Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo: The Master Chief Collection (PC)

[Locked] MCC Multiplayer Feedback (PC)

OP Postums

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 98
  4. 99
  5. 100
  6. ...
  7. 101
AsteriskX wrote:
TU and DMR spawns ruined this game.
What's wrong with DMR spawns?
AsteriskX wrote:
TU and DMR spawns ruined this game.
What's wrong with DMR spawns?
Over half of all posts in this thread are about what's wrong with it. No use in repeating it
Anyone know who's fileshare has MLG Element? I played this map in Head to Head but it wont come up in recent maps played :(

https://www.forgehub.com/maps/element.733/
https://www.forgehub.com/maps/mlg-element.1143/
  • MCC HALO GAME: Reach PC
  • ISSUE/FEEDBACK: Issue with Multiplayer, everytime i try to play MP at the top of the screen a message appears saying *CONNECTING SESSION*, then the screen goes black and i have to use control panel to close it. It happens on both; wifi and ethernet. I've checked and my antivirus isn't blocking any ports or permissons on the game, as a matter of fact i allows my MCC to do pretty much everything. I also tried reinstalling. Since i have a laptop i tried playing at two other houses and they problem persists. I can play MP on other games just fine it's just the MCC that has problems. I was able to play MP just fine when it launched, and i've changed nothing on my laptop. Any help would be appreciated.
Concerning multiplayer games on the MCC for the PC, I think there should be a better system to refill social games that have quitters so that half of the games aren't totally one sided stomps where one team quits and the match is instantly decided from that point. I've played too many games where one quitter totally destroys the balance of an otherwise great team slayer game. It doesn't matter if you're the winning or losing team, it makes the game feel like a waste of time in either case and it's not an issue that the game should really even have. Why doesn't the game queue people into games with quitters to fill the teams? Surely this should be a feature in some social playlists, definitely in playlists like team slayer and big team battle where having a full team is incredibly important. You wouldn't get autofilled for every single game either, in a perfect world there won't be that many quitters in a game with less imbalance and tilt in the future. You would only get autofilled for the first game you would queue for if at all as well, if you finished that game and stayed in queue till the next game, ideally you would be queued with a fresh group of people and get into a new match in the next game. It would be an issue if people were autofilled too often, people definitely wouldn't want to get queued into a game like that every time they try to queue up for a team game mode, but if a system like this was introduced in moderation I think it would greatly benefit the health of the game.

https://snipboard.io/0P7V8K.jpg

I don't see much of a problem with it anyways when the current matchmaking system queues people with 0 multiplayer games against people in the silver rank, that definitely doesn't make for a fair game.
  • ISSUE/FEEDBACK: Lack of a custom games server browser means that unless you have enough friends on steam you can't get a custom game going.
I second this.
I really want custom games and dedicated servers. If they aren't implemented or you choose to never implement them i can see many people just going back to halo custom edition. I bought halo MCC on the pc because i thought it would be like the games i played for the pc.
There are plenty of active Discord servers dedicated specifically to this.
I don't want to scour the internet for discord servers so i can wait a couple hours to gather enough people to play a custom game. I want dedicated servers, and a list.
i don't want random player hosted custom games on a discord. I'll take what i can get and I do, but I want more - not much more, just the ability to start a server, like I remember from the older PC versions of halo. I'm not a console player and matchmaking is kinda unacceptable to me. I do appreciate its placeholder value however. I am patient, and like i said I'll take what i can get. if dedicated servers don't come back I'll just buy halo CE again and go back to playing that.

and Thank you for the tip, and not meaning to go on a rant at you, this is more directed to the devs so they understand their playerbase more. its also not meant to seem adversarial or anything. just really want this feature.
I'd like to see that Dino Blasters game mode removed from action sack. It's more annoying than fun.
I'd rather have a political debate in chat with someone than playing another headache-inducing game of Dino Blasters, lol. Fiesta should be it's own action sack game...or at least replace Dino Blasters with Splazer/Grenade Launcher Slayer or something of the sort.
Also, when the game randomly ejects someone from a team game when a session connects and boots up, it should automatically boot someone from the other team at random as well to adjust for the initial imbalance. Can't say the same for rage-quitting and betrayal-booting situations, but until the implementation of joining in-progress games, I don't see any other fix for that specific occurrence. Joining in-progress would mediate all those issues, along with more consequences for regular/frequent quitting.
I'm really enjoying Halo Reach, but I do feel that DMR starts are too prevalent
I'm really enjoying Halo Reach, but I do feel that DMR starts are too prevalent
It's currently better than they were at launch. They've been reduced in the playlist to about 33% of slayer matches when they were originally 66% (though it felt like 90%, probably because this weighting only applies to slayer and not objective modes).
  • ISSUE/FEEDBACK: Lack of a custom games server browser means that unless you have enough friends on steam you can't get a custom game going.
I second this.
I really want custom games and dedicated servers. If they aren't implemented or you choose to never implement them i can see many people just going back to halo custom edition. I bought halo MCC on the pc because i thought it would be like the games i played for the pc.
There are plenty of active Discord servers dedicated specifically to this.
I don't want to scour the internet for discord servers so i can wait a couple hours to gather enough people to play a custom game. I want dedicated servers, and a list.
i don't want random player hosted custom games on a discord. I'll take what i can get and I do, but I want more - not much more, just the ability to start a server, like I remember from the older PC versions of halo. I'm not a console player and matchmaking is kinda unacceptable to me. I do appreciate its placeholder value however. I am patient, and like i said I'll take what i can get. if dedicated servers don't come back I'll just buy halo CE again and go back to playing that.

and Thank you for the tip, and not meaning to go on a rant at you, this is more directed to the devs so they understand their playerbase more. its also not meant to seem adversarial or anything. just really want this feature.
It's a poor substitute for the population that an official one will have, but in the meanwhile, there's a community-made custom server browser. Even lets you join thru it iirc.
https://thebeerkeg.herokuapp.com/#/
Issues In Multiplayer:
-Remove BMR start. The BMR is long range and powerful and it ruins the start of the game.
-Remove or fix Elite Slayer. There are issues such as on the map spire when a player will abuse the banshees and keep killing the enemy team and with needle rifles and needlers as their spawning weapon, it is almost impossible to counter the banshees.
-Fix the toxicity. There are many players that either team kill, or damage ally vehicles or abuse the message/voice chat and there is nothing that is done against them. There should be a better reporting system.
-Keyboard and Mouse vs Controllers. After playing a lot of team games, the issues with controllers having the ridiculous aim assist is huge. Many games its just constant headshots, player aiming at another player and then all of a sudden the player targets you( you being behind the current player he is aiming at), losing 1v1's even though you started shooting them first and are 2 shots in and so on... This game was ported over to PC for a reason and having controllers dominate keyboard and mouse is a joke.
Got kicked for idling in player search, this should not be a thing.
Medal-based XP promotes throwing kills to get assists and other similar plays. Please rework XP.
Got kicked for idling in player search, this should not be a thing.
I'd very much like to see this fixed, too. If anyone in my squad is tabbed out while we're queueing, our queue is cancelled because of it.
Welp you got my $50 but with the terrible grind and audio issues you won't be getting any more.

Seriously 70 hours of play time and I'm sitting at tier 40 something. . . . either take the cap off the exp or increase it by another zero.

Yeah, yeah the excuses of "keeping players" and "longevity" this deosn't work for a game that's 10 years old.

You want longevity just give us the damn game that came out ten years ago. That means taking away the DRMs as a start, giving us the chance to vote on maps again, giving us back the credit system and PUTTING FORCE BACK IN!!

Come on 343 the old fan built PC versions of this game were closer to releasing a completed game then you.
So far the multiplayer is good there just needs to be more freedom of sharing maps or finding maps from other players
MCC HALO GAME: Reach

FEEDBACK: I don't really ever play PvP (Lag is usually too high for me to play without being a walking free kill) But wow, the progression system is BAD...like bad, bad. in doing a few multiplayer matches that actually require skill and focus I have found you are given chump change as a reward. In fact as a whole the progression system is pretty horrid. In firefight people just play the first 5 min and then leave because the medals cap out, the system does not even acknowledge the Campaign (despite this being a very commonly used aspect of the game), for multiplayer it is disturbingly low across the board and the system depends on a 'Double point' event system to try to encourage players to play during certain periods.

Can you please revisit this system? Meanwhile I am just going to wait until next XP event and do Firefight non-stop (as why would I do multiplayer when I can just blow Grunts to bits without even a strain of effort and get 32k per round in the process ;) )
Just wanted to say that if Microsoft didn't rush this game out for a holiday release and 343's small development team tasked with hammering these games out for PC, we would've gotten a much smoother, more quality experience and a lot of these issues could've been polished out before the game dropped. I'm sure we would've all much rather waited for a few extra months or so if it meant all the kinks would've ironed out pre-launch in that time, but it was pretty much out of the developers' hands at that point. I mean, the game still doesn't have Forge and Theatre at the time of posting and I'm sure 343 is doing everything in their power to get as much done as they can with the manpower that they have tasked to this whole project. Not saying that 343's immune to *every* criticism, as there are still some questionable gamemode/map combinations permeating matchmaking, along with the absence of long-time staples (i.e. Multi-Team and Shotty Snipes, which I know the latter will most likely be added in the recently mentioned weekly rotation) we've seen from previous iterations, but you have to give the developers credit for doing what they can with the unfortunate circumstances they were facing with that December release and the steep drop in the game's player base.
I'm still having issues with achievements not unlocking in campaign mode.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 98
  4. 99
  5. 100
  6. ...
  7. 101