pay the price, where "pay the price" actually means not being able to play at all? That's not how games work, except MCC evidently, and shows that something has gone awry that lies at the feet of the devs.

What happens in other FPS is the few people who play controller on PC have limited or no aim assist. They pay the price by simply getting wrecked all the time, or trying to overcome the inherent lameness of stick aiming through pure skill. Hence the vast majority who want to use a controller will suck it up and switch to KB/M, or play on console where it's the native input and everyone is equal. Despite Halo being so rooted in console and controllers, I can guarantee you that it would have been exactly the same here had AA not been so strong and nobody would be complaining. Yes 343 are to blame, unless you consider an experience where their decision has led to actual PC players quitting the game and leaving the remaining few to play against a lobby full of legal aimbots to be a good outcome.
Spoonsor wrote:
So if you want to play with players on PC on equal footing using the native input, you have to pay the price, where "pay the price" actually means not being able to play at all? That's not how games work, except MCC evidently, and shows that something has gone awry that lies at the feet of the devs.

What happens in other FPS is the few people who play controller on PC have limited or no aim assist. They pay the price by simply getting wrecked all the time, or trying to overcome the inherent lameness of stick aiming through pure skill. Hence the vast majority who want to use a controller will suck it up and switch to KB/M, or play on console where it's the native input and everyone is equal. Despite Halo being so rooted in console and controllers, I can guarantee you that it would have been exactly the same here had AA not been so strong and nobody would be complaining. Yes 343 are to blame, unless you consider an experience where their decision has led to actual PC players quitting the game and leaving the remaining few to play against a lobby full of legal aimbots to be a good outcome.
The only real problem with 343 is that it should have been implemented from the start. It might have kept more KBM onry players longer then it did currently.

The majority would still have probably not cared who they were paired up either way. But KBM onry peeps would have more of their own types of people to play with.
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please refrain from making non-constructive posts.
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
TheSkidd wrote:
No?

Wow, you intentionally made the matchmaking as dumb as possible? I knew 343i was incompetent but this just takes the cake.
Claiming that "those people are fine with playing with both" is just rich. I would think it more likely that they either don't know input-based matchmaking exists because it's tucked away in network settings, or because they don't want to queue for 10+ minutes because of your (intentionally) broken matchmaking system.
If anything, it's probably the first option in most cases. But if they're not even bothering to look and continue to play online it probably doesn't have a big enough impact on their enjoyment of the game to bother looking for the option to only pair them up with other KBM users..
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please refrain from making non-constructive posts.
Spoiler:
Show
Spoonsor wrote:
It's funny how consistently vindictive you people are. I guess fairness is of no interest to you? I suppose you entered this thread with bad intentions anyway, since it's specifically about MKB-locked input matchmaking which you evidently don't care about.
Also let me propose a third option: the majority of people who would care about input-based matchmaking stopped playing long ago, because it took a bloody year to implement.
Cross-platform was another huge mistake.
...So instead of 2 min wait times, you want 20 minute wait-times?

Cross-play has been a boon for the PC version, even with controllers. What they really need to do is look at the sandbox balance in regards to controllers/KBM. Snipers on KBM is deadly, even with no scoping in. Auto-aim is strong on controllers even without aiming directly at another player. They need to sorely do a balance pass, but probably never will because "this is just how Halo is played."
TheSkidd wrote:
Spoonsor wrote:
If I wanted to get faster matches, I would simply stop being a crybaby about the difference between controller and MKB to get access to a larger matchmaking population. idk though, you do you :)
It's funny how consistently vindictive you people are. I guess fairness is of no interest to you? I suppose you entered this thread with bad intentions anyway, since it's specifically about MKB-locked input matchmaking which you evidently don't care about.
Also let me propose a third option: the majority of people who would care about input-based matchmaking stopped playing long ago, because it took a bloody year to implement.
Ah, yes I'm the one being consistently vindictive because I don't like a consistently negative vocal minority setting the narrative to 343. Fairness is of interest to me, but after hundreds of hours on both console on controller and on PC with MKB, the disparity is nothing to cry over and is largely based on experience with the control scheme. There are much more important things to be complaining about, such as custom games browsers, Campaign Cross-play, or fixing the monumental amount of bugs that Campaign co-op still has on PC. Complaining about not enough people caring to play with only MKB users really is missing the forest for the trees, because the fact of the matter is that most people don't give a -Yoink- who they are playing with or how they are playing as long as they get to play the video game. The updates we are getting to MCC are something that was never really expected to happen, and I am just glad that 343 is letting players play together regardless of platform they play on.
Crossplay has probably been the best change they've added so far. Now I can actually get games at all hours in most playlists when before it was pretty much just Slayer and maybe Action Sack in peak hours.
I genuinely haven't noticed much of a difference between fighting controller and MKB players, and god knows I see a lot of controller players. My performance has been largely the same as pre-crossplay. I really don't feel outclassed when I get into a lobby where I'm the only MKB player.
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not repost content a moderator has removed, repost a topic that has been locked, or post about forum moderation decisions. If you have a question or concern about a forum moderation decision, please private message the applicable moderator.
Spoiler:
Show
TheSkidd wrote:
I don't mind being placed in matches that are full of people who only wish to play other people with a KBM set up. But I don't want it to prefer one preference over the other. I didn't set up a preference because I want to be able to freely play KBM or Controller players rather evenly...

Number 2 seems fine though... As I mentioned, I don't mind being apart of KBM only matches..
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 4