Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo: The Master Chief Collection (PC)

[Locked] MCC Multiplayer Feedback (PC)

OP Postums

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 43
  4. 44
  5. 45
  6. 46
  7. 47
  8. ...
  9. 101
Please 343,

Why we can't see player's armor in lobby....? Please give back the credit system and old ranks as well. Your system is so frustrating..
Loving the game but The new leveling system feels so slow compared to the original.

Making the gear unlock one piece at each level feels tedius and boring. Some pieces locked behind a certain rank makes sense and does encourage some leveling but all of them? Makes it feel too Grindy.

A better alternative in my opinion would be to bring back the credits and change the whole season structure so instead it rewards new emblems and name backgrounds. the armour effects are fine because they should be unlocked through effort.

helmets of the Noble team should be unlocked and available to purchase through the story after certain "events" (e.g completing new Alexandria unlocks air assault)
Mjolnir MK V from completing the game and MK VI for completing the game on legendary.
  • MCC HALO GAME: Halo Reach PC
  • ISSUE/FEEDBACK: Controller aim assists need to be rethought, post-launch.
I understand that the hope was to eventually have all-encompassing cross-play between console and PC, controller and M/K, but now that it's in the wild it's pretty clear that this dream can't be a reality if you want Reach to have long-term competitive staying power on PC.

- The game needs to do Fortnite-style input-based matchmaking, so controller players on PC can eventually play with other console controller players, but M+K players are queued separately.
- At minimum, input-based matchmaking and rankings need to be applied to competitive playlists ASAP, where the strong aim-assist absolutely gives controller players a tangible advantage in tracking targets for easy five shots every time in 1v1 situations.
- Social playlists can probably just continue to be all-in, as they are obviously lower-impact and lower-skill generally, with far less at stake.

As someone who has spent plenty of time watching some competitive players on Twitch and whatnot since launch, there is creeping frustration with the advantages controller players have in these scenarios, that is clearly starting to sour the experience for them. I just don't see how you square the circle of having a real competitive scene for the game, while also mixing inputs that have necessary assists for things like target adhesion. That's inherently not a level playing field.

In summation - the competitive scene for Halo Reach needs to be broken up by input-type, as soon as humanly possible. Controller assists are already turning off major competitive PC players, as they give an advantage - especially in 1v1 scenarios.
One question I've been having... do people use Aimbot in Multiplayer, how should we consider this and what should be done ? I mean.. its a big advantage to other people, and in some matches it seems people may be using it. Not sure tho…but I was wondering about this
do people use Aimbot in Multiplayer
yes; some players use controllers; controllers have aim assist

how should we consider this and what should be done ?
something like Shakes McQueen above you suggested -- input-based matchmaking
remove dmr starts or put them on their own playlist
Things that need to happen if this game is going to survive (at least survive me playing it regularly):

- Remove DMR start for everything and make the DMR a pickup weapon with more than one spawn & Make Playlists for DMR games.

- Nerf the vehicle damage of the DMR - It might have been more acceptable on console, but currently vehicles are torn to shreds, especially with the DMR starts.

- Map / game mode vetoing

- Stop putting Australians in South East Asia servers - Put us on AU / NZ servers only. Putting us anywhere else is going to result in angry gamers and a high amount of games being left.

- More playlists / choice
  • MCC Halo Game: Halo Reach on PC
  • Issue/Feedback: Toxicity and Language From Other Players With No Penalty.
I have found a fair amount of players that personally attack or use really vulgar hate speech towards others people. It’s not possible to report someone in game yet, and it’s not easy to report in general. A lot of the language is from voice chat, which has no filter. I understand I have the power to mute all, but I can’t tell at the start of the match if they’re going to make good call outs or call everyone a racial slur.
Halo Reach PC

I'm not really into having DMR at all times in all modes except selected few, in original it was reversed (and I prefer it that way)
In my opinion it makes games a bit boring since everyone has a power weapon and never wants to use anything else
It also makes pistol pretty much useless, since you always spawn with a stronger version of it
So it'd be really nice to have DMRs as a playlist
  • MCC Halo Game: Halo Reach on PC
  • Issue/Feedback: Toxicity and Language From Other Players With No Penalty.
I have found a fair amount of players that personally attack or use really vulgar hate speech towards others people. It’s not possible to report someone in game yet, and it’s not easy to report in general. A lot of the language is from voice chat, which has no filter. I understand I have the power to mute all, but I can’t tell at the start of the match if they’re going to make good call outs or call everyone a racial slur.
Lol dude, there are so many far more important issues with the game right now that need attention - this isn't a problem. Just ignore, flame them back or mute them.

The solution to your problem: Grow thicker skin. It's an online video game. Expect banter, it can be fun even if you embrace it, but if you really don't like it and of course sometimes it can be understandable and people can be jerks, just mute them. Let the devs focus on the issues that matter. Which is bug fixes and balance.

remove dmr starts or put them on their own playlistremove dmr starts or put them on their own playlistremove dmr starts or put them on their own playlistremove dmr starts or put them on their own playlistremove dmr starts or put them on their own playlistremove dmr starts or put them on their own playlistremove dmr starts or put them on their own playlistremove dmr starts or put them on their own playlistremove dmr starts or put them on their own playlistremove dmr starts or put them on their own playlistremove dmr starts or put them on their own playlistremove dmr starts or put them on their own playlistremove dmr starts or put them on their own playlistremove dmr starts or put them on their own playlistremove dmr starts or put them on their own playlistremove dmr starts or put them on their own playlistremove dmr starts or put them on their own playlistremove dmr starts or put them on their own playlistremove dmr starts or put them on their own playlistremove dmr starts or put them on their own playlistremove dmr starts or put them on their own playlistremove dmr starts or put them on their own playlistremove dmr starts or put them on their own playlistremove dmr starts or put them on their own playlistremove dmr starts or put them on their own playlistremove dmr starts or put them on their own playlistremove dmr starts or put them on their own playlistremove dmr starts or put them on their own playlist
This.
I think the progression system needs to be relooked over again. I love games where there is a goal / progression but seems unrewarding forcing to unlock stuff I would never wear or use.
  • MCC HALO GAME: Halo: Reach
  • ISSUE/FEEDBACK: DMR starts for all social playlists are a bit too frequent. I like the DMR, but it really hampers map-movement and de-emphasizes map/weapon/vehicle control because everyone starts out with such a powerful weapon. I don't advocate for removing DMR starts entirely, but instead would like to see the frequency of Classic Slayer go up so that match starting weapons are a little more varied. (DMR starts should always be the case for MLG/Hardcore, however.)
Unknown wrote:
Here's my thought on Halo Reach MCC PC:
- 10% of the time I play game will get me freeze/ lag for about 3-5 seconds, other most of the time game run very smooth, not sure it's framerate drop or server lag.
- Match Making is sometimes annoying, we have full of players already but the game kick everyone out and starts a new search.
- I love the old school lobby but since it's changed to match making, it's fine as long as there's MAP VOTING, GAME TYPE VOTING and if it's possible, I want players have option to stay with each other and vote + wait for next new match. Well we love to stay to continue our conversation but game force everyone to get out and get new matchmaking, that's quite stupid since anyone is not quick enough to add friend to each other.
- Is it possible to display a "Player Currently Playing Number" count on top??
- If it's possible, change the social games to old school lobby, the 0 player rooms should be removed. And leave the ranked/competitive one as matchmaking as it is right now. I think I would be better, I don't mind Ping rate, we can choose room to join if we want a stable ping rate.
I have some more things about MP:
- Can we have option to fully customize player number please?? The Infection/Zombie mode limits player number at 12 and small maps like Battle Canyon is not available for 8v8, which is ridiculous. Let big player/team option is available for even the smallest map please, just like the very first Halo CE was.
- I remember the old Halo CE Map/Gametype Voting systems was so damn good, even those were server mod. People just need to type to the chat and game will count, why not bring them back??
- Create separate button for Team/All chat channel please, like 8 for Team and 9 for All
- Make change to the scoreboard so we can actually see how many kills/deaths we get
- The match making system for social now I feel it kinda stupid, if a group of people (haven't add friend) want to meet each other next match, they will have to pray lol, or even some people might want to face each other and play the game "hunt" another (may have to change team), they just cant have that fun anymore.
- Simplify the zoom action please, it's just stupid when I have 2 buttons for just an action. Change back to 1st click to zoom 5x, 2nd to 10x and 3rd to normal view please
BUG:
- Sometimes my map list show duplicate map (e.g 2x Highland), one is full uppercase and one is full lowercase
Reach MCC
The Title Update has completely thrown the balance of several gametypes out the window. BtB is almost ruined because of the prevalence of cross-mapping with the DMR, which in the original version was more difficult, King of the Hill becomes a shooting gallery because of DMR starts etc. At least give an option to choose between TU and original, because TU isnt suited for every gametype.
The game needs some way to invite recent players, like you could on the Xbox. It's what made custom games so great on in the glory days.
MCC Reach Multiplayer:

I'd just like to join in and say that there are way too many games with DMR start. Please make team slayer start with things other than the DMR, it breaks tons of maps and turns the games into boring camp fests.
Progression systeme ? What about a big NO ...

Why remove Credit ? Now i have to unlock thing i will never wear ... Stop scraping HALO PLZ ....
  • MCC HALO GAME: Reach PC
  • ISSUE/FEEDBACK: Let people search for different Slayer/game modes please. I'ts cool if you enjoy it but spamming DMR shots at each other from across the map because every single game mode i get is TU team slayer DMR isn't fun for me.
EzRekBoi wrote:
  • Feedback: having sprint as an ability like jetpacks is, in my opinion, stupid, it made your char slower in the general run and getting something else suddenly makes you unable to run a bit faster for a few seconds? really? it's almost as dumb as in games where: "oh no I can't use this sword its LVL 12 and I'm level 11 but oh I just have to kill 12 "Bunnies" and I can use this sword yay (really grinds my gears)
If you want built-in Sprint, then go play Halo 4 or 5, Halo Reach and all that came out before it didn't have sprint as a built in ability, and Halo Reach it was an Armor ability. I don't know why you think it should be built in like CoD or other games that have sprint built in as a default function alongside other armor abilities, but I hope they leave it as is. There's other changes that need to come first
i don't want build in sprint, i would prefer it over the ability to sprint as an armour add on tho, but i liked the mechanic of the halo 1 to 3 (and odst i think?)where you just always run unless ur on a controller where you can adjust the speed with the distance of the joystick from the centre, this and the season point things are the only "problems" i have with halo reach
All you players having issues with halo crashing or freezing in multiplayer campaign, firefight I found the fix. If you uninstall ANY and All razor programs it fixes it. Apparently halo mcc does not run properly with these installed idk why but I played for hours yesterday not a single crash on max settings
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 43
  4. 44
  5. 45
  6. 46
  7. 47
  8. ...
  9. 101