Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo: The Master Chief Collection (PC)

[Locked] MCC Feedback (PC) - March 2020

OP Postums

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. ...
  8. 22
MCC HALO GAME: Halo CEA
ISSUE/FEEDBACK: I played a few multiplayer games. The feeling is very good, however I complain about the same lack of variance between maps and game modes (a problem already encountered in Reach and which has been partially solved). Take care, the zoom of the human pistol does not produce any sound when clicked. In addition, the "commentator" no longer speaks from some game in this part: only in the first, for example, did he say "double kill", now he is always silent, what happened? Ah, then I wanted to ask you if the Halo PC maps have been added (I suppose so), also in my opinion you should add the 2 weapons of Halo PC (fuel rod gun and flamethrower) in all the playlists. Keep up the good work guys!
So. At this point I'm not even angry about the BLATANT cheating we were just up against (like, hilariously so).

What I'm more pissed about is how there is LITERALLY no way to report anyone. You can't do it in game. You can't do it through Steam. You can't do it through Xbox (because we're not on a console...). You can't do it through the site.

Why? Because Xbox has decided to throw out some beta support site. So when you go through the 50 -Yoinking!- hoops of going OUT OF THE GAME, opening up a browser, signing into your microsoft account on Xbox, searching through your recent players and not seeing them because it apparently takes 2 days for recent players to propagate through their system (lol), and then trying to remember what their account names were and finally finding their profile, clicking the "Report" button (as per the OUTDATED INSTRUCTIONS), guess what?

lmao. Yup. You're lead to a -Yoinking!- beta support site. There is literally no way to report players in this game. What a joke. I mean its like 343i is encouraging people to cheat and abuse the system?
  • MCC HALO GAME: Halo: CE (PC)
  • ISSUE/FEEDBACK: Incorrect campaign achievements on Steam
  • REPRO STEPS: Completing the first two levels awards the completion achievements for levels 3 and 4 respectively on Steam. The achievements are correct on Xbox.
  • ADDITIONAL INFO: There may be more incorrectly awarded achievements but I haven't played any further yet.
Halo CE MCC (Steam)

"All According To Plan..." achievement seems to be impossible to unlock normally.
Halo: Combat Evolved

First feedback is community servers will become a must so it should be discussed with seriousness internally. A lot of the community wants this. We want to be able to have clan servers with our own custom playlists/gametypes instead of having to rely on devs to slowly roll out those things themselves. Also waiting in a queue for a game to start with a full 16 players is a huge time waster instead of having the ability to find a server that 14/16 players and join it myself or even save my favorite servers so i can quick join them. Of course what i experienced too was that it got to 14/16 and while searching for the other players it apparently booted me and started all over again, yay!

Second piece of feedback. I greatly enjoy and have a ton of fun in CTF Heavies. I see heavies as an option but it doesnt work. (Warning: The games included and game category combination is invalid. Please update the game included and try again. When will this be a thing? Or is it just bugged?

I appreciate the work that has been done on CE from what i flight tested but i honestly feel you guys were at least a month or two premature on release. I get it, its an old game and its being re-released on PC but CE in particular holds a special place in thousands of ex-Halo CE PC players hearts. We want it done right.
  • MCC HALO GAME:Reach/Combat Evolved
  • ISSUE/FEEDBACK: Achievements are still bugged
  • REPRO STEPS: Doing the 4th level of Reach doesn't unlock the level finish (whichever the "buttoned up mining company" achievement is in, doesn't unlock that one either). CE: Finished the Pillar of Autumn, get the third level's (Truth and Reconciliation) achievement unlock?
  • ADDITIONAL INFO: I'd like to complete Reach and have the Steam achievements lock-step with X-box Live sometime soon. Please fix?
Game: Halo CE
Feedback: Please allow us to watch unlocked terminals from the main menu. Most of the time when I find a terminal I don't feel like interrupting the game to watch it especially in co-op. Being able to watch it from the main menu when you're not doing anything would be really nice.
  • MCC HALO GAME: CE Anniversary
  • ISSUE: When trying to load any map, being multiplayer, single player or coop campaign. there's a big gap of time between the transition from lobby start to the loading screen. in this gap there's only music with a black screen and the golden cursor. after like 40 seconds loading screen shows up loading from 0%, then everything ok but on multiplayer or coop modes this causes timeout.
    - TL;DR ISSUE: the black gap on loading causes coop and multiplayer to timeout on both being a host or client of the party.
  • REPRO STEPS: Not a language issue ( tried on english and spanish ), seems not to be a network issue ( as it happens on singleplayer too ), doesn't matter if the level launches from resume nor new game
  • ADDITIONAL INFO: VIDEO: https://1drv.ms/v/s!AgvNV1keC7pDkwJ8Niy42_ieijAm
  • EDIT: Found out the error gets solved when disconnecting my keyboard. I have a Corsair Strafe RGB and I realized it causes some troubles with Directinput when trying to load. also confirmed this by procmon when registers of directinput begin checking.
    The moment I loaded the level without keyboard it loaded instantly.
    Even if I loaded the level with the keyboard connected(causing black screen) the moment I disconnected the keyboard the loading screen faded in immediately.
  • MCC HALO GAME: HALO CE
  • ISSUE/FEEDBACK: Feels amazing:good -Yoinking!- work Halo CE is on really good FPS for me and the mouse/gameplay feels great. I still need to get used to the 3 shotting as I'm not getting all 3 shots 100% right now but I think it's due to my aim and not the hit reg, If I slow my shots it's always 3 shotting but anything slightly faster and it's 4 or 5 shots as it's not hitting properly I might just be rusty though
  • ISSUE/FEEDBACK: Please 4v4 CE competitive modes: Enough said I've been playing a few hours and I'm tired of wrecking these kids in the social playlists and there's no way I'm playing 2v2 halo 1 sounds booring for me
  • ISSUE/FEEDBACK: Shields popping - I'm not sure if it's just me but it's a lot harder to see when a players on no shields, it might just be how halo 1 was back in the days but I remember it being more obvious when I played it on PC aages ago, have the visuals changed or something both when you pop them or when players are running around with 0 shields?
  • ISSUE/FEEDBACK: Pistol scope: It's not making a noise anymore when I scope in, might just be a bug I don't know
  • ISSUE/FEEDBACK: Keybindings: I respect that there's different bindings for each game but changing halo 1 bindings was a ball ache, can we at least have the option to flick between each game be outside of the page up/down section so when I scroll down on the keybindings page I can keep flicking between the games to compare the bindings? Not that bad of an issue though good work in general
  • ISSUE/FEEDBACK: Blood Gulch: in 2 hours specifically on the team slayer social playlist I've yet to play this map, like is it even in the playlist? Or is it in the CTF playlist? If it's only in the CTF playlist then that's fine but dam when I think of Halo 1 I think of this map for sure even for team slayer
  • MCC HALO GAME: HALO CE
  • ISSUE/FEEDBACK: What the -Yoink- guys: played a few hours of Halo CE, decided to check if the fps and mouse feel was any better on reach and -Yoink- me it's so bad, like the ghosting affect that all over the screen each time I walk/look around the map, holy -Yoink- guys I'm even getting 200+ FPS apparently. I've not played since reach came out but it was probably the same during release, basically there's no way I'm booting up reach now that we've got a decent halo game on PC (but to be honest the grenades and 3 shotting is a bit too OP even for me so please get reach fixed!!! the ghosting and general constant stuttering!)
  • ISSUE/FEEDBACK: Crouch whilst moving! Thanks for adding this I don;'t know if you guys had to add it to halo 1 also but it feels great
  • ADDITIONAL INFO: Good job on Halo 1 it's really fun I'm really hope halo 2 and 3 have the same good fps and mouse feel unlike halo reach!
  • MCC HALO GAME: Halo CEA on PC
  • ISSUE/FEEDBACK: In both Campaign and Multiplayer, whenever I get shot at, there is no sound for me getting hit. There are also no sounds for enemy grenades that are thrown right next to me.
  • MCC HALO GAME: Halo: CE (PC)
  • ISSUE/FEEDBACK: Classic/Remastered Plasma Pistol sound is buggy in Campaign
  • REPRO STEPS: Rapidly fire plasma pistol
  • ADDITIONAL INFO: Plasma pistol always sounds like it is charging up.
MCC HALO GAME: Halo: Combat Evolved Anniversary (Multiplayer)
FEEDBACK: The respawning algorithm for Halo CE feels like something went wrong. You can easily camp enemy spawns, and you are able to spawn incredibly close to enemies. There should be new spawns setup if it's a limitation in the amount of respawn points, or the system needs to be tweaked. On maps like Blood Gulch, spawning behind the enemy base with all of them there isn't really fun for either team.

Edit: I should note, this was for Big Team Battle. Not sure how smaller player sizes are affected, but multiple times I spawn on grenades, or alongside an enemy.
MCC HALO GAME: Halo: Combat Evolved Anniversary (Multiplayer)

• Can you guys please make it so that Social utilizes the radar. Competitive can have it off, but I think Social should have it on.
  • Can we also please get some kind of updated HUD. You can't see the name of the player(s) that is talking in game chat. And team scores really should be front and center.
  • Bullet spread is also still tied to 60 FPS. Having more than 60 makes the spread even wider. Please look into this.
S1imothyJ wrote:
So is this game seriously going to launch on PC with the Dropship turret bug? It's not listed in known / resolved issues, and it's frankly below the standard of Halo.
Dropship turret bug?
probably the transparency issues it has
No, it's that dropship turret will fire it's projectiles from a very disjointed position.
I had to hop on halo waypoint after years of neglect to request that we get split screen for MCC on PC soon. Halo CE anniversary just dropped and I'm pretty sad I can't play local multiplayer with my friends and family when they do come over. With halo reach, I didn't care too much since I rarely did play split screen but halo ce is just an entirely different beast. Split screen couch multiplayer created so many good and fun memories that I hope to continue to make in the future. I hope others in the community feel the same way and I urge you all to upvote or make simmilar comments so this feature can be added. Thank you to those who took the time to read this :)
Yea can you change the way, when you get close to vehicles you just instant death players have been purposely going into them and it gave me a banned because of it. I don't know why you kept this feature in here when these players complained about it when halo CE first came out.
MCC HALO GAME: Halo CEA
ISSUE/FEEDBACK: I wanted to ask if it was possible to change view and / or player when you die in multiplayer (just like we can do in Reach). Maybe it's complicated because the engine is what it is, but I think many people would like not to stay with the camera fixed on their butt when they die without knowing what happens in the meantime (lol). Please change and adjust the spawn points, please, I have happened many times to spawn (and die therefore) directly in front of an enemy or several enemies. Have you ever thought of introducing additional maps from Halo 1.5? Or more generally, will there be a halo custom edition support?
I had to hop on halo waypoint after years of neglect to request that we get split screen for MCC on PC soon. Halo CE anniversary just dropped and I'm pretty sad I can't play local multiplayer with my friends and family when they do come over. With halo reach, I didn't care too much since I rarely did play split screen but halo ce is just an entirely different beast. Split screen couch multiplayer created so many good and fun memories that I hope to continue to make in the future. I hope others in the community feel the same way and I urge you all to upvote or make simmilar comments so this feature can be added. Thank you to those who took the time to read this :)
it is absurd how effectively this feature is absent. I hope for a local co-op at 4 in the distant future, but for the moment I would also like the classic 2-co-op.
  • MCC HALO GAME: CE pc multiplayer
  • ISSUE/FEEDBACK: game crash fatal error
  • REPRO STEPS: When I have twitch stream open in the background the game will crash randomly at the beginning of the game or when the game ends
  • I am not streaming it, i am just watching someone else while playing the game, listening to it. It crashes the stream as well but the browser will stay open.
AtrujnoX wrote:
  • MCC HALO GAME: CE Anniversary
  • ISSUE: When trying to load any map, being multiplayer, single player or coop campaign. there's a big gap of time between the transition from lobby start to the loading screen. in this gap there's only music with a black screen and the golden cursor. after like 40 seconds loading screen shows up loading from 0%, then everything ok but on multiplayer or coop modes this causes timeout.
    - TL;DR ISSUE: the black gap on loading causes coop and multiplayer to timeout on both being a host or client of the party.
  • REPRO STEPS: Not a language issue ( tried on english and spanish ), seems not to be a network issue ( as it happens on singleplayer too ), doesn't matter if the level launches from resume nor new game
  • ADDITIONAL INFO: VIDEO: https://1drv.ms/v/s!AgvNV1keC7pDkwJ8Niy42_ieijAm
  • EDIT: Found out the error gets solved when disconnecting my keyboard. I have a Corsair Strafe RGB and I realized it causes some troubles with Directinput when trying to load. also confirmed this by procmon when registers of directinput begin checking.
    The moment I loaded the level without keyboard it loaded instantly.
    Even if I loaded the level with the keyboard connected(causing black screen) the moment I disconnected the keyboard the loading screen faded in immediately.
I'm having the exact same issue, and I also have a Corsair Keyboard. Disconnecting the keyboard fixes the loading but it still winds up crashing in Co op for me, but only if I'm hosting. How the hell does having a keyboard plugged into my computer stop levels loading correctly?
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. ...
  8. 22