Forums / Games / Halo: The Master Chief Collection (PC)

Is uncapped FPS still being worked on/possible?

OP Biccy Thiccy

I'm happy for Halo on PC but I don't know how well it'd do in a competitive environment capped at 60 FPS when pros often have 144HZ or even 240HZ monitors to play with.

I'd really love to take advantage of it for the lower input latency/smoother gameplay if at all possible. I know it is possible on Halo CE with a couple mods, so would something like that be possible for all the games?

I am aware it was originally planned, but is it still being worked on?
From what ive seen/heard its in the current flight. The uncapped fps value is assigned wrong, so off is the correct setting, but making any changes in settings caps back to 60. It also seemed to cause framepacing issues for one person i was watching but thats nothing definitive of uncapped being majorly borked.
What Cynanide said. It is functional (and damn is it nice..) in the current flight. Unfortunately, there are a few bugs that cause the setting to revert to "Uncapped Framerate: On" which is actually "Off" and brings it back to 60FPS. Minor issue, sure to be fixed soon.
What Cynanide said. It is functional (and damn is it nice..) in the current flight. Unfortunately, there are a few bugs that cause the setting to revert to "Uncapped Framerate: On" which is actually "Off" and brings it back to 60FPS. Minor issue, sure to be fixed soon.
Alright, that sounds awesome, thank you!
my friend told me its in the current flight
my friend told me its in the current flight
It was. I was in it lol.