Forums / Games / Halo: The Master Chief Collection (PC)

mcc and reach(pc) might revive halo

OP Phelanfoxx

When halo the master cheif collection and reach releases on pc a lot of pc players will buy the game and it will become popular
Halo will indeed make a triumphant return to the pc world.
During one of their streams I heard someone from 343i say something like "I can see a future where the community takes the game over in the form of mods and whatnot." (Don't quote me on that, I'm paraphrasing.)
It is pretty exciting to think about what the community can do now that it's on PC. A really exciting thing would be if they were to release modding tools after finishing the game porting. Just look at what happened with Skyrim.
MikauAnaki wrote:
During one of their streams I heard someone from 343i say something like "I can see a future where the community takes the game over in the form of mods and whatnot." (Don't quote me on that, I'm paraphrasing.)
It is pretty exciting to think about what the community can do now that it's on PC. A really exciting thing would be if they were to release modding tools after finishing the game porting. Just look at what happened with Skyrim.
Smells like MCC Custom Edition
if they believe then they can achieve!
If 343 plays their cards right and maintains the hype train then we have a full return of Halo love. All they need to do is make sure people's intrest isn't lost.

I would also like to see Halo get competitive with COD again after seeing Modern Warfare Reboot following the same patterns Halo Infinite with listening to the fans.
Halo Infinite has the potential to revive Halo as a top-tier franchise, however:

1) It has to be a really good game - like, REALLY good. Not Halo 4 and 5 good, where it gets a solid-if-unenthusiastic review, and the media moves on. This needs to be like that God of War game from last year, or Breath of the Wild. That kind of transcendent game, that generates articles deconstructing the themes and messages, and what makes it great, for weeks afterward. Sony have had more than one of those this generation. You aren't reviving anything without a game that is truly a "can't miss" experience.

2) It needs to get lucky. Halo became what it was, in part because it was the right game at the right time. Being a launch title helps immensely, because people are hungry for ANYTHING that demonstrates the full potential of their new console purchase, but this also means striking a nerve with the multiplayer community - which was a big part of the reason Halo endured in popularity.

3) It needs to be expertly marketed. That's more than just spending lots of money on ads or whatever - it means dripping out reveals and information at just the right times, to both keep it in the minds of gamers, and build hype without overheating it. Cyberpunk is doing this really well right now, drip-feeding news and videos about the game, so media keep writing about it.

4) It needs to evolve the Halo formula in a way that FEELS fresh and rejuvenated, to speak to concerns and beliefs that Halo has become a "tired" or "overdone" franchise. Whether you agree with it or not, I think we can at least agree that we've all heard some variation of this statement on internet comment sections and whatnot. Perception is reality, and Infinite needs to reshape that perception. Gears of War has had the same problem, to a larger degree.

Halo fans are already on board and will at least play the game, so they aren't your problem. What makes it part of the cultural zeitgeist again, is regaining that gigantic, more casual audience.
Yeah it might, if it ever -Yoinking!- comes out.
Tekoa28 wrote:
Yeah it might, if it ever -Yoinking!- comes out.
It will come out once it is ready. The last thing we need is another bad launch.
Halo fans are already on board and will at least play the game, so they aren't your problem. What makes it part of the cultural zeitgeist again, is regaining that gigantic, more casual audience.
I think a major part of retaining the casual audience is retaining a competitive scene/audience. It seems to me, every Halo title dies as soon as the competitive scene dies.
I certainly hope so my man. I really do. Halo is in desperate need or a resurrection.
I think a major part of retaining the casual audience is retaining a competitive scene/audience. It seems to me, every Halo title dies as soon as the competitive scene dies.
The competitive scene definitely helps things quite a bit. It's what gets the game on popular streams and YouTube channels. Exposure is what MCC really needs right now.