Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo: The Master Chief Collection (PC)

[Locked] MCC Multiplayer Feedback (PC)

OP Postums

  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 40
  4. 41
  5. 42
  6. 43
  7. 44
  8. ...
  9. 101
Laytnor wrote:
Halo: Reach PC.

1. Please, for the love of all that is holy, make seperate playlists or a setting for DMR start and AR/Magnum start on slayer, most importantly, BTB playlists in general. DMR start on PC turns BTB game modes into nothing but DMR peekfest. There's no flow, it doesn't feel like there's any reason to roam the map and pick up other guns, because everyone just sits back at their spawns and play point and click adventure with DMR, it honestly feels like I'm playing a sniper only custom game on counter strike or call of duty, not Halo. I understand that there's people out there who likes starting with DMR, but there's no reason to make a seperate playlist/setting without DMR start, it would literally hurt nobody. I, and I'm sure many people as well, want BTB modes with more close range engagements, sword fights, shotguns, vehicular mayhem and all that good stuff. DMR kills all of this. Can't we just have another setting/playlist without DMR as a starting gun?
2. Enable XP gains in custom games and campaign. There's no reason not to let people get XP for PLAYING THE GAME. Especially when you already have xp caps in effect (such as 8k for performance medals). Let people play what they want, there's no excuse to disable xp gains.
3. There's already some cheaters. Trying to do Reach campaign on legendary, and on Long Night of Solace mission, my rival is someone named Gamecheeat13 who has time of 0:00:00
https://www.youtube.com/user/gamecheat13. Pretty sure that's not the guy and is probably just somebody trying to emulate him but Gamecheat13 has been modding halo singleplayer for quite a few years now. In fact, I bet he's pretty happy to see Halo on PC with mods actually allowed.
Why did you ever put aim assist for controllers in the pc version. It's so broken. If someone wants to play Halo with a controller just play on Xbox. The aim assist is way too overtuned
Some weird bug I had today during Invasion, but only when I was on the elite side. I haven't reproduced it yet, but it is pretty irritating. Triple monitor setup, 5760X1080 with bezel correction to 5790x1080, Gtx 1070 with Ryzen 2700x and 16gb ddr4 ram@ 2933mhz.
https://photos.app.goo.gl/SyZR2pG7xRYWXCec8
Edit: Disregard, it appears to be a permanent issue now, tried messing with FOV and graphics settings without improvement.
Another idea I'd like to see is more Elites vs Spartans game modes. Like we have Invasion but that's pretty much it as far as I know. I'd love to see it in other game modes like regular Slayer, CTF, BTB, etc etc. Just instead of all spartans, one team would be Elites and start with covenant weaponry. I think that would add a lot of flavor and really keep things fresh to mix it up. It'd be cool if you could add these to their own playlist. Like we have Spartan Slayer, Elite Slayer, then just add Spartan/Elite to the list so it's not replacing anything just giving us more choice.
Hi, this is something I noticed that has happened 4 or 5 times in multiplayer.

MCC HALO GAME: Halo: Reach in PC via Steam.
ISSUE #1: When someone sticked me a sticky grenade and then i active the armor lock ability i exploded and die even with the armor lock active. I know this shouldn't be like that because in Xbox 360 it never happened.
ISSUE #2: Dont know if this is an improvement or an error but in Xbox 360 i can refuse an Energy Sword frontal attack with a melee, but i cant do that in PC. This was so helpful in XBox 360 because it gave me a chance to survive if I had a gun and quickly fired at the enemy when the force of the crash separated us, but I understand if this is an improvement.
We really freaking need the old progress system with our old beloved ranks and credits.

Cheers
remove dmr starts or put them on their own playlist

Also echoing the rebind chat/voice chat buttons. I move keys around so T o open for me and I'd really like to use it for text chat instead of J. A friend of mine uses other keys for voice so changing that would be great for him, too.

remove dmr starts or put them on their own playlist
Laytnor wrote:
Halo: Reach PC.

1. Please, for the love of all that is holy, make seperate playlists or a setting for DMR start and AR/Magnum start on slayer, most importantly, BTB playlists in general. DMR start on PC turns BTB game modes into nothing but DMR peekfest. There's no flow, it doesn't feel like there's any reason to roam the map and pick up other guns, because everyone just sits back at their spawns and play point and click adventure with DMR, it honestly feels like I'm playing a sniper only custom game on counter strike or call of duty, not Halo. I understand that there's people out there who likes starting with DMR, but there's no reason to make a seperate playlist/setting without DMR start, it would literally hurt nobody. I, and I'm sure many people as well, want BTB modes with more close range engagements, sword fights, shotguns, vehicular mayhem and all that good stuff. DMR kills all of this. Can't we just have another setting/playlist without DMR as a starting gun?
2. Enable XP gains in custom games and campaign. There's no reason not to let people get XP for PLAYING THE GAME. Especially when you already have xp caps in effect (such as 8k for performance medals). Let people play what they want, there's no excuse to disable xp gains.
3. There's already some cheaters. Trying to do Reach campaign on legendary, and on Long Night of Solace mission, my rival is someone named Gamecheeat13 who has time of 0:00:00
https://www.youtube.com/user/gamecheat13. Pretty sure that's not the guy and is probably just somebody trying to emulate him but Gamecheat13 has been modding halo singleplayer for quite a few years now. In fact, I bet he's pretty happy to see Halo on PC with mods actually allowed.
I didn't even know the guy. But yes, pretty sure it's someone using same name. With that extra e and all.
Not sure if anyone else is experiencing the same issues here with SWAT, but here they are.

When it states "aim for the head" yet when i shot said enemies in the head it takes 2-3 shots like what?? Especially from the back. If i remember from past experience in past games (correct me if i'm wrong here) , I'm sure it has always been one shot to the head and about 3 shots to the body, that was it.
Now it's more like three shots to the head and six shots to the body. This is not normal Slayer 343 this is SWAT which is suppose to be somewhat a near realistic experience but it just isn't, in saying that, why do I have to melee an enemy twice to kill them on SWAT! It's so stupid, I've never ever known SWAT for two hitting at all. It has always ever been one hit melee kill in SWAT and they're dead. If you were playing normal Slayer modes then okay that's normal, but this is not NORMAL SLAYER guys, this is SWAT.
Get it right.
It has also come to my attention that i don't stand a chance when it comes close to dying in SWAT.
Example: I see an Enemy, he spots me ,I go and line up my shot with them (keep in my mind i'm still alive) I go press RT (Yes i'm a controller user but doesn't bother me) and then i'm dead even though i pressed RT before i even died by half a second or not even that, i should still expect a shot fired from my weapon in the direction of my enemy. It's like i go press RT and then when said enemy kills me, it cancels my shot, even though i pressed RT before i died. I don't see how that's fair play to me or other players that may experience similar issues with SWAT. Also has nothing to with my connection as mine is fine.
* Please put a veto system like in classical H3. In addition to be able to remove an unwanted map, it's a nice moment when you can observe the ranks and profil of your mates and opponents.
* Allow to search only located servers, like US or EU only. No one likes to play with 150ms.
* For Halo Reach, don't remove the DMR from starting pack as some others suggested, it is like removing the BR from Halo 3, it is a non sense. However, you could think of adding the assault rifle in starting packs, so everyone is happy.
The battle rifle can't obliterate vehicles, can you guess what can obliterate vehicles in Halo: Reach
I agree on that and made a new post! DMR needs a nerf, but putting 4v4 or 8v8 without a DMR is just boring af, no skill required.
Nerfing the DMR would just flip it's whole purpose upside down. It is MEANT as a precision weapon with high lethality. Nerfing it would still make the AR useless, as the DMR would still be able to pick an enemy miles away. Two DMR user would still obliterate anything any anyone in any range. Halo was never meant to spawn with a freaking sniper, the whole style of the game was to get a hold on useful weapons while you spawn with not so effective ones.
Also, if they would to nerf the DMR the AR would still be useless, as the DMR would take the BR's place.
Reach has everything to replicate the old Halo CE feeling, with every weapon on the right level. They just have to tweak the spawn.
Other then some frame timing issues and some stuttering the multiplayer play is how I remember it. The only real thing I wanna see come back is the map voting system. I understand with the way its setup it's kinda hard to implement cause of the matchmaking structure. But after the game has been filled for a specific game type I feel the map voting is neccessary to the experience.
Make 8v8 AR+pistol start and let vehicles shine.
8v8 FFA is already AR+Pistol start
DMR starts need to go.
franart wrote:
Hi, this is something I noticed that has happened 4 or 5 times in multiplayer.

MCC HALO GAME: Halo: Reach in PC via Steam.
ISSUE #1: When someone sticked me a sticky grenade and then i active the armor lock ability i exploded and die even with the armor lock active. I know this shouldn't be like that because in Xbox 360 it never happened.
ISSUE #2: Dont know if this is an improvement or an error but in Xbox 360 i can refuse an Energy Sword frontal attack with a melee, but i cant do that in PC. This was so helpful in XBox 360 because it gave me a chance to survive if I had a gun and quickly fired at the enemy when the force of the crash separated us, but I understand if this is an improvement.
These are because of the TU in Reach.

https://www.halopedia.org/Halo:_Reach_Title_Updates#Reduced_Armor_Lock
Remove DMR starts, please.

Every game I play degenerates into the two teams sniping at each other from across the map. There's no diversity of gameplay in this game because of the DMR.
I tried to post this on the Halo Support system, but I was directed to voice a complaint here. So here's my essay.
🡇 OPEN SPOILER BELOW 🡇
Spoiler:
Show
DRM starts has really killed all of my will to play BTB because every DRM game devolves into both teams shooting each other from across the map and taking potshots, while the people actually trying to do objectives and moving around the map get picked off and shot instantly regardless if they are using a vehicle or moving from cover to cover. Simply put, DRM feels way too overpowered to be a starting weapon and I wish there was a way to A) get Magnum/AR starts or B) easily pick between TU and normal modes in BTB. So getting the custom games browser into the game asap would be the best thing for everyone imo.
Photolysis wrote:
Well, I just got kicked because someone decided to deliberately walk into my tank. Goodbye 15 minutes of credits and a good game because of someone else's stupidity.

Apparently all I need to do to troll others is just walk in front of them and then kick them...
Welcome to halo bro...reminds of the old halo 2 multiplayer days when people would intentionally walk in front of me so I would team kill them and they would kick me!!!
jcf55 wrote:
Photolysis wrote:
Well, I just got kicked because someone decided to deliberately walk into my tank. Goodbye 15 minutes of credits and a good game because of someone else's stupidity.

Apparently all I need to do to troll others is just walk in front of them and then kick them...
Welcome to halo bro...reminds of the old halo 2 multiplayer days when people would intentionally walk in front of me so I would team kill them and they would kick me!!!
Don't forget the one's that would jump up and down in front of the sniper trying to get them kicked for touching the sniper
Map voting needs to come back. I'm tired of playing on the Anniversary DLC maps compared to classic Reach maps.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 40
  4. 41
  5. 42
  6. 43
  7. 44
  8. ...
  9. 101