Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo: The Master Chief Collection (PC)

MCC Feedback (PC) - Sept & Oct 2020

OP Postums

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 13
Welcome to the dedicated feedback thread for MCC on PC.
  • Campaign Feedback
  • Multiplayer Feedback
  • Firefight Feedback
  • Misc/Other Feedback
The purpose of this thread is to gather suggestions or general feedback related to MCC on PC. When posting, please include as much detail as possible to include:
  • MCC HALO GAME: please specify which game within MCC you're providing feedback for
  • ADDITIONAL INFO: If you have a screenshot, game clip, or other supporting material, please provide the link in your post.
For all technical issues, please make sure to head on over to Halo Support site and find out if it is a known issue. If not, please submit a ticket
Since nothing changed from last month, here is my new feedback with an addition. Also, is the game already abandoned by the devs? The feedback threads are now for 2 months instead of monthly. The ship is sinking!

---

MCC HALO GAME: All - Matchmaking: no penalty for griefers/quitters/toxic players

You are penalized more harshly than quitters and AFK players by simply trying to play the game. Let's just check out the math:

• First leaver penalty is 1 minute.
  • Second leaver penalty is 3 minutes.
  • Third leaver penalty is 5 minutes.
  • There is no penalty for going AFK.
  • The 4v4 time limit is 10-12 minutes.
  • The leaver penalty resets daily.
    • The leaver has a 9 minute (1+3+5) wait if he quits 3 games, then is free to go quit a 4th game (don't know the penalty past that, leaving 3 games is a lot)
    • The average 2v4/3v4 is the whole timer, unless you're actively trying to die to the enemy team
    • 11 minutes per player * 7 players being griefed = 77 minutes wasted per game
    • 77 minutes wasted per game * 4 games griefed by the quitter = 308 minutes per day wasted by legitimate players
It's always the same players. You know instantly if you're gonna win or lose in the loading screen when you recognize the names. And the proportion of griefers to regular players keeps climbing because regular players just go play another game.

The leaver penalty is a joke.

---

MCC HALO GAME: All - Matchmaking: teams are randomly balanced instead of using the rank number

The matchmaking system in competitive doesn't use the player's ranks to balance teams. Instead, teams are picked randomly. See following examples.
1. https://i.imgur.com/Cctb5KU.png
2. https://i.imgur.com/K5yJIdP.png
3. https://i.imgur.com/dzOt0sG.png
4. https://i.imgur.com/gPohZnH.png
As you can see, the ranks aren't used when balancing the teams. This is 3rd grade math at most, and the function is a google search away by pressing the first stackoverflow link. This is an issue that has existed since launch and has not been addressed. As you can see, all lower levels are stacked in one team versus the higher levels. This should not happen in competitive. It renders the whole point of ranking people useless if the ranks aren't gonna be used.

---

MCC HALO GAME: All - Matchmaking: games can start without all players

Games can still start with 7 players. When opening the scoreboard, there is no name shown for the person who quit, making it impossible to report them. This is an issue that has existed since launch and has not been addressed. This sounds like a no brainer, but competitive games should not be able to start without all players.

---

MCC HALO GAME: H3 - Matchmaking: remove Heretic from 4v4 gametypes
Heretic is in competitive Team Slayer (4v4) this is a map that holds at most 4 players total, not 8. The amount of spawns is too low and doesn't bother checking if there's a plasma grenade on top of it. Or checking if there's a teammate getting shot on it. Or checking if the enemy is also spawning at the adjacent spawn. This map should be removed entirely from Team Slayer as it doesn't lend itself to competitive play. There is nothing competitive (or fun, for the matter) in spawning on a plasma grenade and instantly dying.This issue was flagged in the H3 flights and has not been adressed.

---

MCC HALO GAME: All - Replace Social games challenge for Competitive OR Socials
I play 5 social games a week, for the challenge, and it's the least fun time I have all week. Socials is littered with AFK players, quitters and griefers. I read somewhere that if your MMR is above average, you get paired with the absolute bottom of the barrel, "to balance things out". There is absolutely nothing enjoyable about playing a game that doesn't matter on the same team as a cat dropped on a keyboard. There is no incentive for me to be playing because I know I will have to do everything in a TEAM game. If I wanted to play with dumb AI, I'd go play campaign. Not multiplayer.

I played my first and last game of BTB today and I just couldn't be bothered to see it play out. We had 3 AFK players, 1 guy comitting suicide with vehicles vs 2 AFK players. So it was basically a 4v6. Then, after 5 minutes of this nonsense, I saw the timer. 10 minutes remaining. Score was 12-2. No way I'm gonna waste 15 minutes total on this garbage.

Competitive is slightly better, so I'd much rather be playing that than socials.
Ranked Playlist population seem to be dead, I understand the population is on the lower side when it comes to the PC community but I can find a social match at any time of the day when the Ranked ques are long in the mornings.
  • Everyone seems to be playing Social which is fine because its fun to just chill out. But if we could get Double XP in ranked modes, I feel that will make some social players dabble in some ranked and would be nice for us ranked players to see new names in the list.
  • Maybe when the weekly playlist updates occur it could cycle making H3 ranked modes Double XP, next week will be H2 Double XP, etc.
  • Add a Rumble Pit ranked playlist that has Double XP all the time. I could see this popping off with some fun and crazy clips.
Cheers!
Lenchy wrote:
Since nothing changed from last month, here is my new feedback with an addition. Also, is the game already abandoned by the devs? The feedback threads are now for 2 months instead of monthly. The ship is sinking!

---

MCC HALO GAME: All - Matchmaking: no penalty for griefers/quitters/toxic players

You are penalized more harshly than quitters and AFK players by simply trying to play the game. Let's just check out the math:
    • The leaver has a 9 minute (1+3+5) wait if he quits 3 games, then is free to go quit a 4th game (don't know the penalty past that, leaving 3 games is a lot)
    • The average 2v4/3v4 is the whole timer, unless you're actuvely trying to die to the enemy team
    • 77 minutes wasted per game * 4 games griefed by the quitter = 308 minutes per day wasted by legitimate players
It's always the same players. You know instantly if you're gonna win or lose in the loading screen when you recognize the names. And the proportion of griefers to regular players keeps climbing because regular players just go play another game.

---

MCC HALO GAME: All - Matchmaking: teams are randomly balanced instead of using the rank numberThe matchmaking system in competitive doesn't use the player's ranks to balance teams. Instead, teams are picked randomly. See following examples.
As you can see, the ranks aren't used when balancing the teams. This is 3rd grade math at most, and the function is a google search away by pressing the first stackoverflow link. This is an issue that has existed since launch and has not been addressed. As you can see, all lower levels are stacked in one team versus the higher levels. This should not happen in competitive. It renders the whole point of ranking people useless if the ranks aren't gonna be used.

---

MCC HALO GAME: All - Matchmaking: games can start without all playersGames can still start with 7 players. When opening the scoreboard, there is no name shown for the person who quit, making it impossible to report them. This is an issue that has existed since launch and has not been addressed. This sounds like a no brainer, but competitive games should not be able to start without all players.
---

Heretic is in competitive Team Slayer (4v4) this is a map that holds at most 4 players total, not 8. The amount of spawns is too low and doesn't bother checking if there's a plasma grenade on top of it. Or checking if there's a teammate getting shot on it. Or checking if the enemy is also spawning at the adjacent spawn. This map should be removed entirely from Team Slayer as it doesn't lend itself to competitive play. There is nothing competitive (or fun, for the matter) in spawning on a plasma grenade and instantly dying.This issue was flagged in the H3 flights and has not been adressed.
MCC HALO GAME: All - Matchmaking: games can start without all playersThis is due to someone not being able to connect to server. Happens a lot when my brother and I play, we play on the same connection so sometimes it kicks one of us when the other connects. The matching finds 8 players its just one player fails to connect, its not their fault though unless they legit quit out

______

Heretic is in competitive Team Slayer (4v4)Heretic to me is a very balanced map fun and quick.
Now I find Blackout to be the unbalanced map for slayer when you spawn on BR tower you blow the sniper to you and pretty much win the game unless your team gives up BR. Sometimes you can flip the map and have a close game, but with how matchmaking is right now 9 out 10 its always a blowout from 1 team.
As an Australian I have never had less fun with this game than right now. It's in a dire state.

For some reason Australian servers seem to have vanished, literally every game is now against foreigners on West US server, 160 ping minimum. It's not just me, everyone I know is having this problem too. And it's just unbearable to play on. The hitreg in MCC is iffy at the best of times, but on foreign servers it's honestly pathetic how bad it is. Half your shots just bounce off people. Not to mention your opponents are on a silky smooth <20 ping and can melt you without even trying. Back in the 360 days I would just grin and bear it, but this is 2020, I have no patience for it anymore and will just play something else instead.

The other big issue is the MMR in social playlists. It is, without a doubt, the worst implementation of MMR I have played in any game, ever. If you are even halfway decent you will be teamed with some of the worst players to ever touch the game. I'm not trying to shame anyone who isn't a good player, it means nothing, but it is extremely frustrating to be so severely punished **just for being good at the game**. For reference -- and I am not exaggerating this at all -- 8 out of 10 games my teammates will go a collective -20 or more. Recently I had a flag game on heretic where I went 43-18 and my team when -70. -70!!! This is not fun, especially when the other team has semi-decent players to "balance" things out who just farm your teammates non stop. Add to that now playing every game on a US server with 160 ping. Un. -Yoinking!-. Bearable. (edit: decided to jump on for a bit and first game on my team goes -39, second game -21, stellar work 343)

I have no shame in admitting that to circumvent this awful system I just make alts and play on them. When I feel the MMR kicking in, I make another alt. -Yoink- thing to do maybe, but it is literally the only way I can have chill SOCIAL games without wanting to pull my hair out. I used to hate people who stacked full parties in social, but now I understand it 100%.

Fixing the servers should be a high priority, I know people who have stopped playing for that reason alone. I don't have much hope that MMR will be removed, since most games seem to be going the way of pandering to new players, but it would be nice to have it relaxed a little bit.

Ok. There's my 2c.
Fix reach armor lights please and fix the emblem as well, it still has some smiley face placeholder emblem. You can see the placeholder emblem in the campaign.

https://imgur.com/a/RHgROcn
MCC HALO GAME: All

1. Co-op latency: It was removed from the top community reported issues in the June update, and I don't understand why considering nothing has been done to fix it. Please put it back on the list. The July update suggests that you fixed it for ODST firefight, so can we at least get an explanation as to why you’re not doing it for campaign?
  2. Playlist player counts: For matchmaking, allow us to see the player counts for each playlist. I don't want to waste my time sitting in the lobby for 20 minutes when there's no one playing. I realize that might be a bit complicated for social because the playlists are cross game, but it would be simple for ranked playlists.
  3. Party up post-game: Allow us to party up with teammates (or even opponents as well potentially) after matches like all of the old halo games did.
  4. Add a vote to forfeit option in matchmaking: There’s no point in making someone finish a game when all of their teammates have quit and it’s 4v1 or 8v2 or whatever because of quitters and AFK’ers. Sometimes in objective games the team with more players will purposely refuse to finish the objective so as to have the opportunity to rack up kills on the outnumbered and helpless opposing team. This is just a complete a waste of time for everybody, and a negative experience that could be easily avoided. Add a vote to forfeit option which would end the game if more than half of one team’s players vote in favor.
  5. Push to talk on controller: There’s currently no push to talk option for controller players, which is especially dumb considering many of the controller layout options don’t use all of the buttons. The obvious place for it is on the d-pad, but I guess this might vary depending on the controller layout.
  6. Matchmaking Playlists: It doesn't really make sense for 1v1 and 2v2 to be in social matchmaking, as those are pretty clearly competitive player counts. Social matchmaking should have 2v2v2v2, 4v4, 12, and 8v8. Ranked should have 1v1, 2v2, 6, 4v4, and 6v6 invasion. Also, please just get rid of H1 auto slayer. It's clearly terrible and if I want to select 4v4 auto slayer and precision slayer for all games in the match composer, it means I might get stuck playing H1 auto slayer, so I have to either turn off H1 or turn off auto slayer.
1/2
Its great work you guys at 343i are getting done with the MCC and its also a joy to read postums smooth blogposts in the weekly and monthly dev updates. To help you make MCC the best it can be, let me copy-paste my August 2020 feedback in here, with some modifications along the way to summarize and bundle up other feedback posts and wishlist threads with good points and ideas of improvements and additions as well as taking the latest dev update in count.
To everyone i copied from, i dont intent to plagiarize your ideas, i fully support them and think they are great improvements/additions to MCC and i think they will more likely implemented when mentioned more often. Thats why i added them to my post here. If anyone dont want me to use his/hers ideas here, let me know and i will remove it ASAP
MCC Global
  • EasyAntiCheat causes BSOD sometimes, with the game listed as uninstalled after reboot
  • Coop campaign has intensive lag
  • Startup audio is way too loud
  • Broken achievements in MCC and in steam need fixing
  • Add an 'Extras' section for Terminals, cutscenes, collectibles, …
  • Add toggle for each games credits afer finishing the campaign
  • Allow load-screen toggles; 'Modern' (current) or 'Legacy' (original load-screens)
  • Allow menu background toggles; e.g. 'Modern' (current), 'Classic' (launch MCC), 'Legacy' (original backgrounds)
  • Allow ingame pause menu toggles; 'Modern' (current) or 'Legacy' (original ui)
  • Replace horizontal panels witj vertical lists in menus on PC
  • Increase temporary File limit
  • Add/sync skulls to other titles where possible, Acrophobia to CE / H2, Bandanna to H3, etc
  • Skull options for custom games
  • Option for subtitles for all dialogue and cutscenes
  • Steam Input API support + Controller Rebinding
  • Add Classic Medal display option for Campaign scoring.
  • Allow Skins in Campaign
  • ‘Replay‘ and ‘Exit‘ Button in the menu between missions
  • Make the Playermodel usable for Campaign
  • Higher XP payout for firefight and challenges regarding campaign
  • Add an Icon for Discord
  • Improve mouse sensitivity settings by adding more digits and make it adjustable with the wheel
  • More video/graphics options (AA, DoF, MB, Shadows/Texture resolutions, draw distances etc) per game
  • Raytracing
  • Option to adjust the microphone sensitivity ingame and filtering background noise
MCC Multiplayer
  • Rank-based matchmaking is needed. In one match the enemy team is absolutely overpowered and in the next i'm the overpowered player, its rarely balanced
  • Matchmaking on social games should allow single players to join active matches if theres a free slot
  • Make it that teams match with each other more likely than with a bunch of single players
  • Stop banning for leaving a social game
  • Make real bans for leaving competitive games, not only a minute. And make server time count for this instead of local machine time, so it cant be bypassed by resetting the computers time
  • Add short invincibility after respawn. in Every game you have ~3 seconds of invincibility after respawning, in MCC i spawn and get immediately headshot killed
  • Option for mixed input alongside with input-based matchmaking
  • Option to disable aim assist in context to mixed input options
  • Voting/Veto system
  • Clan support
  • Party up feature
  • Flashlights and night vision (at least in custom games)
  • More options for custom games
  1. Team switching
  2. Kick players
  3. Manual/automatic team balancing
  4. Add a spectator team (AFK player could be moved to this team rather than being kicked)
  5. Bots
  6. Ability for Host to switch someone elses team
  7. Options for more than 16 players
  • Team switching option in matchmaking if the other team has fewer players
  • Add ‚friendly fire‘ option to decrease betraying/griefing
  • Search for any sized matches
  • Bots (if there arent enough player)
  • Allow 3v3 and 6v6/7v7 games in 4v4 and 8v8, respectively, if there aren't enough players to begin a match
  • Allow FFA from 4-6 players
  • Post and pregame lobby
  • Dedicated Auto Objective playlists across all games (4v4, 8v8, and FFA)
  • 8v8 Auto Slayer across all games
  • Option to disable Text chat
  • Option to mute individual players in voice chat
  • Population count for all servers
  • Add Pre-match countdown
  • Invasion added to 8v8 Objective
  • Per-game playlist choices (eg Precision for CE and Auto for every other game)
  • Improved Idle system
  1. Leaving the leaderboard first before reentering pool for matchmaking
  2. Idle status in the lobby is very inconsistent
  3. Boot AFK players from active matches, in addition with single players joining active matches and team switching it will improve everyones experience
  4. Alternatively/additionally players who were AFK during the whole match shouldnt earn any XP
Customization
  • Colour wheel for greater armour colour variety and also allow this to be done to armour lights
  • Ability to choose emblem placement on armour
  • Toggle to disable armour effects/flames
  • CEs spartan could hold an AR as seen in CEs proflie menu
  • H2s spartan could hold SMGs as seen in H2s profile menu
Theatre
  • Able to use screenshots for clip, map and gametype thumbnails
  • Able to use screenshots as avatars
  • ‘Rewind’ function
  • Able to apply slowmo and other effects
  • Able to join clips together
  • Allow first person view for all players
  • Add Theatre support for campaign
  • Add Theatre support for CEA and H2
  • Option for permanently saving clips
  • Allow us to fully rerender clips at full framerate/resolution/quality like H3s theatre did back then
  • Implement key frames to allow fast forwarding
Forge
  • Add duplicate function
  • Increase file limit
  • Increase Object limit
  • 'Prefab' function ideally letting you export/import between maps
  • ‘Delete All/Everything‘ function
  • ‘Delete all of these‘ function
  • Add ‘Disable map boundaries‘ option
  • Extend limit of teleporter spawns to 340+ seconds
  • Option to change a maps skybox
  • Fully shared pallet for all maps
Firefight
  • Allow Skins in Firefight
  • Voices arent synced
  • Bots
  • Add skull options
Ban AFKers AND DON'T LET THEM AUTO QUEUE. They are more of a problem than quitters. At least if someone leaves in a Slayer match the other team doesn't get free kills the entire game.
Updated as of the month of September. It must be taken into account that most of the feedback and suggestions are aimed at improving the overall product of MCC in the list below, and would actually keep population consistent while creating an enjoyable and replayable environment.

Matchmaking improvements:

- Revamp the Ranked section with a new Match Composer that includes 2v2, 4v4 and 6v6 (Invasion + Squad Battle) with selectable modes, just like the Social one. Right now, the amount of versatility and freedom Social offers makes Ranked obsolete and boring. Then, offer exclusive rewards, such as nameplates or double EXP.
- Both, Social and Competitive matches, need to be more balanced in terms of overall skill and teams. The parameters that could be used are: rank tour, K/D rate, Win/Loss ratio, competitive rank (I'd suggest no more than 10 ranks below or above a player). Right now, Team Doubles creates complete blowouts and sometimes a CTF match in Social will have an enemy team who doesn't even know where the flag is.
- There must be some kind of party restriction or system to prevent pre-made teams from matching random people on matchmaking, specially in 4v4 Objective or gametypes like Invasion. If not possible due to population, at least make them more likely to match other teams during the first 5 minutes of searching.
- The amount of benefits a backfill system would provide are countless. By letting players join social matches in progress optionally, you decrease the number of unbalanced matches due to excessive quitting or AFKing, create faster matches on demand, and include a factor that leads to interesting comebacks for the losing teams. On the other hand, this would be more functional by increasing ban times (to attack the root of the problem).
- When the server selector tool is finally added, skill matching/fast matching options should be included within a certain datacenter.
- Give all maps in the whole game the same weighting, or add a Veto system to avoid the same maps over and over. Voting was a problem when there were crossgame playlists; as those are gone, there's no reason not to have some choice. If that's not possible, at least let players check the maps they want in each playlist. The current system is just kind of a fixed voting with unclear weighting, and some gametypes or combinations get entirely removed randomly (such as 4v4 Zanzibar).
- Allow 3v3 and 6v6/7v7 games in 4v4 and 8v8, respectively, if there aren't enough players to begin a match.
- For FFA, decrease the maximum player count to 6 and the minimum to 4, just like the original Lone Wolves playlist.
- Please keep a Multi Team (2v2v2v2 players) category for Social Games.
- Add a single vanilla Reach playlist with all modes (Flag, Bomb, Slayer, Headhunter...), at least in 4v4 as in 8v8 may affect population too much. There's no reason an Xbox 360 10-year-old game should have more options than a newly released PC game. The only game that preserves Reach original gameplay is Invasion, which is in competitive and certainly a different concept.
- Team Duals has demonstrated that a playlist with similar settings can retain enough population in a rotation basis; given that it's not currently possible at all to play Objective with automatic starting weapons, and there are barely any options for BTB, other than Reach (which is also limited to Slayer), the same system for them would be better than nothing (for instance, the 2nd week of the month a playlist involving automatic starts is added, whether it's Duals/Objective/BTB). I can ensure this would please a lot of people, and could be used as a test for permanent hoppers in the Social Composer.
- Make CE Anniversary multiplayer more mainstream by expanding its functionality to 2v2 and 8v8. The maps are already there.
- The Race gametype needs to get rid of gun damage and be weighted a bit more. In addition, mix Gungoose CTF with the CTF/Bomb/Ricochet 4v4 category. Both should be more easily accesible. Dominion would be a cool addition for H2A, and could replace Territories or just be along them and KOTH in the Match Composer category.

Overall quality improvements:
- Melee detection needs to be fixed for Halo 2 (inconsistent sword lunging should be looked at as well). On the other hand, some Halo CE matches are barely playable as the Magnum is heavily untrustable from time to time, coming from a mouse and keyboard perspective (in case the bullet magnetism was tweaked depending on input device). I'm glad H3 hit detection is getting a valuable fix soon, but the other games in the collection mustn't be left behind.
- Given that Crossplay (and input-based matchmaking to keep controller players and M&KB players separated in competitive playlists), a Customs Game Browser and a Server Selector are being currently developed, just take time to include all three at H4 launch, not after, if we want this to succeed. A manual way is already there to skip some servers, so the latter could be added later.
- Increase the ways to report players, aswell as inviting people to games (it could use a party-up feature in the original to keep a lobby).
- Increase the options the PC has right now: fine tuning mouse sensitivity (by adding at least 1 more digit) and making it alike in all the different games is a good start (the one that feels off and slower, from my point of view, is Reach). Then, a FPS limit (which starts from 30 FPS for low-end machines) could be implemented, in addition to a crosshair rescale for H2C depending on FOV (gun visual adjustments are fortunately on the way).
- Enhance the customization scheme for the aircrafts keybinds, and separate H2A from H2C as the Banshee is affected by the Hornet bindings. Make the Forge keybinds for switching objects menu customizable as well, as the current and default bindings are not too practical.
- An H2A multiplayer rebalance (finally the flag carrier indicator was removed, thank you). It's the flagship of MCC. As a summary, dual-wielding needs certain adjustments (especially the combinations which use the SMG, a spawn weapon, as the base), vehicle health is not acceptable at all, melee range isn't in parity with the original, and grenade/rocket hit markers serve no purpose other than to reveal the position of someone who's hiding.
- Improve Halo CE texture quality and classic audio (constantly overlaps and is extremely low-pitched). Additionally, H2C should be in parity with the original Xbox version (the recent fix to dual-wielding Elites is very much appreciated) in terms of bullet travelling and registration (possibly the same issue as Halo 3 before the patch).
- The triangles that point to the players name are too big in the Halo 2: Anniversary theater mode, and the same happens with death camera.

Bug fixing:
- Disconnections from both parts are frequent when inviting someone to join your party. The message shown is "connection interrupted".
- The most glaring issues of each game should be prioritized, before launching new ones. For instance, the Elite texture glitch (H2C), the H2A gamma settings and huge stuttering.
- The current ranking system is quite better, but the highest life time achieved rank sometimes shows the incorrect playlist.
- Challenges are still bugged in some areas: CE doesn't count for most of them and non-sniper Jackals are valid for "Counter Sniper", not to mention Firefight is not too trustable for their completion and sometimes progress is not retained after a CO-OP campaign session.
In my opinion, the three biggest things making this game more frustrating than fun are

1: terrible hit reg (being fixed, yay progress!)
2. Terrible MMR
3. Playlist weighting

The MMR: I'd much rather see 100% random lobbies than the MMR system. I really hate playing the game as every match is so incredibly frustrating. I cannot play with a party of 4 every day and sometimes just want to play a chill game. Guess what? That doesn't exist, due to the way MMR is implemented. Customs browsers will help, but I kind of enjoy grinding ranks as long as the games are fun, and they're very rarely fun.

3. Can we PLEASE get like a community vote thread for playlists? I don't understand why so many maps are so frequent when everyone hates them. As mentioned before, heretic 4v4 gets so old especially against a full team of 4. I don't think it's that difficult to switch up playlists but I haven't even seen it attempted, every playlist change is like "added a .3% chance to play x map". We need serious changes, not tiny adjustments.
Granted crossplay will help, but please use the current EXP system and it’s various challenges to raise Ranked activity. Give people incentives to play Ranked, EXP rewards for completing games, etc. I’m on PC and while crossplay should help (I say should due to more split searching thanks to input), I’ve waited up to 40 mins to play H2C Hardcore to no avail. Also no population counter hurts, we get that we don’t want to see small numbers and deem something dead, but if someone searches for 40mins not to find a game they’re likely to never try again. If I saw even 10 people in there, I’d wait for the match. I’m still a Rank 1 in H2C after 5 attempts of 20+ mins to find a match.

Background MMR hurts social. We hear about 4 stacks ruining the experience, but when you can’t find a ranked game and want to play with your friends, it’s going to happen. If social was still CBMM we’d get a variety which is what social always was. It’d also help push people to Ranked as they’d have a place to play against similar skill levels. SBMM in social essentially makes it Ranked with hidden ranks and Ranked is another variant.
As a player from the UK, I am absolutely sick of getting put in 'East US 2' servers, sick to death of games where my hits aren't registering properly get a -Yoinking!- dedicated server for players outside of the US ffs, when me and my friends play we place bets on wether or not we'll actually get an EU server, it's a pisstake at this point.

Almost 6 years of this -Yoink-.
Request: option to require players to be running the anti-cheat to join a custom lobby

I've had a couple of encounters with people cheating in a custom game, the lobby leader can kick them but they can just rejoin.
When the lobby browser comes up, I feel this will be a lot more prolific, and possibly quite an issue when it comes to crossplay too

an option for the lobby leader to set a "require all players to be running EAC" would be good for people who want to run an un-modded custom match without worries of a cheater joining.
2/2
CEA
  • Graphics are way darker than on XBOX in both classic and anniversary mode
  • Cutscenes and ingame animations are locked at 30 fps
  • Audio is bugged
  • Classic Audio is quieter than anniversary
  • The plasma pistol doesnt lock on/home in on targets when overcharged
  • Make CE Anniversary multiplayer more mainstream by expanding its functionality to at least 2v2, 4v4 and 8v8. The maps are already there
  • Add competitive 4v4 for Halo CE
  • Add bloodgulch and sidewinder on social 4v4 for the ctf gametype on Halo CE and remove longest from social 4v4s
  • Original CE HUD graphics and positioning
  • The magnum is untrustable from time to time in MP
  • Announcers voice in MP often dont play for multikills, objectives or even the end of the match
H2A
  • H2 missions have long loading times
  • H2 missions crash during cutscenes in Coop
  • Graphics are way darker than on XBOX in both classic and anniversary mode
  • Audio is bugged
  • Classic Audio is quieter than anniversary
  • Add Classic/remastered audio toggle for H2 MP
  • Separate key bindings for H2A and H2C, the Banshee is affected by the Hornet bindings
  • Melee detection needs a bit of fixing due to inconsistency
  • Reload sound sometimes doesnt play in MP
  • No plants on cairo station in classic graphics
H3
  • Acrophobia skull should disable invisible walls/barriers/killzones and splatter damage
  • Make Flaire and Radar-jammer to not affect the user to make it viable
  • Add more medals in MP, lots of objective and assist medals are missing
  • Toggle to disable interruption by Cortana/Gravemind
  • Lone Wolves Competitive FFA Playlist
Reach
  • Fix inaccuracies with UE4 models: missing pouch from Assault Commando Chest, CNM attachment for Mk V (b), etc
  • Fix emblem not appearing correctly on armor
  • Add armour abilitys as pickups to spawn areas, would be nice to swap them without having to die
  • Add weapon racks with Shotguns,DMRs, Pistols in spawn area
  • Toggle to disable assassination animation like in H5
  • lone wolf map in MP
Ideas for future additions

Please release H5 for PC on both Steam and MS Store (as a seperate game)

Skulls
  • Bang Skull
A skull that replace gun sound effects with the 343 staff saying "bang". Please do this
  • Guerilla Skull
A skullt that randomizes enemy spawns. Would be challenging, especially on LASO
  • Shielded Flood Skull
    One of the cut items from Halo 2 were Flood Carriers with Jackal shields, a skull that gives them all Flood Carriers shields would be a cute way to bring this back
  • Banger Infection Skull
    Another cut enemy were exploding Infection Flood Form. This would be a very stupid yet beautifully challenging skull
  • Third Person Skull
    ODST features a cut fully functioning third person skull, having the camera behind the player
  • Skull for infinite cloak instead of envys 5 seconds
  • Skull for infinite health
  • Skull for infinite grenades
  • Skull for immortal ally npcs
  • Skull for increased speed on foot and in vehicles
MCC Global
  • Expand the ‘Extras‘ section with ‘The Library‘, a lost function from the original HCE; Streams of Halo Esport matches; …
  • Campaign matchmaking for coop with random players
  • H3/Reach Spartan Ops that don't end in "Kill the remaining enemies"
    but some sorta objective based
  • Add all maps, gametypes, equipment, vehicles and gun variants from Halo Online to all games for Firefight, MP and Forge if possible
Halo Reach:
  • Add cut DLC Armor sets, 'Preserve' and 'Condemned'.
  • Add other Armor where possible, Mk V (b) CNM from the Beta, Campaign exclusive permutations like Jun's knife shoulder attachment, the HU/RS ODST variant, etc.
  • Further expand forge with more items from Campaign: Cargo Truck, Truck Cab (w/out trailer, with tanker variant), UNSC Tractor unit (w/ trailer, w/out trailer variant), Space Banshee / Phantom, MAC Cannon, etc.
  • The following armor abilities are included in the system's files: Ammo Pack, Power Fist, Repulsor, Sensor Pack, Super Jump, EMP Pulse, Shield Generator. They could be very supportive in firefight and MP
  • Add the Laser Sight Sniper Rifle. It could make really interesting attack/defense gametypes, with a visual warning before a sniping shot. Since silenced weapons were added to Halo 3, a new weapon for Reach would be nice
CEA
  • Add 'dynamic' option for Anniversary Visuals / Audio that would function as H2:A does currently
  • Port over existing Halo online maps
  • Firefight/survival mode
H2A:
  • Add the Rocket Hog to Forge (holdover from H4)
  • Port maps from H4 if possible, 'Pitfall' and 'Ragnarok' would be good additions to the map pool
  • Port Armor sets from H4 if possible, for both Spartans and Elites.
  • Add cut / absent weapons & vehicles to Custom Game options: Silenced SMG, GPMG, Shadow, Spectre, etc.
  • Add separate Visuals / Audio for Anniversary mode, which CE:A currently supports
  • Add 'Example' map from H2:V to roster
  • Add Dominion alongside to Territiories
  • Port over existing Halo online maps
  • Halo 2 Infection
H3:
  • Make characters like H3 Pilot, H3 Marine variations, Lord Hood, H3 Construction workers, Miranda Keyes, NMPD Cop etc playable
  • add gametypes to H3 such as race, head hunt, gun game, ect
Multiplayer
  • Arbiter, Pilot and ODST Armour for customization, maybe as unlockables in Season 4+
  • Much more skins including armour skins, maybe as unlockables in Season 4+
  • More Invasion gametypes (eg Invasion Slayer, Invasion Skirmish, etc)
Firefight
  • Add Elites and the Flood as enemy types to Firefight
  • Add Wave objectives like planting a bomb or capturing territories to firefight
  • Add Drones and Guta as enemy types/ wave option to Firefight
  • Firefight "Schism" Setting
  • Firefight additionally had more enemy options, allowing them to fight one another. This can provide so many interesting firefight gametypes.
  • Add more weapons / vehicles (eg. Magnum, SMG, Elite Plasma Rifle, Energy Sword, Sentinel Beam / Mongoose, Ghost, Prowler, Banshee, etc) to firefight
  • More Gametypes such as Firefight versus or Fistfight, using the Blackeye skull. Also a role reversal where the player uses covenant weapons against Heretic foes would be fun
  • New Enemy Varieties
    Heretic (UNSC Wielding) Grunts, Jackals, Brutes, and Drones would all be fine additions
Forge
  • Add AI
  • Editable paths for AI
  • Add item skins, maybe as unlockables in Season 4+
  • Ability to collide with water for players and vehicles. (This could multiply the possibilities in Forge with a large flat area)
  • Add (large) blocks of rock, grass, sand, wood, steal, etc
  • Add weather effects like rain, snow, flood spore, day/night, etc
  • Add all skyboxes from all maps
  • Add forgable ladders, slippery Ice, conveyer belts, etc
  • Add more breakable structure pieces, objects and structure pieces that can catch fire/spread fire/burn up (maybe have a toggle for this)
    Add Firefight maps to forge for use in MP and Firefight
  • Further expand Forge with more items from H3 & ODST: Pelican (& Police Variant), Phantom (& Schism Variant), Stationary Gauss Turret, Olifant, etc.
  • Add invulnerability and cloaking equipment to H3s forge
  • Add Flood structures (flesh mounds/creep, Spore pods, Door thing, Hanging and laying tentacles, and bones) to forge
  • Add all H3 and ODST objects/assets and chunks of the environment, even skyboxes and effects for use on all maps to forge
  • Forge support for CEA, H2A and ODST
All games - multiplayer, server selection:

The changing of the fallback server to West US has absolutely ruined the game for anyone in the Asia/Oceania and European regions. At times I have seen over 300ms ping to the West US server whilst I have 5ms ping to Southeast Australia, 8ms ping to East Australia and 15ms to Southeast Asia. The time difference is hugely noticeable when playing and makes the game almost unplayable especially on Swat and Snipers. 300ms is long enough for someone to have jumped around a corner and killed you before you even see them, making the game totally unfair, uneven and unplayable to anybody not in the US.

I understand that a server selection option is supposedly on the way but I’ll probably have lost interest in playing by that stage. We used to get near on every game on an Australian server and the game was decently enjoyable. Lately it has been terrible.

All games - social matchmaking, game size:
Game size could be included as a multi-selection, total number or omitted entirely. I used to love playing infection, but you very rarely see a game of it nowadays. I would happily queue infection alongside my other common game types and play it every now and then. Likewise with FFA. These are game types that nobody queues because nobody plays them. I bet if they were in amongst the usual game types they’d be played much more frequently.

All games - multiplayer, voting and lobbying:
One of the most enjoyable parts of OG Halo days was playing the same people again as you wanted to over a variety of different maps and game types. If you didn’t want to play the same lobby you would leave and return to matchmaking yourself. Returning to matchmaking/searching after every game is annoying, time wasting and socially ruins the experience. Alongside this, being able to vote or veto the upcoming game and map made for far more enjoyable gameplay. It seems the least liked game types and least liked maps are rotated the most. I remember purposely uninstalling the Cold Storage expansion pack on Xbox because we disliked it that much. And Dino Blasters, well that would have my veto every time. That particular map and game type seem to both get particularly high rotation, as an example.
All Games/Multiplayer:

Can we have a custom games browser and join in progress for social matchmaking please?

Like for real! You have been promising a custom server browser for nearly a year now and have since released 4 games on PC, yet you still haven't released this *simple* feature that will hugely improve the experience for players?
Lenchy wrote:

---

• The average 2v4/3v4 is the whole timer, unless you're actively trying to die to the enemy team

---

MCC HALO GAME: All - Matchmaking: teams are randomly balanced instead of using the rank numberThe matchmaking system in competitive doesn't use the player's ranks to balance teams. Instead, teams are picked randomly. See following examples.

---

MCC HALO GAME: All - Matchmaking: games can start without all playersGames can still start with 7 players. When opening the scoreboard, there is no name shown for the person who quit, making it impossible to report them. This is an issue that has existed since launch and has not been addressed. This sounds like a no brainer, but competitive games should not be able to start without all players.
---

I have to say, Midship/Heretic is absolutely a viable 4v4 map for TS, flag, etc. It's a fight for top control, that's what it is. There's absolutely room for 4v4, when you're fighting for P2/P3 control, top mid, Carbine, and flanking the bases using the bubbles on car. It's been played competitively since H2 for good reason.

Spawns definitely are messed up though, if your team controls pink tower and top blue base, the other team might spawn in blue basement, which makes absolutely no sense. I understand being pissed at the spawns, but calling for the map to be removed is way too far imo. It's one of the most fair maps to me, because it's so tight that most bullets are actually going to register, and it's a symmetrical fight for pink tower control.

But really, I'm surprised to see Heretic be called out when there's maps like standoff and sandbox in the TS playlist. These maps are unplayable unless the server is your region, and are completely oversized for 4v4.
-Campaign Matchmaking
I have no friends and would like to play Campaign on Co op
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 13