Forums / Games / Halo: The Master Chief Collection (PC)

[Locked] MCC Misc/Other Feedback

OP Postums

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 10
  4. 11
  5. 12
  6. 13
  7. 14
  8. ...
  9. 29
  • MCC HALO GAME: Halo Reach (Steam)
  • ISSUE/FEEDBACK: THIS IS A MAJOR ISSUE!! This game does not update career stats properly. I wrote down the kills and deaths I have on my career stats from multiplayer and proceeded to play two games and recorded the stats, I had 21 kills and 4 deaths on both games and updated my career stats manually, but when I reset the game so the career stats get updated on my profile(it should automatically but that's another issue) they did not reflect what I had gotten from the two games I played, instead my kill count was 1 less than it should be and somehow got 33 extra unaccounted deaths that are somehow now on my record (may I remind you I only had 8 deaths altogether but the stats got updated as if I had 41 deaths).
There is horrible TAA ghosting/blur happening at all framerates. I don't know if it is motion blur or an ancient form of TAA, but it only happens with objects and foliage, it doesn't occur on terrain or static buildings. When locking fps to 60 it is not so bad, but when between 60-144 fps it is so bad it gives me a headache.

When you and another character are both moving at the same pace in the same direction (while you look at them, strafing), you won't see it. This is indicative of a TAA issue and not blur. When you look at them and walk past each other at in opposite direction or simply circle a stationary character, it is really noticeable.

I'm running a 144hz 1440p monitor using gsync. It is also present when disabling gsync and forcing 4K or 1080p, even when locked at 30, 90, or 120 fps (all tested). You can see the still frames don't show it (with video paused), so this is effect alternating between frames, causing the ghosting, seemingly not blur. You can only really see it when you video capture at over 60fps.

120fps capture examples here:
https://halo343.zendesk.com/attachments/token/4RHmpeqeuoAAkKVA4fWZCbUS1/?name=vlc-record-2019-12-05-22h49m46s-2019-12-05_22-47-34.mkv-.mp4
https://halo343.zendesk.com/attachments/token/hykA2OkQhu1JXd3iGP3GebdVA/?name=vlc-record-2019-12-05-22h38m11s-vlc-record-2019-12-05-22h33m58s-2019-12-05_22-26-07.mkv-.mp4-.mp4
Oh Thomas wrote:
  • ISSUE/FEEDBACK: THIS IS A MAJOR ISSUE!! This game does not update career stats properly. I wrote down the kills and deaths I have on my career stats from multiplayer and proceeded to play two games and recorded the stats, I had 21 kills and 4 deaths on both games and updated my career stats manually, but when I reset the game so the career stats get updated on my profile(it should automatically but that's another issue) they did not reflect what I had gotten from the two games I played, instead my kill count was 1 less than it should be and somehow got 33 extra unaccounted deaths that are somehow now on my record (may I remind you I only had 8 deaths altogether but the stats got updated as if I had 41 deaths).
Just did another test, here's some pics for proof (fresh game start, took pics of career stats and played 1 game, took pic of the game results, restarted the game and took pic of career stats again):
Stats before: https://imgur.com/Dum6gFY
Game stats: https://imgur.com/du2XiPg
Stats after: https://imgur.com/yeWyHTc
as you can clearly see 6,284 + 6 != 6,316
FIX THIS PLEASE, HOW IS THIS EVEN AN ISSUE?!
Suggestion
  • Add the option for Discord overlay. Rather annoying doing alt + tab to get to
  • Add map voting to multiplayer
  • Allow the option to see other player's Spartans in lobbies in matchmaking
    • On that note, allow player service records, challenges, armory unlock percentages to be displayed like in the original Halo: Reach
  • Allow Reach Service tags in Reach multiplayer
  • Use of Mouse Button 3 to swap weapons
  • Decrease the time it takes to swap weapons with Allies in Campaign
  • Add the Pelican's gun back in Long Night of Solace (Unless it is there still and got blown up and I didn't see it)
  • Add the option to view friends in game, like in the original Halo: Reach
  • Add an option for open mic (unless it's there and I didn't see it)
MCC HALO GAME: Steam Halo Reach
ISSUE/FEEDBACK: The Classic completion Achievement will not unlock. I completed the mission Exodus twice without using any armor abilities once on Normal and once on Heroic but the achievement is still locked.
REPRO STEPS: Completing Exodus without any armor abilities doesn't unlock the Classic Completion achievement.
ADITIONAL INFO: The achievement appears to be unlocked on my Xbox One so it just doesn't seem to unlock on Steam.
Oh Thomas wrote:
Oh Thomas wrote:
Just did another test, here's some pics for proof (fresh game start, took pics of career stats and played 1 game, took pic of the game results, restarted the game and took pic of career stats again):
Stats before: https://imgur.com/Dum6gFY
Game stats: https://imgur.com/du2XiPg
Stats after: https://imgur.com/yeWyHTc
as you can clearly see 6,284 + 6 != 6,316FIX THIS PLEASE, HOW IS THIS EVEN AN ISSUE?!
  • ADDITIONAL INFO: TO FIX THIS BUG UPDATE THE KILL COUNT ON CAREER STATS EQUAL TO THE CURRENT KILL COUNT + KILL COUNT VARIABLE + 1 AND UPDATE THE DEATH COUNT EQUAL TO THE CURRENT DEATH COUNT + THE DEATH COUNT VARIABLE, NOT THE KILL COUNT VARIABLE + 1.
I wasn't aware there was a feedback forum for this game before I sent that issue ticket, but oh well, since you guys directed me here, I'm gonna repeat what I said previously. This is in misc because it applies to the MCC as a whole.

• MCC HALO GAME: Reach (I assume this would apply to any game)
  • ISSUE/FEEDBACK: Unable to mix controller and keyboard/mouse inputs. Controller input disables mouse input, and vice-versa. Also, having a controller active alongside the mouse causes some nasty issues in the main menus. Fairly easy to reproduce, I think.
As someone who likes to use the Steam Controller and experiment with controller/mouse hybrid setups (left-handed flight stick, Playstation Move Navigation Controller, etc), I tried testing such a setup in the PC MCC, and I was immediately disappointed to discover that controller input disables mouse input, and vice-versa, meaning I have to either give up mouse aiming (or mouse-like aiming) or give up analog movement. This also reduces the viability of gyro control setups using the Switch Pro and Dualshock 4 controllers. Considering how Steam Input is highlighting PC games that don't play well with mixed inputs, it's frustrating seeing yet another PC port commit the same error.

Someone has mentioned to me that hybrid setups could be an issue for controller-only matchmaking (if you plan to implement cross-platform multiplayer), but the easy solution there is just to disable mouse input and allow only stick aiming. In general, hybrid setups aren't gonna provide a massive advantage when keyboard+mouse is available, it's just for fun, and for some people, comfort.
The Sense of Player Diversification of Their Profile
(Everyone wants to stand out, but simple things can go a long way!)

Remove avatars, replace them with the original character showcase from reach/3! It's a better way to show off your time investment in the game and when the other games roll around on PC you can add a 'preferred display character" for people to see when they click your tag.

Also, have the borders of your username be based on your character color for the game playlist youre currently in to diversify what we're seeing in the lobbies and just in general let us feel like we have more control in what our profiles look like, the original had this so I think it should too!

Flaws in Menu Design
(It looks great but we need a small bit more functionality to bring it together ^_^!)

Stop booting people out of the menu/settings when in a lobby upon players being found, use a popup with a subtle accompanying sound instead to let people know they need to hurry with their setting finalization!

More video/audio customization. I shouldn't have to dig through my Windows 10 audio settings to figure out how to get the game to recognize my mic/headphones as the default game audio devices, this has prevented alot of people from using voice chat due to them thinking it just doesnt work!

Playlist's and Gamemodes
(Things people might like to see from a social and competitive perspective)
Invasion for social and atleast one 'hardcore' competitive mode with bloom enabled, maybe add the opposite for a social game mode so less competitive people can have fun too.

Add a system to allow players to decide on what map/gametype before game start. Don't go as far as Reach's 'vote system' adding too much player agency here can make people always do the one thing they're most comfortable with, instead the Halo 3 "Veto" system is preferred due to it not allowing you to directly pick a map!

MCC Going Forward
(This is a good start, always remember to be in tune with direction and the community itself)

Server browser for people hosting custom games (make it clear who is p2p and a server, do not have them appear on the browser by default unless an option is ticked)

Season 2: A good start for new content is probably armor designs from any old bungie art books that never ended up in a game, possible variation of the original master chief armor back when Halo CE was going to be a MAC game. From there bringing over armors from Halo 3 would be perfect. (Please don't forget about our mandibled friends from space?)

A clear, easy to find, and easy to use file share website. I think this is by far the most important thing for the longevity of the game, with how the lobbies are built rn its much harder to look at peoples file shares individually now than it was at the original launch so I think this should be the first thing worked on.

Treat the community somewhat like an investor, if there's a big change or idea coming, tell the community about it with a detailed slice of what it'd be like so we can give feedback. Flaws aren't always easy to see from the perspective of its creator.
Quando sono in partita online, quando sblocco un obiettivo, nel nomento che lo sblocco, lo schermo mi appare nero per 2 secondi, per poi ritornare al gameplay, questo è molto fastidioso, sono morto 2 volte perché mentre lo schermo era nero, un avversario mi ha ucciso
Ps: non so se lo fa anche sulla campagna, non ho mai sbloccato obiettivi giocando alla campagna su pc siccome l'ho giocata su xbox 360 all'epoca
I'll be honest, it doesn't really feel like Reach when I load it up. It feels like i'm playing like a mini-game within what you really want me to buy. I just want to play Reach with Reach's Menu, Armor unlocks, Level system and matchmaking. I don't think its fair to release a beloved game like Reach with only the GAMEPLAY. I need to feel like im sitting in my mom's basement after school, getting ready to play for 6 hours straight. Bring back the Menu, Bring back credits and level progression. Bring back Reach back for real or not at all... Its literally just a skin for MCC LOL
MCC HALO GAME: Reach, PC
It'd be great to have another slider for viewmodel FOV within the game, viewmodels take up quite a lot of screen-space. I'd love additional crosshair settings too. I come from the Team Fortress community and these things have drastically improved that game, as the viewmodels used to take up a lot of room before Valve introduced a 'minimised viewmodel' feature. Would be pretty cool if you could manipulate aspects of the HUD too in the long run. These additions would help people fine-tune their game a lot more and be a great help to people wanting to take matches seriously, and hopefully build a competitive scene in the PC Halo realm now it's back in action.
New Armor Unlock System is Sub-Par: An Opinion

Hi Spartans. Hi 343. I hope you're watching the forums.

While I appreciate bringing in a new way to unlock armor pieces via Season Points, the XP required per level, to me, is a bit on the high end. I commend trying something new, but I feel as though the original way you unlocked armor, with levels and credits, was a superior system and a lot more fun. I don't mind the new system. However, I feel as though you should limit the season tree to new/unique pieces of armor that we either haven't seen before, or fill it with the more exotic armor pieces, like the ones with robotic arms and such. Or, have them be variants of current armors with different paint patters etc.

All in all, I'm loving the game; I haven't had this much fun or laughed so hard in a very long time. Sticking myself on All Voice chat and getting an enemy player to hop on my Warthog gunner seat has never looked so beautiful and felt so fun.

Can't wait to play the rest of the Halo series on PC, and I hope to god the rest of the installments are as well optimized as Reach, because I would hate to be limited by my systems specs.
As you guys mentioned sound goes completely off when using Bluetooth headphones.
kinda strange but when I go offline I can use my Bluetooth headphones in-game. The issue occurs for me only when I’m online in-game.
been loving reach on windows so far, but is there any news of MacOS and Linux support? (on steam)
been loving reach on windows so far, but is there any news of MacOS and Linux support? (on steam)
If you use GloriousEggroll's custom version of Proton he has a patch up that lets you play the game: https://github.com/GloriousEggroll/proton-ge-custom/releases
This DOESN'T get around the anti-cheat though, so when using this you'll need to play with it disabled (the launch option on Steam).
chat cant be turned off, one guy can spam 23 other players with a blurry 1/4 of their screen
griffball has AFK players farming XP for the crappy unlock system, or people running looping macros to swing hammer, move forward EDIT: I just played five games, four with AFK players, one of them had a team of 3 AFK players..... fix this -Yoink-, its unplayable.
names use the old xbox system not the new one, so everyone has numbers in the name despite not needing them anymore
servers tickrate is too low, grifball results in 80% trade kills for me
griffball spawnraping is a thing, you can sit on their spawn and kill them before then can swing their hammer, stopping two spawn points per player if done right
petty issue but can you PLEASE either get emblems displaying correctly in game or disable them completely?
It's going to drive me nuts when we get theater.
There is horrible TAA ghosting/blur happening at all framerates. I don't know if it is motion blur or an ancient form of TAA, but it only happens with objects and foliage, it doesn't occur on terrain or static buildings. When locking fps to 60 it is not so bad, but when between 60-144 fps it is so bad it gives me a headache.

When you and another character are both moving at the same pace in the same direction (while you look at them, strafing), you won't see it. This is indicative of a TAA issue and not blur. When you look at them and walk past each other at in opposite direction or simply circle a stationary character, it is really noticeable.

I'm running a 144hz 1440p monitor using gsync. It is also present when disabling gsync and forcing 4K or 1080p, even when locked at 30, 90, or 120 fps (all tested). You can see the still frames don't show it (with video paused), so this is effect alternating between frames, causing the ghosting, seemingly not blur. You can only really see it when you video capture at over 60fps.

120fps capture examples here:
https://halo343.zendesk.com/attachments/token/4RHmpeqeuoAAkKVA4fWZCbUS1/?name=vlc-record-2019-12-05-22h49m46s-2019-12-05_22-47-34.mkv-.mp4
https://halo343.zendesk.com/attachments/token/hykA2OkQhu1JXd3iGP3GebdVA/?name=vlc-record-2019-12-05-22h38m11s-vlc-record-2019-12-05-22h33m58s-2019-12-05_22-26-07.mkv-.mp4-.mp4
I have this issue as well with AMD graphics hardware and a 240hz monitor. The only ones who have no idea what we are talking about seem to be the ones with low refresh monitors (60hz), and that's most likely because of the engine and the fps cap option.
Will there be any future option to move vehicle directional controls to the keyboard, rather than mouse only? Using the mouse for steering is incredibly unnatural for me, coming from games like MWO and Planetside 2.
5. Please allow us to toggle the old school scope/zoom functionality. One click, 5x, second click, 10x, third click, scope cancelled. This magnify zoom just feels wrong to those of us who are used to the console style, and it's being forced upon us. I'm actually getting used to it but I still think it should give players the choice of the old style they prefer.

The toggle zoom worked as One click, 5x, the second click, 10x, third click, scope cancelled on Halo CE PC and Halo 2 Vista. Not only does it feel weird for people coming from console but it's so awkward coming from older Halo PC titles to have to press a separate key to enter the second zoom level.

343i did you play any other of the halo PC titles?
Judging by the default mappings in halo 5 forge and Halo Reach PC ya didn't.

If you did zoom would be mapped to mouse 3 (scroll wheel click) as a 3 state toggle instead of mouse 2 (right-click) with a 2 state toggle and third button to enter 10x zoom.

Please Just copy halo 2's or Halo CE's button mapping options and defaults. No need to re-invent the wheel - halo PC key mappings have already been worked out by Gearbox and MS Studios who actually understood and had experience with PC controls.

Halo 2V Manual
http://h2v.halomaps.org/index.cfm?pg=3&fid=2142

Halo CE PC Controlls Manual
https://halo.bungie.net/images/games/halopc/halopc_manual_en.pdf
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 10
  4. 11
  5. 12
  6. 13
  7. 14
  8. ...