Has anyone successfully gotten this achievement to unlock yet? I am currently working on the LASO playlist after swearing I would never do it again after Halo 4 but with achievements to be gotten nagging on my mind I decided to give it a go again starting with Reach as thats the only game out so far.

My problem is I'm about a 1/3 of the way through LASO so far as I just started today and have yet to see this achievement pop for any mission yet? Is this achievement bugged and not turned on for Reach yet and I would be able to get it if I still had my console? Or is it just flat out broken?

I have done it twice on Nightfall since there are a lot of skips making it probably the easiest LASO mission and neither time unlocked this achievement. I have done it once in the LASO playlist, and I have done it again by going into Mission Select --> Nightfall Rally Point Alpha (start of the mission) --> turn on ALL 13 skulls --> Play through the mission.

Here is a screenshot of my end mission screen showing that I did what it required and nothing unlocked, the only thing that unlocked doing this mission was the 3 achievements for doing Nightfall, Beating Par Time on Nightfall, and Beating Par Score on Nightfall

Nightfall End Mission Score Screen | LASO

Just trying to get a feel of how much of the community has gotten this achievement to work and how many it has not unlocked for.
You playing on PC or Xbox? Since reach was just added to MCC, they might have missed adding it to the games available for the achievement. I hope it's that simple, I'm dreading LASO. Also, SLASO or LASO co-op? Maybe that's the issue? I've been doing LASO with a friend. The achievement doesn't specify so I assumed it's ok to do co-op.
You playing on PC or Xbox? Since reach was just added to MCC, they might have missed adding it to the games available for the achievement. I hope it's that simple, I'm dreading LASO. Also, SLASO or LASO co-op? Maybe that's the issue? I've been doing LASO with a friend. The achievement doesn't specify so I assumed it's ok to do co-op.
PC obviously as this is the PC forums lol. From what we Learned in the Halo4ARG working on the global unlock for the LASO emblem, Coop or Singleplayer didnt matter as long as you did the entire thing in either Coop or Singleplayer so make sure that you two do the entire thing together or the game wont count it as you completing LASO, there is no mixing and matching of the stats/completions. You would think the achievement would unlock on either mode (S or C), but as shown in my screenshot, I did this Single player and in the OP I dont have my console anymore so I can't test if it works on a console. I'm guessing it is bugged and they never turned it on for reach while still hoping maybe someone out there got it to unlock on Reach
PC obviously as this is the PC forums lol. From what we Learned in the Halo4ARG working on the global unlock for the LASO emblem, Coop or Singleplayer didnt matter as long as you did the entire thing in either Coop or Singleplayer so make sure that you two do the entire thing together or the game wont count it as you completing LASO, there is no mixing and matching of the stats/completions. You would think the achievement would unlock on either mode (S or C), but as shown in my screenshot, I did this Single player and in the OP I dont have my console anymore so I can't test if it works on a console. I'm guessing it is bugged and they never turned it on for reach while still hoping maybe someone out there got it to unlock on Reach
Fingers crossed it's just bugged and they'll fix it. Elite shields are OP on LASO and I feel like death
Fingers crossed it's just bugged and they'll fix it. Elite shields are OP on LASO and I feel like death
Yeah elites, brutes, and hunters are easily the hardest part of any LASO
tbh brutes aren't that difficult, 3 headshots for regulars and 5 for gold. Only issue is cheiftans. At least on reg legendary, I'm sure it's harder on LASO
tbh brutes aren't that difficult, 3 headshots for regulars and 5 for gold. Only issue is cheiftans. At least on reg legendary, I'm sure it's harder on LASO
thats what I was meaning, I just finished another mission, Starting Long Night of Solace now
So Im down to the last 4 missions of the LASO playlist and so far not a single one of the previous missions has triggered the No Pain No Gain achievement, so yeah, it's either super broken, or they never turned it on/added reach as a trigger for the achievement
Did LASO Nightfall and it didn't unlock, not trough the playlist.

Let's hope "Why do this to yourself?" actually unlocks or else the achievement will have it's name rightfully earned.

Going to report this @ Halo Support Site.
Cerditd wrote:

Let's hope "Why do this to yourself?" actually unlocks or else the achievement will have it's name rightfully earned.

Just did the same thing, unfortunately it did not pop.
Do you have the link the ticket you reported, I can confirm there as well.
Cerditd wrote:

The achievement for beating the LASO campaign unlocks I finished the playlist awhile ago and unlocked it but we dont get a LASO nameplate like the other games do. No pain no gain still never unlocked though
Also have not gotten the No Pain, No Gain achievement on MCC Halo Reach PC. A little hesitant to keep going until it works because i don't wanna have to do a LASO mission again if it doesn't get fixed in time.
I know this thread is a bit old, but as of the March 3rd patch adding Halo:CE, it appears that the achievement is working now. I was having issues with completing my LASO playlist since launch that only just now got fixed with that update, allowing me to finish my playlist after 3 months of no progress. Along with this, the achievement you're referring to, "No Pain, No Gain", also unlocked for me. I don't remember exactly when I unlocked it, though, so you may have to complete a mission on LASO to unlock it, but it's definitely working now. Good luck