Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo: The Master Chief Collection (PC)

[Locked] MCC Feedback (PC) - 2020

OP Postums

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 14
Welcome to the dedicated feedback thread for MCC on PC.
  • Campaign Feedback
  • Multiplayer Feedback
  • Misc/Other Feedback
The purpose of this thread is to gather suggestions or general feedback related to MCC on PC. When posting, please include as much detail as possible to include:
  • MCC HALO GAME: please specify which game within MCC you're providing feedback for
  • ADDITIONAL INFO: If you have a screenshot, game clip, or other supporting material, please provide the link in your post.
For all technical issues, please make sure to head on over to Halo Support site and find out if it is a known issue. If not, please submit a ticket
MCC HALO GAME: UI

FEEDBACK: Campaign missions should grant experience in line with the score. While it is good that players can earn XP via challenges, the fact remains that Campaign missions grant no XP by themselves. Using score as a basis for XP also means players can't gain easy XP with cheat skulls. Players should also be rewarded for custom firefight games providing they are using inbuilt gametype variants - this allows players to play games like Score Attack and gain XP, without allowing players to farm easy XP with invincibility and excess damage modifiers.
  • MCC HALO GAME: All of them
  • FEEDBACK: I play most games with a Steam Controller and Halo is no exception, though it does feel kind of odd since you can't use gamepad+mouse, the only options are gamepad or keyboard+mouse, I'd love to have analogue movement and proper button glyphs while using the gyroscope to aim with the mouse, is there any chance Steam Input can be put in the game or maybe just let there be an option to let people play with a gamepad+mouse? The whole point of the Steam Controller now is the fun of playing a game with a controller mixed with mouse accurate aiming and fully custom bindings, it's perfect for Halo!

And since Flick Stick has been added to Steam Input, those using the DS4 or Switch Pro/Joy Cons are probably going to try playing Halo like that (Flick Stick is the controller's gyroscope for aiming and the right stick is like the face of a clock turning you horizontally only), with the buttons on their controllers showing up on screen!
  • ADDITIONAL INFO: With the Steam Controller I still see keyboard and mouse buttons on screen, I know what I'm doing thanks to muscle memory but it would still be nice to have the right glyths and to have different action sets for gameplay, menus, theater and forge edit mode. This would also mean that regular Xbox controls should be able to be edited too, either with Steam Input or in the game itself.
    Here's an example of my personal SC bindings for the game

https://i.imgur.com/WT1Nqw2.png

I always use the left touch pad for movement, I prefer it to using a stick.
    Clicking the edges of the right pad acts as a D-Pad, with dual-wield and reload being on the left and right edges, top is switch weapon, and the center is just Use.
    Melee being the right trigger along with shoot is actually something that the SC is great for, dual-stage analogue triggers, a normal pull is shoot and full pull/click is melee, there's a ton of extra settings for using the trigger like this, I use one called "Hip fire aggressive".
    Steam Input added to this game would make this much better and easier to use!
I've been recently looking into cut or unfinished content for Halo, and feel like a lot of it could be recycled as unlockable content for Season items WITHOUT compromising the goal of preserving Halo's history. And a piece of this is because I love being lazy and reusing and preserving cut content. Additionally, one of the focuses on MCC development is more control to the player for creating content for the various games through custom game types and through Forge, and a lot of these options provide that control.

• Halo: Combat Evolved
Bang Skull

The only thing that should ever be added to Halo 1 should be the cut from Halo: Combat Evolved Anniversary: The skull that replace gun sound effects with the 343 staff saying "bang". Please. Please do this.

• Halo 2
Shielded Flood Skull
One of the cut items from Halo 2 were Flood Carriers with Jackal shields, a skull that gives them all Flood Carriers shields would be a cute way to bring this back. I want to modify the game in weird ways to make me play differently, not hard ways to make me play better.

• Halo 3
Shielded Flood Skull
Just like Halo 2's shielded carriers, they were cut from Halo 3 too, a skull would be a good way to bring this back.

Banger Infection Skull
Another cut enemy were exploding Infection Flood Form. This would be a very stupid yet beautifully challenging skull to modify all existing Infection Forms to blow up.

Assassin Skull
A cut skull that makes all enemies cloaked. Honestly, I hate it, it's far too strong based on modder's full implementation, but for the sake of additional skulls and ways to play, it's not my place to say otherwise.

Halo 3: ODST Third Person Skull
ODST features a cut fully functioning third person skull, having the camera behind the player.

Synchronize Skulls between ODST and Halo 3
The Assassin, Third Person, and Acrophobia skulls would work really well if included in both Halo 3 and ODST.

• Halo Reach:
CONDEMNED-class Mjolnir and PRESERVE-class Mjolnir
Two armor sets cut from Halo Reach DLC made by 343, they could serve as mascots for this potential update of collected cut content.

Additional Firefight Enemies
Both the drones and the Guta were cut from firefight. With challenges being added to support and encourage firefight, the gamemode needs more variety to keep more active users, so additional enemies would be perfect for this functionality. Especially since the Guta were drastically underutilized in-game.

Firefight "Schism" Setting
Firefight additionally had more enemy options, allowing them to fight one another. This can provide so many interesting firefight gametypes.

Laser Sight Sniper Rifle
The Laser Sight Sniper Rifle was a Sniper Rifle with a Laser Sight, that needed to be charged to fire a shot. I feel as if the charging function doesn't aid gameplay, but a Laser Sight Sniper Rifle could make for really interesting attack/defense gametypes, with a visual warning before a sniping shot. Since silenced weapons were added to Halo 3, a new weapon to Halo Reach would be a nice touch.

Unused Armor Abilities?
The following armor abilities are included in the system's files:
Ammo Pack, Power Fist, Repulsor, Sensor Pack, Super Jump, EMP Pulse, Shield Generator
I was unable to find how close they were to completion though, and several of them were finalized in different forms (IE, the Jetpack renders a Super Jump unnecessary), but the others, such as Ammo Pack, could be added for further ways to play multiplayer or firefight. Several of them could be used as more supportive roles, which are currently lacking in Halo Reach's design.

Implementing Skull options in All Multiplayer Gametypes
The Black Eye, Boom and Pinata skulls would make a beautiful and terrifying combination gametype for Halo 1: having that type of control for gametypes would be absolutely incredible for making more gametypes.

Recycled cosmetics:
Not necessarily cut content, but content for Halo that can be taken from various elements; it'd be neat if more armor options were recycled from the various Halo campaigns. For example:
Halo 2 and Halo 2 Anniversary could feature ODST armor for the Spartan, Heretic, Arbiter, and Flight armor for the Elites,
Halo 3 could recycle shoulder and chest armor pieces from the ODST armor models, Arbiter armor for the Elites and a Shipmaster head for the Elites.
Halo Reach could recycle Kat's default chest-piece with the prosthetic arm, Jorge and Emile's visor colors,
I want to provide positive feedback: The UI design in the Master Chief collection is absolutely beautiful. There are very few games with both good functional controller AND mouse + keyboard control, typically it's one or the other, but rarely both. Additionally, 343 is doing an incredible job at preserving Halo's integrity while providing new content.
Photolysis wrote:
MCC HALO GAME: UI

FEEDBACK: Campaign missions should grant experience in line with the score. While it is good that players can earn XP via challenges, the fact remains that Campaign missions grant no XP by themselves. Using score as a basis for XP also means players can't gain easy XP with cheat skulls. Players should also be rewarded for custom firefight games providing they are using inbuilt gametype variants - this allows players to play games like Score Attack and gain XP, without allowing players to farm easy XP with invincibility and excess damage modifiers.
Yes PLEASE, though the score system might need to be looked at. Typically, I take my legendary campaign so slow that I usually end with my score being multiplied by 0 every time. I mentioned earlier that achievements would also serve as an XP opportunity. Even a small amount of XP would be better than nothing.
MCC HALO GAME: All

1. Co-op latency:It was removed from the top community reported issues in the June update, and I don't understand why considering nothing has been done to fix it. Please put it back on the list. The July update suggests that you fixed it for ODST firefight, so can we at least get an explanation as to why you’re not doing it for campaign?
  2. Playlist player counts:For matchmaking, allow us to see the player counts for each playlist. I don't want to waste my time sitting in the lobby for 20 minutes when there's no one playing. I realize that might be a bit complicated for social because the playlists are cross game, but it would be simple for ranked playlists.
  3. Party up post-game:Allow us to party up with teammates (or even opponents as well potentially) after matches like all of the old halo games did.
  4. Add a vote to forfeit option in matchmaking: There’s no point in making someone finish a game when all of their teammates have quit and it’s 4v1 or 8v2 or whatever because of quitters and AFK’ers. Sometimes in objective games the team with more players will purposely refuse to finish the objective so as to have the opportunity to rack up kills on the outnumbered and helpless opposing team. This is just a complete a waste of time for everybody, and a negative experience that could be easily avoided. Add a vote to forfeit option which would end the game if more than half of one team’s players vote in favor.
  5. Push to talk on controller: There’s currently no push to talk option for controller players, which is especially dumb considering many of the controller layout options don’t use all of the buttons. The obvious place for it is on the d-pad, but I guess this might vary depending on the controller layout.
  6. Expanded push to talk options: Ideally, I would like to see a more nuanced version of push to talk. There should be three player talk channels: party, team, and game. We should have the option to select what (if any) our default channel is (that is, the channel our voice goes to when we haven’t pressed push to talk); then, we should be able to choose options for push to talk. So for example, on universal recon, up on the d-pad is flashlight, and left and right on the d-pad cycle through grenades, but the left bumper also cycles through grenades, so this is an unnecessary duplicated function. I’d like to see down on the d-pad be push to talk for my party, left be push to talk for my team (which in matchmaking would also include my party of course), and right be push to talk for all players in the game (which direction is which doesn’t really matter, this is just an example). Personally, I would set my options so that my default channel would be my party so I don’t have to push to talk for my party to hear me, but push to talk would be enabled for team and game. Other players could set their options differently.

MCC HALO GAME: CE

1. Remove Hang ‘em High from 4v4 CTF: Way too often, when I play this it devolves into one team not even trying to score their final flag so they can spawn kill the other. I don’t know what the stats say but it seems like one team has a significant advantage on this asymmetric map.

MCC HALO GAME: 3

1. Less Sandbox maps on Big Team Battle: Not sure what the community at large feels about this one so I won’t pretend I speak for everyone, but personally I find the sandbox maps on 8v8 to be pretty poor in quality. I’d like to see the weighting lowered for them, and I wouldn’t complain if they were removed completely.
pls fix halo reach armor lighting

https://imgur.com/a/RHgROcn
Multiplayer Feeback

MCC HALO GAME: All - Matchmaking: teams are randomly balanced instead of using the rank number

The matchmaking system in competitive doesn't use the player's ranks to balance teams. Instead, teams are picked randomly. See following examples.

1. https://i.imgur.com/Cctb5KU.png
2. https://i.imgur.com/K5yJIdP.png
3. https://i.imgur.com/dzOt0sG.png
4. https://i.imgur.com/gPohZnH.png

As you can see, the ranks aren't used when balancing the teams. This is 3rd grade math at most, and the function is a google search away by pressing the first stackoverflow link. This is an issue that has existed since launch and has not been addressed. As you can see, all lower levels are stacked in one team versus the higher levels. This should not happen in competitive. It renders the whole point of ranking people useless if the ranks aren't gonna be used.

---

MCC HALO GAME: All - Matchmaking: games can start without all players

Games can still start with 7 players. When opening the scoreboard, there is no name shown for the person who quit, making it impossible to report them.

This is an issue that has existed since launch and has not been addressed. This sounds like a no brainer, but competitive games should not be able to start without 8 players.

---

MCC HALO GAME: H3 - Matchmaking: remove Heretic from 4v4 gametypes

Heretic is in competitive Team Slayer (4v4) this is a map that holds at most 4 players total, not 8. The amount of spawns is too low and doesn't bother checking if there's a plasma grenade on top of it. Or checking if there's a teammate getting shot on it. Or checking if the enemy is also spawning at the adjacent spawn. This map should be removed entirely from Team Slayer as it doesn't lend itself to competitive play. There is nothing competitive (or fun, for the matter) in spawning on a plasma grenade and instantly dying.

This issue was flagged in the H3 flights and has not been adressed.
Let me copy-paste my July 2020 feedback again here, with some modifications along the way, as Xbox now officially supports Gyro Aiming via xCloud.

Misc/Other Feedback:
MCC HALO GAME: ALL

The Short version:
  1. Simultaneous Controller+Keyboard/Mouse / Mixed Input support, as a Accessibility option. (If enabled, you will considered a Keyboard/Mouse player in Public PvP Multiplayer)
  2. Disabling Aim Assist
  3. Steam Input API Support + Controller Rebinding
  4. Dynamic Resolution
  5. FULL Subtitles (as in, Gameplay Dialogue subtitles)
  6. Locking Cutscenes at 30fps, In-Game.
The Long Version:

1. Simultaneous Controller+Keyboard/Mouse / Mixed Input support:

Ever since the launch of Halo 3 on PC, you can now switch between Controller to Keyboard+Mouse...but not both at the same time.

While a lot of games has Mixed Inputs, they don't always take account of how certain players want to use both inputs at the same time. otherwise, the Glyth/Button prompts will fight each other or conflict with Controller Input (such as Sunset Overdrive's Weapon Wheel/UI UI & Camera and Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor's Build-in Controller Aim Assist).

While a very small number of games offers a option to manually Lock Button Prompt (or/and Switch Button Prompts) and/or allow Mixed Inputs, such as Fortnite's "Lock Input Method as Mouse" or Death Stranding's "Button Icon Display/Change Button Icons" Options, Call of Duty: Modern Warfare (2019) and soon, Halo MCC, may (or will) force you to use either Controller or Keyboard/Mouse Input due to Input-based Matchmaking reasons.

Since Halo MCC plans to include Cross-Platform Play and Input-based Matchmaking, the best solution is to make "Mixed Input" as a Accessibility option, which will allow both Controller and Keyboard/Mouse Inputs to be used at the same time instead of conflicting with each other and the Game's UI.

But, as a major downisde; in Context of PvP Public Multiplayer (NOT to be confused with Co-op), turning that option on will make you a Keyboard/Mouse User (even Aim Assist will be turn off by force) and you will be put to Keyboard/Mouse Matchmaking Pool.

Despite that, this will allow Steam Controller, Gyro Aiming and Azeron Gaming Keypad players to use Controller Input and Mouse Input together (this is important for Steam Controller and Gyro Aiming players the most, especially when the interest of Gyro Aiming is increasing and more games on Nintendo Switch are starting to add it.) instead of having to choose between Controller or Keyboard/Mouse Inputs. (and it's not possible to replicate "Universal Default - Recon" control scheme if you're trying to translate "Keyboard/Mouse" Input to Controller.)

speaking of Aim Assist...

2. Disabling Aim Assist as a Option

Simple, right?

in context of Mixed Inputs, it should be a option across all Halo games instead of making it as a Skull, with a exception of Multiplayer IF Mixed Input is turned on.

3. Steam Input API support + Controller Rebinding

Valve has a Controller API that uses In-Game Actions and Action Sets (useful for Vehicles and Menu UI) instead of Controller/Keyboard Inputs.

There's a document/videos on how to implement Steam Input:

https://youtu.be/7I4SiAiKqqk
https://partner.steamgames.com/doc/features/steam_controller
https://partner.steamgames.com/doc/features/steam_controller/getting_started_for_devs

If implemented well, this will allow support for various controllers, including PlayStation Controllers, Nintendo Controllers, Steam Controller, Steam Link Touch Controls and even Future Controllers while allowing Rebindable Game Actions beyond Halo MCC's Controller Options (although, Controller Rebinding can added In-Game, if 343i and Co. wants to) without having to manually add support for a specific controller. (Even Xbox Controllers can have some benefit!)

No need for non-Xbox Controller players to rely on Input Mappers such DS4Windows, JoyShockMapper, reWASD and Steam Input Legacy Mode JUST to play a Halo game.

....just take account of Trackpad and Gyro/Motion Controlled function beforehand. Most games just make the Camera "In-Game Actions" as a "joystick_move" instead "absolute_mouse", as it doesn't work well for the Steam Controller's Trackpad and PlayStation/Nintendo Controller's Gyro Sensors.

I mean, xCloud Touch Controls supports Gyro Aiming now.

4. Dynamic Resolution

Halo 2 Anniversary on Xbox One already has it, it would be nice to have Dynamic Resolution across all Halo Games.

As Halo 4 will be the last game in the collection (and I believe it may or less demanding than Halo 2 Anniversary), this will benefit Low-Spec PC Users the most in the long-run.

5. FULL Subtitles

Instead of Cutscene only Subtitles, there should be one for Gameplay Subtitles. Halo CE Anniversary already has it build-in, so why not?

It's hard to hear Dialogues during Combat as it is.

6. Locking Cutscenes at 30fps In-Game.

Instead of dealing with 30fps animations while everything else at 60fps or higher, it's better if you just lock the in-game framerate for cutscenes only, similar to how Ryu Ga Gotoku / Yakuza games on PC handles it. /

This will save a lot of trouble with Cutscene Animations.
MCC Halo 3:
Feedback: Aficiando achievement not unlocking on Steam, says I’ve unlocked it in Career—> Achievements.
After matches I'd like to be able to stay in the same lobby. It counts down returning to matchmaking and forces you to find new lobbies every game. Takes a lot of fun out of it when you actually find a good group of people to play with. Would also love "rematch" vote to be added. Think this is done so people don't get to angry, toxic, or whatever while in the lobby? Anyone who played back in the OG days of Xbox Live knows that's where a lot of the character and memorable moments came from in the games. If that really is a problem- reporting people for their behavior should be possible right in the game.
Found that I couldn't use a gamepad and mouse at the same time. Maybe it is due to fears of mouse users taking advantage of gamepad aim assist? Maybe solution is to have to go into settings to enable gamepad+mouse, which proceeds to disable aim assist until gamepad+mouse is disabled again? Or at least just make it a possibility for campaign only?

Reason is because on the PC mouse based gyro has started becoming more popular with users using controllers like the DS4, Switch Pro, or Steam controller where they have the benefit of joystick move and xinput while mapping gyro to mouse input for precise aiming with aim assist disabled. Let's not forget about mouse and gamepad users too who like using a gamepad and a mouse. Yes, they exist. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7IW_LzYcCj0

Right now I run a full mouse and keyboard bindings set up through steam input, but would love the ability to have the benefit of analog movement and gyro aiming and run a xinput + mouse set up.
AL2009man wrote:
Let me copy-paste my July 2020 feedback again here, with some modifications along the way, as Xbox now officially supports Gyro Aiming via xCloud.

Misc/Other Feedback:MCC HALO GAME: ALLThe Short version:
  1. Simultaneous Controller+Keyboard/Mouse / Mixed Input support, as a Accessibility option. (If enabled, you will considered a Keyboard/Mouse player in Public PvP Multiplayer)
  2. Disabling Aim Assist
  3. Steam Input API Support + Controller Rebinding
  4. Dynamic Resolution
  5. FULL Subtitles (as in, Gameplay Dialogue subtitles)
  6. Locking Cutscenes at 30fps, In-Game.
The Long Version:

1. Simultaneous Controller+Keyboard/Mouse / Mixed Input support:

Ever since the launch of Halo 3 on PC, you can now switch between Controller to Keyboard+Mouse...but not both at the same time.

While a lot of games has Mixed Inputs, they don't always take account of how certain players want to use both inputs at the same time. otherwise, the Glyth/Button prompts will fight each other or conflict with Controller Input (such as Sunset Overdrive's Weapon Wheel/UI UI & Camera and Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor's Build-in Controller Aim Assist).

While a very small number of games offers a option to manually Lock Button Prompt (or/and Switch Button Prompts) and/or allow Mixed Inputs, such as Fortnite's "Lock Input Method as Mouse" or Death Stranding's "Button Icon Display/Change Button Icons" Options, Call of Duty: Modern Warfare (2019) and soon, Halo MCC, may (or will) force you to use either Controller or Keyboard/Mouse Input due to Input-based Matchmaking reasons.

Since Halo MCC plans to include Cross-Platform Play and Input-based Matchmaking, the best solution is to make "Mixed Input" as a Accessibility option, which will allow both Controller and Keyboard/Mouse Inputs to be used at the same time instead of conflicting with each other and the Game's UI.

But, as a major downisde; in Context of PvP Public Multiplayer (NOT to be confused with Co-op), turning that option on will make you a Keyboard/Mouse User (even Aim Assist will be turn off by force) and you will be put to Keyboard/Mouse Matchmaking Pool.Despite that, this will allow Steam Controller, Gyro Aiming and Azeron Gaming Keypad players to use Controller Input and Mouse Input together (this is important for Steam Controller and Gyro Aiming players the most, especially when the interest of Gyro Aiming is increasing and more games on Nintendo Switch are starting to add it.) instead of having to choose between Controller or Keyboard/Mouse Inputs. (and it's not possible to replicate "Universal Default - Recon" control scheme if you're trying to translate "Keyboard/Mouse" Input to Controller.)

speaking of Aim Assist...

2. Disabling Aim Assist as a Option

Simple, right?

in context of Mixed Inputs, it should be a option across all Halo games instead of making it as a Skull, with a exception of Multiplayer IF Mixed Input is turned on.

3. Steam Input API support + Controller Rebinding

Valve has a Controller API that uses In-Game Actions and Action Sets (useful for Vehicles and Menu UI) instead of Controller/Keyboard Inputs.

There's a document/videos on how to implement Steam Input:

https://youtu.be/7I4SiAiKqqk
https://partner.steamgames.com/doc/features/steam_controller
https://partner.steamgames.com/doc/features/steam_controller/getting_started_for_devs

If implemented well, this will allow support for various controllers, including PlayStation Controllers, Nintendo Controllers, Steam Controller, Steam Link Touch Controls and even Future Controllers while allowing Rebindable Game Actions beyond Halo MCC's Controller Options (although, Controller Rebinding can added In-Game, if 343i and Co. wants to) without having to manually add support for a specific controller. (Even Xbox Controllers can have some benefit!)

No need for non-Xbox Controller players to rely on Input Mappers such DS4Windows, JoyShockMapper, reWASD and Steam Input Legacy Mode JUST to play a Halo game.

....just take account of Trackpad and Gyro/Motion Controlled function beforehand. Most games just make the Camera "In-Game Actions" as a "joystick_move" instead "absolute_mouse", as it doesn't work well for the Steam Controller's Trackpad and PlayStation/Nintendo Controller's Gyro Sensors.

I mean, xCloud Touch Controls supports Gyro Aiming now.

4. Dynamic Resolution

Halo 2 Anniversary on Xbox One already has it, it would be nice to have Dynamic Resolution across all Halo Games.

As Halo 4 will be the last game in the collection (and I believe it may or less demanding than Halo 2 Anniversary), this will benefit Low-Spec PC Users the most in the long-run.

5. FULL Subtitles

Instead of Cutscene only Subtitles, there should be one for Gameplay Subtitles. Halo CE Anniversary already has it build-in, so why not?

It's hard to hear Dialogues during Combat as it is.

6. Locking Cutscenes at 30fps In-Game.Instead of dealing with 30fps animations while everything else at 60fps or higher, it's better if you just lock the in-game framerate for cutscenes only, similar to how Ryu Ga Gotoku / Yakuza games on PC handles it. /

This will save a lot of trouble with Cutscene Animations.
Strongly agree with the Simultaneous Controller+Keyboard/Mouse / Mixed Input support:
Please consider rewarding Season Points beyond level 100.
  1. Total Season unlocks now exceed 100 tiers
  2. XP needed to level up increases significantly after level 100
  3. Little incentive to complete Challenges that only reward XP
Hi Devs,

Before I get into the feedback, I would like to say thank you for the quality of the Halo 3 PC port. The game feels so smooth and immersive, the animation interpolation is on point with a few rough edges but the port is really good just like legacy Xbox 360 Game*
*The MP hit detection needs some work but I'm not complaining as I rarely play MP
Anyway, to the feedback!

Game: Halo CEA

Restore graphics so that on par with the original Xbox version
Fix the sound issues in the campaign eg: energy shield drained sound and music mixing issues.
Cut scenes and most in game animations are still locked at 30 fps. The most notable places to see the issues are the start of the Silent Cartographer where the Pelicans are flying in. Other places are Captain Keys on The Pillar of Autumn. Halo CEA has bad animation interpolation compared to Halo 3 PC where the animation interpolation is very good. There is a community mod for the original PC port which unlocks the frame rate and improves the flow of the game and addresses the cut scenes and in game animations. Before you ask, I did submit a ticket for the issue and they have asked me to post it on the forum.

I have found videos on YouTube (not mine) that explains the problems of the port: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PgW2xhlYFhs | https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jR4IVCjAnqM

Can you restore the classic HUD and positioning? Like with Halo 2A?

Checkpoints are inconstant

I would like to have Halo CEA as the Definitive version of CE on PC/XBOX, unfortunately there are so many issues with the game at the moment to make it the definitive version which is on par with the 2001 release. Due to the issues, the fanbase is split between the ports, and it would be nice if the community can be united under one port of the game.

Game: Halo 2
Thank you for starting to fix Halo 2 Anniversary it is starting to feel like the OG Xbox version a bit more thanks.
Fix the graphical issues with Halo 2 single player and multiplayer
Fix original music sound level
Can we have separate options for graphics and sound like with Halo CEA?

Multiplayer:
More auto start playlists across all halo games 1v1, 2v2, 4v4, 8v8, FFA etc.
Add Multi Team as a permanent playlist for Halo CE, 2, 3 and Reach.
Can we have a map/game mode veto system?

MCC Global:
Please add better graphics options
Fix Steam Achievements
Can you bring back the classic campaign loading screens? They are so cool then the standard MCC loading screens maybe as a toggle option?
MCC USER INTERFACE FEEDBACK: It would be cool to see a larger version of our progression level added to the "Player Details" page so we can get a better look at these awesome designs.
MCC Global
  • EasyAntiCheat causes BSOD sometimes, with the game listed as uninstalled after reboot
  • Coop campaign has intensive lag
  • Broken achievements need fixing
  • Option to disable ingame notifications of challenges
  • Challenge Hub in the ingame pause menu
  • Add 'Extras' section, similar to described here
  • Allow load-screen toggles; 'Modern' (current) or 'Legacy' (original load-screens).
  • Allow menu background toggles; e.g. 'Modern' (current), 'Classic' (launch MCC), 'Legacy' (original backgrounds).
  • Increase temporary File limit
  • Add/sync skulls to other titles where possible, Acrophobia to CE / H2, Bandanna to H3, etc
  • Theatre support for CE and H2
MCC Multiplayer
  • Rank-based matchmaking is needed. In one match the enemy team is absolutely overpowered and in the next i'm the overpowered player, its rarely balanced
  • Matchmaking on social games should allow single players to join active matches if theres a free slot
  • -Make it that teams match with each other more likely than with a bunch of single players
  • -Stop banning for leaving a social game
  • -Make real bans for leaving competitive games, not only a minute. And make server time count for this instead of local machine time, so it cant be bypassed by resetting the computers time
  • -Add short invincibility after respawn. in Every game you have ~3 seconds of invincibility after respawning, in MCC i spawn and get immediately headshot killed
  • -Add a menu to report players ingame for cheating and harassment through chat
  • Add Classic/remastered audio toggle for H2 MP
  • Voting/Veto system
  • Clan support
  • Party up feature
  • Team switching in custom games
  • Add ‚friendly fire‘ option
  • Search for any sized matches
  • Bots (custom games and MP if there arent enough player)
  • Post and pregame lobby
CEA
  • Graphics are way darker than on XBOX in both classic and anniversary mode
  • Cutscenes and ingame animations are locked at 30 fps
  • Audio is bugged
  • Classic Audio is quieter than anniversary
  • The plasma pistol doesnt lock on/home in on targets when overcharged
H2A
  • H2 missions have long loading times
  • H2 missions crash during cutscenes in Coop
  • Graphics are way darker than on XBOX in both classic and anniversary mode
  • Audio is bugged
  • Classic Audio is quieter than anniversary
H3
  • Random disconnects in Coop
  • Acrophobia skull should disable invisible walls/barriers/killzones
  • Make Flaire and Radar-jammer to not affect the user to make it viable
H3 ODST
  • Add Elites and the Flood as enemy types in Firefight
Reach
  • Add Drones to wave options for Firefight.
  • Fix inaccuracies with UE4 models: missing pouch from Assault Commando Chest, CNM attachment for Mk V (b), etc
  • Fix emblem not appearing correctly on armor
These suggestions are aimed at improving the overall product of MCC. Take into account most of the feedback in the list below would actually keep population consistent, specially the bug fixing, crossplay, server browser, ranked redesign and quality of match features / options.

Matchmaking improvements:
- Both, Social and Competitive matches, need to be more balanced in terms of overall skill and teams. The parameters that could be used are: rank tour, K/D rate, Win/Loss ratio, competitive rank (I'd suggest no more than 10 ranks below or above a player). Right now, Team Doubles creates complete blowouts and sometimes a CTF match in Social will have an enemy team who doesn't even know where the flag is.
- Revamp the Ranked section with a new Match Composer that includes 2v2, 4v4 and 6v6 (Invasion + Squad Battle) with selectable modes, just like the Social one. Right now, the amount of versatility and freedom Social offers makes Ranked obsolete and boring.
- There must be some kind of party restriction or system to prevent pre-made teams from matching random people on matchmaking, specially in 4v4 Objective or gametypes like Invasion. If not possible due to population, at least make them more likely to match other teams during the first 5 minutes of searching.
- The amount of benefits a backfill system would provide are countless. By letting players join social matches in progress optionally, you decrease the number of unbalanced matches due to excessive quitting or AFKing, create faster matches on demand, and include a factor that leads to interesting comebacks for the losing teams. On the other hand, this would be more functional by increasing ban times (to attack the root of the problem).
- Include skill matching/fast matching/good connection options.
- Give all maps in the whole game the same weighting, or add a Veto system to avoid the same maps over and over. Voting was a problem when there were crossgame playlists; as those are gone, there's no reason not to have some choice. If that's not possible, at least let players check the maps they want in each playlist. The current system is just kind of a fixed voting with unclear weighting, and some gametypes or combinations get entirely removed randomly (such as 4v4 BR Zanzibar CTF/Bomb...).
- When dealing with low population: allow 3v3 and 6v6/7v7 games in 4v4 and 8v8, respectively, if there aren't enough players to begin a match.
- For FFA, decrease the maximum player count to 6 and the minimum to 4, just like the original Lone Wolves playlist. This could help for those who don't choose crossplay if it's made optional.
- Add a single vanilla Reach playlist with all modes (Flag, Bomb, Slayer, Headhunter...), at least in 4v4 as in 8v8 may affect population too much. There's no reason an Xbox 360 10-year-old game should have more options than a newly released PC game. The only game that preserves Reach original gameplay is Invasion, which is in competitive and is a different concept.
- Team Duals has demonstrated that a playlist with similar settings can retain enough population in a rotation basis; given that it's not currently possible at all to play Objective with automatic starting weapons, and there are barely any options for BTB, other than Reach (which is also limited to Slayer), the same system for them would be better than nothing (for instance, the 2nd week of the month a playlist involving automatic starts is added, whether it's Duals/Objective/BTB). I can ensure this would please a lot of people, and could be used as a test for permanent hoppers in the Social Composer.
- Make CE Anniversary multiplayer more mainstream by expanding its functionality to at least 2v2, 4v4 and 8v8. The maps are already there.
- The Race gametype needs to get rid of gun damage and be weighted a bit more. In addition, mix Gungoose CTF (upcoming H2A) with the CTF/Bomb/Ricochet 8v8 category. Both should be more easily accesible. Dominion would be a cool addition for H2A, and could replace Territories or just be along them and KOTH in the Match Composer category.

Overall quality improvements:
- Melee detection needs to be fixed for Halo 2 (inconsistent sword lunging should be looked at as well). On the other hand, some Halo CE matches are barely playable as the Magnum is heavily untrustable from time to time, coming from a mouse and keyboard perspective (in case the bullet magnetism was tweaked depending on input device). To be honest, though, the recent fix to random spread is very much appreciated. I'm also glad H3 hit detection is being investigated in order to generate a valuable fix.
- Given that Crossplay (and optional input-based matchmaking to keep controller players and M&KB players separated on demand), a Customs Game Browser and a Server Selector are being currently developed, just take time to include all three at ODST/H4 launch, not after, if we want this to succeed. A manual way is already there to skip some servers, so the latter could be added later.
- Increase the ways to report players, aswell as inviting people to games (it could use a party-up feature in the original to keep a lobby).
- Increase the options the PC has right now: fine tuning mouse sensitivity (by adding more digits) and making it alike in all the different games is a good start. Then, a FPS limit (which starts from 30 FPS for low-end machines) could be implemented, in addition to a HUD rescale from H2C and gun visual adjustments. After that, things like mouse input support or a FOV bar could be added to the newer Xbox consoles for easier transitioning.
- Enhance the customization scheme for the aircrafts keybinds, and separate H2A from H2C as the Banshee is affected by the Hornet bindings. Make the Forge keybinds for switching objects menu customizable as well, as the current and default bindings are not too practical.
- An H2A multiplayer rebalance (finally the flag carrier indicator was removed, thank you) and a objectively better customization are necessary. It's the flagship of MCC. As a summary, dual-wielding needs certain adjustments, vehicle health is not acceptable at all, melee range isn't in parity with the original, and grenade/rocket hit markers serve no purpose other than to reveal the position of someone who's hiding.
- Fix Halo CE textures quality and classic audio (constantly overlaps and is extremely low-pitched). Additionally, H2C should be in parity with the original Xbox version (the recent fix to dual-wielding Elites is very much appreciated) in terms of spawning and bullet registration.

Bug fixing:
- Disconnections from both parts are frequent when inviting someone to join your party. The message shown is "connection interrupted".
- The most glaring issues of each game should be prioritized, before launching new ones. For instance, the Elite texture glitch (H2C), the H2A gamma settings and huge stuttering.
- The current ranking system is quite better, but the highest life time achieved rank sometimes shows the incorrect playlist.
- The triangles that point to the players name are too big in the Halo 2: Anniversary theater mode, and the same happens with death camera.
- Challenges are still bugged in some areas: CE doesn't count for most of them and non-sniper Jackals are valid for "Counter Sniper", not to mention Firefight is not too trustable for their completion and sometimes progress is not retained after a CO-OP campaign session.
  • MCC HALO GAME: Halo 4
  • FEEDBACK: Let players disable the intrusive Campaign Helmet HUD element
  • ADDITIONAL INFO: In Halo 4 343i introduced a form of a immersion where the helmet is drawn on the HUD, on a small monitor on PC that is going to be intrusive
Please add some new weekly challenges in. For the past few weeks since challenges have launched we've seen basically the exact same challenges each week. Either your progress just gets reset on Wednesday or the parameters of the challenge change slightly. I would like to see a broader rotation of challenges that have you doing different things each week.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 14