1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. ...
  8. 6
Yes please!! I think H3 would do better than H2 but BTB is long overdue for a run at ranked (imo)
After re-reading some info in this thread, I was unaware Invasion had an "open" 1-50 matching/ranking system. That's pretty cool. And It still allows a full team of 6 (let's say Levels 25-34 range) to rank up if they defeat an invasion team in the 10-19 range?

if so, then that's very interesting.
After re-reading some info in this thread, I was unaware Invasion had an "open" 1-50 matching/ranking system. That's pretty cool. And It still allows a full team of 6 (let's say Levels 25-34 range) to rank up if they defeat an invasion team in the 10-19 range?

Yeah you're not limited by your rank in the playlist at all only your party size. And like I said before Social BTB doesn't have any type of restrictions but this would so it would make the game way more fair for solo Q players and players that search in smaller party sizes. And people can't say "well this would affect people with guest then." You can legit make unlimited accounts on your Xbox if one account is gold then they all are. So there really is no excuse as to why 343 can't make this happen.
I have no idea why invasion is ranked but h2 isn’t.
Stoppabl3 wrote:
Plz 343?
Stoppabl3 wrote:
Plz 343?
I would really like to hear 343's take on this.
i feel like there are no negatives to implementing this
This thread has the most replies of any, in months on here, so hopefully they can seriously consider adding ranked BTB.
if we had population counters; we'd be able to see BTB's numbers are soooo much higher than any other mode. So, it makes all the more sense to make it ranked and give it more incentives.
I cleaned up and updated the OP! Make sure to apply good feedback guys so we can make this happen sooner rather than later! :)
I would gladly welcome and play a ranked Halo MCC BTB playlist. However, requesting that groups of 1-4 only match groups of 1-4 while groups of 5-8 can match groups of 5-8 would mean that smaller "elite clique" groups would form to "boost" their way to a 50 skill level while not actually encountering the good 8-player teams that would beat them handily. I may not be technically sharing my thought on this specific point correctly, but it really does appear as if that method of matching groups in BTB (if implemented) would create some kind of loophole which would allow people to get "easier" 50s in the playlist. It could work and I could be completely wrong.

Halo 3 should also not be in a ranked BTB playlist until the shot registration is confirmed to be completely fixed. It's all good and well that they're currently testing an update flight that seems to fix the shot registration at the moment....but that doesn't mean anything for sure (please remember the autonomous, self-driving vehicles in Halo 3 and the Halo 2C rockets that would "teleport betray" your teammates all because an "update" was applied to Halo MCC). Just my two cents. Solid, well-put-together idea overall stephenrg95.
Yes yes yes! Rotational playlists need to be in Halo MCC and this is the first step. Swap this out every month with SWAT, 1v1, Fiesta, something outside of the box that people would want to grind for. I would also rotate Hardcore playlists but that's besides the point of this post. Would love to see some Ranked BTB action!
It could work and I could be completely wrong.
Look at the Invasion leaderboards on MCCStats They have the most highest ranks since the playlist only has partial team matching 1-3 & 4-6 and open 1-50 matching. It could 100% work.
It could work and I could be completely wrong.
Look at the Invasion leaderboards on MCCStats They have the most highest ranks since the playlist only has partial team matching 1-3 & 4-6 and open 1-50 matching. It could 100% work.
Nice! Happy to hear it. Sounds/looks like this suggestion would really work then. :)

With the new backend update to the matchmaking system, rank weightings depending on win/loss/tie seem to be a little different in terms of earning hidden rank EXP/win, skipping ranks, e.g. than before reset. I can confirm I am still moving along, though not all game results are equal depending on level. Rest assured you'll still rank up.
By how the Population on Ranked is i don't think they going to add 8 v 8 probably when Cross-Play is added they will probably do in my opinion.
Senior4337 wrote:
By how the Population on Ranked is i don't think they going to add 8 v 8 probably when Cross-Play is added they will probably do in my opinion.
Invasion is alive and well. Look at the leaderboards! MCCStats
  • rotate in more Griffball every week that no one gives a -Yoink- about
It's once a month, there's only one "F", and a ton of people give "a yoink" about it. We're here to get Ranked BTB on the map, not -Yoink- on Grifball.
Kid, I am 37, and have been tethered to my phone for internet in the middle of a damn desert since the MCC was released (try playing with 1kms ping and then get back to me). Meanwhile you're on an alt hiding your own stats. Just because I like Grifball doesn't mean I can't do well in other playlists, as evidenced by multiple 50s in H3 (and some high 40s in Squad and RBTB). Take your wannabe elitist -Yoink- somewhere else.

>And the point isn't about the rare few on this dying community that like that cancer mode, it's the fact that 343 are "actively" changing things in matchmaking that aren't at all urgent, and that their efforts should clearly be directed towards, hmm, oh I don't know, how about FIXING this game?

Maybe you should find a thread about trying to fix the game instead of bringing up a bunch of off-topic crap in here. Keep it to discussion of RBTB buddy.
Damn Ketner, that is some dedication. Just like Pope back in the day lol.
Ranked Big Team would be pretty awesome, not sure why it isn't a thing yet.

Probably need to clean up the spawns a bit before they make it, but I definitely would give it a shot, seeing as BTB is pretty much all I play.
I'm keen on the idea, I believe it'd be interesting to try BTB with a competitive mindset, just like Squad Battle (although, as far as I know, it was limited to 6v6) back in the days. I must say this is a very detailed post and the work shows, hopefully the playlists will be added soon.

The maps you selected for Halo 2 Classic seem to fit the gametypes quite well and if anything I'd add District for 1 Flag; whenever I've played that mode on the pointed out map the vehicle combat was really enjoyable and the scenary offers a lot of playstyles and hidden spots. Paired with that, we would get rid of the advantages of one side over the other. I think its layout is good for one-sided Objective. If not, it could have a low weighting for a gametype like KOTH or Territories. On the other hand, Uplift could work if it was limited to Multi Bomb which would make the task of attacking bases succesfully faster and easier, while allowing the different paths and verticality to be used tactically, rather than Multi Flag, though I can see why it would be better for a Social environment.

As for the rewards, I consider them to be interesting enough to keep the playlist fresh in terms of population. However, from my point of view a seasonal point should be awarded after going up 10 ranks instead of 5.

Finally, as a suggestion, I reckon changing the default vehicle to be a Spectre instead of a Warthog in the map Coagulation could enhance teamwork heavily, a key part of competitive. Despite not being truly powerful in terms of damage, the possibilities for strategy and coordination are countless, not to mention its boosting ability is helpful for running over enemies. Not to mention it could be seen as a refreshing inclusion to an already really well polished BTB experience, while offering something new for the playlist that can attract even more population.
I'm keen on the idea, I believe it'd be interesting to try BTB with a competitive mindset, just like Squad Battle (although, as far as I know, it was limited to 6v6) back in the days. I must say this is a very detailed post and the work shows, hopefully the playlists will be added soon.

The maps you selected for Halo 2 Classic seem to fit the gametypes quite well and if anything I'd add District for 1 Flag; whenever I've played that mode on the pointed out map the vehicle combat was really enjoyable and the scenary offers a lot of playstyles and hidden spots. Paired with that, we would get rid of the advantages of one side over the other. I think its layout is good for one-sided Objective. If not, it could have a low weighting for a gametype like KOTH or Territories. On the other hand, Uplift could work if it was limited to Multi Bomb which would make the task of attacking bases succesfully faster and easier, while allowing the different paths and verticality to be used tactically, rather than Multi Flag, though I can see why it would be better for a Social environment.

As for the rewards, I consider them to be interesting enough to keep the playlist fresh in terms of population. However, from my point of view a seasonal point should be awarded after going up 10 ranks instead of 5.

Finally, as a suggestion, I reckon changing the default vehicle to be a Spectre instead of a Warthog in the map Coagulation could enhance teamwork heavily, a key part of competitive. Despite not being truly powerful in terms of damage, the possibilities for strategy and coordination are countless, not to mention its boosting ability is helpful for running over enemies. Not to mention it could be seen as a refreshing inclusion to an already really well polished BTB experience, while offering something new for the playlist that can attract even more population.
More Spectre support is needed, even if it's kind of a dookie vehicle lmao
Considering Infinite's delay, ranked rotational playlists like ranked BTB are going to be necessary to hold players over during this drought. Otherwise it's going to be a very long wait for Infinite.
Legitsky wrote:
Considering Infinite's delay, ranked rotational playlists like ranked BTB are going to be necessary to hold players over during this drought. Otherwise it's going to be a very long wait for Infinite.
Yep I really wish they would make it happen already! :(
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. ...
  8. 6