Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo: The Master Chief Collection (PC)

[Locked] MCC Feedback (PC) - Sept & Oct 2020

OP Postums

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 7
  4. 8
  5. 9
  6. 10
  7. 11
  8. ...
  9. 14
Add 6v6 in casual multiplayerThis would be for Reach's Invasion and Halo 4's Dominion. Nothing would make me happier than to alternate between matches of the 2 best game modes in Halo, save for Heavies. I have a feeling I am not alone.

It also means Invasion will actually get the player count it deserves.
This. Halo 3 also had Squad Battles waaaaaay back then, which was basically 6v6 BTB

This would be perfect because Invasion desperately needs more support. It's current server is dead (it takes me literally hours to find a match), also there are other maps which support it (such as Highlands), as well as other game modes like Invasion Slayer and Skirmish.

A 6v6 server of Squad Battles (H3), Invasion (Reach), and Dominion (H4) would be perfect.
Sounds good to me!
Bugreport:
Please make sure and file bug reports in the Halo Support site, but reports shouldn't be filed on the forums: https://aka.ms/HaloSupport
How is there not a "report player" function? Unless I'm just missing it... but if I am, it's incredibly hard to find I guess lol.

It's frustrating enough to die to hackers, but I'm not at all motivated to continue playing if we can't even report them?
How is there not a "report player" function? Unless I'm just missing it... but if I am, it's incredibly hard to find I guess lol.

It's frustrating enough to die to hackers, but I'm not at all motivated to continue playing if we can't even report them?
There isn't one. If you want to report cheating or awful stuff in chat you got to find their xbox profile on the xbox site or windows/mobile app (most easily via recent players) and report their profile there. I hope it gets added to the in-game menu, most games have it as a function on an intractable scoreboard (even the scuffed Halo 5: forge pc port) but I'm guessing that would be a lot of work as the original Halo scoreboards are all different and not designed for that functionality.
I would like to formally propose the inclusion of 6v6 for casual multiplayer. It would accommodate 3 tactical and objective based game modes from the following titles.

Halo 3 - Flag Rally (Squad Battle)
Flag Rally is a game variant of the Territories gametype. In this mode, the basic rules of Land Grab apply, except that territories can be captured more quickly. However, they can also be captured more quickly from you by the enemy, as no territories are locked. Therefore, teamwork is critical in order to focus on both offence and defense simultaneously. Any maps used would have to include fun power weapons and vehicles.

Halo: Reach - Invasion

Halo 4 - Dominion

I believe this will help get more people playing these fun game modes and will save Invasion from being clumped together with competitive rankings that don't actually work.

It's an easy thing to do and I am 100% sure the community will love it. Can we make this happen 343i?
This will probably get buried but there is something that has been bugging me for a while now and I would like for it to be resolved. The Title screen Music seems to only play the halo reach soundtrack. It's a great soundtrack but personally not my favourite and many people would agree. Many of us would like to listen to halo 2 or 3 soundtracks as we prepare to drop in. Adding a music selection option for the home screen of MCC would improve the quality of life for many people. Being able to select your favourite halo music as you get hyped to shoot up some Grunts would bring the game up a notch. Please Implement this feature asap because i am starting to get sick of halo reach music.
  • MCC HALO GAME: All games. Specifically multiplayer mode.

• FEEDBACK: Add the ability to report a player within the game.

• ADDITIONAL INFO: As things stand since the MCC has launched on PC, there is no way to report a player. If player is consistently AFK, racist/toxic in chat, or team kills over and over, there is no way to report them easily. The only way to do so is to download the xbox game bar companion app separately, then go through the process to open their profile, then report them in detail from their.

There BADLY NEEDS to be a much more efficient in game process of doing this. As everyone has a Gamertag account linked to MCC on PC now, you should be able to view said gamer from within the game, like you can view the players in game profile. Then simply report them from there.
This will probably get buried but there is something that has been bugging me for a while now and I would like for it to be resolved. The Title screen Music seems to only play the halo reach soundtrack. It's a great soundtrack but personally not my favourite and many people would agree. Many of us would like to listen to halo 2 or 3 soundtracks as we prepare to drop in. Adding a music selection option for the home screen of MCC would improve the quality of life for many people. Being able to select your favourite halo music as you get hyped to shoot up some Grunts would bring the game up a notch. Please Implement this feature asap because i am starting to get sick of halo reach music.
Most of the main menu music is from H2A.
Most of the main menu music is from H2A.
Which is an even stranger choice. Either have a medley of songs from all the games, or allow us to choose which we want.
<p>
Render distance on players and bots on performance settings is too short in halo 3.
This is in all game modes, but is particularly crippling in pvp and firefight.

Progression, Gate Keeping, and FOMO:
Especially with season 3, the challenges system punishes casual players by locking them out of seasonal unlocks (ENDURE) and weekly Season Points.
It also forces players into modes they may not enjoy in order to stay on top of the weekly SP cap and content.
FOMO and player skill exclusives should only apply to achievements, not content.
I'm willing to put up with exclusive nameplates to an extent.

Mandatory matchmaking/coop in the PVP and PVE challenges:
Matchmaking and mandatory coop are not always fun or feasible.
These challenges will conflict with increased popularity in custom/modded content.
Shrinking matchmaking population means lower quality matches.
Make challenges available in customs and not dependent on matchmaking. Only achievements should need matchmaking.
Add campaign matchmaking as an alternative for coop challenges as well.

Messy and Unfun PVP Matchmaking:
AFK/Quitting is way too common, but a symptom of the problems below.
Punishing quitters will only make it worse.
Instead consider incentives for finishing matches and offering handicaps to badly losing teams in social.
Incentives could include increased XP payouts for increasingly asymmetric matches.
Add spawn protection. End matches/allow free quitting if losing by 30+ points after 3 minutes.
For social modes, its own social playlist or merged with ar starts, consider stat buffs for the losing team while losing by 20+ points (steaktacular).
These could be boosts in damage/speed/health or even immunities as long as the team is losing heavily.
The bonuses could even scale based on how bad the team is losing.
The point is, games are played for fun and advancing progression. If players aren't having fun or gaining progression, they're going to quit.
Fix this by keeping the game engaging and rewarding even when the players are losing.

The primary factor to an enjoyable match is the people you play with and against.
Teamkillers and griefers are way too common.
This can be reduced by disabling friendly fire on players and vehicles occupied by all players on the same team.
This would be for socials or a social playlist variant as proposed above.

Bad Team Skill Balancing:
Skill constraints within and between team are way too lenient. 30 - 70 pt spreads in BTB modes.
Matching solo players against parties further exacerbates this.
These are largely population issues. Crossplay may help, but I'm not holding my breath.
Opt-in Join in progress won't fix why people quit.

Poorly Aged Map Design:
Spawn camping and spawn flipping are too common on the halo 3 maps.
Precision weapons and precision power weapons have way too much presence in social game modes.
WAYONT (Forgeworld) and Standoff (Halo 3) are particularly bad.
Multicog (Sandbox) and Spire should not be part of social BTB.

Please bring back 360 era halo 3 styled veto. Asking the composer once per match to pick another map for us is NOT the same as voting for 1 map on a list.
In fact, this could be a clever way to issue an AFK challenge to players in the lobby.
When the players are cue'd for the session. Pop up a screen mentioning the map, game, and a veto request.
The player can choose yes or no on the veto.
If the player times out on the veto prompt (10 seconds seems a good starting point), then afk boot them and cue up another player.
Already cued players at this point are only issued an afk challenge, not a second veto request.
This could increase the chances of avoiding an undesirable map while potentially avoiding the all Valhalla all the time scenario.
It would also reduce the incidental afkers and eliminate the need for lobby afk booting when searching for players.

Long Cue Times:
Display average cue times for each playlist.
Add an XP multiplier to less populated lists.

Friendly Fire Behavior:
Disabling friendly fire should not allow teammates to destroy vehicles when its passengers are all on the same team.
Likewise, drivers should not be able to splatter friendlies with their vehicles.

Challenge Deck changes:
Make all weekly challenges gold (SP rewarding) until the weekly quota has been reached. then make them blue (still give XP).
It's a quick fix and offers more flexibility for playstyles and skill levels.

4 Weekly decks of 12 instead of 2. PVP, PVE, Hardcore PVP, and Hardcore PVE.
PVP would contain basic accommodation styled challenges. Get X weapon kills, Play X Social Matches.
Hardcore PVP would contain skill based challenges. Wins, Sprees, Multikills, KDRs, competitive match challenges.
PVE would contain basic accommodation styled challenges. Get X weapon kills, kill X enemies on normal, complete X normal missions.
Hardcore PVE would range from the par score challenges and heroic difficulty runs to mini LASO runs (like OG Reach weeklies).
Each deck should still have 12 challenges each if possible.
Like the quick fix above, all challenges should be Gold until the weekly SP quota is reached.

A weekly/seasonal user generated content deck.
Forge/Theater themed challenges.

Challenge Changes:
Boss Ten Strong:
Assists should count. This is a coop mode.
Should apply to any heroic PVE mode.
These changes should also be applied to other kill x enemies challenges in the future.

Endure:
Make this challenge permanent rather than seasonal.
Provide a matchmaking playlist for it as well.
Reward it for beating the challenge in solo under the same settings as a final fall back.
A similar approach should be taken for future vidmaster-esque challenges.

Weekly Season Point Quota:
10SP per week is good as long as you are not behind.
Rollover unearned quotas. Miss a week? The cap next week increases by the amount of SP missed.
Add missed SP from expired uncompleted season challenges to the Weekly SP cap.
Cap returns to 10 once caught up.
Latecomers and returning players would have a way to catch up and keep up with content influx.
Consider this for challenge XP payouts as well, but low priority.

Alternate Unlock Method: Season 0.
Contains items normally locked behind events, seasonals, and other missable or high difficulty challenges.
Can be unlocked in any order regardless of tier, but cost 10SP or more each.
Timed exclusive, they're not available until some time has passed since their regular unlock methods went live.
This eliminates FOMO, increases accessibility, and hopefully still encourages participation in the events and challenges themselves.

Controls:
A toggle setting for dual wielding reloads. Allows double tapping reload primary to reload both weapons.
Add a unique secondary button for activating sprint in reach like we currently have for the jet packs.

Skulls:
For halo 2, please add a score reducing (but not 0x multiplier) secondary skull that removes the mandatory iron skull effect in coop legendary.
</p>
I have a problem with Halo MCC
- When I install Halo 2 Multiplayer, Halo 2 anniversary Multiplayer game keep freeze after 343 logo and then go to black screen no matter what to do(Reinstall, Uninstall, Check the damage file) nothing work
-Season not working since season 2 to this day It's can't be open and have text said "Retrieving" since season 2
- Multiplayer is say waitting for rematch eventhough my last halo multiplayer match is season 1
-Challenge hub giving me nothing (Odst one) I done Odst challenge like "Bug Bomb" and suppose to get Bug skin but when I go to customization in Halo 3 ODST All I have is Rookie and Damage Bug is still lock.

Please I really want to play Halo with my brother
-Nine 14/10/2020
Just lost a game of H3 Grifball on PC because a teammate was intentionally throwing the game by AFKing. I know this was intentional because he was in the text chat mocking us for being upset at him throwing. He even bragged that there was nothing we could do because the game lacked a built-in report function. Please add a report function, so we can combat the plague of de-rankers, AFK-ers, and flat-out cheaters. I have no problem with people being toxic, but when people are actively destroying the gaming experience through tactics such as the ones I've listed, I can't stand it.

Another issue I've been having is frequent connection interrupted issues when playing co-op campaign. My internet and the internet of people I've tried playing with is fine, and we have no issues in multiplayer or any other game. I'm not familiar enough with the server-side of things to know what to recommend, but if there's anything you could do to improve campaign co-op, that would be great.

Thanks for giving us a venue to voice our concerns.
Please tweak or remove Boss Ten Strong. This is a very badly designed challenge that forces the player into a specific gamemode (MM ODST Heroic FF), forces players to compete against other players, and leads to counter-productive behaviours. It offers no choice in how it is completed, and having to fight against other players who are incentivised to hoard power weapons and do everything possible to ensure they get the kills makes it probably the worst challenge in the game.

https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/forums/f3681fbc78fa43878c4aec9a63a46224/topics/boss-ten-strong-is-an-awful-challenge/f6518ee8-f13c-4a43-93d0-fd8082a01108/posts?page=1
Please remove Aim Assist while strafing. In BR/Pistol shootouts controller players are at a huge advantage because they can strafe while maintaining aim easily and in addition the aim assist makes any strafing done by the opposing player pointless. Just disable or reduce aim assist while strafing.
I can't find a game on anything in MCC. Firefight matchmaking on both the Arcade and Heroic for ODST and Reach. Nothing. I tried searching on social with every game type and all halo games selected and couldn't find anything.
I was searching for over 20 mins with no luck.
I can't find a game on anything in MCC. Firefight matchmaking on both the Arcade and Heroic for ODST and Reach. Nothing. I tried searching on social with every game type and all halo games selected and couldn't find anything.
I was searching for over 20 mins with no luck.
An update came out today.After that its been 6 hrs and i still havent found a single game of any type.
MCC HALO GAME: All

- Invasion in social 12 player playlist
- Split-screen on PC
- ODST Flood Firefight and/or nice mod support

Please and thank you
is HALO REACH down right now? CANNOT find a single match... reinstalled the game 3x now.

Hopefully I ain't alone lol.
After the most recent update, I am unable to find games in matchmaking under any settings.

From my reading, I am not alone with this issue. Issue needs clarification or a fix.
I can't find any matches either. I've tried all searches, social and ranked, and nothing found.

Started right after weekly refresh (10/14/20)
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 7
  4. 8
  5. 9
  6. 10
  7. 11
  8. ...
  9. 14