Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo: The Master Chief Collection (PC)

[Locked] MCC Misc/Other Feedback

OP Postums

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 17
  4. 18
  5. 19
  6. 20
  7. 21
  8. ...
  9. 29
KD BUG ???
I am literally going positive every single game but for some reason the gap between my kills and deaths is getting smaller... not farther apart. I am going atleast +10 every game so it doesn't make any sense.
<p></p>
GAME: Halo reach mcc pc.
ISSUE: Stuttering in all parts of the game. More frequent in campaign.
REPRO: Play campaign, MP or firefight and the game will sometimes stutter randomly.
ADDITIONAL INFO: Stutter seems to be completely random. Sometimes its about once a minute, other times it's constant. Sometimes it goes away for a bit then comes back. It really kills immersion.

I'm concerned for this game's future. Christmas is coming so there probably won't be any ETA on a patch until the new year. Even then, I'm worried that the game's issues are going to be forgotten. A lot of other people are having other problems too such as audio, matchmaking issues, and tons of players are quitting due to controller aim assist. This doesn't bother me personally but I still want an active player base.

Hopefully a developer actually reads this. We need patches. I get that it takes time but more communication would be nice. Even just "were still working on it" would be better than nothing. I'm probably being unreasonable to expect patches this early on. I just want the best for halo pc.
Feedback / anoyed./ Suggestion.

The game does not support a keybind for voice chat on a Xbox controller...

Id love the option to "open" microphone
If people find u annoying u Just get muted🤷‍♂️
But it will improve gameplay in the form of communication.

Id love a way to select the player in a game (scoarboard) and not only be able to mute someone. But also go to his/hers xbl profile
For ex. Invites to a party, adding friends etc..
<p></p>
GAME: Halo reach mcc pc.
ISSUE: Stuttering in all parts of the game. More frequent in campaign.
REPRO: Play campaign, MP or firefight and the game will sometimes stutter randomly.
ADDITIONAL INFO: Stutter seems to be completely random. Sometimes its about once a minute, other times it's constant. Sometimes it goes away for a bit then comes back. It really kills immersion.

I'm concerned for this game's future. Christmas is coming so there probably won't be any ETA on a patch until the new year. Even then, I'm worried that the game's issues are going to be forgotten. A lot of other people are having other problems too such as audio, matchmaking issues, and tons of players are quitting due to controller aim assist. This doesn't bother me personally but I still want an active player base.

Hopefully a developer actually reads this. We need patches. I get that it takes time but more communication would be nice. Even just "were still working on it" would be better than nothing. I'm probably being unreasonable to expect patches this early on. I just want the best for halo pc.
Have u checked ur taskmaniger . U could be out of recources
  • MCC HALO GAME: Reach/General MCC (Steam)
  • ISSUE/FEEDBACK:
  1. Either allow simultaneous Mouse and Controller (and an option to lock button prompt to controller so it won't keep changing), or add offical Steam Controller/Steam Input support, this could also allow using your own custom control scheme on controller, none of the current control schemes are exactly what I'd like.
  2. Add an extra option to the subtitle option for in game speech too
  3. Add resolution scales above 100% for downsampling
  4. Allow for sprint to be bound separately to other armour abilities, so I could have Shift for sprint and Q for everything else
  5. In-game server browser for custom games
  6. Mod menu for maps, etc and in general more mod friendly for SP and Customs. The SP side allowing something like the Halo Reach Evolved mod as a separate option to standard Halo Reach.
  7. Separate graphics settings instead a single Graphics Quality option
  8. Easier way to see what my total time is for campaign and what each IL is for that difficulty (The Top 5 Friends: Speed Run section never shows my own unless I click the it) this would help for the Pedrogas achievement
  9. Adjust viewmodels when using centered crosshair options, the previously mentioned Halo Reach Evolved mod has nice viewmodels for centered crosshairs imo, being closer to that or having sliders to adjust them manually would be nice
  10. Nameplate for completing Reach LASO
  11. Show what the unlock requirements were for unlocked nameplates
Just some feedback I've thought of, overall I'm loving the experience, but there's just a few things I'd like to see
The achievement sync between Xbox MCC and Steam MCC isnt working properly. It unlocked 51 of my 291 earned Xbox achievements at launch for steam.
I am hoping it's just because the other games haven't shipped yet. Mine is a 71. And on xbox I had 661 unlocked :/
Hello! I have compiled a list of various community feedback, that i will post in full elsewhere soon, and I'm sharing parts of that feedback on these forums.
You can see the full list here: https://old.reddit.com/r/halo/comments/e9tubz/mcc_pc_reach_community_feedback_issues_list/?
Here's the feedback for various things of MCC's Halo:Reach, on PC (Stuff already known by 343 is not included) :
User Interface
  • No way to see the Player's armor in lobby (Ideally armor would be shown the same way it was in reach. Automatically show the armor player equipped for the game that the current lobby runs. If the lobby is multi-game, show Player's preferred armor, which would be a setting chosen in profile)
  • 343 Should Add an icon in lobbies that shows if the player uses Keyboard and Mouse or Gamepad, Same way Gta 5 does it. Preferably it should be toggleable, instead of always being shown.
  • (Bug) In customization menu, when your spartan model loads in, it loads in a T-Pose and then blends into the idle, instead of loading in the idle itself. Best seen when using the “Preferred species” menu. (Ticket Sent)
  • Players can't see the requirement to unlock profile avatars or nameplates after unlocking them.
  • 1)Sometimes the “back” button is not present on certain screens, forcing the player to use ESC.
  • 1.1)It might not be that certain screens are glitched, but that the button is removed on purpose when matchmaking is connecting you to other players. The button should be greyed out, instead of disappearing.
  • When reading the player details in a post-match report, its easy for players to get confused because of how the text is laid out. ("Tool of destruction", "killed most", and "killed most by" entries are intuitively read in the wrong order. I would post an example image but I don't think i have the right to post links.)
  • The ability to scroll between tiers on the Season pass screen by pressing Q or E is not mentioned in any way. Button prompts should be added.
  • Stats don't seem to be recorded. Looking at profiles of other players, they appear as if they never played, unless you're looking at a post-match screen. The stats show fine for the player themselves, though.
  • Matchmaking - The game should use other wording when denying the search because the party member has a cooldown for leaving a match. “Banned” is too strong of a word.
  • If you mouse over “my game session” quickly and click someone’s name quicker than the menu extends fully (the menu extending fully is marked by “my game session” box starting to pulsate blue slowly), then the click will be lost and you’ll have to click a second time to bring up the player options.
  • The achievements menu in MCC Uses the Xbox Live Account info to determine the language in which the achievements are shown, and not the MCC language setting. It’s a problem considering how hard it is to change your language setting in Xbox Live. (Requiring to change your country in payment information that you provide) (ticket sent)
  • Names in game chat are the same color regardless of what team the players are on, making the experience more confusing than it should be.
Lobbies
  • In custom games, Forge world is the last map on the list. As the most popular map for custom (Forged) maps, it should be first for convenience.
  • The arrow to switch to different maps in custom lobby is very close to the right side of screen where your profiles are. It’s easy to accidentally pull that menu when trying to click the arrow.
  • Choosing Maps is not PC friendly. (a list of all maps instead of 5 gigantic buttons is preferable)
  • Sometimes players fail to join a lobby for no reason, or have problems, like player A can join the lobby of player B, but not the other way around.
Level Progression
1)No EXP gain for campaign, custom MP games, custom Firefight games discourages players from returning to those modes.
1.1)Even if EXP gains in those modes need to be nerfed significantly, such as having daily caps, mission caps, or awarding EXP based on time spent and not performance, it would still be an improvement over getting literally nothing.
1.2)While Daily and weekly challenges would help with the problem somewhat, and im sure those will be added in the future, being rewarded for simply playing is still the preferred solution.

2) The players want 343 to take a second look at EXP gains, such as what gamemodes give what base EXP, how much certain medals grant in terms of EXP, and EXP Caps for matches. In general, players find it easy at times to hit the cap for performance, while it being quite difficult to hit even close to the cap for teamwork.
3) It might be a problem that players that choose to play 1v1 slayer basically rid themselves of half of their EXP gain, as it is very hard to gain Teamwork points when playing alone.

Customization Progression
  • Progression does not achieve the desired goals (Players have no say in what they unlock and in what order)
  • Progression system feels disingenuous (Why call it “seasons” if it has nothing to do with seasons, and the first season will be available even after the second one is released)
  • Progression system needs to change, the sooner the better (If it's fixed in later seasons, it means that even years from now new players will have to suffer the current, flawed first season to unlock reach content)
  • (Wasn’t Tested Yet) Apparently, because you would not get unlock points after finishing season 1 (until the next season arrives), and because the EXP requirement to level up gets reset (therefore, lowered) after you prestige (Each 30 levels or so your MCC rank goes back to rookie and the background image behind the rank changes), It would be a beneficial strategy to prestige before the next season hits, then stop playing, so that you stay at rookie, and then when the season 2 hits you can progress through the battlepass faster than others, because the first few levels you would need very little EXP to level up and gain unlock points.
OTHER
  • The players want better control over their Video settings, three presets are not enough.
  • Customization - Customization system of MCC does not support Reach and Halo 3 armor emblems, defaulting the emblem on the armor regardless of your choice.
    Possible solutions: either disable armor emblems fully, or separate the emblems for MCC profile from Armor, allowing players to have custom emblems for each game that are supported by that game’s armor.
  • Perhaps 343 should consider locking certain clan tags to prevent abuse (Not only various slurs, but also preventing players from posing as developers)
No matter how positive I go in a game my kill and deaths are always like 20 kills apart from each other. I literally go like plus 40 in griffball, log out and then log back in, and my kills and deaths go up but they are still not accurate... anyone know why this is happening?
  • MCC HALO GAME: Reach PC, potentially others on PC port
  • FEEDBACK: Allow players to drop weapon Vmodels lower on screen. I prefer to play in modern crosshair mode, but there's a glaring issue with the weapon Vmodels hogging the screen hardcore, especially during reloads. This is less prevalent in lowered crosshair mode, but I don't want to have to play that way just to have some more visibility.
  • ADDITIONAL INFO:
    Good hand and weapon position: https://i.gyazo.com/d5f9740fb028d195b441649e42082c1a.jpg
    Bad: https://i.gyazo.com/7359095eaff1776816789be897050940.jpg
I know that full modding support, if implemented, will be worked on after halo 4's release. However, I think there's some QOL modding support that could be done now that could make things a little easier while we wait for full mod support.

My main suggestion is a map folder in Documents. This folder could be accessible to both the Steam and Windows Store versions, and would allow you to drop maps in and access them from an ingame 'modded level' option, under Campaign/Custom Games/Custom Firefight. I think it'd be really cool, cause then it removes the risk of file modification.

something like this: https://feen.us/965ily.png
I do not know a lot about computers can someone recommend me one to play reach on a HD?
Zombie3153 wrote:
setting up MCC to use the legacy xbox name format instead of the new one implemented 6 months ago is an absolutely bizarre choice... The numbers that are intended to be hidden should be hidden
Totally
TuuMilk wrote:
MCC PC REACHMENUS:-Under Career->Stats-> Matchmaking it does not show total amount of deaths. Only kills, assists, etc. Can you please also add it to show total amount of deaths like stats should show. Maybe I am old fashioned but I like to know my precise KDA ratio.

-Second key binding column would be crucial. And a way to rebind keys including push-to-talk (V).

-The matchmaking menu is extremely frustrating. Why can't I search for 4v4 and 8v8 at the same time? Why are the playlists indicated with funny pictures instead of text without having to scroll over the logo to see what it contains?

-The menus in general seem very confusing. Too many fancy logos spread out horizontally, when a vertical setup with text menus would seem a lot easier.

CUSTOMIZATIONAdd some ACTUAL colours in the armor customization. Every colour is so dark and bleak they practically look the same. I know Reach is a sad story but can we get some proper colours to look better and stand out.

MISC:When opening the text chat window in-game, it does not close by pressing enter. It forces you to manually write something and send it before closing. So if you open it by accident, another press of Enter key does not close it.
Agreed
agreed
Leny wrote:
I would love to see a feature added allowing simultaneous mouse/controller input. Would make custom control configurations much easier and less cumbersome to implement.
Interesting
  • MCC HALO GAME: Steam version of MCC (general)
  • ISSUE/FEEDBACK: The game has issues connecting steam playtime, logging medals and displaying achievements
  • REPRO STEPS: Windows 10, I have Spybot Anti-Beacon installed. I installed Reach and logged in.
  • ADDITIONAL INFO: This also affected my Halowaypoint account. Even with 30 hours on steam, my service record was entirely blank. After finding a post on these forums, removing the host file from C:/Windows/System32/drivers/etc the game finally allowed me to log playtime and gain medals and achievements. However, all the medals and progress I made in the 30 hours before I removed the host file don't show up.
  • MCC HALO GAME: Reach
  • ISSUE/FEEDBACK: Add "Sprint Behavior" option to "Mouse and Keyboard Controls" which includes "Hold"
  • REPRO STEPS: N/A
  • ADDITIONAL INFO:
Sprint is currently "Toggle". In order to stop a sprint you have to tap the sprint key.
Toggling sprint is unintuitive to me, I find it much more intuitive to hold the sprint key when I want to sprint, and to release the sprint key to stop sprinting.
It doesn't seem an unreasonable request considering "Crouch Behavior" and "Zoom Mode" are already implemented.
If I have Zoom set to RMB and also set to toggle zoom, why can't I also have RMB for my Magnify zoom toggle?
It would be the same as tapping the right stick button twice on an xbox controller.
What I really want to know is why can't I bind more than one key to an action like most other 1st party, triple A shooters out now?
  • MCC HALO GAME: MCC PC, Reach

I would like there could be an option added for zoom cycling on one key instead of the current one bind to scope and and a second bind to double scope.

I would like zoom cycling behavior of what CS:GO or Halo CE on PC have.
    Example 1: CS:GO - Pressing RMB once will scope you in with a sniper, hitting it again double scopes your sniper, hitting it a third time de-scopes you.
    Example 2: Halo CE PC - Pressing Z once gives you 2x zoom, pressing z again gives you 8/10x zoom, hitting it a 3rd time will de-scope you.
  • REPRO STEPS: N/A

• ADDITIONAL INFO:
    Example Behavior: https://gfycat.com/blackandwhiteinnocentiberiannase
  • MCC HALO GAME: Halo Reach (PC)
  • ISSUE/FEEDBACK: Beta armor variants
With the rumors of the return of the cut and unfinished armor permutations intended to be released with the DLC, and seeing that several permutations from earlier builds of Reach have been included at launch (such as the beltless versions of the UA/multi-threat and UA/Base security chest plates), I would like to see the return of other earlier variants of customization options such as the Mark V (B) and Operator helmets.

Given what I know about how Reach handles helmet attachments, in the future I would also like to see the customization system reworked to allow any attachments to be added to a base helmet for customization.

• ADDITIONAL INFO:
Beta build Mark V (B) helmets
https://i.imgur.com/cthctl1.png
Operator helmet without attachments
https://i.imgur.com/lehya2e.jpg
The final mission of Reach contains 13 spartan ragdolls with randomly generated equipment, including helmets with attachments that wouldn't normally be available to that helmet. Minor tweaking may be required to make all attachments properly align with each helmet but it is certainly possible to achieve within the game.
SWAT game mode map problems: often spewing in front of or behind another player in the maps penance and high noon. More often than not do I find myself and enemy's spawning near next to or in one another's line of sight. I also recall a lot more of the base game maps being available in most 4v4 playlist but only ever see penance high noon and zealot, the few other maps in the playlist seem rare and I pretty much never see a forge world map pop up in any mode besides big team battle. Its definitely seems like there is a massive lack in the map variety we have now compared to when reach was on the 360 alone. Would there ever be a possibility for community maps to start coming back into these playlist or maybe the old school map voting?
I've noticed that the audio for effects in the menu and carnage reports are extremely loud and piercing. So far to my understanding, the only way to lower the volume would be to lower the game volume, which lowers everything. An option to adjust menu effects volume (clicking, scrolling, selecting) as well as carnage report volume (medals awarded, exp gained) would benefit the people that want to hear footsteps and whatnot but not have their ears bleed at the end of a game when they are getting medals or selecting playlist settings.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 17
  4. 18
  5. 19
  6. 20
  7. 21
  8. ...
  9. 29