Forums / Games / Halo: The Master Chief Collection (PC)

[Locked] Lets be honest. Reach on PC isn't coming this year

OP Nova Spartan X

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 9
  4. 10
  5. 11
  6. 12
  7. 13
  8. ...
  9. 14
I'm completely fine with the wait. Making consumers wait for a product should piss them off infinitely less than bad business practices.
I completely agree. I'd rather wait for a bug-free game.
I think it will be around february or march next year. Hopefully they'll release it playable by then.
I think it'll be at least 3 months, the game simply isn't ready in the state it's in and needs far more polish.

I wonder if an open beta might be the way forwards. Players get to play, or wait if they prefer a polished experience. 343i get time to fix things and more data.
ll M1 ll wrote:
ll M1 ll wrote:
They shouldn't have over-promised and underdelivered. They shouldn't have ever made the announcement that halo was going to come to pc especially as early as they did.
Back again to say Halo reach hype has mostly died down amongst my gaming group, with games like the remake of modern warfare coming out as well as Red dead 2 I think the window of opportunity has closed for reach. Good going!
LOL. I love it. They had one window of opportunity for Halo on PC, and now it's closed! Forever! They would have played this port of a 10 year old game instead of the new Call of Duty, but now they wont!

They haven't "overpromised" or "underdelivered" anything. They announced the game was coming to PC six months ago. They gave no release date, aside from saying it would come out when it was ready. Most games are announced one or two YEARS before they come out.

Man alive. These are the same people who would be whining about what a franchise-ruining trainwreck it is, if they shoved it out the door before it was ready, and it was riddled with bugs.
I guess
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please refrain from making non-constructive posts.
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
I wouldn’t call them cowards for wanting to release a polished product
they want it done right and halo 5 is trash never put that game on pc please game is worst halo ever made
It’s too bad so many are finding bugs, I played countless matches this beta and honestly haven’t found much to hold it back from a release. Inputs felt fairly good, always can use some polish but devs have released far worse. I haven’t had any crashes, bugs outside of someone’s icon glitching at match start for a split second and muffled sound. Honestly I’d take the game pretty much in this state with a few bugs squashed. The main game felt and played fine, I want to play it. I’m not disregarding anyone else’s findings though, as I know it’s important that it works as such for EVERYONE. Just saying, on my end I haven’t found anything that should hold it back from a release.
YamaMX wrote:
It’s too bad so many are finding bugs, I played countless matches this beta and honestly haven’t found much to hold it back from a release. Inputs felt fairly good, always can use some polish but devs have released far worse. I haven’t had any crashes, bugs outside of someone’s icon glitching at match start for a split second and muffled sound. Honestly I’d take the game pretty much in this state with a few bugs squashed. The main game felt and played fine, I want to play it. I’m not disregarding anyone else’s findings though, as I know it’s important that it works as such for EVERYONE. Just saying, on my end I haven’t found anything that should hold it back from a release.
I haven't had any issues most people claim to be having in regards to the mouse, latency, etc it seems. However, I had a major issue with Windows Defender tripping Easy Anti-Cheat, causing the game to lockup and disconnect from the match. Force closing it in the task manager would show an EAC message of "Game Security Violation Detected (#00000001)". Fixed itself after I turned Defender off, but that's a fix that shouldn't have to be done. Definitely some work that needs to be done.
Kina4038 wrote:
YamaMX wrote:
I haven't had any issues most people claim to be having in regards to the mouse, latency, etc it seems. However, I had a major issue with Windows Defender tripping Easy Anti-Cheat, causing the game to lockup and disconnect from the match. Force closing it in the task manager would show an EAC message of "Game Security Violation Detected (#00000001)". Fixed itself after I turned Defender off, but that's a fix that shouldn't have to be done. Definitely some work that needs to be done.
well good for you guys that you didn't find a bug but there's one for the setting that is popping up so often like if you try to change anything other than the videos settings from default 50% chance taht it will crash the game and sadly it doesnt give up an error code just an empty dialogue box with no code in it but know its an error cuz the game just crashes just be wary(also this is part of the known bugs so no need to alarm already been told)
Halo community 10 years later, Halo Reach still not released: They should take their time, it's OK. I want a bug-free Halo.

Honestly, if they can't deliver Halo Reach this year, then they shouldn't be a game studio. Such cowards. They should have ported Halo 5 fully instead, would have been a better investment.
halo 5 is trash never put that game on pc please game is worst halo ever made
Campaign wise i'd agree but Multiplayer is one of the best i'd say. Well up until they botched the weapon balance with the weapon tuning update at least...
Although I haven't had the chance to take part in the PC flight yet, I have a firm belief that they will be able to release Reach in time for the holidays this year, if not close to new years in general. It will be a close release, but I bet that most of the problems that are occurring right now seem to be issues that can be fixed (hopefully) within a month or two in time for a 2019 release. A.I. issues seem to be things that will take a little more grit to fix on the side of the dev team, but P.v.P. has had a lot of smaller issues in terms of input delay and keyboard/mouse control. It would also seem that a lot of people thought mouse & keyboard felt good during the first flight, so it may be something easy to revert, but is complicated due to balancing of gameplay. As much as I would love to try it first hand during this flight and get a personal feel, all I have to base my views on is the content currently released online. Overall, I think that, by looks alone, Reach seems pretty close to a good release window for this year. While some revisions might be needed for Cr/unlocks, that can be made during the live playtime. Despite it all, however, I would want more than anything for the game to be fully ready upon launch. Therefor, as much as it might hurt me... I'm fine with waiting for them to release it when it feels fully polished. Even if that means a 2020 release to compliment Infinite.
Halo community 10 years later, Halo Reach still not released: They should take their time, it's OK. I want a bug-free Halo.

Honestly, if they can't deliver Halo Reach this year, then they shouldn't be a game studio. Such cowards. They should have ported Halo 5 fully instead, would have been a better investment.
Campaign wise i'd agree but Multiplayer is one of the best i'd say. Well up until they botched the weapon balance with the weapon tuning update at least...
Yeah, now the Magnum is just terribly overpowered while the Battle Rifle of all weapons gets underpowered and dumbed down all the way to its Halo 3 counterpart (which was horrible because it was projectile based instead of hitscan like in Halo 2 which put the less-skilled players at a disadvantage because they didn't know that you had to lead your shots which resulted in Halo 3 being hard to play sometimes because you would get outplayed by a player that knew that you had to lead your shots)
Hunter2747 wrote:

Yeah, now the Magnum is just terribly overpowered while the Battle Rifle of all weapons gets underpowered and dumbed down all the way to its Halo 3 counterpart (which was horrible because it was projectile based instead of hitscan like in Halo 2 which put the less-skilled players at a disadvantage because they didn't know that you had to lead your shots which resulted in Halo 3 being hard to play sometimes because you would get outplayed by a player that knew that you had to lead your shots)
It's still baffling to me. The balance was ideal before the tuning update. Why did they try to fix something that wasn't broken at all?
Photolysis wrote:
I think it'll be at least 3 months, the game simply isn't ready in the state it's in and needs far more polish.

I wonder if an open beta might be the way forwards. Players get to play, or wait if they prefer a polished experience. 343i get time to fix things and more data.
I'm hoping that a lot of the larger issues with this flight will be fixed in the upcoming patch that 343 is hoping to push out to the current participants within the next week or so. If this patch fixes a lot of the major problems which flight participants have been reporting, then I think we might be able to expect a release sometime in December.
Doubt they would miss Christmas release window.
Cowards? LOL. What are you even talking about? Game development issues aren't something that can be overcome if you just have enough WILL and RAW MACHISMO to get it done.

It's been amusing, watching fan impatience manifest itself as incoherent and unreasonable anger though.

I repeat again: If Reach for PC came out, and people encountered a bunch of problems, these same people would be declaring everyone involved to be incompetents who deserve to lose their jobs, because they put something out into the world for real money before it was ready. You can't win.
Cowards? LOL. What are you even talking about? Game development issues aren't something that can be overcome if you just have enough WILL and RAW MACHISMO to get it done.

It's been amusing, watching fan impatience manifest itself as incoherent and unreasonable anger though.

I repeat again: If Reach for PC came out, and people encountered a bunch of problems, these same people would be declaring everyone involved to be incompetents who deserve to lose their jobs, because they put something out into the world for real money before it was ready. You can't win.
This was my question too. Cowards? Wtf, do you even know what that word means? How is it cowardice to release a finished product. hahaha Noob troll is probably so young he never saw a Halo game get released other than Halo 4 and 5.
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please refrain from making non-constructive posts.
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
"ITs done when its done" Don't rush the devs and let them do their work. Just be glad we are getting halo on PC again since we didn't have a proper port over since the amazing CE port.
Honestly yeah I agree with this statement we have already heard so many problems with the PC port of Reach that I am glad 343 are willing to be patient and not rush out this game the same way they did with the Xbox one MCC disaster. All I hope for is when me and my friend play it does not take us 15 min to get in a match like it did in the start of MCC
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 9
  4. 10
  5. 11
  6. 12
  7. 13
  8. ...
  9. 14