Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo: The Master Chief Collection (PC)

[Locked] MCC Feedback (PC) - Sept & Oct 2020

OP Postums

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. ...
  9. 14
In Halo 3: ODST Firefight, playable characters (Johnson, Buck, Romeo, etc.) are missing their randomized dialogue & banter.
Now that my favorite halo game(ODST) has made it's way onto PC, I have some things to say...

First up I want to mention that in the german translation of Halo 3 ODST sometimes the characters just straight up speak english. Just a random "Reloading" out of nowhere.
And you translated the names "Dutch" and "Dare" in the customisation menus. W...What???? Why? How is this even...? And when you unlock something in the season menus, the german text for "Freigeschaltet" (Unlocked) still doesn't fit into the box. Since Reach

I was and still am dissapointed with how you handled MCC on PC. Every release in this collection has either had a major bug or multiple or just an addition to the games that made the experience worse overall.

With Reach you introduced us to the unlock system which was incredibly linear unlike the original release. And the insane grind you had to perform online since there wasn't any way of earning XP offline.You somewhat have fixed this with the challenges but it's no replacement for just getting XP based on points from offline firefight or the kampaign. I wish you would finally add this to MCC.

I don't want to play firefight with 2 other people I dont know. Let me play with one buddy with the gamemodes I want to play and atleast give me something for it. There aren't even firefight doubles in ODST. I won't even ask why. It makes no sense. Not that I want to play firefight online because you can't even finish a round. The game bugs out and keeps you at the last wave in limbo.

And you still found no way to fix the awful kampaign networking. I'm not a game developer but is there seriously no fix for this? Even when I as a german play with a british person there is significant lag. And my internet is way good enough for this task.

I won't list off every other minor annoyance in all of the games since I pointed these out numerous times in these forums before. I don't know what you are focussing your development on but it certainly isn't what I hope it would be. I don't want new more games. I want good, polished games.

I'm sorry this post is so strongly negative. But all these games are overall worse than they're original releases.
First up I want to mention that in the german translation of Halo 3 ODST sometimes the characters just straight up speak english. Just a random "Reloading" out of nowhere.
I have the same issue, submit a bug report and add recorded gameplay where it occurs
  • MCC HALO GAME: All of them (More a Steam recommendation than a game one)
  • FEEDBACK: In the achievements section can we please have the option of selecting which game to view, such as achievements only found in Halo 2 or Halo 3 for example.
  • ADDITIONAL INFO: TF2 has a great example of how to outline achievements when there are hundreds of them, makes life easier for seeing certain ones. A drop menu to select each game would be awesome, a general one for killing all enemies, and then the remainder can be for certain games.
Halokid003 wrote:
ODST on pc has some major audio bugs where audio is way out of sync, so the visuals on the thumbs when holding the AR and BR are weird. Its quite noticeable.
Please make sure and file bug reports in the Halo Support site about these issues: https://aka.ms/HaloSupport
Can we have Legendary ODST Firefight matchmaking? Heroic is okay, but I'd really love a bigger challenge. Maybe start the game further in with more skulls on? Only some maps are hard. My current goal is to make it through the whole set without dying.

I'd love to have Recon Slayer for 8v8 matches in Halo 3. 4v4 is pretty competitive at its core and not what I prefer playing. 8v8 has a lot more room and has way more vehicles.
Heroic Firefight is simply too easy for 4 random teammates without teamwork. It is time to replace Heroic with Legendary. I remember struggling on ODST Firefight on Xbox 360, but at 144hz on a mouse and keyboard the game needs more challenge.
Tail lights on the Warthog in ODST are broken. The actual red lenses don't appear but the light itself works until it's damaged. So in essence they're always in a damaged state.
The region selection update can't come soon enough. I hate quick-matching into further-away regions, especially Northern Europe (I'm East US).

The ODST Firefight experience in matchmaking can be pretty dreadful/restrictive when not in your own region. Some things you can normally do on your own (assassinate Chieftains, battle Hunters in CQC), it's often suicidal to try to do here because you are not always shown what direction they actually face, sometimes for a good while.

Recon Slayer could use a permanent place in Halo 3, be it mixed in with other gametypes or whatever other way you can do it. It's a pretty fantastic way to play.
-Campaign Matchmaking
I have no friends and would like to play Campaign on Co op
Campaign Matchmaking would be amazing!
Miles3298 wrote:
The region selection update can't come soon enough. I hate quick-matching into further-away regions, especially Northern Europe (I'm East US).

The ODST Firefight experience in matchmaking can be pretty dreadful/restrictive when not in your own region. Some things you can normally do on your own (assassinate Chieftains, battle Hunters in CQC), it's often suicidal to try to do here because you are not always shown what direction they actually face, sometimes for a good while.

Recon Slayer could use a permanent place in Halo 3, be it mixed in with other gametypes or whatever other way you can do it. It's a pretty fantastic way to play.
If it's any consolation assassinating Chieftains and CQCing hunters is hard even when you have a good connection. Brutes and hunters have a longer melee range than in Halo 3 and can kill you fast with the right attacks. I can imagine how tough a bad connection would make firefight because when I lag every now and then and see a chieftain slide or teleport a little it gets pretty spooky. Playing the game like that all that time is a radical change.
This might be subjective but I really hate the catch skull on firefight.
It's pretty egregious. Literally 0% miss factor, and they are faster than rockets or fuel rods even.
Recon Slayer is absolutely fantastic. I love it. Please make it permanent.
ODST on PC
Allow the Waypoint function (arrow keys) to be bound by the player.
I use a Razer Orbweaver rather than a keyboard. I use the analog for movement which registers as the arrow keys. The Waypoint function is constantly being toggled on and off as I move around. Its obnoxious.
I second this, but add that all keys used to control waypoint, navigation, and the map screen should be rebindable, rather than just the key to open the map. This is restrictive to players who have unique keybinds.
can we please get a ranked HALO 3 BTB playlist? the matches are always so imbalanced
A dedicated playlist for Rocket Race (and hopefully Rocket Hog Race?) would be amazing. As long as RR is in Halo, I will keep coming back to it. Its the most fun game I have ever played on any console or PC.
Feedback towards the new Recon Slayer gamemode:

The Smg is practically useless. Nobody uses it. That's because of the overpowered pistol

The Automag in halo 3 multiplayer feels like just another Halo CE magnum. It kills in 5 or 6 shots. It is ridiculessly powerful and makes everyone just snipe each other. If you charge somebody with 2 meters range with a Smg, if the enemy uses the automag you will loose even if you shot first. The Smg gets so overshadowed by the automag. It seriously needs a buff or the automag needs a nerf.
Problem with H3 campaign completion recognition.

Just yesterday I completed cortana on legendary solo and the game did not recognize that I did and did not count, it still shows "unplayed." No skulls or rally points were involved, I did it in one session and at the beginning of the next mission I quit as I didn't want to do that mission at the moment that was when I noticed it. I was looking for a solution and found multiple other threads of people having the same problem and yet no response from 343. Please fix this.
YamaMX wrote:
Recon Slayer has been such a nice surprise and I've heard overwhelmingly positive results across the board. Various teammates of mine who specifically play certain Halo titles such as only CE or 2 all like the mode, in addition to those who predominantly play 3. This is arguably the most unique addition 343 has added to the MCC, to the point it feels like it's own game. It has the basic premise of CE's starting loadout in a game with more refined movement. It really gives ODST a breath of fresh air and a multiplayer space of it's own, despite no new maps.

With all of the half baked stuff wedged into the social mixtape matchmaking, I can't fathom not leaving this in as long as the numbers continually show people want to play it.
It’s like playing a more balanced h1, love it.
  • Misc/Other Feedback
  • MCC HALO GAME: All with forge.
  • FEEDBACK: Would really be nice if we could arrange our maps and gametypes with a sub folder. IE so we can have sub folders for; objective, minigames, parkour maps, slayer maps, etc. A single sub folder layer would do, no need for subfolders inside of subfolders.

This would help out a lot when playing custom games.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. ...
  9. 14