Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo: The Master Chief Collection (PC)

[Locked] MCC Campaign Feedback

OP Postums

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 10
  4. 11
  5. 12
  6. 13
  7. 14
  8. ...
  9. 17
  • MCC HALO GAME: Halo Reach
  • ISSUE/FEEDBACK: No xp progression from custom firefight or campaign.
I really hope they re-implement this as it makes these modes feel vastly less rewarding when no reward is gleaned from them.
It just feels as though we are being railroaded into pvp modes in order to progress which was contrary to the original reach (granted progression was slow before but it was still there).
As someone who has always played halo for the story, I am unfortunately having my overall experience hampered.
I am unsure if there is a plan behind the scenes to rectify this, but a reversal of this decision would be immensely appreciated.
First Issue:
Game:
Halo Reach
Issue:
EAC detects G.Skill lighting software as a violation

Description: EAC is closing the program in a CTD with the error message "Game Security Violation Detected (#0000000D) [hid.exe]" Appears to be closing due to lighting software for G.Skill TridentZ ram. Have seen other players reports of it also crashing due to other motherboard lighting control software.

Repro Steps: Launch the game with a system with G.skill RGB ram in place and lighting software installed (Lights do not even have to be active). It loads to menu and then CTD with error "Game Security Violation Detected (#0000000D) [hid.exe]"
Also reported with other lighting software elsewhere on the net like Asus Aura and Asrock RGB Sync.
You can bypass by running in EAC disabled mode, but then cannot earn achievements. This needs to be fixed I submitted a ticket on release day for it and was told I would hear back "soon"on the issue. It should be pretty simple to whitelist the various RGB control programs in EAC.

Second Issue:

Game: Halo Reach
Issue: Scorpion steering is awful.

Description: This is probably not only a campaign issue but the Scorpion steers like hot garbage with keyboard and mouse...

It wasn't an issue back in the Halo: CE days, but now it definitely does things it shouldn't do, like holding A and the nose turning right for some reason or visa versa. Make an option at least to let the WASD keys control the base in relation to camera perspective like it used to be at least.
(Ie: how it was in CE was that if your gun and therefore camera were pointed to the side of the tank, your strafe keys A and D would operate as forward and back in relation to the tank body. It makes a lot more sense than...whatever the hell it tries to do when you do stuff like that now...)

Repro: ...Try to drive a scorpion as well as you could in CE with a mouse and keyboard.
MCC HALO GAME: Reach
ISSUE/FEEDBACK: During the Long Night of Solace mission, seraph shields will completely deflect locked-on missiles almost every time.
REPRO STEPS: Possibly hitbox issue? I've noticed this with the main cannon shots as well but not as much. Playing on Legendary solo if that has any effect.
ADDITIONAL INFO: Here's a video showcasing the issue. As you can see, seraph shields are a little TOO efficient at deflecting missiles. I don't know what shield tech the Covies ripped from the Forerunners but damn it's good.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pxnbUN5Jsd8
Also the auto aim of the seraphs are insane! You cant dodge 4 seraphs shooting at you at the same time from 4 different directions.
Buddy. Thats by design. You have to break the shields with the gun first.
Peer to peer lag of campaign is insane. I know this is a known issue but a bit of urgency would be nice. Or at least an update on what you are working on and how the progress is.
  • MCC HALO GAME: Halo: Reach
  • ISSUE/FEEDBACK: Mission: The package cannot be completed. I started and finished the mission 3 times on legendary difficulty and after each playthrough the MCC says I have not completed the mission, nor has any record of me even attempting the mission.
  • MCC HALO GAME: Halo Reach (PC)
  • ISSUE/FEEDBACK: Campaign playlists are broken. I've played up to Long Night of Solace on both Normal and LASO playlists. When I first beat Tip of the Spear, LNoS loaded normally but I saved and quit during the opening cutscene to play it later. Tried to fire it up again later only for it not to load on either playlist. The loading screen finishes, then the screen goes black, then white with the 'score' in the bottom right corner, then after about a second it kicks me back to the playlist menu. There's no way to start the level from the beginning without restarting the entire playlist.
  • REPRO STEPS: Play any given playlist up to LNoS, save and quit during cutscene, try and resume playlist later.
  • OTHER: Playing on steam. Issue isn't present when loading up a campaign level outside of playlists.
Tip of the spear mission bug: Cat stops driving on the stretch of broken road before the last aa gun, after getting out of the warthog she stood atill for a while before disappearing, then the dialog of her staying behind plays before reaching the last aa
  • ISSUE/FEEDBACK: Mission: The package cannot be completed. I started and finished the mission 3 times on legendary difficulty and after each playthrough the MCC says I have not completed the mission, nor has any record of me even attempting the mission.
I've completed Oni sword base and Nightfall on legendary, neither counted as completed. I hope this gets fixed otherwise I don't see a point in playing through campaign
Hello! I have compiled a list of various community feedback, that i will post in full elsewhere soon, and I'm sharing parts of that feedback on these forums.
You can see the full list here: https://old.reddit.com/r/halo/comments/e9tubz/mcc_pc_reach_community_feedback_issues_list/?
Here's the feedback for Campaign of MCC's Halo:Reach, on PC (Stuff already known by 343 is not included) :
  • There is no way to walk slowly unless using a gamepad. (ticket sent)
  • The players want better control over their Video settings, three presets are not enough.
  • (intended?) If you try to pick up a weapon that's under an armor ability, the ability always takes priority, making it a chore to get the weapon you want.
  • (Not confirmed?) Some players report NPCs in campaign having too high of a fire-rate, and speculate that its caused by high framerate.
  • (Intended?) Vehicles that have a boost option (ghost, wraith), will splatter any enemies when they boost regardless of the actual speed they’re moving at, causing unintuitive deaths.
  • 1) In arcade (Scoring enabled) there doesn’t seem to be a way for players to view their medals. Caused by two issues:
    1.1) In the post-mission screen, before loading into another mission, clicking on a player will only give the option to view their career stats, with no option to view medals.
    Proposed fix is to add said option.
    1.2) From the screen mentioned before, Continuing in any way will automatically load the next mission. If the player quits said mission, they WILL be able to look at their medals in the post-carnage screen, but the medals from the completed mission will be lost. (ticket sent)
  • ACCESSIBILITY - No Subtitles for in-game dialogue.
  • High lag, input lag in Coop. (343 seem aware of this). I should note that it makes Coop unplayable even on connections over distances that would have minimal lag in other games, such as Germany to Western Russia.
  • (Score enabled) Unlike Firefight and MP, campaign uses updated Medal Icons instead of the ones that were used in Reach. Ideally would be a profile setting to choose the preference between the two.
  • Multiple players reported failing to load a certain mission and getting booted back to main menu. Possibly fixed already.
  • (Coop and firefights) (Not Confirmed?) Some players report grunts entering suicide mode too quickly and without the appropriate animation, possibly due to lag.
  • 2) No EXP gain for campaign, custom MP games, custom Firefight games discourages players from returning to those modes.
    2.1)Even if EXP gains in those modes need to be nerfed significantly, such as having daily caps, mission caps, or awarding EXP based on time spent and not performance, it would still be an improvement over getting literally nothing.
    2.2)While Daily and weekly challenges would help with the problem somewhat, and im sure those will be added in the future, being rewarded for simply playing is still the preferred solution.
  • ISSUE/FEEDBACK: Bluescreen appears during gameplay in campaign and online, it happened four times so far, twice in campaign, and twice in Firefight
  • REPRO STEPS: There cannot be any real reproduction of it because it happens in random intervals(although last time it happened I was charging the Covenant Sniper Beam Rifle)
  • ADDITIONAL INFO: As I mentioned above, last time it happened, I was using a weapon.
  • ISSUE/FEEDBACK: On PC, it is not triggering that I've completed Long Night of Solace.
  • REPRO STEPS: I have played through the mission on normal twice, once on my first playthrough of the campaign, and the second time (today) when I realized it hadn't triggered completion.
  • ADDITIONAL INFO: screenshots: https://imgur.com/gallery/5TyASEu
MCC HALO GAME: Halo: Reach
ISSUE/FEEDBACK: On PC, playlist is broken and loading wrong missions. New Alexandria loads Tip of the Spear, and The Pillar of Autumn loads the Package.
REPRO STEPS: LASO playlist, start mission.
ADDITIONAL INFO: Screenshot: https://i.imgur.com/HhPmVcC.jpg

Edit: Just loaded the mission in full-screen rather than borderless and it worked. I... I have no idea if this was just random chance or what.
Tip of the spear mission bug: Cat stops driving on the stretch of broken road before the last aa gun, after getting out of the warthog she stood atill for a while before disappearing, then the dialog of her staying behind plays before reaching the last aa
This is a long standing joke. Cats driving AI is terrible. Solution: drive it yourself. It might suck but if you are playing on a higher difficulty than normal you want to drive anyways. Even the best driver AI will get you killed.
I hope that we can earn more xp playing campaign, or at least under certain conditions like the weekly challenges or the daily missions as before
  • MCC HALO GAME: Reach
  • ISSUE/FEEDBACK: Crashing
  • REPRO STEPS: Me and my friend have been trying to get the achievement to beat the campaign in under 3 hours on legendary for about a week now. We were having a good run yesterday until my game decided to crash, i wasn't to mad and just blew it off. Now we almost had a perfect run having over an hour left on the last 2 mission and my game decides to crash again in the loading screen, i was so mad that i didn't get it and my friend had to finish it solo and my game crashing is ridiculous.
  • ADDITIONAL INFO: Im wondering if anyone else is having this problem and how it can be fixed. thank you.
Game: Reach

UNSC guns feel like trash in campaign.

The DMR's accuracy is random. Shotgun feels like a Nerf gun.

The Battle Rifle is probably Halo Reach's most undesirable weapon. The spread is just too high, controlled bursts feel like they do 0 damage. You unload an entire clip into an enemy and it doesn't even break their shield.

On Legendary, Marines are also way too friendly with convenant forces. Brutes are the only ones who try to kill them. They just let jackals, grunts etc walk right by them and don't even try to shoot.

If the point of NPCs doing this is to make Legendary harder, I'd prefer that they not even be on the map at all so they can't steal my ghost and get it blown up or run me over with a warthog.

ISSUE/FEEDBACK: Sound in Campaign is messed up. Guns are WAY too quiet, music drowns out everything else.
You can turn down the music. If the rest of the game is too quiet, you can turn your computer's volume up.

Like not to be an -Yoink- or anything, but it's one of the first things I did because I agree.
Hello
I purchased Halo: mastr chief collection on steam, but I have a problem:
I can only play halo reach .... is there a way to play all the other halo? or is it a block for steam users? Thank you I await your reply ....
ISSUE
PLATFORM: Halo Reach MCC PC

Can't continue my Halo Reach Campaign walkthrough. Am stuck on the mission 'Long night of solace'. The mission loaded up like all the others, i played a little bit (i believe until the first checkpoint), i chose the 'restart mission' option, the opening cinematic loaded up, I closed Halo MCC through the 'save/ quit' option.

The next day, I've loaded up Halo MCC and wanted to continue, the mission loaded up, but after the loading bar was finished, the screen went black, and then I was thrown back into the menu. Tried loading MCC as administrator, same result.

SOLUTION: Chose the aforementioned mission through missions, started flawlessly.
FallenVFX wrote:
This is a long standing joke. Cats driving AI is terrible. Solution: drive it yourself. It might suck but if you are playing on a higher difficulty than normal you want to drive anyways. Even the best driver AI will get you killed.
Yeah i know that cat is a terrible driver, the glitch was she completley dissapeared before she was supposed to
HelloI purchased Halo: mastr chief collection on steam, but I have a problem:I can only play halo reach .... is there a way to play all the other halo? or is it a block for steam users? Thank you I await your reply ....
Dude, the other ones aren't released yet for pc.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 10
  4. 11
  5. 12
  6. 13
  7. 14
  8. ...
  9. 17