You know , if you don't enjoy the game doesn't mean that everyone don't like it too, cause if they did why would people stream? Why would people create loads of mods. The reason why the population dropped is because of nostalgia , When reach came out , the nostalgia was the only thing that carried it to the peak and when nostalgia was gone , people realized that there are other games to play as well and that's how the population dropped. You can't expect everyone to be playing halo everytime. And MCC costs pretty low, the whole package on pc (steam client, don't know what to say if you've bought it through MS Store cause it literally costs 5x times more there) so you getting 6 games-campaigns +multiplayers for the price of just 10$. And you don't even have to complain, 343 industries is working hard to release payches and hotfixes every month, they have their hands full as they are working on infinite, MCC xbox and PC, and porting a console game to PC without any mess-ups is hard af already as it is, and excluding the input delay (which is eventually being fixed) the game was perfect at launch on pc (although few problems were noted at launch on low end PC's like sound delay and black screens).I just dont even know where to begin with this. Literally everything you said was wrong.
Here's a list of things that were known to be broken BEFORE LAUNCH that flight participants discovered and still REMAIN BROKEN to this day.
- MCC is still fifty bucks on steam, MS was the cheaper one where it was free if you had live.
- 343's patches have been nothing but low-hanging-fruit; either fixes for small issues or tweaks to things that already worked.
- "the game was perfect at launch on pc", this is the most perplexing and outs you as the type of person who speaks for everyone else despite not knowing anything at all
Here's a list of posts by other people that report issues I've also had that popped up AT LAUNCH and have had NO SUPPORT to this day.
So, yeah, uh, fact-check yourself maybe even a little?
Even just perusing some of the posts in this very thread.
Ey mate, i did my fact check my sentence "perfect at launch" was in comparision to previous halo game PC ports , of how buggy and how many things they've just removed from the game like textures and dynamic lighting , etc, and comparitively this port turned out to be better and 343 at least gave a focus towards what are the problems and how will they fix them overtime.
1. MCC is 50 bucks on steam for ya , but when my and my frineds from SEA bought it , it was 899rs (you can round it off to 1000rs) which is approx 15$ amd the MS store version was 2600rs and it's approx like 40$ , you can clearly see the price gap so i was content with that as we were getting 6 campaigns and multiplayers just for 15bucks whereas in theses days it's hard to get a decent campaign for 60$.
2. "343's patches have been nothing but low-hanging-fruit; either fixes for small issues or tweaks to things that already worked." Well those low-hanging-fruits ARE fixing the game aren't they? Try to look on the bright side, they have worked and made drastic improvements to prevent input delay, they've almost fixed audio issues except in low spec pc's where delay is caused due to lot of processes taking place in game all at once. They've successfully worked on bringing uncapped framerate and also worked on keybinds which weren't assignable before but are now and are constantly holding flights to improve the game overall and just imagine, you're getting all these updates in just a 20mb package per month (that's ridiculously low) but basing on their situation now (which I'll describe below) they're guvung their best shot- they're constantly listening to community , taking lots of feedback than ever before , implementing them ASAP [btw you can't really expect much from hotfixes and patches when they aren't really content updates]3. Im not the guy who doesn't know anything here , i do what i do because there's so much hate around. Reasoning turns out to be one of the best ways to put some sense. Im in no manner offending you or anyone who's currently angry, they got a reason to be angry, let them be but if you've seen the comment which I've replied to , he was just asking for a refund without knowing what's going behind the scenes. And tbh, if you're wondering why im thinking that 343 is doing a great job and the release is almost perfect is because, 343 currently has not so huge staff to work on MCC PC, the staff is low already as concentration is more towards Halo 6 Infinite and fixing up the Xbox version of MCC and they're still doing a pretty good job with such a small staff at hand (look at the bottom of every monthly update on MCC PC, they gave what they've done during the entire month in detail, they ain't just sitting there eating chips and watching the feedbacks just come in, they legit working . They don't have enough staff or time). And last but not the least point, do you know how hard porting is? Especially porting a console game to pc? If you did, you wouldn't be complaining. If you wanna know how many such porting have gone wrong, you can just take a look at Halo CE (orginally when it released for pc) and Halo 2 for Windows Vista , both of the ports have a lot of stuff just missed out and compare them . Here's a video which shows in detail of how wrong porting a console game to pc had gone: https://youtu.be/M6nZPrMSu0w . So once again, COMPARITIVELY, they are doing a very good job at fixing MCC issues on pc. Im just showing courtesy. So final point, you have all the rights to be angry or even complain assuming that you have a legible reason rather than being generic and ranting & rambling just for a refund but take heed that people are doing their best to fix stuff up.The only issue i had in game was Co-Latency....it was high af and i was angry and i did fair amount of research and got to know that Halo uses LAN netcode instead of ONLINE NETCODE (which why you see most of the players playing through splitscreen or Direct Xbox link/ LAN parties) and rewriting the whole NETCODE for each and everygame is VERY VERY TIME CONSUMING and that's why they've kept that issue aside until they finish fixing all the other minor issues.