Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo: The Master Chief Collection (PC)

[Locked] MCC Feedback (PC) - February 2020

OP Postums

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 29
Welcome to the dedicated feedback thread for MCC on PC.
  • Campaign Feedback
  • Multiplayer Feedback
  • Firefight Feedback
  • Misc/Other Feedback
The purpose of this thread is to gather suggestions or general feedback related to MCC on PC. When posting, please include as much detail as possible to include:
  • MCC HALO GAME: please specify which game within MCC you're providing feedback for
  • ISSUE/FEEDBACK: please be as detailed as possible.
  • REPRO STEPS: If it's a bug/issue, please head on over to Halo Support site and find out if it is a known issue. If not, please submit a ticket.
  • ADDITIONAL INFO: If you have a screenshot, game clip, or other supporting material, please provide the link in your post.
GAME: HALO REACH
Regarding matchmaking playlists:
The introduction of ARs slayer and experimental ARs BTB is great. I'd like to also see:
- objective based ARs 4v4
- vanilla (non TU) gamemodes
- unlimited firefight, versus firefight matchmaking
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please refrain from making non-constructive posts.
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
Hey guys,

Here's some feed back. Perhaps read the largest thread on this board pertaining to the biggest issue with MCC on PC:

Link: https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/forums/f3681fbc78fa43878c4aec9a63a46224/topics/reduce-aim-assist-on-mcc-pc/67bb5e7b-0b01-4db6-bfb6-50c1c2b84d95/posts

TL;DR - Issue: REMOVE AIM ASSIST FROM COMPETITIVE MATCH MAKING ON PC
MCC HALO GAME: Halo Reach & HALO 3

MCC HALO GAME: Halo Reach & HALO 3
FEEDBACK: Allow us to use the Monitor beam in forge to attack eachother!

MCC HALO GAME: Halo Reach
FEEDBACK: The Gravity Hammer and Sword crosshairs are too big!

MCC HALO GAME: Halo ODST
FEEDBACK: Allow us to play as Master Chief and Arbiter in firefight!

FEEDBACK: Add Firefight versus, Spartans vs Covenants but where 4 other players play as the elites dropping in!

MCC HALO GAME: Halo 1, Halo 2

FEEDBACK: Allow us to lock controls so mouse and keyboard inputs can't override controller input
When moving the mouse or pressing anything on the keyboard it should not switch to those controls and instead just ignore it if they aren't binded to chat or other non-controller used functions

MCC HALO GAME: ALL

FEEDBACK: Allow us to play as non-spartans and non-elites in custom games, just disable the hud if you need to, i'd like to play custom games as a grunt or a marine.
SiNNa91 wrote:
I'm enjoying it... They're a small division of 343i working on the game one issue at a time. Don't be so pointlessly dramatic. Reach costs like 10 dollars.
Let halo reach grifball stay. Removing it won't help.
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not purposely bypass the word filter.
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
  • MCC HALO GAME: Reach, PC, Steam
  • ISSUE/FEEDBACK: I have zero audio in-game. None. No matter which device. Audio works in menus.
  • REPRO STEPS: Open up the Steam version with Easy Anti Cheat active. That's right, both steam-noEAC and the Windows store version work fine on my PC.
  • ADDITIONAL INFO:
    Me running the game normally, no sound in-game
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=td0gXVAeWDQ&t=33s
    As you can see there's no sound in game; music, cutscene, gunshot, voice. Nada. Menu's, loading screens, and even in-game menus still do.
    Here is the exact same machine, game, everything, done seconds later; just no anticheat
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xpq_yNiQbdM&t=30s
  • MCC HALO GAME: Reach, PC, Steam
  • ISSUE/FEEDBACK: Achievements already unlocked on XBONE prior to Reach's release dont carry across
  • REPRO STEPS: Be literally anyone in the world (id est, this is NOT an individual's issue, but MCC's syncing/informing of Valve's APIs) with any of the >300 achievements I can prove don't work (some do, but others dont 100% of the time)
  • ADDITIONAL INFO:
    I have over 400 chevvies, but only 100 on steam, here's around 10 I can definitively prove that is broken for literally everyone globally:
    Go to the steam global stats https://steamcommunity.com/stats/976730/achievements/
    % means number of players that have the achievement in the world [on steam]
    CTRL-F for "Like Peanut Butter and Chocolate", observe it has 1.5% completion within the playerbase
    See it's requirement reads "Halo 2: Complete a level in co-op on Heroic or Legendary with the Masterblaster Skull active"
    CTRL-F for "Halo 2: Complete", these are achievements for completing any level at all in that game.
    Note that NONE of these other ones are unlocked by ANYONE. This is impossible.
  • MCC HALO GAME: Reach, PC, support.halowaypoint,com staff
  • ISSUE/FEEDBACK: They dont read tickets and dont seem to take action on others. If not worked on a ticket should at least be looked at by a human, and added to the list of Known Issues if appropriate.
  • REPRO STEPS: Open up a ticket, respond to any messages within a day, do this for two months. Nothing.
  • ADDITIONAL INFO:
    The no-audio-at-all bug I have had an open ticket for almost two months.
    There are a number of other people with the same issue.
    https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/forums/85d779d52cfd46918b4f8b638f2e3c7b/topics/no-audio-in-most-game/b1d94387-2122-49ea-9b11-27a2efe6b9de/posts?page=1
    https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/forums/85d779d52cfd46918b4f8b638f2e3c7b/topics/no-audio-once-loaded-into-the-game-steam/585d4328-225a-44ce-a2f6-06595bce1c38/posts?page=1
    https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/forums/85d779d52cfd46918b4f8b638f2e3c7b/topics/no-audio-when-in-a-match-only/754a91dc-c2d9-4da3-918a-a4cdfd21cf71/posts?page=1#post2
    https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/forums/85d779d52cfd46918b4f8b638f2e3c7b/topics/no-sound/dafafe1f-834c-4906-8284-3616eabcd3ee/posts?page=1#post9
    It is still not even acknowledged as being an issue.
    https://support.halowaypoint.com/hc/en-us/articles/360037448411-Halo-Reach-PC-Known-Issues-12-3-19

The other, less severe, achievement issue got closed three times. By someone writing the exact same message. Not bothering to read any of my messages (I can add those if anybody wants to see if I was being friendly and helpful outside of these instances, but here I'll just post the screenshots of halowaypoints own spambots)https://i.imgur.com/2Wz5RiT.png
    https://i.imgur.com/IYSAZhe.png
    https://i.imgur.com/iTKaxbo.png
GAME: Halo Reach, CE, 2, 3, ODST, 4
FEEDBACK: Campaign and local/online multiplayer split screen play option available for each game on PC please.
ADDITIONAL INFO: My PC is linked to a 55” TV screen and I have multiple game pads connected too. I’d love to be able to play all the MCC in split screen like on console. Gears of War series has already shown split screen can work on PC and Halo is much more popular.
Game: Halo Reach

The addition of AR start playlists and temporary playlists are signs that 343 are finally starting the head in the right direction, so well done for that. But reading the development update and seeing that 343 can't/wont invest development time and resources into fixing certain issues (Co-op latency, to be specific) is disheartening to say the least and gives the impression that 343 are not interested in producing a fully functioning game. Just wanted to give my two cents about the development update before getting into some feedback since comments are disabled on those posts, although after reading that development update I doubt 343 are willing to/interested in making any significant meaningful changes to the game.

Again, the AR starts are a very positive change which will please much of the social community and will hopefully stop the game from hemorrhaging players from the social community. The hardcore/ranked slayer communities will continue to leave until the AA issue is fixed but I understand that is an entirely different issue and I dont care much for discussing it as there are existing threads which do so in detail.

Firstly, The next change which I think would be nice to try would be an experimental playlist where TU is enabled but Bleedthrough is off. The TU changed many things, but 2 of the most negative changes were DMR Starts (Fixed!) and Bleedthrough. Halo Reach being the only Halo without Bleedthrough made the gameplay unique and a nice change of pace, plus the game was not balanced around Bleedthrough. Halo Reach's system fixed the issue where 90% of AR gunfights ended in a simultaneous melee with both players dying. But then the TU came along and returned it to the old system which is not fun.

All you have to do is hop into a game of Invasion and try the vanilla melee system and you will see that the original system was a lot less repetitive and involved a little strategy (Dont melee while they have shields, keep shooting and get close to bait a melee from them which you will survive because you have shields, then melee them when their shields burst before they have a chance to recover and melee again - congrats, you outplayed them and killed them and YOU survived since you had greater strategy) and was a better system overall.

So please give us a chance to test this with a experimental playlist. Gather feedback from the community and if they enjoy the more complex and rewarding melee gameplay then perhaps you can disable bleedthrough entirely.

Secondly, there is still a call from many players to remove bloom from the game. Personally I don't mind bloom and have never complained about it. I am very much in the camp that believes that bloom was a method to balance weapons by placing a soft RoF limit on precision weapons to limit their effectiveness at range while still offering the option to spam shots quickly up close. I am aware that all you have to do is pace your shots with a tiny delay to circumvent bloom and use the gun to it's full potential at range. It's not hard, but hey, players seem to have difficulty grasping the concept and then complain about the RNG of bloom.

So another experimental playlist I would like to see would be one where the game is balanced around 0% bloom, not just turning it off and leaving the game as-is. We seen from the TU that even reducing bloom by a mere 15% was a huge buff to the DMR. It was so bad that players demanded that it be removed as a starter weapon. So clearly, reducing it by 100% would be even worse. Plus, imagine the pistol at 0% bloom, it would be a monster.

In this playlist I would like to see various balance updates to compensate for 0% bloom.
  1. The precision weapons need a RoF limit so that their effectiveness is kept closer to TU and Vanilla settings. Simply limit the DMR and pistol to fire as soon as the bloom resets in TU settings. Needle Rifle already has 0% bloom and is fine.
  2. Slightly reduce max bloom threshold on AR. The weapon is only useful at a range of like 10 feet. Buff it a little so that it can be used at close-medium range more effectively (<30 feet?)
  3. Buff the Plasma Repeater. Like the AR, it is pretty useless outside of close range, but it's even worse. It overheats too fast and the bloom gets out of hand really quickly. Would like to see if buffed to Halo CE Plasma rifle levels of accuracy and overheating. In its current state it is quite literally hot garbage.
  4. Anything else I may have overlooked.

I'm already enjoying AR starts in BTB a lot more. Wide open maps especially flow a lot better, theres movement around the map and people arent DMR'd into oblivion the moment they poke their head out. Matches are also going a lot quicker, be it CTF or Slayer, since less people are just hiding out in camping spots trying to avoid DMRs. DMR was extremely oppressive in BTB, and even after playing just a few matches with AR/Pistol starts, I'm noticing how much more open and big the maps feel without the DMR.
  • MCC HALO GAME: All
  • ISSUE/FEEDBACK: The most vocal bits of the community can be toxic af
  • REPRO STEPS: You're already on the forums, you see it lol
  • ADDITIONAL INFO: I think you're doing an awesome job, & reading through Postums' blog & news posts really leaves me with a lot of faith in the team. Even if I disagree with you guys on some issues, I totally respect what you're doing, how you're doing it, & I honestly kinda just trust the ethic I see. You don't run your team ragged, you care about them & us, you listen, you're realistic, and you do it all for a playerbase where so many of the few who don't just keep silent & play on seem to come here to vent their frustration at you in unhealthy ways.
You guys rock. Thanks for doing what you're doing how you're doing it, being so open about it, & being good to your people (both the ones you pay & the ones who play), despite the swarms of ungratefulness. 💚
good job on the new playlists, they make a lot of sense and satisfy both sides of the dmr starts debate, infact, you guys future proofed it by including smgs and batterifles, good move honestly
  • MCC HALO GAME: Halo Reach
  • ISSUE/FEEDBACK: Due to how difficult it has become to find players due to the low player count, some features that can assist people with finding games or getting the population back up would be welcome.
  • Something like a player counter, even a general one, would be useful to check what time is the best to try and find a game. Also since I live in SE asia/AUS region there should be an option to find games in other regions if no one's playing in my region.
  • Getting crossplay between XBONE and PC would help with the player population.
  • Raise the performance cap. The dropoff in players since the holiday period is significantly attributed to how low the cap is in general. As a side note, for Season 2 or whatever, the progression system needs work to give players more options for progression. The original credit system in Reach was great for this.
  • Introduce weekly events that used to be in Reach to keep people coming back.
  • I'm hoping the player base will increase to a stable amount once Halo 3 releases. So, if nothing else, make sure Halo 3's multiplayer is as close to the original release as possible, and make sure there's a way for players to search for games with Halo 3 games being the preferred option. Map voting or vetoing would help with this.
1 game. I played 1 game of BTB with AR starts and it was IMMEDIATELY better than the previous games I had played... there was actual vehicle play and people moved around the map... and actually tried to cap the flags without getting murdered by 8 DMRs from the enemy team. Keep it. Just keep it. This is how BTB should be.
Dandavuk wrote:
GAME: Halo Reach, CE, 2, 3, ODST, 4
FEEDBACK: Campaign and local/online multiplayer split screen play option available for each game on PC please.
ADDITIONAL INFO: My PC is linked to a 55” TV screen and I have multiple game pads connected too. I’d love to be able to play all the MCC in split screen like on console. Gears of War series has already shown split screen can work on PC and Halo is much more popular.
Hell yeah! Bring back online and local split-screen! Since having a Microsoft account is necessary, I don't see the trouble with making every additional player sign into their accounts. If playing local/private/offline multiplayer and the additional players don't want to go through the hassle of Microsoft accounts, having the additional players use temporary accounts would probably be a good option to add [Example, PlayerOneName(2) would mean a temporary 2nd player.]

After reading the dev update about matchmaking map selection, I would like to throw in my 2 cents.
While voting and vetoing can lead to players quitting, I would like to at least see map selection be more randomized. The fact that some maps are "weighted" more heavily than others leads to a lot of repetition. I'll open up the map selection for any given playlist and see 10+ maps, but in 95% of my games I get the same 3 maps over and over. A change I would like to see is this idea of "weighting" maps and game types be distributed more evenly. At the moment, regardless of playlist, map selection is extremely repetitive with it heavily favoring a few maps and mostly excluding a lot of others.

As an example, the overwhelming majority of my BTB matches are on Breakneck, Ridgeline, or Highlands, with other maps ranging from uncommon to rare.
I love the Assault rifle BTB option, I just wish you could just play regular BTB slayer on it. All I ever get is capture the flag over and over.
GAME: HALO REACH

Just wanted to pass on my thanks, the latest update was encouraging. VERY happy to hear about increased XP caps, alternate unlock paths, and especially Challenges. :)

Not everything is getting fixed at once, but my mind is more at ease that issues are being heard and the development logjam is moving along, even if slowly.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 29