Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo: The Master Chief Collection (PC)

Invasion should be in social

OP wukqng

I know for a fact more people would play invasion if it was in social
I agree, I miss Invasion so much, such a creative mode. Especially on Boneyard and Spire.
it frustrates me so much that its just in competitive but every version of swat is "social" seems so silly to me, i would play invasion alot more but since no one goes in comp its empty most of the time
Invasion would have a HUGE spike in population if it was in social. Hell, half of the Reach players like to role play as Elites, they would love to be able to play casually with their clans in matchmaking. It’s not my cup of tea but I know for sure people have wanted this since Invasion was released to MCC.
I’d like to see it make a debut in social. I’d also like to see Invasion Slayer put into social matchmaking too. If 343 wants to leave Invasion in ranked, they should put Invasion Slayer in social.
BecSon0 wrote:
it frustrates me so much that its just in competitive but every version of swat is "social" seems so silly to me, i would play invasion alot more but since no one goes in comp its empty most of the time
This exactly, the mode all about aim and reactions that has some regular community tournaments is in social while the mode that is pretty much attack/defend big team battle is in ranked makes no sense.
Idk why they try to put it in competitive on MCC... Its still using the pre TU settings too which makes me wonder why competitive.
znazanz777 wrote:
I agree, I miss Invasion so much, such a creative mode. Especially on Boneyard and Spire.
i never played invasion but it sounds like the assault mode from unreal tournament
znazanz777 wrote:
i never played invasion but it sounds like the assault mode from unreal tournament
After a cursory glance at the Unreal wiki, this seems accurate. Invasion is great, I really wish it was in social so more people would play.
Not to hijack your post but I am in agreement and thought of a great way to set things up.

https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/forums/f3681fbc78fa43878c4aec9a63a46224/topics/casual-6v6-for-h3-reach-and-h4/88ad3baa-e333-4849-a4c3-0e62cc9fb7b5/posts?page=1#post2
Playlist can barely be quantified as competitive by nature and I can tell it would be a staple social offering, as it was ten years ago. Invasion Slayer & Invasion Skirmish should make a return as well.
If you guys want more invasion, I’m part of a group of forgers who have been building and testing new invasion maps for competitive play; our group includes some of the invasion forgers who built the matchmaking forge maps. Unfortunately we’re mainly on Xbox, but once crossplay is out next week, you guys can participate! Just send me a message here or over Xbox live. GT: n0mnom321
I'd rather they didn't and I don't care much for ranked generally but it's the only one I bother to play usually to help complete the challenges plus the ranks helps weed out the high level 'griefers' that exploit the games.
Haven't been able to play Invasion on MCC, so this would be awesome. Loved it originally though.
Absolutely. I only ever play social because I'm only really here for fun. Being able to play Invasion casually would be great to have.