Forums / Games / Halo: The Master Chief Collection (PC)

[Locked] MCC Multiplayer Feedback (PC)

OP Postums

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. ...
  8. 101
All seems to be working well. However, the lack of Reach playlists is a real disappointment.

We have Team Hardcore (which is for a small minority of players) and Invasion, which is a very specific game mode.

It would be great to have a playlist that is a mix of 4 vs 4 Slayer AND objective. For many people that was what Reach was all about.
I think you are just missing it. It has basically every single playlist.
Pretty fun multiplayer experience so far even if I'm horrible at it. Was kicked on time for no reason however which wasn't fun. Lost all those credits that i'll never get back. I was surprised at the waiting time for matches though. No input about toxic people because I keep out of those things and just try to have fun. Definitely playing some more in the near future. Great work with this one so far, 334!
Impressions so far
- it's capped to 60hz no matter what
- Can't crouch when walking
- Kill trades and low tickrate overall
- We really need more competitive playlists, where are doubles? or lone wolfs?
- Controller aim assist forces You to not play with mouse, it's very strong and builds uneven playfield with mixed devices in a lobby
- I'm getting random 'fatal error' crashes sometimes during multiplayer match
- Changing 3 char ID when being in a party crashes the game
- Audio balance needs better mixing, it sounds like everything is underwater. It's very hard to hear footsteps
- There is still input lag, not as much as in flights, but still, it needs improvements, we need raw mouse input and multithreaded input system
- The only way to change spawn point is by using arrow keys instead of W/S, can we get a fix on that?
- Only 1 graphical option doesn't look like it's the PC version we hoped for.
- New progression system is bad, I don't understand why we unlock the unlock option and what's the point of currency where every piece of armor costs 1 season point.
Toids wrote:
Please separate out controller users and KBAM users in multiplayer. I prefer to play Halo with a controller, it's the rare FPS that strangely feels better that way, but it’s simply unplayable to match up against KBAM users, especially in SWAT mode.
Just stop using a controller on PC, ez fix.
Impressions so far
- it's capped to 60hz no matter what
- Can't crouch when walking
- Kill trades and low tickrate overall
- We really need more competitive playlists, where are doubles? or lone wolfs?
- Controller aim assist forces You to not play with mouse, it's very strong and builds uneven playfield with mixed devices in a lobby
- I'm getting random 'fatal error' crashes sometimes during multiplayer match
- Changing 3 char ID when being in a party crashes the game
- Audio balance needs better mixing, it sounds like everything is underwater. It's very hard to hear footsteps
- There is still input lag, not as much as in flights, but still, it needs improvements, we need raw mouse input and multithreaded input system

- Only 1 graphical option doesn't look like it's the PC version we hoped for.
- New progression system is bad, I don't understand why we unlock the unlock option and what's the point of currency where every piece of armor costs 1 season point.
It's not capped at 60, change the experimental setting to unlimited. controller aim assist is not that bad, I haven't noticed it at all. I've only run into a couple people better than me and I'm using KBM. Maybe you just aren't as good as you think you are. Audio balance is a known issue. Input lag is just you as far as I can tell. Might be a fringe case, but it definitely isn't everyone. Finally, of course there is only one graphical option; Do you expect them to remake the entire game just so you can have more graphics settings?

New progression is fine, but that is entirely subjective.
I would like an option to match make against players with controllers only. I think people who are playing with controllers would want to have a fun time, not be obliterated by every mouse and keyboard player in the lobby.
Why can't we bind push to talk to a mouse button? Why don't we have a toggle mute button? Voice chat bindings are very limiting.

Also, I was just kicked by anti-cheat from a SWAT Magnums round after getting a triplekill. I've never touched a cheat in my life and we were winning. Pretty annoying to get false positives and get punished for doing something cool.
Regarding Halo Reach of the MCC(Easy anti-cheat error).

It starts with having a please reconnect message whilst you are still in the game and nothing has changed. Followed by an Easy anti-cheat error message a minute or so later resulting in a kick from the game mode "Juggernaut". I do not know how to recreate this because I do not feel comfortable playing anymore as I am scared of potentially being banned due to a start up program or simple applications such as spotify, google chrome, steam, netflix, etc...
List of applications opened during game run time: Spotify, steam of course running in the background.
I also went as far as unplugging my controller prior to launching mcc/halo reach due to not wanting any potential conflict(Used specifically just keyboard and mouse).
*edit*
I would like to note on the side that for roughly an hour plus I had no problems regarding internet connectivity issues nor anti-cheat issues. Also I had played a Juggernaut game several minutes prior with no problems.
Cant play online, keep getting this message.

Not connected to Xbox Live
You are not connected to Xbox Live and will not be able to access this feature.

except I have Xbox live. Help.
For multiplayer, when I go to view my stats when I click on my name, I noticed that my kill and death stats are always listed as the same amount. They're definitely not being displayed correctly. It almost seems like kills are correct, but deaths are just displaying the same number as my kills.
takes forever to find a match even with relay disable
Any one elses audio sound like its under water when in a multiplayer match it does not sound like high def audio at all
Are you in Space? Sounds are muffled. When you go back into a room it should sound normal.
i've got a gtx 1050ti, ryzen 5 1400 and 16gbs of ddr4. I know its not the best computer but i can barely get 144fps (i have a 144hz monitor) half of the time. I know my comp isnt the greatest but i feel like for a game this old even on performance mode i should be getting way higher. Any ideas? not getting 144fps on a 144hz really annoys me and makes it kinda unplayable for me.
i’m on the game pass PC version. and everytime my game starts up i press enter to start and then instantly my game freezes and nothing happens. i am on windows 10 all drivers updated.
Menu system and customization is horrible.
Who's idea was it to have seasons?
Not even a cool background in the menu like original Reach. Just a boring blue screen with squares all over it.
Can't pick maps / Veto
Please give us the option to see our ping. The bars next to our names honestly mean very little.

Also when browsing the menu for customizing our spartan, every time we return back to the choose armor section, we need to scroll down again to get back to what we were looking at. Hopefully it can be changed to remember where down the list we were.

Managed to play a couple of games, now stuck searching for players or connecting to a session via Multiplayer. Not a great start I'll be honest.
  • MCC HALO GAME: Halo: Reach (PC)
  • ISSUE/FEEDBACK: I'm unable to connect to a match, in matchmaking, for both Social and Ranked playlists with the Network option "Relay" set to On. The reason I didn't want to turn it off was because on Xbox MCC I had a few instances of getting DDoSed and it was so frustrating and discouraging to deal with. So on PC, on Reach, I decided to try it and set Relays to Off, and was able to connect to matches. Sure enough however; after maybe an hour of playing with Relays set to Off, in the middle of a match my home internet went down entirely for about 10 minutes.
So, due to being unable to connect to matches with Relays set to On, I have to choose between finding games and risking getting DDoSed or having my IP available and abused by other players in the lobby. I hope y'all can fix this. Especially when Halo 2 and Halo 3 release, it's going to be unplayable to anybody who HAS to set Relays to Off.
I am being kicked for idling while waiting for a game to find more players. Extremely annoying to be kicked for the server being slow
Feels just like old times. Great game!
I am being kicked for idling while waiting for a game to find more players. Extremely annoying to be kicked for the server being slow
Yup.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. ...
  8. 101