Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo: The Master Chief Collection (PC)

[Locked] MCC Multiplayer Feedback (PC)

OP Postums

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 99
  4. 100
  5. ...
  6. 101
Another common piece of feedback we see is players wanting Big Team Battle to shift to AR starts. We have some significant reservations about a change like this due to several factors including on-map weapon pickup availability, vehicle balance, starting ammo counts, and more. However, we also acknowledge that DMR starts can feel unforgiving and lead to some stagnation, especially on some of the more open maps in the game. We'll come back to this topic in just a bit.

343, please, play your own game. DMR starts aren't "unforgiving". They kill Big Team Battle stone dead. It's even worse for BTB than other gametypes, due to larger maps and map control and making open-top vehicles on certain maps a practical death sentence. Mongeese, Warthogs, Ghosts, even Falcons to a lesser extent, all become completely irrelevant on open maps with any elevation. Scorpions and Wraiths are completely unaffected by this, and indeed, they benefit from DMR starts to an extent, as any potential boarders have to contend with DMR fire as they go. It's good to worry about vehicle balance, but at this point, the balance is weighted very heavily towards DMRs. A DMR is the one and only weapon you need most of the time, to the point that you ignore most weapon drops.

Needler? Irrelevant. Concussion rifle? Irrelevant. Plasma rifle/repeater? Worse than useless. Plasma pistol? Pointless save for stunning the occasional vehicle. Pistol? No point. Assault rifle? It's an inferior backup. Grenade launcher? A cute novelty. Having a DMR in your hands negates all those other options and limit Halo to a very narrow pool of weapons and gameplay.

I appreciate that you're working on a solution with an additional playlist, and that's wonderful. It's great that you're listening to player feedback, and you're moving to fix the issue. Still, please play your own game. All of this is easy enough to realise after only a handful of games. AR starts are hardly perfect, granted, but that's better than the mess that is BTB right now.
Another common piece of feedback we see is players wanting Big Team Battle to shift to AR starts. We have some significant reservations about a change like this due to several factors including on-map weapon pickup availability, vehicle balance, starting ammo counts, and more. However, we also acknowledge that DMR starts can feel unforgiving and lead to some stagnation, especially on some of the more open maps in the game. We'll come back to this topic in just a bit.343, please, play your own game. DMR starts aren't "unforgiving". They kill Big Team Battle stone dead. It's even worse for BTB than other gametypes, due to larger maps and map control and making open-top vehicles on certain maps a practical death sentence. Mongeese, Warthogs, Ghosts, even Falcons to a lesser extent, all become completely irrelevant on open maps with any elevation. Scorpions and Wraiths are completely unaffected by this, and indeed, they benefit from DMR starts to an extent, as any potential boarders have to contend with DMR fire as they go. It's good to worry about vehicle balance, but at this point, the balance is weighted very heavily towards DMRs. A DMR is the one and only weapon you need most of the time, to the point that you ignore most weapon drops.

Needler? Irrelevant. Concussion rifle? Irrelevant. Plasma rifle/repeater? Worse than useless. Plasma pistol? Pointless save for stunning the occasional vehicle. Pistol? No point. Assault rifle? It's an inferior backup. Grenade launcher? A cute novelty. Having a DMR in your hands negates all those other options and limit Halo to a very narrow pool of weapons and gameplay.

I appreciate that you're working on a solution with an additional playlist, and that's wonderful. It's great that you're listening to player feedback, and you're moving to fix the issue. Still, please play your own game. All of this is easy enough to realise after only a handful of games. AR starts are hardly perfect, granted, but that's better than the mess that is BTB right now.
I agree with your stance on there needing to be more BTB gamemodes centered around AR/Mag starts.

But how could you throw the grenade launcher under the bus like that? Grenade launcher goes just as well with a DMR as peanut butter belongs with jelly.
Can we PLEASE get a 30 min ban for first time quitters. Almost every match I play has at least one quitter. It ruins about a 9 min game for 7 other people. If these quitters are doing 60+ min. of "damage" to other people, the least they can do is take a half hour break before they screw someone else's game up. Right now, they're free to quit any match they don't like and immediately queue for another, while everyone else is forced to play out an unbalanced, unfun game.
MCC PC Halo Reach: I'd like to see Multi Team battles in multiplayer. I miss them from the original Halo Reach multiplayer. You know, 4 teams of 3 players.
please fix the search time for halo reach ranked. Im having trouble to find games in hardcore and i guess thats because im rank 1, but how can i rank up if i dont find a game?
i just bought the game to PC, ive been playing on xbox before and the search time is trash there too
I'll be the first to say I'm far from pro, but I agree with the notion that all DMR starts on BTB are not very fun. It turns the game into a massive camp-fest, and it's no fun to poke your head out by an inch and immediately lose your shields.

A more reasonable solution to this would be a 6 AR / 2 DMR start or even a 7 AR / 1 DMR start as opposed to 8 DMR start. It doesn't remove the DMR from these maps completely as a threat and doesn't turn the game completely into pistol wars or everyone bum charging with an AR and melee, but it does help to keep the game from turning simply into "who saw who first from out in freaking egypt". The DMR is deceptively powerful and can be very punishing in the right hands.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 99
  4. 100
  5. ...
  6. 101