At the log in screen for the Beta I get a Sign In Error "Error encountered while singing into Xbox Live.. Retry / Cancel" I tried going into credential manager and deleting that file on the other thread I saw but that did not work. I have tried restarting MCC and my computer several times as well. Is anyone else having this issue? I am on PC through steam so I am not sure why there is an Xbox Live error.
did you ever fix this because its still here and i cant play the actuall game....
Merely on the startup of Steam's Halo Master Chief Collection and we have an "error encountered while signing in to xbox live". I have my xbox account ready to go, but I'm stuck on a Sisyphean retry loop :(

I hope this is fixed soon. I only bought Reach, to see if it would work before buying any of the others of the collection.
also having this exact issue.... 343 really blew it once again with this
same here i haven't logged in to xbox live since lauch of game, it launches the game but stuck on press any button to start then same -Yoinking!- error over and over ( sign in error : error encountered while signing into xbox live) i am thinking of a refund ......too much disappointed.
Same issue for me. However, it started when i changed my gamertag on xbox’s webpage, prior to that it worked fine. I even called Xbox support to see if they had any solutions but they gave me the standard procedure debugging: reinstall, reboot PC, reboot router etc. I’m thinking that there could be some file(s) that are messing with something.
Same here! Has anyone found a solution to this?!
same problem. also happened after i tried to change/resign my account while i was in game.
Same issue, was working but I just bought a new pc and now it's doing it.
At the log in screen for the Beta I get a Sign In Error "Error encountered while singing into Xbox Live.. Retry / Cancel" I tried going into credential manager and deleting that file on the other thread I saw but that did not work. I have tried restarting MCC and my computer several times as well. Is anyone else having this issue? I am on PC through steam so I am not sure why there is an Xbox Live error.
Fixed it by going to appdata/locallow and deleting the whole MCC folder then relaunching the game.
Fixed it by going to appdata/locallow and deleting the whole MCC folder then relaunching the game.
I don't even have an MCC folder in appdata
i contacted the microsoft support today and they tried to guide me through resigning into the microsoft store- and xbox companion app. did not work for me. after that they tried to tell that is a steam issue and that i should not have used xbox live to play it (but the game forces you to sign in when you start it, if i remember correctly?) well i dont suspect they get it fixed in the near future...
Well i have fixed the issue. At least this worked for me: My Windows constantly is losing track of the time and date.
I resynchronized my time using these steps from the windows forum (Author "A.User"):

Press Windows key + r and type services.msc.
Check for the Windows Time service and select Windows time service.
On the left panel, check if the service is start or not.
If service is not started then start the service, by clicking on the Start option.
If the service is started the restart the service by clicking on Restart option."

After that i restarted the game and it prompted me to sign into xbox live and consecutively breaking the loop. The game now works again. Hope it might help somone.
Sumpfkartoffe10 This worked!!!!! Thank you so much!
If you've tried everything else, also make sure your OS time and date is set correctly for your location/timezone.
Closing this off as it's related to the, now closed, Reach flight.

If you are still encountering these issues, please see the pinned thread regarding Halo Support and how to submit tickets for issues you may be experiencing.
https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/forums/85d779d52cfd46918b4f8b638f2e3c7b/topics/halo-support-important-links/470b6fbb-7e3a-4272-b2bc-dd0a5948cb2c/posts