1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
will MCC be available on Mac?
smasher555 wrote:
No.
I don't see why not Steam works on MAC and the money if bought on steam doesn't go to apple. Plus like PC users who didn't get to finish the fight if 343 makes it compatiable with MAC, MAC users can finally play Halo since before Halo was a first person shooter it was an RTS made for both Windows and MAC. Plus it follows what Microsoft is trying to do by putting their games on as much platforms as possible, they already made some deal with nintendo for some of their other games so why not the MAC through steam.
Leyuen wrote:
smasher555 wrote:
No.
I don't see why not Steam works on MAC and the money if bought on steam doesn't go to apple. Plus like PC users who didn't get to finish the fight if 343 makes it compatiable with MAC, MAC users can finally play Halo since before Halo was a first person shooter it was an RTS made for both Windows and MAC. Plus it follows what Microsoft is trying to do by putting their games on as much platforms as possible, they already made some deal with nintendo for some of their other games so why not the MAC through steam.
Because the game is running on Microsoft software, that is not coming to Mac ever.
I don't think anyone can really answer this definitely right now. The announcement trailer says "Coming to PC" so we can probably assume that's exactly what it means.

But as everyone in the Halo community is currently experiencing right now, never say never! Haha.
smasher555 wrote:
No.
good
I would imagine it's not an idea on the table because it doesn't even support DirectX.
The only Halo game you're gonna have on the Mac right now is the original Halo: Combat Evolved (2001), as that did have a port for the Mac released alongside the PC port developed by Gearbox back around 2004. Granted, it had several corrupted files that made colors not work properly, but I think an update was released for that some years ago. That being said, it is unlikely that the MCC or even Reach will be made available on Macintosh systems any time soon.
I am primary a Mac user for work and a PC gamer at home. From experience, the answer to this is most definitely going to be no. Only because technically the game engines is running a Direct X 11/12 layer for GPU API calls (I believe Halo CE and Halo 2 used Direct X 9 but were updated). Apples current graphics API METAL, although definitely ahead of OpenGL from early days and therefore more performant, is powerful but still behind some feature sets.

It might it be possible through virtualization eventually. My bet though would be a game streaming service (which is not a true native client rather video frames being pushed to you over the internet).

If my information is incorrect feel free to correct me, but this is what my initial research brought up.
no way
smasher555 wrote:
No.
good
What? You do realize that while not the majority, there are many Mac users that own computers capable of running Triple A titles that would love to play Halo. I have been playing Halo since 3 was new, and I would love to be able to play with my PC gamer friends on "their platform".
smasher555 wrote:
No.
good
What? You do realize that while not the majority, there are many Mac users that own computers capable of running Triple A titles that would love to play Halo. I have been playing Halo since 3 was new, and I would love to be able to play with my PC gamer friends on "their platform".
because no one should support the business model of a company like apple. anything that makes it less present for their consumers should be supported. It's like asking why some one would be happy if EA got screwed
smasher555 wrote:
No.
good
because no one should support the business model of a company like apple. anything that makes it less present for their consumers should be supported. It's like asking why some one would be happy if EA got screwed
Im confused as to what you are trying to say. I am simply saying that there are many people that would love to play the game on Mac through Steam. When did we start talking about Apple's business model and the Ethics of Corporations?
smasher555 wrote:
No.
good
Im confused as to what you are trying to say. I am simply saying that there are many people that would love to play the game on Mac through Steam. When did we start talking about Apple's business model and the Ethics of Corporations?
when he replied with "good"
No, at least not in my opinion. Having it on Windows is great, but there's no real need to port it to Mac and I'm not even sure if it's compatible with the software.
it wouldn't really be a slap in the face considering most people who support windows enjoy openness it's why windows 10 upset so many. only ppl I can imagine being upset by it are deluded fanboys
Even though the original Halo eventually released for Mac, this ain't happenin. Bungie was only funded by Microsoft, whereas 343 Industries actually is Microsoft.
smasher555 wrote:
No.
good
Lemme explain where Luminaire's coming from: The whole "PC is superior to Mac" thing is an old meme. People get super tribal about this and their responses for why they believe it often don't make sense (the same rule, interestingly, applies to almost all arguments that people have) because often just being for something and wanting to fight somebody against something you like is more important to them on an emotional level than truth and falsehoods or right and wrong.
With all that said ... (and to answer OPs question more directly) Halo probably could come out on Mac, but it probably won't because, frankly, Apple has increasingly moved away from desktop gaming since 2011 or so. Macs in years prior to that could still be strong workhorses capable of great gaming experiences (R.I.P. my 2011 27" iMac) but just look at how Blizzard supported Mac ports for decades but then abruptly stopped with Overwatch.
Although come to think of it, I remember Jeff-From-The-Overwatch-Team saying the rational behind no Mac platform was they were already spread thin enough between versions of Overwatch on PC, Xbox One, and PS4. And MCC would be available on only two platforms. It's still a MUCH bigger game than Overwatch though so ... I don't really know. [shrugging emoji]
The Steam store page says 64bit Windows only. Maybe in the future once all the games are on they might consider making it available on Linux and Mac, but both are completely different to Windows and might require more work to get them working on those systems than it took getting MCC to work on PC, or even getting the original MCC to run from the 360. On release though? Absolutely not.
If you want to play games, get yourself a Xbox and/or Windows Game PC.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2