Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo: The Master Chief Collection (PC)

[Locked] MCC Multiplayer Feedback (PC)

OP Postums

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 38
  4. 39
  5. 40
  6. 41
  7. 42
  8. ...
  9. 101
Please, please, please add map voting back to the game. Vetoing works too, i'm just tired of having to be stuck playing High Noon on BTB. Please let us pick what we want!!
GxSMARTx wrote:
Bring back map voting or just remove the godawful CE anniversary maps. They are so awful because they were obviously not designed for this game. I don't know why the odds of getting High Noon are so good but it's not even funny anymore. I'm getting High Noon more often than the OG Reach maps.
I don't mind the CE maps but I would like to at least vote on the maps we're playing on. Some are bad. Like BTB on Boardwalk. There are plenty of maps for each playlist, seeing a 4v4 map in an 8v8 is goofy.
Boardwalk is truly awful for 8v8. Not sure why it's even in the BtB rotation. Also noticing many of the maps in BtB are using their 4v4 slayer versions, such as Spire.

BtB ought to have only the largest maps, but I have noticed many of the forge-world maps that were once common for BtB just aren't in rotation. Granted, I think this might be due to the fact that many of them in this pool were taken from player-made submissions.
Been said a million times before, but I'll pile on so y'all at 343i can get it through your heads. TU DMR gamemodes are a horrible choice for the 'casual' matchmaking playlists. Stop trying to change Bungie's legacy and just let us have our fun as it was before you tried to add your spin on it.
Please remove the standardised DMR starts it removes all variety from the game and just feels gross.
Please separate regular slayer from playlists that have DMR as the default. I would really like to play classic Halo style matches where people need to locate weapons on the map instead of just hanging back and picking people off, the precision weapons are mid-range power weapons and COMPLETELY changes how the games play out. I get some people only want to use the DMR but isn't that what swat was for? Just separate the playlists, one that's "pro" for the camp that only wants to use precision weapons, and one that's "classic" for people that like the weapon variety and larger emphasis on closer range combat. Or something to that effect. Thank you!
MCC PC Halo Reach. Extend the time between matches.

After finishing multiplayer matches I find that I don't have sufficient time to get the XP and look at the game statistics before being dragged right back into matches. And if I want to leave matchmaking then it will sometimes deny me the ability to press the back button and seconds later I'm dragged into a match. It feels bad to leave my team in a pinch but sometimes that what I'm forced to do. This could easily be solved if you guys just extend the time between matches a bit.

Thank you for your time :)
Beerd93 wrote:
DMR starts needs to go. It is way too prevalent. It ruins the flow of matches for general social slayer. I understand DMR starts as an outlier to default magnum/AR starts. If at least half the games were DMR starts and AR starts, ill be happy, but big team is ruined by people spawn trapping mapping with DMR. Its too good to be a starting weapon in big team or general team slayer matches. makes the game boring and repetitive. I would really like if the DMR starts were toned down or gone. The game was not made to be centered around DMR starts.
Original Reach had DMR starts for BTB. You can’t have big team without precision spawns, just learn to use it. Imagine running snipe when everyone else has an AR on a big map? Not going to work at all. Legit just learn to play with DMR.
Wooly wrote:
Beerd93 wrote:
DMR starts needs to go. It is way too prevalent. It ruins the flow of matches for general social slayer. I understand DMR starts as an outlier to default magnum/AR starts. If at least half the games were DMR starts and AR starts, ill be happy, but big team is ruined by people spawn trapping mapping with DMR. Its too good to be a starting weapon in big team or general team slayer matches. makes the game boring and repetitive. I would really like if the DMR starts were toned down or gone. The game was not made to be centered around DMR starts.
Original Reach had DMR starts for BTB. You can’t have big team without precision spawns, just learn to use it. Imagine running snipe when everyone else has an AR on a big map? Not going to work at all. Legit just learn to play with DMR.
And it was a problem back then too, if you ever played old school Halo, you know that the whole game concept is about Map and power weapon control, not about shooting people at start from across the map and shotting at every vehicle since the dmr is so powerful.
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not flame or attack other members. This includes stat-flaming.
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
Halo MCC Reach PC
Include a Classic Slayer and other playlist that have AR and Magnung as standart loadout
Include the same Veto option that Halo 3 had

It will bring much more Map variety and people can veto if they dont like the map= more fun
@Wooly and @super117knight this is a feedback thread and you are invalidating other people’s entries by flooding it with your discussion. Your posts are off-topic.
Wooly wrote:
Wooly wrote:
Beerd93 wrote:
And it was a problem back then too, if you ever played old school Halo, you know that the whole game concept is about Map and power weapon control, not about shooting people at start from across the map and shotting at every vehicle since the dmr is so powerful.
Check my service record to maybe check how much Reach I have played? (113,000 kills, Inheritor) Map and power weapon control are easy with the DMR, and it gives the losing team a chance to do some damage in return. I guarantee you kids who cry about the DMR being too powerful now will cry about being spawn trapped by a Banshee or Sniper that they have no chance of killing if they start spawning with AR and pistol. Like think about it.
I literally play halo since halo ce

Calling people names isnt showing youre mature
Your argument is simply wrong
But i dont wanna invest more time to talk about it with you
I just want them to put in a playlist with AR as default, you know, as it was actually intendet by bungie.
Halo is literally about knowing the map
Not about just spamming shots at every range at everything with the standart weapon
Its been proven multiple times by analyses
  • MCC HALO GAME: Halo Reach PC
  • ISSUE/FEEDBACK: Unable to Crouch while moving. (Mouse & Keyboard)
  • REPRO STEPS: Crouch doesn’t work while moving. You have stop moving for it to work and even then, the input has a delay.
  • ADDITIONAL INFO: I made a support ticket regarding this issue back in Flight 3. And I would assume this has already been reported here in this thread. This is quite a big issue, since Strafe Crouching has been a thing in Halo a long time. I don’t know if this is a problem when using a controller on PC. Maybe someone can confirm if it works on controller or not.
Sometimes after mm it skips xp thing and i dont get anything. Also when all players found on mm your character changes wont save while your changing colors, emblem or armor.
  • MCC HALO GAME: Windows Store
  • ISSUE/FEEDBACK: Aim Assist
  • REPRO STEPS: Aim at something
  • ADDITIONAL INFO: N/A
Aim assist with bullet magnetism should have some changes. First, there should be a setting to disable it if the user doesn't want it. This goes for both aim assist and bullet magnetism. Myself, i don't want thise healper feature, please let me disable it.

2nd, It's way to high for even casuals let alone for normal PC gamers. You'll at 343 might want to check all your controllers because if you had aim assist that beats Battlefield 1 levels from launch, something is very very wrong.

Now let me be clear, before you go and remove or lower it, please don't forget that you need the right controls for the controller for this to work correctly. Good controller support is having settings that allows the user to change to their needs, not you'll at the studio. If you all don't game out of the office, just copy Apex legends for PC. It has one of the greatest controller settings i've seen yet, and only been from FEB 2019.

• MCC HALO GAME: Windows Store
  • ISSUE/FEEDBACK: Graphical
  • REPRO STEPS: Spin Around
  • ADDITIONAL INFO: N/A
PC should have a graphical menu.
So i have just gifted one of my friends reach on steam, however once on the game downloaded he is unable to play anything to do with online servers, he is even unable to even join my party to play campaign. I can see his profile online and he receives my invites but it says something about adjusting his xbox live settings, yet even once that had been done it still isnt working. Has anyone had a similar problem and found a solution?
MCC PC - Steam - 20 hours played
Need to change-
Multiple bindings for controls, or at least a “previous weapon” and “next weapon” controls.
Not allowing us to move some bindings (Press to talk) is amateurish. I want to be able to have the same or similar layouts in every game I play.
Map rotation needs improved. A voting system would be nice, I feel like I’m only playing a few of the maps over and over.
Option for non TU multiplayer. All DMR’s changed the feel of what the game is supposed to be. TU has its place, but I don’t think DMRs should be a requirement for every game. I didn’t come here to play CSGO with snipers, I want that run and gun action of the OG Reach.
Being kicked for inactivity during matchmaking, but not during the game, is just silly. I frequently have AFKs in game, but then I get kicked for alt-tabbing while I wait for it to match me? What?

Nice to have-
Player count per playlist. I’d like to know if I'm in an empty playlist, or if I just need to have more patience for a game to load. Some playlists are less populated, and that’s fine, but I would like to know.
The play button in multiplayer needs more highlight, or moved to the bottom of the menu. It is the most important button on the menu, yet it is very transparent and awkward to find, even after 20 hours of play. This is some freshman level game design knowledge that needs to be addressed.
Daily and weekly challenges in OG Reach kept me playing every day. It gave me some sort of goal other than the desire to gain more credits (which is also gone now). The lack of these two features will hurt the players desire to keep coming back.
More spawns need added in multiplayer, or a smarter spawning system needs to be implemented. Games are frequently full of instant death spawn camps. PC is a different beast full of more competitive players, and adjustments need to be made to accommodate for the new player base.

Things that have done well-
The game play has been excellent and the controls feel great. I always have fun and I appreciate what I have. With all of these criticisms I will say that I love this game and I’m so glad I can play it again. I’m glad you have a feedback thread, and I hope changes the community asks for are acted on.

Thank you.
MCC Halo game: All titles, player career stat recording
Issue: K/D not being accurately recorded in-game player career

Additional info: So I know when Reach dropped my K/D was about 6,500 to 3,500 (wanted to track the increase).
I noticed however that my in game multiplayer stats were tracking a decrease in my K/D. Basically in game now my K/D is 9050 to 6700. However on waypoint my K/D is 9050 to 4250, which are the actual stats. I believe that it is displaying kills+deaths in the deaths line in your player career (in-game). I believe this to be be a display issue and not a actual stat recording issue due to it being accurate on waypoint. Please fix so I can look like a nerd in-game. PS DONT change the DMR starts.
BIG TEAM BATTLE - BONEYARD MAP

Boneyard was not meant to have half of the map blocked off with shield doors in Big Team Battle. Always Always Always bigger the map the better in BTB. Why was this changed? I want the original Boneyard in rotation at least, not this wack streamlined version. Thank you.
My rank keeps resetting in hardcore. I've done this multiple times (first rank 6, then 2, and now 4). Every time I close the game, the rank resets back to 1.

Is there save button somewhere in the game that I don't know about? See the video:
https://vimeo.com/378288050

You can just watch the first 10 seconds and the last 10 seconds. The rank changes.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 38
  4. 39
  5. 40
  6. 41
  7. 42
  8. ...
  9. 101