Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo: The Master Chief Collection (PC)

[Locked] MCC Feedback (PC) - May 2020

OP Postums

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 28
Every day without custom games, forge, theater, and interesting playlists is another day we stray further from what made halo actually fun.
Fix living dead. Living dead suck big log. More of the og maps, not these -Yoink- DLC maps. Take out rig, take out infection,
My only complaint about the MCC is that the player-count is pathetically low.
For being one of the greatest fps franchises of all time it baffles me that only about 5,000 active players are online. I can't even find a ffa match.
You guys need to get this into the hands of more players. Run some specials, enable cross-play, and whatever else you can do. Feels kinda like a waste of money. I know you guys can do better.
Also, joining friends for some reason is a hastle. Since the original launch of the MCC the multiplayer has been riddled with issues and it's irritating that after YEARS it still is so bad. 343 you guys gotta step it up, bungie would have done way better. You have a long way to go if you wanna fill their shoes. Too little too late for the story though unfortunately
FallenVFX wrote:
Game: Entire MCC PC
Feedback is as follows, with the topics in bold and the content underneath.
Please work with community modders to add content to the game.Reach is littered with content and untapped potential that never got expanded on. I don't know what you have in store with the upcoming Forge update, but I have seen a lot of ideas, proofs on concept if you would, that would really add to the fun of the game. Other than some unused vehicles and environment pieces, modders have added in the ability to drive Sabres, Seraphs, Space Banshees, Space Phantoms, Dropships and even UNSC Frigates. Know what that means? Space battles, just like Star Wars Battlefront II. How about re-purposing the space outside Anchor 9 from Long Night of Solace, with the ship debris and Anchor 9 itself being Forge Pieces, into a space Forge map? How about having the ability to add Covenant and UNSC troops onto Forge maps? Or, have multiplayer maps made out of Firefight maps? Imagine a fully realized Warzone gametype in Reach, or Invasion with a hordes of NPC Covenant and UNSC troops going at it while the Spartan and Elite players duke it out? All of this stuff is possible. The tools are there, but the community can't do it alone. All this great content shouldn't be locked for just modded custom games.
Please incorporate more community content.It's become rather evident that despite the fact that the community has created all these fantastic Forged maps, they rarely if ever make it into matchmaking. That should change. There are so many game-modes that could be introduced into Action Sack, like "Speed" or "Jump Rope" or "Indiana Jones". There are so many creative Infection and Invasion maps that could replace the boring stock maps and, sorry, horrendous Forge maps in each mode, respectively. How about Races? There are so many types, each offering a unique experience to the last. The possibilities are nearly limitless. I think it'd be nice to give Halo back to the community.
Please allow players to vote and share their experience with maps (via Waypoint).To be blunt, some maps are awful. They’re either way too large, have horrible spawns, don’t make sense or are just plain unfun to play on. But don’t take my word for it. I think players should vote on what maps should stay in map rotation and what maps should be removed and why. Players shouldn’t have to gut out rounds on maps nobody wants to play.
If at all possible, fix the physics glitch in Reach that sends vehicles flying off in a random direction while playing on a Forge World Map.This is an especially big pain when playing maps like Asphalt in Heavies and you hop in the Wraith. Out of nowhere, you'll fly at incredible speed towards the wall, "committing suicide" and possibly "betraying" teammates. It's not fun.
Please add important PC features, such as a server browser, ping monitor and in game voting features for booting players or choosing the next map (in custom servers).Whether it's just for custom games or official servers as a matchmaking supplement, a server browser would be instrumental in improving the PC experience. Voting would make players feel more involved and empowered. Ping monitoring, well, that goes without saying on PC.
Please be more transparent with your customers and user base.I realize that there are many projects on the docket and not a lot of time to complete them all. Instead of leaving the rest of us guessing as to what comes next and how soon, please be upfront, open and honest about what is completed, what will be completed soon, what needs to be completed down the line. Giving us ETA’s that come to pass with nothing to show for it is like making a girl a promise that you can’t keep. I am not angry or upset, but just disappointed to be left hanging. I think it’s in the best interest of community relations to just let us know what is going on and be realistic and truthful about it rather than set lofty, unattainable goals.
Please fix the reporting system.Users should not have to go through the Xbox app and type in the offending user's name to report them. Much like how it was on the 360, users should be able to just click on offending user's name on the scoreboard and select the "Report" option, much in the same way you can currently only mute them.
Please add some more cosmetics.This is by far the least of all concerns, but it would be nice to have the GRD helmet, or a red visor, or some extra armor effects to change things up a little.
Bring back Multi-team!Two words: rocket race. Enough said.
Add minor aim assist for Mouse and Keyboard players.
If the controller is at 100% aim assist, I'm thinking Mouse and Keyboard should be around 50%. No reason to make the controller experience worse to compensate for the M+K experience, so instead improve the M+K experience. After all, Halo isn't a twitch shooter. Besides, I think aim assist would greatly benefit the M+K experience since a lot of weapons are projectile based rather than hit-scan.
Give me aim assist on KBM and I will never play Halo ever again. I love Halo, please no.
Halo bullets are projectile based instead of hitscan. I can see how to most PC players, this is a little jarring since many PC shooters employ hitscan for guns. Even in a match without any controller players, PC players tend to miss because they're not accustomed to leading their shots, and since Halo is almost alone in this aspect, players may never properly adjust. A very minor aim correction, less perceptible than the controller's, could help combat this. I highly doubt it will ruin your experience.
A lot of games use projectile based weapons. If you cant get better at using them thats your problem. KBM does not need aim assist. in fact, I think the bullet magnetism already in game is too strong. I want my cursor to be where I move it to be. Aim assist moves your mouse not your projectiles. Bullet magnetism moves your projectiles. Aim assist ruins kbm games.
In Reach, Big team battle almost has become unplayable (heavies). Seems like every game there is someone on the team destroying the vehicles you are in. Played a game where someone kept lasering the tank when someone got into it, among the warthogs and etc. They can get away with it. Yet if I leave because the game isn't fun, I am the one that gets a penalty.
There needs to be harsher punishments and some easier way to report a person acting such a way in a game.

Speaking of leaving games, that issue seems to have grown ten fold lately. I saw someone on the other team end up fighting us alone cause the other three left them right at the start.

That sad thing is that people have to ruin things for everybody else in the first place. It sucks.
For Halo CE AR starts add some Magnums to the map, only having automatics and Shotgun/Flamethrower as map pickups is really boring and will allow for players to scout them out as power weapons. In Reach Multi-Team should be brought back, add neutral flag, in Elite Slayer change weapons/vehicle spawns, Fuel Rod should be brought into some maps and Revenants should be used as Warthog replacements, Plasma Turret should eeplace regular Turret. PUT THE PLASMA RIFLE AND SPIKER ON THE MAPS TOO!
Update says it available but nothing appearing on my end anyone else having this issue?
Update says it available but nothing appearing on my end anyone else having this issue?
I am having this issue. I own the MCC on steam. I can't access the Halo 2: anniversary.
I am having this issue. I own the MCC on steam. I can't access the Halo 2: anniversary.
Try restarting Steam - that seems to be the fix that prompts it to start the download.
Found a fix go to properties for the game, then DLC, then click the check marks under install for Halo 2 aniv and Halo 2 multiplayer
Try restarting Steam - that seems to be the fix that prompts it to start the download.
Thanks. It's working now.
how come halo2 isnt on my playlist, when i go into options it wont let me select halo2 so it can download , any idea?
I tried to add the DLC through properties and it says that it's installed and I've restarted Steam and even my computer and it still won't show that I have it in-game. :(
1) This is really ticking me off as it worked perfectly before the update that brought Halo 2 today, but I can no longer bind the same keybind to things in different categories. For example I used to have one of my vehicle controls as left click, just as I have shoot as left click. The game previously allowed both to have the same binding, because you can't fire a vehicle while on foot and vice-versa--neither binding collides.

Now it's forcing me to bind the, say, tank cannon to something entirely different to left-click.

Why? This is incredibly dumb.

2) Why is there still such a lack of basic audio options?
i. Let us select an output device
ii. Let us disable SOUND IN BACKGROUND. If I alt-tab out of the game, I DO NOT want my game audio playing in the background.
I tried to add the DLC through properties and it says that it's installed and I've restarted Steam and even my computer and it still won't show that I have it in-game. :(
Halo MCC
HDR10!!!! This has been an issue for quite some time now.
Halo Reach
Take the smiley face off of Noble Six. The game gives us the ability to use thier own armor make it for the emblem as well.
Halo 2
Installation problems.
MCC Game: All
Add split screen please, it is very necessary for full halo experience. I dont care if the fps has to be capped or graphics downgraded for this to work, I just want it to work.
  • MCC HALO GAME: Halo 2 Anniversary
  • FEEDBACK: So, there's only a few things I can comment on after playing for about an hour, but here's what I have.
First, there's dual wielding, which works mostly as intended, although there are two things that could use some work. First of all, I can't drop the second weapon by using my switch weapon function, and there does not appear to be a keybinding specifically dedicated to dropping the second weapon. My only ways of dropping a weapon are through melee, or entering a vehicle/mounted weapon. Second, there should be a setting like in Halo 2 vista to enable or disable the inversion of weapon fire during dual wielding. Personally, I'd rather keep my right weapon set to my default firing key, but when dual wielding, the game sets my right weapon to the secondary key binding.

Next, while the frame rate is usually fantastic, and at a steady 144fps for me, there are times, when entering a new loading zone, that I get TERRIBLE stuttering. It's not something small, rather it goes on for a few seconds, rather than a single stutter, like the older games used to get in between loading zones.

That is all I have for now! Thanks for working so hard on this port, I'll be looking forward to more improvement later!
MCC HALO GAME: Halo 2 Anniversary

• Unlimited FPS on H2A makes edges look all blurry and overall the whole game doesn't feel good at all. But on 60 FPS it's the complete opposite and the game feels super smooth. I have not tested this with H2C yet. (Specs: i7-7700 | GTX 1070 | 16 GB)
  • Some aspects of the HUD are huge. Everything seems like it's all in my face even though my FOV is 120. Text for picking up weapons on the floor is huge. The crosshair (for any gun) is huge. The ammo count display is huge.
  • The game itself is super dark and it's hard to see anyone. This can be band-aid fixed by turning your Gamma up.
  • You can't do a 180 degree turn or a 360 degree turn in Theater using M&K. You can using Controller though.
Also, were Campaign Challenges and the View Model sliders cut from this update?
MCC HALO GAME: Halo 2 Classic & Halo 2 Anniversary
  • Please expose the gametype option to allow players to start with dual weapons. I need this for a rather swell gametype idea. (Known as John Woo Boogaloo) Apparently the variants already support this for H2A, if you hex edit the variant. The option (off-hand primary) just needs to be exposed.
  • Make "Centered Crosshair" move the view model 1/3rd of the way down automatically, to accomodate the fact the view focus isn't 1/3rd of the way off-center, so a whole lot of manual adjustment isn't needed to not be blinded by the view model.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 28