So here is my concern. I already know that there will be more SA and NA players on the game than EU. I'm really worried that if I search for a game and there are not enough EU players they will send me to an american server and the lag will kick in.

On the Xbox I don't think that there was an issue with that (I played with americans and no lag) but on PC is different. All the games I played (Counter Strike, Rocket League, etc.), if I went to an american server it was unplayable.

My question is: Will there be lag?
I'd imagine you'll be fine for finding other players for a while after launch. Past that? I mean, the best server in the world can't change the speed of light, so yeah, if you play with Americans on American servers, you'll likely get some lag.

They did say they were upgrading their servers for launch, based on feedback they got from the flights about the server lag being pretty bad.
it purely depends on your internet speed and the active player base. in rocket league i can play on us east servers just fine from the eu so id imagine that would be possible here too.
PGryan wrote:
it purely depends on your internet speed and the active player base. in rocket league i can play on us east servers just fine from the eu so id imagine that would be possible here too.
My internet speed is good; 300Mbs. In Rocket League one day I played on a brazilian server and the lag was pretty big.

I'll just have to wait a couple of days to see what the EU players say when they play it.
PGryan wrote:
My internet speed is good; 300Mbs. In Rocket League one day I played on a brazilian server and the lag was pretty big.

I'll just have to wait a couple of days to see what the EU people say when they play it.
Brazilian servers are quite a bit further away then na east i play rocket league on eu servers with 20ish ping and na east about 100 to 120
I hope they give us a tick box or something that prevents it searching for non-EU servers. I'd rather spend an extra 30 mins searching than play a lagfest of a game.
Is there a list of available server regions? I'm chilling in South Africa right now and i noticed the go csgo servers here. Im hoping its there for halo too
I hope they give us a tick box or something that prevents it searching for non-EU servers. I'd rather spend an extra 30 mins searching than play a lagfest of a game.
This.

It would be very weird if they did not implement this option from the start. No way any US-based server would offer pings below 100, and 100 is already too much to play with.

Someone who buys it today, hit us with an update. Is there a server selection and what kind of pings are you getting in Europe, thanks!