Forums / Games / Halo: The Master Chief Collection (PC)

[Locked] MCC Campaign Feedback

OP Postums

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 17
Welcome to the feedback thread for Campaign.
  • Multiplayer Feedback goes HERE
  • Firefight Feedback goes HERE
  • Misc/Other Feedback goes HERE
The purpose of this thread is if you encounter an issue or have a suggestion or general feedback related to MCC Campaign. When posting, please include as much detail as possible to include:
  • MCC HALO GAME: please specify which game within MCC you're providing feedback for
  • ISSUE/FEEDBACK: please be as detailed as possible.
  • REPRO STEPS: If it's a bug/issue, please provide the steps taken to reproduce this bug (if applicable)
  • ADDITIONAL INFO: If you have a screenshot, game clip, or other supporting material, please provide the link in your post.
  1. MCC HALO Game: REACH
  2. ISSUES/FEEDBACK: There is a largely noticeable amount of input lag on mouse & keyboard when playing Campaign Co-Op, first encountered on Winter Contingency. It doesn't seem to affect the host of the match but it does affect the rest of the party.
  3. REPRO STEPS: Get into the game, load into another host's campaign lobby, start the game, then start walking around and if you aren't the host, there's up a second of noticeable input lag.
  4. ADDITIONAL INFO: When I changed the hosts, the new host and the one other person in our party no longer had the input lag but I was still experiencing it.
1. MCC Halo Game: REACH
2. ISSUES/FEEDBACK: Audio for effects and dialogue sound faint or muffled during gameplay, but fine during cutscenes. Weapons firing sound as though they are not as clear or loud as they should be, and dialogue, while audible, is noticeably quiet, even when the player is standing directly next to someone who is speaking.
3. REPRO STEPS: Play Winter Contingency.
4. ADDITIONAL INFO: This issue was constant throughout gameplay, while cutscenes had clear and distinct audio without any abnormalities. It is entirely possible that the problem lies in my own computer's audio system setup, but this issue does not occur with other games on my computer. Music and effects in the game's menu are clear and distinct as well. It is only during gameplay that audio sounds confined and restrained.
5. POSSIBLE SOLUTION: Troubleshoot computer sound system using Windows troubleshooting applications. Solution performed on 12/04/2019, on Windows 10 Professional computer. Sound effects (weapons firing, etc...) are much more clear and distinct in gameplay, while dialogue is only slightly muffled in comparison to earlier playthroughs. Sound is not 100% identical to clarity of original X-Box 360 game, but improvements are improvements.

[Edited on 12.04.2019 at 10:16 PM Eastern Time]
  • MCC HALO GAME: REACH
  • ISSUE/FEEDBACK: Audio for weapons is very low and can barely hear it. All other audio is great. I have changes settings in game and locally on my computer and still experience very low audio for weapons both on speakers and Logitech headset.
  • REPRO STEPS: N/A
  • ADDITIONAL INFO: Issue persists on Multiplayer and Campaign. Can barely hear weapons. Thanks!
2. ISSUES/FEEDBACK: ONI: Sword Base Doesn't load properly
3. REPRO STEPS: Start mission with Oni: Sword Base selected OR beat winter contingency and begin next map
4. ADDITIONAL INFO: once you start the map it takes me to the loading screen and after it is fully loaded it flashes to the halo MCC screen (with the MCC logo and halo spinning) which the flight test used as the main screen (the last flight test) then it takes me back to the select mission screen lobby.
  • MCC HALO GAME: Reach
  • ISSUE/FEEDBACK: Was on the elevator on ONI Sword base with KAT, and Kat and I started floating in the elevator and unable to move
  • ADDITIONAL INFO: Link to Clip, Starts at 6 seconds. I'm playing at 1080p unlimited framerate, no vysnc, enhanced graphics.
No sound in bluetooth device
2. ISSUES/FEEDBACK: Audio for effects and dialogue sound faint or muffled during gameplay, but fine during cutscenes. Weapons firing sound as though they are not as clear or loud as they should be, and dialogue, while audible, is noticeably quiet, even when the player is standing directly next to someone who is speaking.
3. REPRO STEPS: N/A
4. ADDITIONAL INFO: This issue was constant throughout gameplay, while cutscenes had clear and distinct audio without any abnormalities. It is entirely possible that the problem lies in my own computer's audio system setup, but this issue does not occur with other games on my computer. Music and effects in the game's menu are clear and distinct as well. It is only during gameplay that audio sounds confined and restrained.
I played the first campaign mission and I too have this problem.
  • MCC HALO GAME: REACH
  • ISSUE/FEEDBACK: When moving the character with the WASD keyboard buttons, hitting the Crouch key does not work. You can only crouch when you're standing still.
    I'm also unable to rebound the Push to talk button. I'm used to pressing V to melee but I can't bound the key to that, because it's grayed out.
    Subtitles cannot be seen during any segment of the game. No subtitles in cutscenes, nor in-game.
    Character/NPC dialogue is very faint, also gun sounds are very faint as well. Had to turn down the music to hear them properly.
  • REPRO STEPS: N/A
  • ADDITIONAL INFO: Everything is stated above. In-game issues are constant, restarting the game or reinstalling it does not fix these.
3. REPRO STEPS: N/A
Apparently this has been identified as an issue since Flight 3: https://youtu.be/J9mY0SFTLjk
DJNEKKO wrote:
2. ISSUES/FEEDBACK: ONI: Sword Base Doesn't load properly
3. REPRO STEPS: Start mission with Oni: Sword Base selected OR beat winter contingency and begin next map
4. ADDITIONAL INFO: once you start the map it takes me to the loading screen and after it is fully loaded it flashes to the halo MCC screen (with the MCC logo and halo spinning) which the flight test used as the main screen (the last flight test) then it takes me back to the select mission screen lobby.
Same Problem here
  • MCC HALO GAME: Halo: Reach
  • ISSUE/FEEDBACK: Weapon sound effects and dialogue are extremely quiet and easily drowned out by other sounds. Weapons sound flat and unimpactful, unlike the original sound effects from Halo: Reach on Xbox 360.
  • REPRO STEPS: Load a Campaign mission and experiment with firing weapons and listening for ally dialogue, especially in busy environments such as firefights.
  • ADDITIONAL INFO: N/A
  • MCC HALO GAME: Halo:Reach PC
  • ISSUE/FEEDBACK: No way to customize spartan for campaign.
  • REPRO STEPS: n/a
  • ADDITIONAL INFO: You guys screwed up on this one. Part of the draw for Reach was your spartan, looking your way, fighting through the campaign. Now, I have to online matchmake in order to unlock things just so I can customize my look in campaign? You should have either a) Not jumped on the whole "season grinding / battle pass" bandwagon, or b) Allow campaign spartans to be customized separately.
I'm not going to play a bunch of stuff I don't want to play just so I can enjoy the story, period. Let me know when you've corrected this monumental mistake and I'll reinstall.
  • MCC HALO GAME: Halo Reach
  • ISSUE/FEEDBACK: I have personalised an emblem in the emblem customisation menu. I appreciated that, when in the armor customisation menu, the emblem did not appear on the armor (as it did in the Xbox 360 version of Reach). However, when I started the campaign, in the Noble actual mission introduction, I appreciated that another emblem appeared on my armour. I have played this mission with some friends and it looks we all have some default emblem on our characters. I cannot say yet if this problem is just limited to this mission, or happens in the whole game.
  • REPRO STEPS: Just set an emblem and start Noble actual.
  • ADDITIONAL INFO: none.
  • ISSUE/FEEDBACK: Custom emblems do not actually appear on the player character. A generic emblem appears instead. This is most noticeable during cutscenes and the like.
  • REPRO STEPS: Set up a custom emblem through the customization menu, play the game.
  • ADDITIONAL INFO: Based on spectating as well as observing my player character's corpse after respawn, this issue appears to present in the multiplayer aspects of the game as well.
  • ISSUE/FEEDBACK: Game music during Campaign is messed up and drowns out everything else.
  • REPRO STEPS: Play the Campaign, maybe with headphones.
  • ADDITIONAL INFO: Lowering game music volume helps, but I really want to listen to that soundtrack ;(
  • MCC HALO GAME: Reach
  • ISSUE/Feedback: Issue 1: Right Mouse Zoom in Click oversensitive or not accepting input. As you press right mouse key to zoom in, it automatically keeps zooming in and out, in an out but very fast, like 3-4x zoom in an out per second at times. This auto-solves itself after constant right mouse being pressed but is annoying, especially on legendary. Issue 2: Weapon sound in fights appears at times as if underwater, or weak in general. Issue 3: Kat floats in elevator in Oni Sword Base.
  • Repro Steps: N/A (since it automatically does it each time).
  • Additional Info: N/A
As for the game, amazing job, real fun and thanks for this. Also, for the next Halo game please make a nice die-cast weathered Pelican Dropship and put it in that Collector's Edition !!

EDIT UPDATE:

ISSUE/Feedback: Issue 4: In "Tip of the Spear" if you arrive at the mining outpost, once you are inside of it, there is a window that you can shoot to enter a small room labeled "Maintenance". You can easily go in that room via crouch jumps after shooting the windows, but once inside, you cannot crouch jump out.
  • ISSUE/FEEDBACK: Attempting to play Co-op Campaign and firefight causes incredible amounts of lag and "waiting for player" desyncing.
  • REPRO STEPS: Play Co-op campaign and observe
  • ADDITIONAL INFO: Set-up more dedicated servers not just for multiplayer and/or set-up the ability to connect to specific IP for LAN.
I really enjoy Reach but trying to introduce my friends to Reach in this state is just a non-starter. This shouldn't have been a problem at launch. I'm just very disappointed.
MCC HALO GAME: Halo: Reach
ISSUE/FEEDBACK: Encountered a wall that when you walk into it, it allows you to clip into, just to kill you moments later. Found this in the Campaign mission Nightfall.
REPRO STEPS: Play through Nightfall as normal until you reach the second major firefight (ID'd by a large, circular platform made of concrete with what I assume is a silo. Once in the area, simply walk forward from the doorway you entered the area from until you hit the circular wall. From there, keep right of the pile of wood, and hug the wall until you get to the metal support bar to the right of the wood pile. Crouch and then you'll be able to walk into the wall, then die moments later.
ADDITIONAL INFO: Simply requires a small patch to prevent entry into the wall.

Other notes: Amazing job on finally porting Halo to PC. I cannot wait a single minute until the whole series is on PC.
ISSUE/FEEDBACK: Sound in Campaign is messed up. Guns are WAY too quiet, music drowns out everything else.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 17