Forums / Games / Halo: The Master Chief Collection (PC)

Master Chief Collection re-purchase?

OP TheIckyStickie

So, if I own MCC on my Xbox One digitally, does that mean when it releases on Windows Store, I can just re-download it on launch like Gears of War and Cuphead?
Its not a play anywhere title.
From the stickied reddit AMA thread.
"A. As Bonnie noted on Sunday, we appreciate all of the Xbox One players who have supported MCC over the years and we realize that many existing MCC players are also interested in playing the game on PC. While MCC was released prior to the Xbox Play Anywhere program, we are still exploring ways to recognize the continued support of our Xbox One players so they are also able to enjoy MCC on PC. We will have more details as we get closer to launch."
Ah, that's dissapointing. Thank you!
It is gonna be part of the game pass on PC so you wont have to rebuy it but its only 10$ per title so at least we got options.
deathgami wrote:
It is gonna be part of the game pass on PC so you wont have to rebuy it but its only 10$ per title so at least we got options.
Yup, you can get it on Game Pass for PC for AU$10 a month (right now it’s cheaper cause it’s a beta).

You can also buy the collection on Steam or the Microsoft Store for US$10 per game (Reach, CEA, 2A, 3 and 4) and US$5 for ODST totalling to US$55.

Both Steam and MS have shared matchmaking through your Xbox Live account however you do not need Gold.
I have had mcc on xbox since its release and I still play it today . I would gladly pay for it again on pc , I think $10 per game is great value .
I have had mcc on xbox since its release and I still play it today . I would gladly pay for it again on pc , I think $10 per game is great value .
Pretty much. I won't even consider Game Pass PC, I will buy each game just to support these guys. Let's just hope it won't turn out to be another Xbox launch disaster.
Terg500 wrote:
Pretty much. I won't even consider Game Pass PC, I will buy each game just to support these guys. Let's just hope it won't turn out to be another Xbox launch disaster.
I think they have learnt their lesson on that one based on the flights/beta proposed before the initial launch on PC .

I actually have game pass ultimate and it's legit I would recommend it . If MCC wasn't included though I would buy each game twice just to support them .
I am guessing Microsoft will eventually charge us for xbox live gold on pc, once their player base expands or at least will try add more and more games are available to pc they will try to charge us for it... I really hope they don't though.
I am guessing Microsoft will eventually charge us for xbox live gold on pc, once their player base expands or at least will try ad more and more games are available to pc they will try to charge us for it... I really hope they don't though.
I'd hope not. All other major platforms on PC are devoid of a fee system, so it'd set a dangerous precedent.
Considering Microsoft have stated they won't do that, going back on their word would cause one hell of a backlash. Gamers are (rightly) starting to lose patience with similar practices, so it'd just hurt everyone involved. Let's hope they stick with individual one-off purchases and the optional game pass.
I am guessing Microsoft will eventually charge us for xbox live gold on pc, once their player base expands or at least will try ad more and more games are available to pc they will try to charge us for it... I really hope they don't though.
I'd hope not. All other major platforms on PC are devoid of a fee system, so it'd set a dangerous precedent.
Considering Microsoft have stated they won't do that, going back on their word would cause one hell of a backlash. Gamers are (rightly) starting to lose patience with similar practices, so it'd just hurt everyone involved. Let's hope they stick with individual one-off purchases and the optional game pass.
Yeah true, even if they stated they won't do that many other corporations always stated the same thing, and a few years later they decided because of this and this that it has to be. Hard to trust a corporations word when it is about more money and profits. I doubt a change any time soon but maybe in near future they might do it.
I am guessing Microsoft will eventually charge us for xbox live gold on pc, once their player base expands or at least will try add more and more games are available to pc they will try to charge us for it... I really hope they don't though.
I'd hope that they learned their lesson from the last time they tried that nonsense.
I doubt they'll try to add a live/gold fee for the PC player base.
It's well worth re-buying on PC for $55. I want to reward 343 for their efforts of finally getting all the Halo games to PC.
You'll have to either purchase it again or play with game pass. They've said each game will be $10 except ODST which will be $5 however there won't be any fee to play online with a gold membership or anything like that.
So, if I own MCC on my Xbox One digitally, does that mean when it releases on Windows Store, I can just re-download it on launch like Gears of War and Cuphead?
I feel like that would be too much effort to just give out for free. an asking price for a AAA port of six of the best games of all time is not unreasonable.
I feel like that would be too much effort to just give out for free. an asking price for a AAA port of six of the best games of all time is not unreasonable.
Don't get me wrong, I have no problem paying for it again BECAUSE of how it's priced, but keep in mind Gears of War 5, Gears 4, Sea of Thieves, Cuphead, MvCInfinite, Halo Wars 2 and Forza all have cross buy. It's not an impossible idea that they could've made MCC cross buy too, lmao.
Ah, that's dissapointing. Thank you!
Not a definite no though!