Hello! I have compiled a list of various community feedback, that i will post in full elsewhere soon, and I'm sharing parts of that feedback on these forums.
You can see the full list here: https://old.reddit.com/r/halo/comments/e9tubz/mcc_pc_reach_community_feedback_issues_list/?
Here's the feedback for various things of MCC's Halo:Reach, on PC (Stuff already known by 343 is not included) :User Interface
- No way to see the Player's armor in lobby (Ideally armor would be shown the same way it was in reach. Automatically show the armor player equipped for the game that the current lobby runs. If the lobby is multi-game, show Player's preferred armor, which would be a setting chosen in profile)
- 343 Should Add an icon in lobbies that shows if the player uses Keyboard and Mouse or Gamepad, Same way Gta 5 does it. Preferably it should be toggleable, instead of always being shown.
- (Bug) In customization menu, when your spartan model loads in, it loads in a T-Pose and then blends into the idle, instead of loading in the idle itself. Best seen when using the “Preferred species” menu. (Ticket Sent)
- Players can't see the requirement to unlock profile avatars or nameplates after unlocking them.
- 1)Sometimes the “back” button is not present on certain screens, forcing the player to use ESC.
- 1.1)It might not be that certain screens are glitched, but that the button is removed on purpose when matchmaking is connecting you to other players. The button should be greyed out, instead of disappearing.
- When reading the player details in a post-match report, its easy for players to get confused because of how the text is laid out. ("Tool of destruction", "killed most", and "killed most by" entries are intuitively read in the wrong order. I would post an example image but I don't think i have the right to post links.)
- The ability to scroll between tiers on the Season pass screen by pressing Q or E is not mentioned in any way. Button prompts should be added.
- Stats don't seem to be recorded. Looking at profiles of other players, they appear as if they never played, unless you're looking at a post-match screen. The stats show fine for the player themselves, though.
- Matchmaking - The game should use other wording when denying the search because the party member has a cooldown for leaving a match. “Banned” is too strong of a word.
- If you mouse over “my game session” quickly and click someone’s name quicker than the menu extends fully (the menu extending fully is marked by “my game session” box starting to pulsate blue slowly), then the click will be lost and you’ll have to click a second time to bring up the player options.
- The achievements menu in MCC Uses the Xbox Live Account info to determine the language in which the achievements are shown, and not the MCC language setting. It’s a problem considering how hard it is to change your language setting in Xbox Live. (Requiring to change your country in payment information that you provide) (ticket sent)
- Names in game chat are the same color regardless of what team the players are on, making the experience more confusing than it should be.
- In custom games, Forge world is the last map on the list. As the most popular map for custom (Forged) maps, it should be first for convenience.
- The arrow to switch to different maps in custom lobby is very close to the right side of screen where your profiles are. It’s easy to accidentally pull that menu when trying to click the arrow.
- Choosing Maps is not PC friendly. (a list of all maps instead of 5 gigantic buttons is preferable)
- Sometimes players fail to join a lobby for no reason, or have problems, like player A can join the lobby of player B, but not the other way around.
1)No EXP gain for campaign, custom MP games, custom Firefight games discourages players from returning to those modes.
1.1)Even if EXP gains in those modes need to be nerfed significantly, such as having daily caps, mission caps, or awarding EXP based on time spent and not performance, it would still be an improvement over getting literally nothing.
1.2)While Daily and weekly challenges would help with the problem somewhat, and im sure those will be added in the future, being rewarded for simply playing is still the preferred solution.
2) The players want 343 to take a second look at EXP gains, such as what gamemodes give what base EXP, how much certain medals grant in terms of EXP, and EXP Caps for matches. In general, players find it easy at times to hit the cap for performance, while it being quite difficult to hit even close to the cap for teamwork.
3) It might be a problem that players that choose to play 1v1 slayer basically rid themselves of half of their EXP gain, as it is very hard to gain Teamwork points when playing alone.
- Progression does not achieve the desired goals (Players have no say in what they unlock and in what order)
- Progression system feels disingenuous (Why call it “seasons” if it has nothing to do with seasons, and the first season will be available even after the second one is released)
- Progression system needs to change, the sooner the better (If it's fixed in later seasons, it means that even years from now new players will have to suffer the current, flawed first season to unlock reach content)
- (Wasn’t Tested Yet) Apparently, because you would not get unlock points after finishing season 1 (until the next season arrives), and because the EXP requirement to level up gets reset (therefore, lowered) after you prestige (Each 30 levels or so your MCC rank goes back to rookie and the background image behind the rank changes), It would be a beneficial strategy to prestige before the next season hits, then stop playing, so that you stay at rookie, and then when the season 2 hits you can progress through the battlepass faster than others, because the first few levels you would need very little EXP to level up and gain unlock points.
- The players want better control over their Video settings, three presets are not enough.
- Customization - Customization system of MCC does not support Reach and Halo 3 armor emblems, defaulting the emblem on the armor regardless of your choice.
Possible solutions: either disable armor emblems fully, or separate the emblems for MCC profile from Armor, allowing players to have custom emblems for each game that are supported by that game’s armor.
- Perhaps 343 should consider locking certain clan tags to prevent abuse (Not only various slurs, but also preventing players from posing as developers)