[MCC for PC, Steam version] Ongoing list, editing when I spot something new.
1. Can we PLEASE get a second column of key bindings? This is a standard feature of PC gaming for over a decade. I want to bind both 'mouse wheel up' and 'mouse wheel down' to change weapon. I know there's only two weapons but still... I want to also bind score screen to both 'Tab' and 'Tilde'.
2. Can we please also get a raw mouse input option. I want to directly use my desktop settings.
2. Additionally, I'm seeing feedback from other people that the mouse sensitivity box should allow further decimals for come tuning, ie: X.XX. it currently only works in X.X increments.
3. Can we also please get a native / system gamma setting that uses the desktop one too?
4. Please let us re-bind PTT to something other than 'V', so we can use 'V' for whatever we'd like instead. This is especially important for left handed people.
5. Please allow us to toggle the old school scope/zoom functionality. One click, 5x, second click, 10x, third click, scope cancelled. This magnify zoom just feels wrong to those of us who are used to the console style, and it's being forced upon us. I'm actually getting used to it but I still think it should give players the choice of the old style they prefer.
6. Please, PLEASE fix the audio. Why did the game launch with such a HUGE issue? Audio is a COLOSSAL part of any gaming experience. Gunshots should have 'oomph'. Transitions should blend. "The new codec didn't work correctly" isn't an excuse. I dunno, but everything just sounds so compressed and muddy... Guns are the worst, they sound muted and muffled, like the weapon is behind a door when being fired.
7. Why can Text Chat also not be rebound? And while you're at it, why not create TWO text chat channels? One for 'Team-Only', the other for 'All'? Literally EVERY PC shooter in the past 20 years has had separate in-game chat channels for Team and All. It means if I want to type something only to my team, I'm S.O.L. without a Mic.
8. By extension of the above point, you may as well allow two different push-to-talk bindings; one for Team, the other for All.
9. Please don't unlock all campaign missions by default. It's just stupid. Make it so people have to progress to unlock them, as it should be.
10. Please provide actual graphical customisation, rather than just 'normal' and 'enhanced'. I'm talking real sliders and detail level controls, like EVERY PC game has had for the past, 20-25 years? This allows people to reduce effects that they find visually nauseous or distracting, and/or optimise the game to find a sweet spot between performance and visuals. Due to the different nature of PC hardware (as opposed to consoles which use unified hardware per system) people need the flexibility to tweak.
11. As above, but we need more audio customisation too. At bare minimum there should be the option to choose input device, switch between stereo/5.1/7/.1 etc. This is a standard feature of PC gaming for decades. I also would LOVE an option to disable audio when the game is minimised. Basically every PC game for decades has let you disable background audio, say when you're tabbed out watching a movie or looking up something online.
12. Please make the crouch button, if pressed while moving, auto-slow us to the maximum speed you can normally move at while crouched, and also crouch in the same fluid motion. This is a feature the Gearbox port of CE has had on PC for years, and also, yet ANOTHER standard feature of PC shooters. Furthermore, if we hold the Crouch key and THEN stop moving while the crouch key is still held, it STILL won't crouch until we release and re-press the key. I get that THIS is like it was on console, but it feels bad on PC like this.
13. Extension of the above -- PLEASE add a walk key. Typically I bind Left Alt (held down) to walk. Currently Reach on PC has ABSOLUTELY NO way you can walk. Walking on console is as simple as pushing the control stick forward slightly. On PC it's either 'run' or 'stand still'. Walking has two benefits:
a. It makes you invisible to motion trackers.
b. Machinima content creators and role-players use it all the time.
14. Please, if the centered crosshair is being used, lower the viewmodels for each weapon, then angle them up slightly to compensate. Don't pull a Destiny and block 1/3rd of the screen just because people wanted a raised crosshair. Better yet, consider adding sliders to let players manually X/Y offset the viewmodel (up to a specified limit).
15. For menus, please make WASD act just like the arrow keys -- so we can navigate the MCC menus with WASD. Nobody uses the arrow keys on PC to navigate the menus. Nobody. I know we can click, but sometimes it's nice to use the keyboard.
*Edit* A and D sometimes work, such as for changing a setting that has <> arrows, like FPS limit. But W and S don't work. When I'm on the choose a map screen, D instead opens the options and career screen. Why is it so Inconsistent??
16. When picking a multiplayer map when creating a game, if I move the mouse cursor over the 'scroll right arrow' to cycle the map scroller, the 'my game session' pane pops out far too aggressively, so it's often accidentally pulled out when the player's actual intention is to click a button.
17. BUG. Binding Mouse 1 to vehicle function 1 keybind prevents use of a vehicle's weapons. Completely. Even if you bind every vehicle function to a different key, the weapons cannot be used at all no matter what key you try. The same bug persists if you bind Mouse 2 to Vehicle function 2 -- completely locks the key out of doing anything. I assume Vehicle Function 3 suffers the same fate.
18. Can we please have more tracks added to the main menu than the... 2 or 3 there are? It's SO repetitive. Halo has this HUGE repertoire of tracks to pick from, but you pulled your punches big time. Why?
19. I have subtitles switched on but they only seem to show during cutscenes. In-game NPC chatter from my allies (you know, scripted, during missions)? No subtitles. Intended?
20. I'm playing campaign by myself, yet I get a pop up which pauses the game, telling me I've lost connection to Xbox Live and to click OK? Happened mid-fight on Legendary. Annoying, and utterly pointless. Does Reach on PC even use Xbox Live?
21. Please add numerical ping values next to, or instead of, the coloured latency bars in multiplayer.
22. Add more EU server support because EU players are constantly getting put on US servers. Also consider adding an option so players can specify regions they're not prepared to queue for. Some folk would rather wait longer for a more stable game than join a sooner game if it's across the world from them.
23. A dedicated server list is a MUST for a PC game.
Most of this list are just minor gripes, BUT the audio issue is the absolute enjoyment sapper on the list. It's even worse if i play with headphones. Audio sounds awfully compressed, like it's coming from behind a pillow. I may as well not have headphones on, and just use a smartphone speaker instead. This should 100% be your priority to get fixed.