Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo: The Master Chief Collection (PC)

[Locked] MCC Multiplayer Feedback (PC)

OP Postums

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 39
  4. 40
  5. 41
  6. 42
  7. 43
  8. ...
  9. 101
Would be nice to be allowed to change our push to talk and chat key. Kinda lame they are unable to be changed and are bleh keys to reach mid game.
  • MCC HALO GAME: Reach PC
  • ISSUE/FEEDBACK: See below
  • Audio is terrible. Can't tell directional sound or spatial sound (depth of sound)
  • Allow Open Mic on game-chat. If we are using controller and want to call out enemies, we have to stop moving to press V on our keyboard and there's a delay in our controller allowing movement again. Even if you made a push to talk option for the controller D-Pad it may help.
  • Sending a friend request on PC is a nightmare. Currently have to click your own name > find player > type gamertag from previous match (of someone you want to party with) > search > click invite to game > click your own name again > find player > type gamertag again > search > scroll down and send friend request (and it's bugged)
  • Number ranks should be next to your name in the roster search bar - it makes it more fun to see everyone's rank like in Halo 3
I personally don't like the battle pass kinda unlock system. I understand it is in place to encourage people to play more and more and more but many people would love to PICK what they unlock instead of having to go tier by tier. It doesn't blend elements from new and old like promised.
If you want it to do that then implement a system where you pick 1 piece of armor with the points you earn from leveling, like from any of them but some are locked behind level caps.
Or
Implement a system where you get a credit for each specific armor type. So you can still keep the battle pass system but each level grants you one different credit for different pieces of armor. Example first 5 tiers could be Helmet, Chest, Shoulders, Knees, and then maybe a wildcard one where you can put it anywhere. Or switch it up with different things to unlock and every 5 or 10 you can get a wildcard you can put in whatever category.
Sound must have Dolby Atmos support. To shoot the enemy in the head in a social game I take 2 ~ 3 shots. Now in competitive I can shoot the enemy in the head with only 1 shot when the enemy is without a shield.

It would be nice to make the Americans be in Brazil server a few times, so far I have only been in US servers, my ping is over 140. Already in games like Gears and SeaOfThieves I can fall on servers in Brazil.
There needs to be a kick system for afk players,(only allow a kick for afk if the user hasn't moved ingame for at least two minutes, to make sure no one can abuse it) and a surrender option as well. I have had a lot of matches that half the team has just left, because we're losing. I also noticed there isn't any form of reporting at all, while I haven't noticed any cheaters I am sure there will be some more blatant ones at some point, due to the current popularity of the game.

Also why in the world isn't there server selection? I'm a little screwed if my continent dies off in the next few as a declining playerbase will eventually happen.
For the most part I don't really have many issues with the multiplayer except for some of the most obvious ones that are addressed already like sounds and such.
However there are some things that I would like to see changed and addressed if at all possible.
  • Idle timer in match making - Sometimes when finding a game I will go Idle and then never find a game.
  • Game mode selection - I like the playlist options that are included however, I would like the ability to choose the game mode types and sometimes maps. Having to play boom ball and 1 flag CTF 3-4 times in a row on the same map (yes this happened 3 times in a row for me) can be very annoying. I would like to be able to choose my variation instead of just being stuck to what feels like one game mode when I would like some extra variety.
  • More localized matchmaking - I frequently get put into US west and EU servers which can be very annoying due to lag.
So... I can't crouch strafe on PC.... kind of a bummer ahahaha

you are unable to crouch while moving even though it has been in every Halo game, gosh ever dang shooter. Plz fix

Oh, yeah.... and please add a custom games browser thaaaaaanks :) ahah
Give us playlists that are not tu / dmr starts
Im still going black screen in the middle of ranked matchmaking games and being booted back to the main menu. MCC is the only game I play online where this issue keeps occuring.
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not post spam.
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
If I may as a long time Halo player I think this would Help A lot
  • a push to talk option for the controller D-Pad for those with controllers like back in the day.
  • Fix Voice chat so it does not cut out mid game
  • A Return to the Pre game lobby where you could veto a bad a map or game type.
  • Getting rid of DMR Start on BTB as the maps can't Handle that kind of start with that many people some turn into a complete spawn camp. On top of that there is no real need to pick up any other weapon on the map when you can just DMR everything down.
  • Some kind of way to deal with the bots a lot of people Like Griff ball and it's over Run with bots or people just flipping controllers upside down and spinning like back in the day.
  • Fixing the Forge world map so people stop Crashing when loading it.
  • Crouching needs to be fixed, I under stand that you had to slow down in reach to crouch but Keyboards don't have a slow down we have go or stop
  • So this one I have come up with from looking at all the complaints about unlocks, keep the point system but let people pick from a list of items for that levels, example level one you could pick for A voice, Mk 5 and hearts popping out when you die. the next level you pick from the 3 at the next Level, Once you get to max which I think is 30, you start the list over and pick from the 2 you did not pick,
  • or make it so we can buy one Item every level from the list and every 10 you can pick a accessory or effect, Aka visor or something at low levels, to make it grindiy you could make shoulder pads for each arm cost one point

I think this would help negate a lot of complaints.

I'd like to add my voice into the lot. Most of these points have most likely already been brought up, but it's good to emphasize what matters. For context, I'm a Steam Controller user:
  • Having a key binding for walking is top priority IMHO. Controller users have nice analog movement with the left stick. WASD on PC doesn't allow fine movement control outside of a modifier walk binding (common in games). Since Halo doesn't support mixed input types (Xinput + KB/M) for Aim Assist reasons, on a Steam Controller having a walk binding would make movement a much better experience.
  • The inability to crouch while walking has been a common notice. Solving the previous issue opens the door to solving this one "for free" since, once you have a walk binding, you can send both walk and crouch actions to the game upon pressing the crouch key, thus solving the unexpected behaviour and having a similar behaviour to controller users.
let us report people who's afk! There's too many players who go afk in matchmaking right at the start. Please give it too us like yesterday!
In game text chat needs an option to be disabled or minimized. there are too many people spamming text in the chat so that all we see is the text chat on the right side of the screen.
  • MCC HALO GAME: Reach
  • FEEDBACK: The DMR loadouts are a game killer for me and a lot of other people. I understand that some people like it, but it renders 80% of the map pointless since you get pelted from all angles immediately after leaving any kind of cover. It's not very fun and as others have pointed out, this gun clearly was not meant to be used with a keyboard and mouses accuracy. I have a variety of suggestions to address this issue, one of which is you could nerf the DMR gun and make it so it either doesn't do as much damage, or reduce it's accuracy SIGNIFICANTLY when shooting at targets that are not even in red crosshairs. Aka shooting them from across the map should not be a thing unless they have a sniper. If the crosshairs are still grey then the accuracy or damage should be reduced at that distance. The worst part is that everybody starts with DMRs, when at best these weapons should have to be found like all the other weapons. Starting loadouts should really be Assault rifles and pistols for official social matches.
The best alternative to that is to at the very least let us choose which specific game mode we want to que for. For example right now we can only choose a general category, like slayer, objectives, etc etc. But we can't choose what levels we play or what specific game mode which makes the game significantly less fun than it should be. I see it all the time, people stop wanting to play because they get matched in griffball for example, or some other game mode they don't like so they just afk or quit and I don't blame them. We should be able to pick Classic slayer, heavy slayer with all the big vehicles, or king of the hill, or oddball, etc before entering in multiplayer que. That way the people who like DMR games can select that mode and the rest of us can enjoy our favorite modes in Halo. Because right now as it stands it's all just random and more often than not it just repeats the same levels and let me tell you, doing "High Noon" slayer with all DMRs is the absolute worst. You can't move or go anywhere without getting insta-killed by DMRs from all sides. Then we get punished if we want to leave the game which is honestly garbage because we never wanted to que in that mode or map anyways, it was chosen for us. We can't even vote on what map to play next. So please, If you don't want to nerf the DMR then at least allow us to choose to play without it in social and competitive que. I would never be able to invite that many people to a custom game just to change the loadouts and that wouldn't even count towards EXP so it's really a joykiller.

Another thing I've noticed is when you click on a person's name in the player list, you have the option to view their profile but no way to friend, block, mute or even report them. It also doesn't say what their rank is which is a minor thing but it'd be nice to be able to see because It's hard to tell just looking at the symbols.

Thanks for taking the time to read this, I know it was long winded but it's a major factor for me in whether or not Halo becomes a good or bad experience, and whether I have fun playing it or not. It'd be nice to be able to choose to play Elite Slayer instead of gambling for it and hoping I get the game mode I want from the current random que. It would also be nice if there was a way to browse custom lobbies and join them like you would a server instead of relying on invites only. That would be huge.

I understand the desire to be as faithful to the original games as possible, and I agree to an extent but we have the chance to implement these quality of life improvements that would make Halo so much better and balanced. Halo was a great series, but it was far from perfect. Don't be afraid to improve it and add things to make it more than it was. I'm very grateful you finally brought Halo to PC, I've been waiting a long time for that. Please give it the rebirth it deserves so it can be more than a nostalgia trip.

Edit: Also as other people have mentioned, when you are cloaked no sounds go through and everything is really quiet, so even if you melee or shoot from stealth you won't hear it. Also it might be cool to be able to auto-adjust teams when too many people leave or a fight is really one sided. Like get a little notification asking if you want to switch teams so it's not forced or anything.
PIDDLE1413 wrote:
In game text chat needs an option to be disabled or minimized. there are too many people spamming text in the chat so that all we see is the text chat on the right side of the screen.
you can leave the chat so the window doesn't pop up.

i'm one of those guys that like talking to others, though, but yeah, that chat window is a problem. it ought to be less intrusive and not take up almost the entire gun and valuable screen estate away from the player. this was a literal non-problem even way back in Custom Edition -- don't understand how this managed to pass QC.

other suggestions:
  • server browser!!!
  • option to change teams while in-game. seriously, what the hell; i've had too many games where teammates would quit after a 20-point deficit. one instance had me with one (1) other guy only vs. a full squad of 8 on Red. again, changing teams was a feature in the first game.
  • native 1280x1024 works only on borderless/windowed. switching to fullscreen outputs to 720p automatically; going up to 1024p does nothing.
  • crouch while moving, subdued audio etc etc.
  • chat key needs to be rebindable. who in the world uses J? Enter is where it's at.
  • and oh yeah, why isn't 16-player FFA a thing?
that's all for now. thanks for MCC btw.
DrCheeksMD wrote:
Please separate regular slayer from playlists that have DMR as the default. I would really like to play classic Halo style matches where people need to locate weapons on the map instead of just hanging back and picking people off, the precision weapons are mid-range power weapons and COMPLETELY changes how the games play out. I get some people only want to use the DMR but isn't that what swat was for? Just separate the playlists, one that's "pro" for the camp that only wants to use precision weapons, and one that's "classic" for people that like the weapon variety and larger emphasis on closer range combat. Or something to that effect. Thank you!
I would like to echo some of the sentiment regarding DMR starts--I don't think they should be removed altogether (since obviously some players like them a lot and I think most people would agree they can be a fun change of pace from time to time), but I think they should be made into a separate gamemode ala Team BRs in the older games, with AR starts being the standard and much more common in playlists, if not making DMR starts a separate gamemode altogether.

DMR starts are decent on smaller maps, but larger maps are nearly unplayable with it--it takes out so much of the fun of localized skirmishes and using vehicles/teleporters/jump pads to close the distance. It's quite common to get gunned out of a Hornet turret or Warthog seat in mere seconds of getting in range with the enemy. Even on smaller maps, I feel like the AR is a more balanced starter weapon than the DMR (in fact, the DMR makes starting with the AR a little bit pointless)--everybody starting with such a long-range weapon makes it more difficult to employ many of the other weapons and vehicles in the game.

In fact, I think DMR starts take a lot of punch out of power weapons in particular--in the other games, something like the shotgun or energy sword are much more powerful given that most engagements necessarily occur at close range with ARs. Even longer-range power weapons like the sniper and Spartan laser suffer quite a bit, since other players can put down a large volume of fire from long range, making it difficult to stay scoped in. You can be creative and play around it, sure, but it detracts from the point of power weapons somewhat nonetheless.

With regards to the progression system, I don't think it's terrible, but it is a little shallow currently. Adding challenges (daily, weekly, etc.) similar to what the original Reach had would go a huge way towards making it more engaging (and, to my understanding, this is on the roadmap anyway). While I would personally prefer the freedom of the older credits system myself, I think the current system would be fine with a little more work. Also, it would be kind of nice if achievements contributed towards unlocks in some way. I'd love to see something like the Vidmaster achievements return.

One final thing: it would be nice if there was a matchmaking service for custom games, or, better yet, a server browser of some sort.
^ I 100% agree with these guys
I started out here:
https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/forums/f3681fbc78fa43878c4aec9a63a46224/topics/mcc-multiplayer-feedback-pc/46d5cc54-4a2d-478d-89c6-ec27fd8ef84a/posts?page=37#post723

But I want to follow up by saying that I LOVE the new progression system. I was Legend in old Reach before the Title Update killed the game for me, when 343 took the controls, and I was the furthest along of my friend group. I was prepared, reluctantly, to do it all again... But I don't have to! Everything is unlocked so much faster now, and I've heard you can bank excess points for future seasons. I think it was a great idea, and a good compromise from the old system and just handing us everything. There ARE some excellent things that have been done with MCC Reach... But you won't hear much of the praise as long as there are glaring flaws that need to be fixed... Like TU Slayer being the default with the DMR start, in a balance patch that ruined the game's structure...
Omallis wrote:
  • MCC HALO GAME: Reach
  • FEEDBACK: The DMR loadouts are a game killer for me and a lot of other people. I understand that some people like it, but it renders 80% of the map pointless since you get pelted from all angles immediately after leaving any kind of cover. It's not very fun and as others have pointed out, this gun clearly was not meant to be used with a keyboard and mouses accuracy. I have a variety of suggestions to address this issue, one of which is you could nerf the DMR gun and make it so it either doesn't do as much damage, or reduce it's accuracy SIGNIFICANTLY when shooting at targets that are not even in red crosshairs. Aka shooting them from across the map should not be a thing unless they have a sniper. If the crosshairs are still grey then the accuracy or damage should be reduced at that distance. The worst part is that everybody starts with DMRs, when at best these weapons should have to be found like all the other weapons. Starting loadouts should really be Assault rifles and pistols for official social matches.
The best alternative to that is to at the very least let us choose which specific game mode we want to que for. For example right now we can only choose a general category, like slayer, objectives, etc etc. But we can't choose what levels we play or what specific game mode which makes the game significantly less fun than it should be. I see it all the time, people stop wanting to play because they get matched in griffball for example, or some other game mode they don't like so they just afk or quit and I don't blame them. We should be able to pick Classic slayer, heavy slayer with all the big vehicles, or king of the hill, or oddball, etc before entering in multiplayer que. That way the people who like DMR games can select that mode and the rest of us can enjoy our favorite modes in Halo. Because right now as it stands it's all just random and more often than not it just repeats the same levels and let me tell you, doing "High Noon" slayer with all DMRs is the absolute worst. You can't move or go anywhere without getting insta-killed by DMRs from all sides. Then we get punished if we want to leave the game which is honestly garbage because we never wanted to que in that mode or map anyways, it was chosen for us. We can't even vote on what map to play next. So please, If you don't want to nerf the DMR then at least allow us to choose to play without it in social and competitive que. I would never be able to invite that many people to a custom game just to change the loadouts and that wouldn't even count towards EXP so it's really a joykiller.

Another thing I've noticed is when you click on a person's name in the player list, you have the option to view their profile but no way to friend, block, mute or even report them. It also doesn't say what their rank is which is a minor thing but it'd be nice to be able to see because It's hard to tell just looking at the symbols.

Thanks for taking the time to read this, I know it was long winded but it's a major factor for me in whether or not Halo becomes a good or bad experience, and whether I have fun playing it or not. It'd be nice to be able to choose to play Elite Slayer instead of gambling for it and hoping I get the game mode I want from the current random que. It would also be nice if there was a way to browse custom lobbies and join them like you would a server instead of relying on invites only. That would be huge.

I understand the desire to be as faithful to the original games as possible, and I agree to an extent but we have the chance to implement these quality of life improvements that would make Halo so much better and balanced. Halo was a great series, but it was far from perfect. Don't be afraid to improve it and add things to make it more than it was. I'm very grateful you finally brought Halo to PC, I've been waiting a long time for that. Please give it the rebirth it deserves so it can be more than a nostalgia trip.

Edit: Also as other people have mentioned, when you are cloaked no sounds go through and everything is really quiet, so even if you melee or shoot from stealth you won't hear it. Also it might be cool to be able to auto-adjust teams when too many people leave or a fight is really one sided. Like get a little notification asking if you want to switch teams so it's not forced or anything.
I second this. I don't think the DMR needs nerfed as much as it should just never be spawned with. Add in more multiplayer things so we can actually choose what we want. I don't think I have even played just a standard halo match where you spawn with an AR and magnum, they are all forced to one specific weapon which gets really old after a while (especially DMR ones). Just let us choose to blacklist certain match types. For example, if I want to play capture the flag, let me choose to just play standard CTF and blacklist the shotty only version and the DMR version. Only real fun game modes are invasion, fiesta and infected. First two are just because at least you get variety in weapons (I still prefer picking up weapons though) and infected is just pretty fun overall.
Halo: Reach PC.

1. Please, for the love of all that is holy, make seperate playlists or a setting for DMR start and AR/Magnum start on slayer, most importantly, BTB playlists in general. DMR start on PC turns BTB game modes into nothing but DMR peekfest. There's no flow, it doesn't feel like there's any reason to roam the map and pick up other guns, because everyone just sits back at their spawns and play point and click adventure with DMR, it honestly feels like I'm playing a sniper only custom game on counter strike or call of duty, not Halo. I understand that there's people out there who likes starting with DMR, but there's no reason to make a seperate playlist/setting without DMR start, it would literally hurt nobody. I, and I'm sure many people as well, want BTB modes with more close range engagements, sword fights, shotguns, vehicular mayhem and all that good stuff. DMR kills all of this. Can't we just have another setting/playlist without DMR as a starting gun?
2. Enable XP gains in custom games and campaign. There's no reason not to let people get XP for PLAYING THE GAME. Especially when you already have xp caps in effect (such as 8k for performance medals). Let people play what they want, there's no excuse to disable xp gains.
3. There's already some cheaters. Trying to do Reach campaign on legendary, and on Long Night of Solace mission, my rival is someone named Gamecheeat13 who has time of 0:00:00
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 39
  4. 40
  5. 41
  6. 42
  7. 43
  8. ...
  9. 101