Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo: The Master Chief Collection (PC)

[Locked] MCC Multiplayer Feedback (PC)

OP Postums

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 9
  4. 10
  5. 11
  6. 12
  7. 13
  8. ...
  9. 101
Playing Hardcore Team Slayer - When finding a game, I am left at a black screen with yellow cursor. I can still see chat and a "back" button, but no way of playing game.. Back button does nothing...

Happens on multiple maps.

Something similar has been reported for others on specific maps - Have had no success on any maps - gtx1080ti gpu..

Let me know if I can provide more detailed report.
Can't play online due to "your ping times are too high to play in the configured dedicated server regions". How can I test my ping with the microsoft servers?

Yesterday I was able to get in with the same internet and play totally fine....

Speedtest:
https://www.speedtest.net/result/8823601955.png
Been having issues finding multiplayer matches, sometimes I get one instantly and then other times I am sitting in lobbies for up to 20-30 minutes and still not matching anyone, anyone got a fix for this? My internet is top notch and I have never had issues like this in any other game so I know it's not that.
I had this problem too. For me it was my network settings. There is a feature called "Relays" which apparently help mask your IP from untrusted connections. When I turned this on my wait time were very long (same as your times) but when I turned these off I was in a game almost instantly.

Maybe it could be a problem with that? Please let me know if that changed anything!
  • MCC HALO GAME: Halo: Reach
  • ISSUE/FEEDBACK: Activating "Relays" under the Network Settings causes excessive wait times for multiplayer games.
  • REPRO STEPS: Turning the "Relays" setting to "On"
  • ADDITIONAL INFO: Problem appears to be fixed if "Relays" set back to default "Off" setting
Thanks for making this port though. Loving the game
  • MCC HALO GAME: Halo: Reach
  • ISSUE/FEEDBACK: Activating "Relays" under the Network Settings causes excessive wait times for multiplayer games.
  • REPRO STEPS: Turning the "Relays" setting to "On"
  • ADDITIONAL INFO: Problem appears to be fixed if "Relays" set back to default "Off" setting
Thanks for making this port though. Loving the game
So this is what makes the searching times so long!
ISSUE/BUG: Matchmaking wait time 15+ minutes
Hello, i have been trying to play reach (or any halo) on the MCC multiplier on the xbox one and i have been in waiting between new matches upwards of 15 to even 30 minutes to be placed in even one game. I am unsure if anyone else is having this issue. I am honestly getting kind of annoyed especially considering anyone else i talk too only takes maybe at maximum a minute or 2. Any ideas why and how to fix the so i can effectively use my time to play halo?
The due keeps failing and re- initiating search and usually does this at least 20 or more times before even finding a player.

Thank you
@ IDF Spartan108
Please adjust the overview of the rank in the multiplayer. If I look at another player, I will not show his rank. an overview in the player search is there but you can not look at other players. and in the overview the display of the reached range is missing Thank you
  • MCC HALO GAME: Reach PC
  • ISSUE/FEEDBACK: Every time I try to connect to a matchmade game it says at the top "Searching Players" followed by "Found players" and then "Connect Session". It then fails to connect and goes back to "Connect Session". It loops like this between "Connect Session" and "Failed Connect" until I leave matchmaking.
MCC HALO GAME: Reach PC
ISSUE/FEEDBACK: Can we get some more video options like UI size and Lowered weapons
HALO REACH MCC
ISSUE: My friend can't load Battle Canyon (Beaver Creek) with his RTX2080. When match starts it puts him in a black screen and it makes him quit the game.
Seems other people have issues loading this map as well. Everytime it seems a couple people are dropped out.
Not sure if this is a RTX issue or something else.
I am having the same exact issue. I have a GTX 1080 & everytime the map is set to Battle Canyon, the match starts, but my screen goes black. & I end up having to restart the game. This is really so annoying. Especially since there’s no voting for maps anymore.
S8 wrote:
Also strafing left or right with a keyboard feels laggy and unresponsive. I hit "a" to strafe left and and instead keep strafing right for several feet before slowly starting to move left... It feels like your spartan is strafing left and right while drunk.
That's how Halo has always been. Your character in Halo has inertia and doesn't instantly switch directions, its pretty common in a lot of shooters like Quake, Counter Strike, etc. Without it it ADAD strafe spam becomes ridiculous and movement feels less impactful
  • Server Browser.
    Implement a server browser similar to Halo 5: Forge or Halo Online or any Valve game where people can run their own servers (either locally run them or have them run on your dedicated servers, or both)
    (Side note: Campaign runs poorly with frequent input delay issues as well as cut-scene freezes and de-sync issues. Suspected source comes from peer to peer connection despite Multiplayer and Private Custom Game lobbies working fine. May also be my poor University internet connection, although other game modes work great. Implement same functionality among all 3 game modes.)
  • Region Selection.
    I live in New Jersey and I've been placed in multiple EU-North servers instead of US-East or US-Central. Others have experience the same issues as well, please allow selection of region.
  • Improved Game mode selection.
    In multiplayer, unlike Xbox MCC if I remember correctly, currently I am only able to select a few different playlists with no way to pick and choose which game modes i want to actually play. For example, I might want to play CTF and not oddball, or player Classic Slayer but not DMR Slayer, or any combination of trade offs. At least allow us to select preferred game modes so that we have better chances of getting game modes we want to play rather than ones we don't.
ive been completely unable to get into a single reach multiplayer session. my connection is hard wired and flawless, so its not my end.
ive been completely unable to get into a single reach multiplayer session. my connection is hard wired and flawless, so its not my end.
Turn off Relays in the network options in Reach if you have them enabled and try matchmaking, that might fix it.
There’s a lot of things that i dislike & am surprised that they’ve gone unnoticed, but my main issue is with the new ranking system. The “season points” that you get when you rank up, can only go toward the next tier that you unlock. Why not just automatically unlock the tier when you reach the next rank? Giving us season points just add a unnecessary extra step in getting our reward. And most of the time it’s a piece of armour that i didn’t want in the first place. Where as before we were able to choose which armour we wanted, now it’s all just based on what level you are. I was really looking forward to what y’all would do with the Halo Reach tank system, since i knew everyone was gonna have to restart back at recruit, but Ive really been let down.
Also, I miss being able to see other player’s spartans & their full rank. There’s just no personality anymore, unless someone chooses to admire your armour mid game.
Halo Reach

Feedback

The progression system that is in place, which consists of seasons comprised of 100 tiers each is one that doesn't belong in Halo Reach at all.
The primary problem with it is the unlocks make no sense compared to Halo Reach, let's take the JFO Helmet as an example. Said helmet is unlocked at Tier 59, that means season 5 and tier 9 of said season, this also means that you unlock it after 59 levels. However, in Halo Reach it is unlocked at level 20; Lt. Colonel. Truth be told this is something that doesn't take too long to unlock in the original Halo Reach compared to the MCC version. As another example you unlock the Pestilence armor effect at tier 52, and the UGPS wrist piece at tier 63. Meanwhile the former costs 1 million Cr in the original Halo Reach, and the latter costs 80k Cr. This is a massive price difference that clearly shows that something is wrong with the progression system in the MCC version of Halo Reach.

Another huge issue with the system is that it is so incredibly linear, if you compare it to the original progression system it was also linear, however in the original you could buy whichever armor you wanted assuming you had unlocked it or not. However a lot of armor is unlocked very quickly and you can therefore get your character to look unique even at the start, meanwhile in the MCC you have to for example wait till tier 11-20 in order to first start getting shoulder pads and harnesses, meanwhile in the original you got a bit of everything with each level, not only this but you also had a basic set of items you could buy regardless of level at the start. This makes it very difficult to customize your character in such a way that you want to.

To summarize this, the way in that it's structured is completely wrong considering how it was structured freely in the original game. Not only that but it's very difficult to make yourself a character that is both unique and something you like with such a linear progression system of acquiring more pieces of armor.
Why do competitive games match people who are level 10 with people that are level 1? Most the time they afk out of a match and we get a lopsided match.
Please add a veto for maps. And a way to avoid and report players.
1080ti EVGA reference, game attempts to load beaver creek, it gets about half way (of actual load progression), then zooms past the rest, puts me in a black screen, and I get kicked from the lobby. I then have to alt-f4 MCC, and task manager quit steam.
Having problems trying to play multiplayer on pc, it says contacting server to get thr latest data but doesn't move forward from there.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 9
  4. 10
  5. 11
  6. 12
  7. 13
  8. ...
  9. 101