Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo: The Master Chief Collection (PC)

[Locked] MCC Multiplayer Feedback (PC)

OP Postums

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 33
  4. 34
  5. 35
  6. 36
  7. 37
  8. ...
  9. 101
  • MCC HALO GAME: Halo reach
  • ISSUE/FEEDBACK: Tone down the controller aim assist it feels like it is being abused and controller players are having an easier time aiming. It almost feels as if its aimbot.
KILLS TO DEATH STATS ARE COMPLETELY WRONG.

17-4 turns into 17-17. Was like this in the beta and still isn’t fixed. Really annoying, please fix. 🙏
DOOF7781 wrote:
Game: Halo Reach PC

Issue: The frequency of TDM DMR is way too high.

Detail: Played 20 games of TDM social games; 18 of which were DMR slayer. That is bogus. Assault Rifle starts In Reach is peak halo, and starting with the DMR is the wrong choice. Every ONCE in a while is fine, but not 90 percent of the time.

Having DMR starts ruins the entire sandbox, most of the armor abilities are worthless. For example; Jet Pack is out of the equation because it is so easy to picked out from the sky when everyone has a DMR. Camo is dead and gone because most of the time you are sitting in an empty room, because no one gets close enough for melee range/ close quarters.

It ruins the gameplay flow: As stated above, there is rarely any sort of interesting melee or close quarters interaction. Which is one of the best parts of Halo. People don't feel the need to get close when they have the best all around gun from the start.

Having the DMR at spawn ruins the entire weapon sandbox; There is little to NO reason to pick up the following: needle rifle, plasma repeater, pistol, sniper rifle, focus rifle, concussion rifle, shotgun, hammer, plasma launcher. The DMR just kills all of these. Because most need a decent sight lined up to be effective, or you don't even have time to be effective with things like the concussion rifle and plasma launcher. Not to mention all the vehicles are easy targets for a team of 4 (or more depending on game type) with DMRs.

Assault Rifle starts enable the DMR to be the middle ground all around weapon, because only a few people have it, not the entire team. It allows every armor ability to be relevant, it brings the weapon balance back into place, and vehicles actually matter again. It literally solves EVERY issue. I beg you 343 to DRAMATICALLY reduce the DMR starts, more than half. If not making a whole playlist JUST for it.
Personally, I don't feel that the DMR is too overpowered of a weapon, but more so because of its viability at mid to long range, it's the obvious choice in just about any slayer style match. Couple this with the fact that it's so often available as the primary loadout option, the frequency at which you see this gun is ridiculous. Whether or not you're good with it is irrelevant, because as the obvious choice it dominates the map and turns matches into camp fests or long distance battles. It doesn't really encourage other playstyles. I'm pretty good with a DMR depending on who I'm up against and I reckon most other players are about the same, if not better even, so it's not an issue of get gud lol. It's just become redundant and not nearly as engaging. At least, that's how I feel. I don't hate the DMR, but I think it should be restricted to swat and maps that have the DMR load or at least give players the choice to further filter their game modes for AR/Magnum starts.

P.s. I initially wrote this as a response to someone else, so I'm really just agreeing/sympathizing with you. I really hope something is changed soon, because playing peak-a-boo with DMRs in just about every slayer match is hella annoying.
Issue: DMR starts should not be the baseline across all modes.
Competitive mode is solely dedicated to the DMR, which makes sense. However, the decision to include the DMR as a starting weapon in social games (especially the big team battle) leads to a very bland game play experience, IMO.
The added precision of mouse/keyboard has dramatically increased the usable range of the DMR, as on console there was a limit to the range where you would have aim assist. Big team battle with a DMR start dramatically limits map flow and encourages very static game play.
A varied weapon experience has always been a draw of the Halo games, and with DMR starts there is minimal incentive to utilize other weapons as the DMR is effective across all ranges, and completely dominates across med/long ranges with mouse/keyboard.
Please limit DMR starts to competitive games, there is an audience who would like a more varied experience.
Big Team Heavies needs its own playlist. Getting Elite or Buddy Slayer so often is not cool and soo many people just ALT F4 out of them to avoid playing them and avoid being punished for quitting. Not to mention Buddy Slayer wasn't even a thing in Reach BTB and Elite Slayer was soooo super rare and had better maps for it.

Anyway I think Heavies needs its own playlist.

Where are the good old maps at? Cragmire, Graveyard and Delta Facility are not in this playlist for some reason yet you kept Asphalt which is so glitchy that vehicles just fly across the sky randomly.. not to mention the fact you haven't fixed the uneven spawn times on the wraith *facepalm*.

Also in this new suggested Heavies Playlist you need to Have ALL of the Old Heavies Maps and DLC Heavies Maps in there WITH NEW ADDED OBJECTIVE HEAVIES VARIANTS. That would make things alot better for sure. (Maybe consider adding some cool custom heavies maps as well to give some more variety)

Some of the DLC Heavies maps could use some tweaks like the Laser Spawn on Breakpoint needs moved to on top of the ridge as well as a netural gauss hog on the map would be nice. Asphalt needs Fixed as mentioned above with all the glitchy vehicle happenings and uneven wraith spawn times. All falcons should be replaced with that heavy falcon that has nade launchers on it (seen it on some new forge video).

Also change the scoring system in heavies keep it simple and sweet 150 to win and 1 kill is 1 point. That isn't too hard no need to award extra points for head shots or vehicle kills that is just nonsense.

Also I think this whole controversy over no DMR starts has some validity to it. I am not sure if that is the solution to just make AR Pistol starts a thing but at the same time the DMRing in reach was never this bad, currently absolutely everybody is on point with their dmr shots and it has turned the game into a huge DMR only fest which just doesn't feel right and makes switching weapons pointless and as I said I am not sure what the proper solution is but it needs to be considered because that is not how halo should feel with every single situation close medium or far coming down to a DMR battle. Possibly a reduction in DMR Starting Ammo count could help.

Anyways Please Please Please consider this post lol I just want some good old heavies back. I miss Cragmire and I miss the voting system for sure. Having to ALT F4 out of the trash choices is bogus.
-
Other Complaints
The Idle time in the matchmaking is way too short. As we wait for matches everyone has to constantly keep moving their mice and hitting buttons to stop the AFK detection from stopping the search. Searches take awhile and it is pretty crazy that if you don't make an action in 30 seconds you are counted as AFK and the search stops. Just increase AFK Detection to 10 or 15 minutes and penalize those who AFK in a match.
-
While searching for matches I can see through my router settings there are plenty of times while it says connecting that we have found players (even before the game says we did) and it takes a moment and then the connection phase just resets back to searching. I think there is something wrong with the matchmaking actually connecting players. Should be looked into.
-
I know it is definetly not going to happen but we desperately need a voting system back in the game. This current system of forcing you to play what is given to you is not a good one. Especially since it causes people to just quit or ALT F4 out of games they don't want in (there is 0 Penalty for ALT F4ing out of matches you get locked into that you don't want to play). Old School Reach voting system was great except for two things. It never randomized the positions the map choices and gametypes appeared in.. for example Heavies was always in the #2 slot which brings me to the next issue which was no matter if the second or third choices got 8 votes if the other team of 8 voted for the top choice the top choice was always the winner of the tie vote. The old way of voting needs to come back with two changes Randomize the order the maps and gametypes appear in and also make it so if two maps have a tie vote than the map that reached the max votes first wins or something.
-
Friendly Fire needs turned back ON in BTB. I know people won't like that idea but the problem with it being off is this. Somebody grabs a weapon and hides with it so others cannot get it and just sit the whole game with it and can only be killed by splatter which creates the problem of team members trying to splatter eachother and chase eachother around half the game when a simple betrayal booting system like the old days would have cleared that situation up after a team kill or two. ALSO people can just block the spawns of vehicles and weapons making them unable to spawn back in and it just screws everything up in certain matches. Give us back friendly fire and the old betrayal booting system please and thank you.
-
The Tank needs to be able to be controlled with W A S D and the Cannon on the Tank needs to be controlled with just the mouse. Currently the mouse influences the turn direction which makes the tank feel horrible.
-
Why only a 3 letter player tag... what happened to having 4?
-
Where are some Multi Team options!?
-
Finally the stat tracker is SOOOOO BROKEN. It does not properly track kills and deaths at all lol it has shown me as -15 since the start (I Average 20ish kills a game with maybe 5 deaths) Others have noticed this too. Also the Perfection Medal does not seem to be going off when I get them =( it shows it in the stats page but no sweet sweet sound of PERFECTION.
K/D counter is not working properly.
He counts kills to the deads. It is impossible to improve his K/D,
please fix the K / D counter
The longer i play, the more i feel the urge to mention that the XP-Grind is just unreal? The level of XP you gain stands in no relation to the amount of XP required. The amount you need to proceed a level in the first 30 is WAY WAY WAY to high. Its absolutely stupid. This "season" has 100 levels. I should not need between 5 and 8 matches to proceed here. Without assuming bad intentions (which i do) i would wonder if you did not test this enough... No game i have played so far with a multiplayer progression did award this little XP for these lower levels. Most recent example being Apex-Legends. I would really change that...

...but i feel like you won't and i guess i know why.
I'm sick to death of dmr. I hated it 9 years ago and I still hate it now. It feels like 95% of games are dmr! In the old reach you used to be able to vote for what map you played next instead of having dmr shoved down your throat every game.

It's so boring to play. I put hundreds of hours into reach back in the day and I would do again if I could just play normal slayer and objective games.

You should separate dmr into it's own playlist. That way the dmr nerds will be happy and people who want to play an interesting game will be able to do so too.

I'm going to take a break from playing until we get some more options. Fingers crossed we're allowed to select game types (and maybe maps) that you do and do not want to play to let you enjoy the game the way you want to.
343, please pay attention to this, as this is not the first post about this issue. DMR starts is killing this game for me and a ton of other people. It's fine some times, but it seriously needs to be like old times where Slayer was 70 percent ar/magnum starts and 30 percent DMRs. Halo has always been about the maps and map control, fighting for power weapons and having every single weapon be viable in one way or another. Starting with DMRs in basically every game mode makes most other weapons useless due to their extreme range and lethality, and honestly the gameplay is already boring since there's no variety in guns or gameplay being used. This is an extremely easy fix, but one of the most important they can do. PLEASE remove the constant DMR starts.
Halo MCC: Halo Reach
FEEDBACKL: PLEASE BRING BACK THE ORIGINAL REACH PROGRESSION SYSTEM!!!
This new battlepass style thing is not fun at all. It's just a un rewarding grind that really leads to burn out fast.

In the original progression system, we could pick and choose which parts we wanted and set our own goals. This really helps player choice and gives us a sense of pride and accomplishment. Also bring back the challenge unlocks. This was an essential part of the halo experience back in the day and felt really awesome and rewarding. The current XP grind just doesn't feel the same. It rewards those with lots of free time which I don't have anymore.

Unless it's designed this way because you're gonna pull an EA

Also, increase the XP gains from matchmaking and firefight. It's and ungodly slog to get through filler content to get to the parts I really want.
Having the DMR and AR as the starting weapons for most of the modes makes the experience a bit more dull. Players are too afraid to run across any open areas in BTB matches, and some of the 4v4 modes where DMR is also a starter. The matches devolve into a "trench warfare" style where everyone just takes pot shots at one another, and some of the vehicles become more useless since the gunners for the falcon and warthog can be taken out extremely quickly with a decently accurate player.

Please change the standard starting weapons to AR & Magnum, like how the original reach was. Led to much more enjoyable of an experience with each mach playing differently from each other (infinitely more so than the differences between "point-and-click adventure" starts like it is now).
scoring timer does not reset when restart from checkpoint? is this a bug?
Had at least two instances where I was in a party with friends, and the game "migrated" the host so that I was no longer in a party with them. This meant I either had to play the match to completion without my friends or quit the game and risk a temporary ban/negative reputation for quitting too much.
Extremely disappointed with the game system. Why can't you vote the maps? It's so stupid that you have to play the same 3-4 maps every time.. Implement a voting system.
Big Team Heavies needs its own playlist. Getting Elite or Buddy Slayer so often is not cool and soo many people just ALT F4 out of them to avoid playing them and avoid being punished for quitting. Not to mention Buddy Slayer wasn't even a thing in Reach BTB and Elite Slayer was soooo super rare and had better maps for it.

Anyway I think Heavies needs its own playlist.

Where are the good old maps at? Cragmire, Graveyard and Delta Facility are not in this playlist for some reason yet you kept Asphalt which is so glitchy that vehicles just fly across the sky randomly.. not to mention the fact you haven't fixed the uneven spawn times on the wraith *facepalm*.

Also in this new suggested Heavies Playlist you need to Have ALL of the Old Heavies Maps and DLC Heavies Maps in there WITH NEW ADDED OBJECTIVE HEAVIES VARIANTS. That would make things alot better for sure. (Maybe consider adding some cool custom heavies maps as well to give some more variety)

Some of the DLC Heavies maps could use some tweaks like the Laser Spawn on Breakpoint needs moved to on top of the ridge as well as a netural gauss hog on the map would be nice. Asphalt needs Fixed as mentioned above with all the glitchy vehicle happenings and uneven wraith spawn times. All falcons should be replaced with that heavy falcon that has nade launchers on it (seen it on some new forge video).

Also change the scoring system in heavies keep it simple and sweet 150 to win and 1 kill is 1 point. That isn't too hard no need to award extra points for head shots or vehicle kills that is just nonsense.

Also I think this whole controversy over no DMR starts has some validity to it. I am not sure if that is the solution to just make AR Pistol starts a thing but at the same time the DMRing in reach was never this bad, currently absolutely everybody is on point with their dmr shots and it has turned the game into a huge DMR only fest which just doesn't feel right and makes switching weapons pointless and as I said I am not sure what the proper solution is but it needs to be considered because that is not how halo should feel with every single situation close medium or far coming down to a DMR battle. Possibly a reduction in DMR Starting Ammo count could help.

Anyways Please Please Please consider this post lol I just want some good old heavies back. I miss Cragmire and I miss the voting system for sure. Having to ALT F4 out of the trash choices is bogus.
-
Other Complaints
The Idle time in the matchmaking is way too short. As we wait for matches everyone has to constantly keep moving their mice and hitting buttons to stop the AFK detection from stopping the search. Searches take awhile and it is pretty crazy that if you don't make an action in 30 seconds you are counted as AFK and the search stops. Just increase AFK Detection to 10 or 15 minutes and penalize those who AFK in a match.
-
While searching for matches I can see through my router settings there are plenty of times while it says connecting that we have found players (even before the game says we did) and it takes a moment and then the connection phase just resets back to searching. I think there is something wrong with the matchmaking actually connecting players. Should be looked into.
-
I know it is definetly not going to happen but we desperately need a voting system back in the game. This current system of forcing you to play what is given to you is not a good one. Especially since it causes people to just quit or ALT F4 out of games they don't want in (there is 0 Penalty for ALT F4ing out of matches you get locked into that you don't want to play). Old School Reach voting system was great except for two things. It never randomized the positions the map choices and gametypes appeared in.. for example Heavies was always in the #2 slot which brings me to the next issue which was no matter if the second or third choices got 8 votes if the other team of 8 voted for the top choice the top choice was always the winner of the tie vote. The old way of voting needs to come back with two changes Randomize the order the maps and gametypes appear in and also make it so if two maps have a tie vote than the map that reached the max votes first wins or something.
-
Friendly Fire needs turned back ON in BTB. I know people won't like that idea but the problem with it being off is this. Somebody grabs a weapon and hides with it so others cannot get it and just sit the whole game with it and can only be killed by splatter which creates the problem of team members trying to splatter eachother and chase eachother around half the game when a simple betrayal booting system like the old days would have cleared that situation up after a team kill or two. ALSO people can just block the spawns of vehicles and weapons making them unable to spawn back in and it just screws everything up in certain matches. Give us back friendly fire and the old betrayal booting system please and thank you.
-
The Tank needs to be able to be controlled with W A S D and the Cannon on the Tank needs to be controlled with just the mouse. Currently the mouse influences the turn direction which makes the tank feel horrible.
-
Why only a 3 letter player tag... what happened to having 4?
-
Where are some Multi Team options!?
-
Finally the stat tracker is SOOOOO BROKEN. It does not properly track kills and deaths at all lol it has shown me as -15 since the start (I Average 20ish kills a game with maybe 5 deaths) Others have noticed this too. Also the Perfection Medal does not seem to be going off when I get them =( it shows it in the stats page but no sweet sweet sound of PERFECTION.
^this
Please allows us to pick our servers we play on. I'm from the UK and for some reason I can only play on West US servers which has terrible ping for me. At times the game won't even let me play Multiplayer because my ping is too high.
  • MCC HALO GAME: Reach PC.
  • ISSUE/FEEDBACK: Sound from players speaking through voice chat comes from my monitor's speakers instead of my headphones.
  • ADDITIONAL INFO: In order to fix the issue, I had to disable audio from my monitor completely, through windows settings since I can't change the audio output in the game's options. Once I did that, audio output from voice chat came through my headphones again.
GAME : ALL
* Please put a veto system like in classical H3. In addition to be able to remove an unwanted map, it's a nice moment when you can observe the ranks and profil of your mates and opponents.
* Allow to search only located servers, like US or EU only. No one likes to play with 150ms.
* Fix the sound

GAME : HALO REACH PC
* Don't remove the DMR from starting pack as some others suggested, it is like removing the BR from Halo 3, it is a non-sense since this is the only weapon with the sniper that requires aiming skills.
However, I agree with the fact that on PC, most of the players camp on their side and it becomes trenches war, this is a major problem. I guess it comes from the mouse/keyboard players that can shoot from very far with the DMR, which is not possible with the controller because of aim assist behind disabled after 100m or something. The solution would be to reduce the power of the DMR bullets after some distance.
Along the same line, the warthogs and ghosts are more a prey than a danger, the shooter never stay alive very long since it's an easy target. Could put a damage reduction to the players inside vehicles when receiving direct shots.
* Fix K/D counting bug in the global stats.
Make the game lobbies more like the original Halo Reach where you could see other player armor, rank name (not just the emblem), game completion, ect.
MCC HALO GAME: Reach PC
ISSUE/FEEDBACK: 1) Please bring back many of the missing maps for different/all playlists (including forge world maps). It seems as though you brought forward only half of the multiplayer maps that 360 Reach had?

2) Please return the map and game type veto process. The game itself is choosing many of the same few maps over and over making map variety feel scarce.

3) Please include the ability to see other players' Spartans/Elites in the game lobby and to interact with each other prior to the game starting.

4) Please add the option to turn text chat OFF. Or at least make the chat box smaller so that it is insignificant to gameplay when someone chats.

Thank you!
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 33
  4. 34
  5. 35
  6. 36
  7. 37
  8. ...
  9. 101