Forums / Games / Halo: The Master Chief Collection (PC)

Just got 16k xp for performance instead of 8k?

OP Zeroxzs

Did they just increase the per match limit?
I just copped 15k performance, must have been an update. Or maybe a glitch?

https://www.reddit.com/r/halo/comments/eadsmn/performance_cap_increased/
I just got 16K in a grifball match... please let this be real and stay.....
Yea I just again got 16k in a followup firefight game
Also just got 16K in a Grifball match. Really hope the cap's been increased.
I've had 8k the last two times. Had some pretty great medals too (2x hammer sprees, 2x Overkill, 1x Killtrocity, 24 melee kills). It doesn't sound like anyone is reporting a patch on their end but I'm going to restart the game anyway.
At the end of my last match another guy mentioned that he only got 8k despite earning 16k the game before. Could be a coincidence, or it could be that it only applies to certain matches? They were pretty lengthy rounds of grifball.
They've just tweeted it's a double xp weekend. Let's get it boys!
wow right when im about to go sleep after a 10 hours session
Slickini wrote:
wow right when im about to go sleep after a 10 hours session
Haha that's exactly how I feel about it lol
I thought it was a bug or something, guess I wasn't crazy.
It's double XP weekend:
https://twitter.com/Halo/status/1205681147318951937
I'm getting the bonus but it seems inconsistent. Unless I'm occasionally landing on 8k by pure coincidence. Is there some sort of obscure caveat to this bonus?
Cooperal wrote:
I'm getting the bonus but it seems inconsistent. Unless I'm occasionally landing on 8k by pure coincidence. Is there some sort of obscure caveat to this bonus?
Exit the game, close Steam or Microsoft Store and enter again, worked for me
Cooperal wrote:
Still seems random whether I get the double or not. Or I just happen to land on 8k in most matches :D
Cooperal wrote:
I already restarted before that post. And now I'm seeing them again without another restart.
Double EXP Weekend, I saw the announcement on the Halo Instagram. It is a bit scuffed though, occasionally there is games where you don't get double exp (knowing you've exceeded the 8k cap).