My thoughts on the PC Reach:
- Population right now is really big so I'm getting Europe servers quite often, however this is only for a while as the hype will decrease quickly with the following issues, which demands having an option to choose our nearest datacenter manually. At least let players region lock themselves if they decide to do so, just like in the old games.
- As I see it, the TU update only works with non DMR based starts (unless you're playing btb where the only actual issue is related to the poor vehicle armor, not the starting weapon or the Title Update). Although I like the gun and is very useful, this concrete performance is what prevents many weapons on the map from shining aside from power weapons. It wasn't as bad in the vanilla settings where the DMR had its spamming power seriously nerfed (you can get used to it just like BR starts and it's decent). I've seen countless complaints about this recently, so I believe the best way to address it is splitting up precision weapon starts (Slayer Pro) and auto + pistol starts (Classic Slayer and Objective) in the Composer. Isn't its purpose allowing variety after all?
- The nature of custom games needs mid game team changing to reach their full potential. Honestly, I can't guess why this has been ignored this long (and also affects Halo 2 on the Xbox removing all possibilities of playing Infection and such). A custom game browser would be desirable too.
- The Ranked section is laughable to say the least. Try to combine it with the Social Composer in some way or create a Composer for Ranked (this last option may split the population too much). Having a rank for Invasion is a cool addition that I must point out, because there's plenty of teamwork.
- People going AFK and quitters are still a serious problem, aswell as the lack of skill + team matching that in my opinion leads to that. I'd increase ban times paired with including optional skill parameters in Social and compulsory in Ranked. Moreover, a Join In Progress feature would fix those empty spaces that people create when they leave.
- It seems that the sound is sometimes muffled or even muted. Not sure if this has already been acknowledged, so excuse me if that's the case.
- Mouse and keyboard set works fine, although there's a very annoying problem which is the fact that you can't crouch while moving. I don't agree with the controller nerfs as that operation would change the original Xbox experience (and games like Halo 2 have a stronger auto aim to begin with).
- Chat is hid during match transitions; this should not be the case as constant communication in a confortable way is inportant.
- I like the progression system and its functionality. Ranks are fine. MCC would have been another story if this had been included since the 2014 launch. Nevertheless I have a few complaints about it; first of all, remove experience caps as player performance is not being reflected properly after a certain amount of kills. Secondly, keep the season system and the sequence but don't force people to purchase every single object in the customization menu, just don't allow buying some pieces before achieving the correct rank. The points also seem shallow and unnecessary: better use a credit system based on the exp you get per match or unlock the armor automatically. Although this one is just a preference that can be skipped. Finally, I'd increase the amount of experience for teamwork and performance and decrease the match completed rewards (this would prevent AFK boosting).
- As a final note, I haven't been able to rotate my character to see its new appearance unless using a controller.
From my point of view, those are the most important issues and suggestions with the current PC Reach port. Some of them have already been pointed out before, so I'd ask for a bit more of attention. Overall, I like the port (for instance, I'm getting the chance of playing DLC maps that were very rare in the original) so please improve this parts to get the perfect product. I'm also lookimg forward to seeing the Forge improvements!