Forums / Games / Halo: The Master Chief Collection (PC)

[Locked] MCC Feedback (PC) - February 2020

OP Postums

  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 20
  4. 21
  5. 22
  6. 23
  7. 24
  8. ...
  9. 29
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not repost content a moderator has removed, repost a topic that has been locked, or post about forum moderation decisions. If you have a question or concern about a forum moderation decision, please private message the applicable moderator.
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
Can we please be allowed to scroll up and down for weapon swapping? Please?
SiNNa91 wrote:
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please refrain from making non-constructive posts.*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
I think they're trying to get actual constructive ideas rather than that. I mean, really, why would you say that when this is here for the express purpose of getting ideas of what to fix or improvements. Just saying to refund everyone's money and that the game is a joke is not only rude, but this is the WRONG place for it. It's inappropriate for its location and message itself. Sure, you don't like the game, but there are plenty of people who DO like the game and to say you should just completely abandon it, going so far as to refund everyone's money is a slap in the face to both the company and the players that actually WANT to play.
JCDeusEX wrote:
Please let us level up and gain season points playing campaign, i dont play multiplayer or firefight
THIS
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please refrain from making posts that do not contribute to the topic at hand.
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
DvN KrizyK wrote:
I can't start a matchmaking game '' connection to the server please wait '' someone know something about an update, maintenance or something else?
Just a note, but please use the support forums for things like this in future. Thanks :)

Also TheJadedSilver, as a note for the future, please don't post multiple time in a row. If you need to add more information or quote other users, you can edit your last post. Thanks :)
  • GAME: Halo CE
  • ISSUE/FEEDBACK: No controller profiles and slight border around screen when ingame.
  • ADDITIONAL INFO: I noticed the controller mappings are all wrong. I picked the Halo Reach config. That config is supposed to have right bumper as melee, but right bumper was actually reload/pick up. It seems like all the controller configs are just that one layout.

    I also noticed a small blue border around the game when in full screen. It only shows when in game, not in the menus.
Thanks!
Another week, another disappointing playlist update. I‘m DYING to play non-TU Halo Reach here, can we PLEASE have a vanilla playlist?
Why would you want to ever play vanilla Reach outside of something like Infection?
  • GAME: Halo CE
  • ISSUE/FEEDBACK: Custom mouse / keybinding profiles to not detect the game that is being played and causes confusion when keybinds aren't working.
You know , if you don't enjoy the game doesn't mean that everyone don't like it too, cause if they did why would people stream? Why would people create loads of mods. The reason why the population dropped is because of nostalgia , When reach came out , the nostalgia was the only thing that carried it to the peak and when nostalgia was gone , people realized that there are other games to play as well and that's how the population dropped. You can't expect everyone to be playing halo everytime. And MCC costs pretty low, the whole package on pc (steam client, don't know what to say if you've bought it through MS Store cause it literally costs 5x times more there) so you getting 6 games-campaigns +multiplayers for the price of just 10$. And you don't even have to complain, 343 industries is working hard to release payches and hotfixes every month, they have their hands full as they are working on infinite, MCC xbox and PC, and porting a console game to PC without any mess-ups is hard af already as it is, and excluding the input delay (which is eventually being fixed) the game was perfect at launch on pc (although few problems were noted at launch on low end PC's like sound delay and black screens).
I just dont even know where to begin with this. Literally everything you said was wrong.
  • MCC is still fifty bucks on steam, MS was the cheaper one where it was free if you had live.
  • 343's patches have been nothing but low-hanging-fruit; either fixes for small issues or tweaks to things that already worked.
  • "the game was perfect at launch on pc", this is the most perplexing and outs you as the type of person who speaks for everyone else despite not knowing anything at all
Here's a list of things that were known to be broken BEFORE LAUNCH that flight participants discovered and still REMAIN BROKEN to this day.
https://support.halowaypoint.com/hc/en-us/articles/360037448411-Halo-Reach-PC-Known-Issues-12-3-19

Here's a list of posts by other people that report issues I've also had that popped up AT LAUNCH and have had NO SUPPORT to this day.
  • https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/forums/85d779d52cfd46918b4f8b638f2e3c7b/topics/no-audio-in-most-game/b1d94387-2122-49ea-9b11-27a2efe6b9de/posts?page=1
    https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/forums/85d779d52cfd46918b4f8b638f2e3c7b/topics/no-audio-once-loaded-into-the-game-steam/585d4328-225a-44ce-a2f6-06595bce1c38/posts?page=1
    https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/forums/85d779d52cfd46918b4f8b638f2e3c7b/topics/no-audio-when-in-a-match-only/754a91dc-c2d9-4da3-918a-a4cdfd21cf71/posts?page=1#post2
    https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/forums/85d779d52cfd46918b4f8b638f2e3c7b/topics/no-sound/dafafe1f-834c-4906-8284-3616eabcd3ee/posts?page=1#post9
  • https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/forums/85d779d52cfd46918b4f8b638f2e3c7b/topics/steam-achievements-not-unlocked/1972c7ac-9dc6-4010-b390-a4c2a0b0f127/posts
    https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/forums/85d779d52cfd46918b4f8b638f2e3c7b/topics/achievement-on-steam-doesn-t-unlock-343-pls-fix/0d71e414-88f1-445f-8d28-0a035fe90093/posts
So, yeah, uh, fact-check yourself maybe even a little?
Even just perusing some of the posts in this very thread.
Ey mate, i did my fact check my sentence "perfect at launch" was in comparision to previous halo game PC ports , of how buggy and how many things they've just removed from the game like textures and dynamic lighting , etc, and comparitively this port turned out to be better and 343 at least gave a focus towards what are the problems and how will they fix them overtime.
And also:
1. MCC is 50 bucks on steam for ya , but when my and my frineds from SEA bought it , it was 899rs (you can round it off to 1000rs) which is approx 15$ amd the MS store version was 2600rs and it's approx like 40$ , you can clearly see the price gap so i was content with that as we were getting 6 campaigns and multiplayers just for 15bucks whereas in theses days it's hard to get a decent campaign for 60$.
2. "343's patches have been nothing but low-hanging-fruit; either fixes for small issues or tweaks to things that already worked." Well those low-hanging-fruits ARE fixing the game aren't they? Try to look on the bright side, they have worked and made drastic improvements to prevent input delay, they've almost fixed audio issues except in low spec pc's where delay is caused due to lot of processes taking place in game all at once. They've successfully worked on bringing uncapped framerate and also worked on keybinds which weren't assignable before but are now and are constantly holding flights to improve the game overall and just imagine, you're getting all these updates in just a 20mb package per month (that's ridiculously low) but basing on their situation now (which I'll describe below) they're guvung their best shot- they're constantly listening to community , taking lots of feedback than ever before , implementing them ASAP [btw you can't really expect much from hotfixes and patches when they aren't really content updates]3. Im not the guy who doesn't know anything here , i do what i do because there's so much hate around. Reasoning turns out to be one of the best ways to put some sense. Im in no manner offending you or anyone who's currently angry, they got a reason to be angry, let them be but if you've seen the comment which I've replied to , he was just asking for a refund without knowing what's going behind the scenes. And tbh, if you're wondering why im thinking that 343 is doing a great job and the release is almost perfect is because, 343 currently has not so huge staff to work on MCC PC, the staff is low already as concentration is more towards Halo 6 Infinite and fixing up the Xbox version of MCC and they're still doing a pretty good job with such a small staff at hand (look at the bottom of every monthly update on MCC PC, they gave what they've done during the entire month in detail, they ain't just sitting there eating chips and watching the feedbacks just come in, they legit working . They don't have enough staff or time). And last but not the least point, do you know how hard porting is? Especially porting a console game to pc? If you did, you wouldn't be complaining. If you wanna know how many such porting have gone wrong, you can just take a look at Halo CE (orginally when it released for pc) and Halo 2 for Windows Vista , both of the ports have a lot of stuff just missed out and compare them . Here's a video which shows in detail of how wrong porting a console game to pc had gone: https://youtu.be/M6nZPrMSu0w . So once again, COMPARITIVELY, they are doing a very good job at fixing MCC issues on pc. Im just showing courtesy. So final point, you have all the rights to be angry or even complain assuming that you have a legible reason rather than being generic and ranting & rambling just for a refund but take heed that people are doing their best to fix stuff up.The only issue i had in game was Co-Latency....it was high af and i was angry and i did fair amount of research and got to know that Halo uses LAN netcode instead of ONLINE NETCODE (which why you see most of the players playing through splitscreen or Direct Xbox link/ LAN parties) and rewriting the whole NETCODE for each and everygame is VERY VERY TIME CONSUMING and that's why they've kept that issue aside until they finish fixing all the other minor issues.
<p></p> We have hit a point where the hardcore console fandom has died to all time low and population in some parts due to the animosity towards the 343 halo games, the fact that all games are played on MMC and all game modes separating players...and that the xbox did not do to well in this generation leading to a very separated player base. I think its time we see halo evolve into the "FAIR"/ "FUN" competitive game it was when H2/H3 were the biggest things in the world. Halo 3's root design is what made it so big...each map was hard designed around the scope in range of the Battle rifle... Your team has yet to fix the "Scope-in bug" a problem in H3 MCC that makes shots less accurate when you scope-in This in part ruins Halo 3 from its core...each map is tailored to fit the 25m hip-fire RRR "Red reticle range"...Being Knocked out of scope at these ranges would cause your spread to increase allowing players to move across BTB maps and lanes in safety if they knocked the attacker out of scope. This core of design is carried in every Halo 3 map...cover to cover all maps are designed with these ranges in mind. Having sprint, mantle and dashes not only heightens peekers advantage but makes map design more difficult and overly complicated for players and designers. Bullet magnetism is the BIGGEST problem for halos future...For halo to succeed it NEEDS to cater to the PC player base. PC is a much bigger platform than the Xbox now and this next generation is already predicted to not do to well because of the inflated console prices. If Bullet magnetism is not removed from Halos precision weapons PC players will not play the game. In Halo 3 in particular you can get head shots on the lower chest and hit shots when not aiming at the person with the Battle Rifle. This is unacceptable in a MODERN PC FPS. I understand that you do not wish to go against your already dedicated controller fan base..But understand that Halo is bigger than the numbers it has now. It transcends the Xbox one and all gamers know the name and will play the games. Catering to the controller users at this point is detrimental to the success of halo in general.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MemgDoZhKrg
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=THtf7b123BA Halo 3s core game design is more competitive and "FAIR" than every shooter on the market and it has the potential to be one of the biggest PC competitive games of all time...."IF" you fix these problems...*Bullet magnetism on precision weapons has to go. (Battle rifle, Pistol, H5 sniper, Carbine etc.) This causes registration around walls and lowers the skill cap of the game overall.
https://youtu.be/KoxcQ9-UNc8?t=227
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sQ1wgBovU4c&t=59s*Auto aim for controllers needs to be reduced. This doesn't need to be removed but we all know that it takes more effort and skill to play on a mouse. The "TRACKING" of the auto aim is too strong. It is "NECESSARY" for controller players to function but they do not "DESERVE" to be raised up the the highest tier against PC players who play 20 hours a day and use adderall like vitamins. They do not put the effort in so why should they be rewarded? The PC players DESERVE to do better because they are trying harder...end of story. Reduce the "Grabbing and holding" of the auto aim and make it softer of a lock so more input is required on the stick to stay on target.
https://clips.twitch.tv/ArborealDullDonkeyOMGScoots*FIX THE FRAME PACING AND UNLOCKED FPS The game still updates the environment and animations at 60 fps making the game unplayable on 240hrz monitors. Multiple "after images" are visible on players who are strafing making it hard to understand where to shoot when firing at range or in general. I understand that reach is one of the more difficult games because the the ram cashe and other problems with the 360 port. But Halo 3 will be just as difficult because of that games lighting engine its optimization will be difficult...but H3 is very important to the success of halo overall. If the Port for H3 is not "PERFECT" Halo Infinite's success will suffer.*MOUSE INPUT
Halo REACH's mouse input is still not up to par with other PC shooters. It is "glide y" and "slow" compared to games like CS:GO< Overwatch <Apex <Fortnite<Modern warfare. Play any of those games for 10 mins then swap to reach and the difference is immediately noticeable.My final thoughts on this are that we are ready for halo to become the big name it use to be...and the console fans who have stuck threw the bad are big "fans"...but they do not understand what is necessary for the game to succeed on PC or in general. The player base is small and does not need to be catered to anymore...Alienating those people might be hard...BUT it is what is necessary for the game to become bigger. I played halo on console for almost 20 years. But I also swapped to PC in 2011 and and only plugged in the box for halo after that. So I understand both sides...and PC is just a bigger market now...They are not feeling like the game is a true PC game and they feel like the game is catering towards controller users witch are not even competing in the sport of PC and mouse aiming. You are aliening the most important market and coming out and drawing a line in the sand and standing up for PC at this point is one of your best options from a marketing standpoint.*Also s1 to s2 in not possible on the keys...idk why maybe has something to do the way WASD moves your feet. It cant catch the tree the same way the axis can...idk you guys probably cant fix that but what ever its just a another free advantage the controller gets over the mouse for no reason.https://clips.twitch.tv/ArborealDullDonkeyOMGScoots

Reach still feels like 60 fps in the flight...HALO CE mouse input is still bad...The scope blur fixed with the "chimera" mod for CE is not here so scoping in looks ugly.
And cone around the head where you hit shots in CE is so large that you just end up having to spam and give up on aiming accurately with the mouse.

Nothing is fixed
In the flight version, my game goes nonresponsive and crashes whenever attempting to load into a multiplayer match or singleplayer level. Ambient menu noise keeps going, but it never goes anywhere. Already tried going through and updating drivers, no change. DXDIAG screenshots here: https://imgur.com/a/u00UYJo
I'm running two monitors. When the second isn't in use, I can try disabling the second monitor.
This post has been edited by a moderator. Because we are not currently equipped to provide moderation in other languages, we must ask that all messages be posted in English. Feel free to use an online language translation service, and then create a new thread with the translated text. Sorry for the inconvenience.
Quote:
确保你们都阅读了你们的电子邮件,通过内部支持页面提交门票!
问你是什么意思?为啥随机抽取给谁的 怎么不给我啊
Hey! I just got the email today while I was at work for the flight! So I just played a bit of Truth and Reconciliation, and a couple matches of Team Slayer! Overall, I think they felt pretty good, But I *did* notice a few things I feel should be mentioned:

Some of the Anniversary visuals do not line up with the Collision, due to them not lining up with the classic geometry. Notably, the Doors on the Covenant ship. I'm under the assumption this particular issue has existed since the Xbox 360 release of the game

Some sound effects are much quieter than they should be, or are outright silent -
- Shields Low/Depleted Alarms
- Plasma Rifle fire
- Shade Turret fire

Conversely, there was an issue where, when rapid-firing the Plasma pistol, the Charging sound would start playing, despite not being charged. This erroneous charging effect would also be louder than it should be. I found I could cancel the error by Purposely charging the pistol and firing it.

As far as multiplayer, It ran just as well as I remember Halo PC running, back when the Gamespy servers existed. I didn't have any noticable issues beyond my own lack of Skill :P
Death09 wrote:
  • GAME: Halo CE
DRKSlasher wrote:
  • GAME: Halo CE
In the flight version...
MadoRD2109 wrote:
Hey! I just got the email today while I was at work for the flight!...
Per your flighting email, please report any and all bugs to the Insider Support site. Please do not post bug reports here on the forums. Be sure to read over the known issues list first before filing any reports as some of these issue may already have been reported or fixed, thanks!
stckrboy wrote:
Death09 wrote:
  • GAME: Halo CE
DRKSlasher wrote:
  • GAME: Halo CE
In the flight version...
MadoRD2109 wrote:
Hey! I just got the email today while I was at work for the flight!...
Per your flighting email, please report any and all bugs to the Insider Support site. Please do not post bug reports here on the forums. Be sure to read over the known issues list first before filing any reports as some of these issue may already have been reported or fixed, thanks!
Whoops, my mistake! I'll be sure to share my experience there instead!
For the HCEA campaign flight:

Don't know if this has been discussed already, and this is undoubtedly an issue with HCEA on the xbox anyway, but I think the remastered graphics need a bit of another look in terms of player feedback, as I found with two or three things.

First, is the hunters. In the original graphics, when they charge up their beam, it's very clear when they do, there's a big yellow-green light, as well as a reflection on the ground no matter the surface, it's extremely clear and telegraphs that they're about to shoot. On the remastered graphics, you can barely or can't see any of this at all, so you can get blown up by a hunter without barely any prior warning.

Another thing that bugged me was elite shields. In the original, it is as clear as day that when you hit them, their shields flash in an obvious manner. In the remake graphics, You can bearly tell that you're shooting their shield, again, it's not as clear as day like the original (or, heck, every other Halo elite). Maybe it could be something on my end but it just bugged me a lot. It's very obvious when you *break* their shields, but feedback on hitting shields isn't up-to-par with the original graphics IMO.

The last thing is specific to the Truth and Reconciliation mission. Maybe my brightness might be too high (although I'm pretty sure it's at the default brightness that looks very normal to me), but the night-vision ability for the sniper is useless, as on the remastered graphics all it does is make everything way too bright... And this is - I suspect - because the remastered level itself is extremely bright. Switching to the original graphics confirms this, the level overall is much darker, and while night-vision is still next to useless (as it was originally anyway), it doesn't blind you when you turn it on, it brightens the scope appropriately.

And as a side note, it would be cooler in the 343 guilty spark level if the fog/visibility was lowered more to similar levels as the original, as well as the brightness. Because, as with Truth and Reconciliation, the levels at night look way too bright IMO, and on 343 guilty spark it robs a little from the atmosphere that you can see so far, to the point where you can see flood forms almost as clear as day.

But yeah that's my feedback on CEA. I heard they were looking into making the graphics more on parity with the original xbox version as well, so I hope they do another look-over with the remastered graphics again.
camycamera wrote:
For the HCEA campaign flight:

Don't know if this has been discussed already, and this is undoubtedly an issue with HCEA on the xbox anyway, but I think the remastered graphics need a bit of another look in terms of player feedback, as I found with two or three things.

First, is the hunters. In the original graphics, when they charge up their beam, it's very clear when they do, there's a big yellow-green light, as well as a reflection on the ground no matter the surface, it's extremely clear and telegraphs that they're about to shoot. On the remastered graphics, you can barely or can't see any of this at all, so you can get blown up by a hunter without barely any prior warning.

Another thing that bugged me was elite shields. In the original, it is as clear as day that when you hit them, their shields flash in an obvious manner. In the remake graphics, You can bearly tell that you're shooting their shield, again, it's not as clear as day like the original (or, heck, every other Halo elite). Maybe it could be something on my end but it just bugged me a lot. It's very obvious when you *break* their shields, but feedback on hitting shields isn't up-to-par with the original graphics IMO.

The last thing is specific to the Truth and Reconciliation mission. Maybe my brightness might be too high (although I'm pretty sure it's at the default brightness that looks very normal to me), but the night-vision ability for the sniper is useless, as on the remastered graphics all it does is make everything way too bright... And this is - I suspect - because the remastered level itself is extremely bright. Switching to the original graphics confirms this, the level overall is much darker, and while night-vision is still next to useless (as it was originally anyway), it doesn't blind you when you turn it on, it brightens the scope appropriately.

And as a side note, it would be cooler in the 343 guilty spark level if the fog/visibility was lowered more to similar levels as the original, as well as the brightness. Because, as with Truth and Reconciliation, the levels at night look way too bright IMO, and on 343 guilty spark it robs a little from the atmosphere that you can see so far, to the point where you can see flood forms almost as clear as day.

But yeah that's my feedback on CEA. I heard they were looking into making the graphics more on parity with the original xbox version as well, so I hope they do another look-over with the remastered graphics again.
might want to take that to the insider forum
might want to take that to the insider forum
General feedback for flighting is ok here, as long as it's not something that needs to be reported as a bug
stckrboy wrote:
General feedback for flighting is ok here, as long as it's not something that needs to be reported as a bug
i guess that makes sense
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 20
  4. 21
  5. 22
  6. 23
  7. 24
  8. ...
  9. 29