Forums / Games / Halo: The Master Chief Collection (PC)

[Locked] MCC Firefight Feedback

OP Postums

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. ...
  8. 8
Make firefight more rewarding, 8k for a firefight game when i can go into a 5 minute grifball match and earn the exact same amount of points. :(
- Halo: Reach
- Firefight

Put back Firefight Vs. in matchmaking please.
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not post spam.
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not post spam.
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
Halo: Reach

Feedback

I'm sure it's already in the works, but a leaderboard system similar to the one already implemented for the campaign (as in divisible by Global, Friends, etc.; show kills, score, players in the lobby, etc.)
I would love to see this too tbh. That was one of the things I like about halotracker is that I could see how good my scores were for my games and how I ranked with kills/assists, etc... for firefight.
glad so many people are having fun on the pc....I plan to get MCC for the pc soon anyone looking to link up please pm me!!!!!
Needs more playlists
Hello! A lot of people start to appear in the matchmaking wearing already armor or equip too high for their levl. In the chat they used the excuse to be already in season 2. I think that this is some cheat that they found. Please fix this. i cant even report people inside the game.
I think it would be a really cool idea to add Elite Zealots and Field marshals into firefight settings. They're missing and it feels kinda weird, like a waste of variety. Perhaps we could get 2 options like:
1. Zealot Strike Team: Several Zealots supported by a team of Spec-op elites
2. Zealot Kill Team: A full squad of Zealots led by a Field Marshal and supported by an engineer

What do you guys think? The assets are already in the game files right? Since Zealots and Field Marshals are in the campaign.
Is it possible to give Generator Defense a separate playlist from heroic limited? That would probably make firefight much more enjoyable, at least for me. That way it's still an option for other people if they want to play it. I feel like having different game types as playlists would give a lot more variety for firefight in general.

Edit: Spelling
  • MCC HALO GAME: MCC Reach
  • ISSUE/FEEDBACK: Covenant animations not playing out causing them to look jittery like they are dancing while being shot, this problem being most noticeable with hunters and their melee animations, they will hit you without even starting a windup animation and it feels incredibly cheap.
DDBBVV wrote:
Major glitch

Hunters character models seem to get "confused" and can go static as they float around dealing arbitrary damage to things behind/in front of/beside them. Some other players claim to have noticed this as well.

My specs are i5 7th gen, Nvidia 1050ti, 16G ram, SSD memory, Windows 10.
^ THIS!!!!
This game has no microtransactions, so why the hell did you add a relic of the microtransaction business model in the form of battle pass. There was nothing wrong with the old system so why trade it out for a system where the user has no choice in what they unlock, something only profitable to you if you plan on adding microtransactions.
  • MCC HALO GAME: MCC Reach
  • ISSUE/FEEDBACK: Please remove the smiley face emblem from our spartans armor.
Would love to see a new firefight mode, instead of killing the covenant fight hordes of flood. To make it even harder perhaps on the lunch of ODST game have a firefight playing as an ODST fighting hordes of flood.
  • MCC HALO GAME: Halo Reach
  • ISSUE/FEEDBACK: In the latest playlist update, on firefight generator defense, on the bonus round there are now no skulls enabled, such as grunt birthday party, iron, etc. Unsure if this is intentional or is a bug/oversight.
  • REPRO STEPS: Play any match of heroic firefight generator defense.
  • EDIT: This was on the map that you defend halseys lab on, can't remember the name, I just played a round of generator defense on the installation map and It had skulls.
Please bring back Solo Queue for firefight as well as the old gametypes, like Gruntpocalypse, Score Attack, etc.? All the Firefight gametypes are just "everyone has power weapons" and it gets old 5 minutes into a 15 minute match when everything is constantly exploding. And please remove the XP cap, it's just insulting to see you get enough medals to choke a monkey, and you get 8k every time. That's only good for the first few levels. People are not exaggerating that you can play several multiplayer games, get STOMPED on, and still get more XP than a full firefight.

PLEASE allow us to kick AFK people, It's not fair they camp a health pack for around 15 minutes, only running out of cover every now and then to hit 2-3 enemies and go right back inside, and get XP for it. You shouldn't be able to idle for more than a few minutes or something, I remember a system similar to that in Classic Reach.

Allow Map/Game Voting. I like the current system, I really do. I think it's VERY nice that you can binge-play Grifball and SWAT all day, then switch it up to only snipers or infection, but why not let people choose what map they play on? I never know what any of these maps are going to be, and they're either new or from other halo games. Slayer, SWAT, Big Team, etc. should allow you to choose the map types AND gametypes. Maybe I don't wanna keep playing JUST Elite Slayer and DMR Slayer, match after match.It would be a nice change of pace to vote/veto games on certain maps, instead of just loading into "Here, you're doing this now."

Can there be a possibility of "offline"/solo modes (Custom Firefight, Campaign, Forge) adding XP? Even if it's a small amount, like in Classic Reach, that'd be nice. Maybe let it scale with level slightly?
I think firefight should give a tad but more xp because its longer than most games. Also would like to see a legendary option and have 9500 performance, teamwork max and 3300 finish game xp.

Voting system would be nice as me and my buddies like maps with hogs and we can switch in and out gaining teamwork points. Which is great for gaining xp.

It would be nice to see other game modes or objectives within firefight, like capture and hold points and clear and area etc. I think a lot of stuff could go into firefight if you agree and have the resources to do so.

Teammates should not be able to damage vehicles due to just being a poor sport or to meme around, waste of time and xp that could have been gained in teamwork.

Challenges rewarding season points within firefight would be awesome and encourage more people to play firefight instead of mindlessly killing aliens gaining 8k xp performance.

Afk players for some reason is a huge trend now and recently spread to firefight there needs to be a way to kick AFK players out of the game, as they waste lives and end a game quickly due to their poor sportsmanship.

Thanks for bringing my childhood game to pc love it so far looking forward to the future updates

GrumpyDiablo199
Luceena wrote:
Make firefight more rewarding, 8k for a firefight game when i can go into a 5 minute grifball match and earn the exact same amount of points. :(
+1
Agree
Hello! I have compiled a list of various community feedback, that i will post in full elsewhere soon, and I'm sharing parts of that feedback on these forums.
You can see the full list here: https://old.reddit.com/r/halo/comments/e9tubz/mcc_pc_reach_community_feedback_issues_list/?
Here's the feedback that affects firefight of MCC's Halo:Reach, on PC (Stuff already known by 343 is not included) :

• There is no way to walk slowly unless using a gamepad.
  • (Intended?) Vehicles that have a boost option (ghost, wraith), will splatter any enemies when they boost regardless of the actual speed they’re moving at, causing unintuitive deaths.
  • The rocket launcher viewmodel doesn’t have a “put weapon away” animation. While the difference when changing weapons is barely visible, it causes armor abilities such as “Evade” appear broken when used with the weapon. (ticket sent) (mostly noticeable in Rocketfight mode)
  • (Not confirmed) Some players report grunts entering suicide mode too quickly and without the appropriate animation, possibly due to lag.
  • Drop pods on bonus rounds seem unintended, as they sometimes break the “grunts only” or “jackals only” rule for the wave.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. ...
  8. 8