Forums / Games / Halo: The Master Chief Collection (PC)

[Locked] MCC Feedback (PC) - July 2020

OP Postums

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 25
Welcome to the dedicated feedback thread for MCC on PC.
  • Campaign Feedback
  • Multiplayer Feedback
  • Misc/Other Feedback
The purpose of this thread is to gather suggestions or general feedback related to MCC on PC. When posting, please include as much detail as possible to include:
  • MCC HALO GAME: please specify which game within MCC you're providing feedback for
  • ADDITIONAL INFO: If you have a screenshot, game clip, or other supporting material, please provide the link in your post.
For all technical issues, please make sure to head on over to Halo Support site and find out if it is a known issue. If not, please submit a ticket
  • MCC HALO GAME: MCC UE4 Customization Screen
  • FEEDBACK: Remove/fill the gap in between item selections to stop the flickering in between item switching
  • ADDITIONAL INFO: There is a small gap between every item where if your mouse is in that middle spot it technically isn't highlighting anything, so it flickers if you are scrolling down the list, this does not affect controller players using the menu, only mouse.
Example 1:https://gfycat.com/advancedyellowishilsamochadegu
Example 2:https://gfycat.com/determinedcalmcoqui
Hello, I have a question. And, it's about the View Model Adjustments for the Halo Master Chief Collection PC. Recently, I read the MCC Development Update. It says that the View Model Adjustments will be available for each games in the Halo Master Chief Collection in the coming months. Can we expect the View Model Adjustments to be available in the Halo Master Chief Collection PC very soon?
Hello, I have a question. And, it's about the View Model Adjustments for the Halo Master Chief Collection PC. Recently, I read the MCC Development Update. It says that the View Model Adjustments will be available for each games in the Halo Master Chief Collection in the coming months. Can we expect the View Model Adjustments to be available in the Halo Master Chief Collection PC very soon?
Would be really nice to have!
MCC Halo Game: Main Menu > Settings > Video
Additional Info:

- FPS Slider:
I feel like that instead of 60 FPS or Unlimited, you should either have a FPS slider or a selection of set frames that you can choose from. Like for example, with the FPS slider, you have a minimum of either 30 or 60 FPS, up to a max of 240 before making it unlimited. That, or give us more options with FPS instead of just 60 FPS, or Unlimited.
I have a pretty beefy setup (2060 Super with a 3800x processor), combined with a 165 hz monitor, and if I uncap it and play normally, it's fine. However, when I got to livestream the game, that's where the problem comes into play, because my GPU is trying a lot to pump out unlimited frames instead of what I want (at least 144 frames).
- Show FPS
On Steam, you can do a simple setting in the Steam settings to show FPS when playing games. However, on the Xbox (Beta) app, you cannot. Maybe have a setting underneath or next to the FRAMERATE LIMIT asking if FPS should be shown or not. I would like to know what FPS my GPU and CPU is able to pump out so I can cap it at that or below that.

The link I'm posting below hopefully leads to an image of the concept I have in mind. Hope there are no limitations to make this happen.
https://imgur.com/gallery/S2VUmkA
halo 2 anniversary

problems:
-the lighting/gamma looks bad. The darks are too dark, the lights are too bright, and everything in between looks washed out.
-when you check the scoreboard (press "tab") your character stops moving.
-death animations are too jarring. When you die you experience this jolting out of death experience and your camera flings the view around for no reason.
  • MCC HALO GAME: H:Reach, H:CEA, H:2/2A matchmaking
  • FEEDBACK: I'm not sure if it's my region (Australia) or the game client (Steam) but every time I search for a game, I cannot find a single one to join. Regardless of the gametype, player count etc. I can sit there for 30 minutes and not find a single game. Is there something in place that prevents players from joining games in progress? If so, I think, for social games at least, that needs to be removed.
Halo: Combat Evolved

-Any attempt to melee while standing over a weapon causes me to pick up the weapon I'm standing on mid-swing. Not sure if it matters, but my melee is bound to the C key and my interact is bound to E. I haven't tried out multiplayer yet, but this happens every time without fail in campaign.

Here's a quick clip:
https://youtu.be/ycfsVx8OOrQ
Ever since the June MCC Dev Update, a lot of people in the community have offered their own suggestions to fixing the hitscan issue (double the bullet velocity, make the Battle Rifle hitscan, etc.) and it's a reasonable assumption to assume the dev team has already considered these. During the next update, I think it might be worth it to list these community-suggested fixes and why they would or wouldn't be good solutions to the issue, just so people don't keep suggesting them and believe it's a simple fix.
This might not be the place to post this, but I think it would be a good suggestion to help make the community more aware of an issue that a lot of people are worried about.
Occasionally, while playing this flight it would cause my PC to shut down completely.

Also, changing from Windows Sonic to Dolby Atmos while tabbed out of the game caused the client to crash my PC.
Hi I am having some problems with halo: the master chief collection for pc I own the game on steam and I can play it does not register the progress that I made in the statictis and also I am unable to unlock any achivement. I does seems to record that I passed the levels. Can anyone help me with this problem?. Also Halo waypoint does not reconice that I own the game.
  • MCC HALO GAME: Halo 1 Anniversary and Original
Cutscene animations are stuck at 30fps meanwhile camera fps is 60+. It look so buggy and bad. Same thing happened with any beams and projectiles.
The audio is also still a downgrade from the 3D EAX audio of the Custom Edition.
343 Guilty Spark is still a huge downgrade visually compared to the original.
The new Ghost sound effect is pretty bad.
Reach
In big team battle I am constantly getting put in the same 3 maps tempest Ridgeline and HighRise. I would love to be able to play more of the non dlc and forge maps but they are far and few between.
Great game but you should fix the bug where it kicks you out saying connection interrupted when you try to play halo ce coop on pc
Llanezum wrote:
Hi I am having some problems with halo: the master chief collection for pc I own the game on steam and I can play it does not register the progress that I made in the statictis and also I am unable to unlock any achivement. I does seems to record that I passed the levels. Can anyone help me with this problem?. Also Halo waypoint does not reconice that I own the game.
Do you play on easy anti cheat enabled or disabled. The progress doesn’t register on EAC disabled. If the issue is on EAC enabled, you should redownload the game. This will fix the issue I hope
Llanezum wrote:
Do you play on easy anti cheat enabled or disabled. The progress doesn’t register on EAC disabled. If the issue is on EAC enabled, you should redownload the game. This will fix the issue I hope
Hi thanks for replying to the post. I tried bouth EAC enable and disable. And i alredy try to redownload the game, but the problem it´s still there. It´s the same profile that I used for the xbox-360.
My take on retail MCC and the upcoming games, this time with the feedback from the Halo 3 flight as well, with the intention of getting everything together.

Matchmaking improvements:
  1. Both, Social and Competitive matches, need to be more balanced in terms of overall skill and teams. The parameters that could be used are: rank tour, K/D rate, Win/Loss ratio, competitive rank (I'd suggest no more than 10 ranks below or above a player). Right now, Team Doubles creates complete blowouts and sometimes a CTF match in Social will have an enemy team who doesn't even know where the flag is.
  2. Revamp the Ranked section with a new Match Composer that includes 2v2, 4v4 and 6v6 (Invasion + Squad Battle) with selectable modes, just like the Social one. Right now, the amount of versatility and freedom Social offers makes Ranked obsolete and boring. By the way, I appreciate the work that's going to be done to fix the current ranking system, and how you could see the highest life time achieved rank in the Halo 3 flight.
  3. There must be some kind of party restriction or system to prevent pre-made teams from matching random people on matchmaking, specially in 4v4 Objective or gametypes like Invasion. If not possible due to population, at least make them more likely to match other teams during the first 5 minutes of searching.
  4. The amount of benefits a backfill system would provide are countless. By letting players join social matches in progress optionally, you decrease the number of unbalanced matches due to excessive quitting or AFKing, create faster matches on demand, and include a factor that leads to interesting comebacks for the losing teams. On the other hand, this would be more functional by increasing ban times (to attack the root of the problem).
  5. Include skill matching/fast matching/good connection options, just like the original Xbox 360 games.
  6. Give all maps in the whole game the same weighting, or add a Veto system to avoid the same maps over and over. Voting was a problem when there were crossgame playlists; as those are gone, there's no reason not to have some choice. If that's not possible, at least let players check the maps they want in each playlist. The current system is just kind of a fixed voting with unclear weighting, and some gametypes or combinations get entirely removed randomly (such as 4v4 BR Zanzibar CTF/Bomb...).
  7. When dealing with low population (this one should be included with the Halo 3 launch): allow 3v3 and 6v6/7v7 games in 4v4 and 8v8, respectively, if there aren't enough players to begin a match.
  8. For FFA, decrease the maximum player count to 6 and the minimum to 4, just like the original Lone Wolves playlist. This could help for those who don't choose crossplay if it's made optional.
  9. Add a single vanilla Reach playlist with all modes (Flag, Bomb, Slayer, Headhunter...), at least in 4v4 as in 8v8 may affect population too much. There's no reason an Xbox 360 10-year-old game should have more options than a newly released PC game. The only game that preserves Reach original gameplay is Invasion, which is in competitive and is a different concept.
  10. There have to be playlists for Objective with automatic starting weapons, and options for BTB, other than Reach (which is also limited to Slayer); althought not a fan of those, many players would surely enjoy them. Some people may want to play objective games in a more passive way and it's currently not possible.
  11. Make CE Anniversary a multiplayer permanent category and expand its functionality to at least 2v2, 4v4 and 8v8.
  12. Keep Race in the Social Match Composer as a permanent hopper, I and many others really had fun with that mode (although it would need certain improvements, like disabling gun damage). In addition, mix Gungoose CTF (upcoming H2A) with the CTF/Bomb/Ricochet 8v8 category. They should be more easily accesible. Dominion would be a cool addition for H2A, and could replace Territories or just be along them and KOTH in the Match Composer category.
Overall quality improvements:
  1. Melee detection needs to be fixed for Halo 2 (inconsistent sword lunging should be looked at as well). On the other hand, some Halo CE matches are barely playable as the Magnum is heavily untrustable from time to time, coming from a mouse and keyboard perspective (in case the bullet magnetism was tweaked depending on input device). To be honest, though, the recent fix to random spread is very much appreciated.
  2. It seems Crossplay (input-based matchmaking should be added at the same time to keep controller players and M&KB players separated on demand), a Customs Game Browser and a Server Selector are being currently designed. Those are perfect news, just take time to include all three at ODST launch, not after, if we want this to succeed. A manual way is already there to skip some servers, so the latter could be kept for Halo 4, but only works for PC.
  3. Increase the ways to report players, aswell as inviting people to games (it could use a party-up feature in the original to keep a lobby).
  4. Increase the options the PC has right now: fine tuning mouse sensitivity (by adding more digits) and making it alike in all the different games is a good start. Then, a FPS limit (which starts from 30 FPS for low-end machines) could be implemented, in addition to a HUD rescale from H2C and gun visual adjustments. After that, things like mouse input support or a FOV bar could be added to the newer Xbox consoles for easier transitioning.
  5. Enhance the customization scheme for the Hornet keybinds (furthermore, the descending one can't be changed) and the overall vehicles. Make the Forge keybinds for switching objects menu customizable as well, as the current and default bindings are not too practical.
  6. An H2A multiplayer rebalance (finally the flag carrier indicator was removed, thank you) and a objectively better customization are necessary. It's the flagship of MCC. As a summary, dual-wielding needs certain adjustments, and vehicle health is not acceptable at all.
  7. Fix Halo CE textures quality and classic audio. While it's cool to have the option to switch to classic audio effects, they constantly overlap and are extremely low-pitched. Additionally, H2C should be in parity with the original Xbox version.
Bug fixing:
  1. Disconnections from both parts are frequent when inviting someone to join your party. The message shown is "connection interrupted".
  2. The most glaring issues of each game should be prioritized, before launching new ones. For instance, the Elite texture glitch (H2C), the CE Plasma Pistol sound, the H2A gamma settings and huge stuttering (please, apply the same treatment the Halo 3 flight got). Glad Reach audio is finally being adressed with the H3 launch.
  3. Two specific issues with Forge (Halo 3): holding Forge objects with the mouse will sometimes start shaking the screen, not letting the player move the element and possibly resulting in death, until the piece is removed. In addition, vehicles are randomly placed the other way around.
  4. The triangles that point to the players name are too big in the Halo 2: Anniversary theater mode, and the same happens with death camera.
As a final note, for the first time, MCC is starting to look right with the last Halo 3 flight. Take into account most of the above suggestions would actually improve MCC and keep population consistent, specially the bug fixing, crossplay, server browser, ranked redesign and quality of match features / options.
MCC HALO GAME: Menu system

FEEDBACK: This is not a big deal but being able to see deaths in options & career>career>stats would be nice. I play a lot of slayer and the amount of deaths I have compared to my kills in slayer would be a nice stat to see. I know that you can see total kills and deaths for a player by clicking on their nameplate in the player roster>player details>career>multiplayer but it is not separated by gametype so I assume that it corresponds to their entire matchmaking career over all games. It almost seems like the page you see when you go to options & career>career>stats and the one you get from the roster>player details>career>multiplayer should be the same page. Note that the player would have to be able to switch games when looking at someone else's stats.

ADDITIONAL INFO: Here are some links to the stats pages I think should be the same:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1aTgPOvH-CdHdhWlh6lJMnuPwbbKJcrJO/view?usp=sharing
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1E5vNgcJ8iZImrufLxWxhNg8XYyjOy_uO/view?usp=sharing
Custom Server browser? Anyone else have hopes up for this?
MCC HALO GAME: All

1. Co-op latency: It was removed from the top community reported issues in the June update, and I don't understand why considering nothing has been done to fix it. Please put it back on the list.
2. Playlist player counts: For matchmaking, allow us to see the player counts for each playlist like all of the old halo games did. I don't want to waste my time sitting in the lobby for 20 minutes when there's no one playing. I realize that might be a bit complicated for social because the playlists are cross game, but it would be simple for ranked playlists.
2. Party up post-game: Allow us to party up with teammates (or even opponents as well) after matches like all of the old halo games did.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 25