Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo: The Master Chief Collection (PC)

[Locked] MCC Multiplayer Feedback (PC)

OP Postums

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 48
  4. 49
  5. 50
  6. 51
  7. 52
  8. ...
  9. 101
it would be great to have some game mods just with AR/Magnum , no DMR
MCC HALO GAME: Reach PC
Issue: No way to select regions in matchmaking. I'm from the UK and I get put on US servers about 50% of the time, please either fix this or give us the option to select which regions we play in.

Thanks
GAMES: Reach (MCC)
ISSUE: DRM start
The DRM is killing my halo experience online.
The rest of the weapons are useless and the vehicles difficult to play.
Please return to AR/Magnum start in Social slayer mode. We can have Swat and hardcore slayer for competitive games.

Sorry for my english.

Thank you
In game K/D ratio is not accurate but halo waypoint is accurate. No matter what happens, even if i go 15-0 in a game, it will put 15-15 to my stats. In game I have over two thousand more deaths than i should have in my stats.
ISSUE: DRM start

More AR starts in Team Slayer, Team objective, & Big team battle. Yes AR starts are there, but in 15 hours, and 100 games, I have gotten 2 AR starts.

Thank you.
ISSUE: DMR start

Please please please please please get rid of the DMR start. Or at least sequester it to Ranked. I'm not seeing anyone push forward since everyone just hangs around the base and shoots. Vehicles are absolutely useless, as well.

Please fix this, 343.
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not post spam.
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
GAME: MCC Reach PC
ISSUE: No map voting.
FEEDBACK: Bring back end of round voting or veto. Having Zealot SWAT foisted upon me every few rounds is cancer.
Gunreal wrote:
In game K/D ratio is not accurate but halo waypoint is accurate. No matter what happens, even if i go 15-0 in a game, it will put 15-15 to my stats. In game I have over two thousand more deaths than i should have in my stats.
Glad to know I'm not the only one experiencing this, thought I was going mad with all the games I went massively positive to still be slightly negative.
  • MCC HALO GAME: MCC Reach PC
    To preface this, I'm only being this harsh because of how much I love this game. Writing long form in a short period isn't exactly something I enjoy so except a ramble.
    Frankly, Postums recent tweet regarding DMR starts is beyond out of touch. I (and from what I've heard majority of the player base) have yet to have a single AR start in BTB and I think maybe two on regular slayer for myself. For me, it seems your weighting on DMR starts has to be in the 90% range to get as little AR starts as I'm getting. For the "play customs instead" argument in the tweet, how are we meant to do this with no EXP gain? As for "Most people prefer DMR starts" read this forum and say it again. I understand that you most likely got your stats from 360/xbox one, but things have changed, a section of the playerbase is not happy with it and it's sucking the enjoyment of the game for them. A straw poll from the steam discussion forum will linked in additional info to support that claim.

Onto to why people aren't enjoying DMR starts, to be honest it's multi faceted but I will my best to keep it short, I'll be only talking about BTB since it's what I play most. The Number one problem is players camping at the back of the map acting like every round is Sniper lite. It is not fun or enjoyable or even skillful. Reach was designed with AR/Mag starts in mind and most maps have long unbroken sight lines that DMRs are able to completely exploit and make running out in the open a walking death sentence. Being in a vehicle isn't even safe as being in a scorpion will have you destroyed in roughly 30 seconds(Exaggerating a bit, buts it's not as strong as it used to be) as you are swarmed by DMRs from every direction, sure you can pick off a couple of people in it but its only delaying the inevitable. That only gets worse for vehicles that aren't tanks. Both of these things compound into basically no one picking up weapons or entering vehicles. Why would they? there's no reason to when you have the most reliable weapon in the game to start with. Additionally Reduced Bloom, Bleedthrough, Mouse aim and strong aim assist on Controllers only contribute to making the DMR a stronger, more overpowered weapon.

As for solutions, these are what I can come up with
    1. Decrease your weighting to a sane amount.
    2. Separate DMR and AR/Mag starts into separate playlists

REPRO STEPS: play social matchmaking
  • ADDITIONAL INFO:
    The tweet referenced: https://twitter.com/343Postums/status/1204870237587296257
    The strawpoll referenced: https://www.strawpoll.me/19057923/r as of writing it was 215 AR; 55 DMR
metalclash wrote:
MCC HALO GAME: Halo Reach PC

ISSUE/FEEDBACK:DMR Starts on BTB (Big team battle) need to go, or have an option to get Veto'd.

Back in the Xbox 360 days, we had 720p, 30fps, low field of view, and imprecise aiming with controller. Now, we have 4k, 144+fps, 120 field of view and precise aiming with keyboard and mouse. DMR starts on BTB have turned into nothing but long range pot shot shootouts. Spawning is ruined, as people instantly do chip damage from across the map. Vehicles are also now useless. Anything less than a wraith and tank gets lit up by no less than 3 people and will get destroyed in 10 seconds, guaranteed.

It has gotten to the point that a team cannot even drive a Warthog across Hemorrhage without getting blown up by DMR spam.

It has gotten to the point that literally NO ONE bothers to use any other weapon than the DMR. Maybe, a plasma pistol for a wraith.

It has gotten to the point that people will only use the DMR until they find a sniper/rocket/laser.

It has gotten to a point that taking damage within 2 seconds of spawning has become the norm.

343 please - this is a huge issue. DMR on PC is MUCH different than what it was on the Xbox 360 and the rules need to be changed to reflect that. BTB isn't even fun anymore, as everything turns into sitting back with DMR and not even bothering to take one step out of cover.
This (bolded) cannot be overstated. Even if you don't personally enjoy magnum/AR starts as much as DMR starts in MCC Reach (though many, perhaps most, social players do), you have to acknowledge that the gaming landscape has changed since Reach on the Xbox 360. The increased precision doesn't matter much for non-precision weapons, but as far as the DMR is concerned, it's essentially a different weapon today than it was back in the day. We simply shouldn't be getting it nearly this often in social games, especially BTB.

One other important point is that skeptics may complain "the only thing we've heard on Reddit and Waypoint over the last few years is that we want BR starts! Now everybody's changing their minds!" But the BR is not the DMR. If Reach had a BR equivalent to the Halo 3 BR (hell, even the Halo 4 or 2 BR's with their lower spread), this would not be as much of an outcry. But the closest thing we've got to an H3 BR in Reach is the magnum (and maybe the needle rifle, but I digress). The magnum — with the TU's reduced bloom — excellently meets the requirement of giving a precise enough starting weapon with headshot mechanics, promoting fun, diverse mid-range combat that social Halo is built on. Remember the golden triangle, 343. Excess DMRs effectively eliminate two of the triangle's three pillars.

343, please do not brush this feedback off as a flaky community changing its mind. This is a different issue than BR starts due to the DMR's raw utility, and PC also changes the conversation a bit. This needs to be quickly addressed in social game types before you drive too many players away.

EDIT: Linking the strawpoll here for exposure and in case 343 finds it useful. Obviously 343 needs to use something more reliable than a self-selected poll, but this is a good start.
That the player ALWAYS start with DMR sucks as hell.
TU gamemodes for everything and DMR in everything is the bane of my existence and of all that is good in Halo.
Add either a classic playlist separate from TU gamemodes or give us some god damn AR + Pistol games for the queue.
Postums (343 employee):
Quote:
If there are not enough AR starts to your liking, please continue to leave feedback you that you want to see more of them.
There aren't just "not enough AR starts," there are practically NONE. Bring it BACK 343!! DMR was never the default. All you had to do was port the game over... Stop trying to fix what isn't broken or else your game will die. Need we remind you of what happened when you first launched MCC years ago? #SaveHALO #SaveMCC
To echo my thoughts from another thread:

There is no reason to capitulate to the ignorant wearing rose tinted glasses. DMR starts were always a part of Reach(and always in BTB) and only grew in ubiquity over time. Every single Halo game is run by its resident precision weapon Pistol, BR(H2/H3), Choose your own precision rifle(H4), Magnum(H5), and in Reach that weapon was the DMR regardless of Bungie's original intent.

Basically all the problems the AR start folks complain about have nothing to do with the DMR. The garbage vehicle health system, bad maps, and badly designed weapons(AR, Repeater, Magnum) all still remain in AR/Magnum starts, the only difference is that respawning player's can't readily defend themselves.This was always how Reach was regardless of the game being vanilla or TU and regardless of whether it was AR or DMR start. Sorry Reach wasn't all you remembered it to be, but removing DMR starts is not going to fix any of problems you have with the game, it will just lead to more one-sided blowout matches.
To add to my previous post, I think Shotty Snipers should also be added to the slayer game types. Another of my favourite modes of old.
And yes I definitely agree with the DMR being too prevalent in slayer gametypes. There's a decent amount of precision weapons to be found on all maps anyway.
Why is footstep noise so quiet? I can hear everything else perfectly fine, is this how it supposed to be? I've tried everything to fix this problem even boosting the EQ range that footstep noise falls in with no success. Can't figure this one out!
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not make discriminatory or inappropriate comments.
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
Game: MCC Halo Reach PC
Subject: Overall Suggestions

So a couple things. First, please PLEASE add a report function at least on PC. Forget about toxicity and racism, there are a good number of people who are afk boting, as well as some people I encountered that intentionally sabotaged hardcore games, and because it seems you can't kick someone in hardcore when my team continually brought the flag to our side this guy would just betray us and bring it to the other side. My whole team could do nothing but betray him back to prevent this.

Second, please add an option to change the keybind for push to talk and text chat. This IMO is a must just like every other keybind option. Honestly don't know why that restriction was put on in the first place.

Third, take away the option to talk to the enemy team at least in matchmaking. When as far as I know the only option to talk to teammates is to talk to EVERYONE it kind of kills any strategy you talk about.

Fourth, Please add a smother custom map and mode browser. Currently the only way to my knowledge of getting custom maps and modes is by knowing the username/gamertag of someone who has it and copying it from their file share. If someone has a map or mode in their file share that means they want to share it. Why not make a overall search system that allows anyone to browse all the maps say sorted by popularity, name, or maker. I would be more willing to wait for forge on PC if this was implemented.

Thank you for reading this block of text if you got this far
WerepyreND wrote:
To echo my thoughts from another thread:

There is no reason to capitulate to the ignorant wearing rose tinted glasses. DMR starts were always a part of Reach(and always in BTB) and only grew in ubiquity over time. Every single Halo game is run by its resident precision weapon Pistol, BR(H2/H3), Choose your own precision rifle(H4), Magnum(H5), and in Reach that weapon was the DMR regardless of Bungie's original intent.

Basically all the problems the AR start folks complain about have nothing to do with the DMR. The garbage vehicle health system, bad maps, and badly designed weapons(AR, Repeater, Magnum) all still remain in AR/Magnum starts, the only difference is that respawning player's can't readily defend themselves.This was always how Reach was regardless of the game being vanilla or TU and regardless of whether it was AR or DMR start. Sorry Reach wasn't all you remembered it to be, but removing DMR starts is not going to fix any of problems you have with the game, it will just lead to more one-sided blowout matches.
Because it's been forever since I've actually played Halo I wanted to give you the benefit of the doubt, and say maybe you're right... maybe you didn't spawn with an SMG during BTB. Look at old videos from Halo 2 dude... you spawned with an SMG. If not anything at least in objective. Anyway, I really don't understand why you think literally most of people on the forum who are GIVING FEEDBACK AND WANT TO SEE THE DEFAULT VERSION OF THE GAME REINSTATED are unwelcome... DMR is a niche playlist. It was never "Team Slayer" and you started with a BR, it was Team BR's. It's always been it's own game. Hell even in the TU settings it says "TU TEAM SLAYER DMR" the only issue people are having with it is that they came to play HALO. Default. True. Halo. They don't want to queue for matchmaking for 99% of the time to spawn with a really amazing gun that's good at literally all ranges. It's flat out lame, and if you don't find it boring or lame, then you honestly must not have been a big Halo fan growing up. And I'll say it again: this whole scenario of getting your face kicked in so bad in team slayer that you "can't possibly fight back" is a fantasy scenario. People are not perfect, they die, and also they run out of ammo (which they never do if they spawn with the only weapon they will be using for the whole match).

343: PLEASE ALLOW PEOPLE TO QUEUE FOR SOCIAL PLAYLISTS WITHOUT DMRS (SLAYER, OBJECTIVE, ALL OF IT). KEEP DMRS FOR RANKED -- NO ONE CARES. And home-boy, check it. Maybe you're used to this weird twisted Halo reality 343 has created... cuz--

Halopedia:
Quote:
"In Team Slayer, players start out with an Assault Rifle. As of September 16, all players also start out with a Magnum as a secondary weapon. First team to get 50 kills wins. Team Slayer has been a major component in most of the Halo series; as it appears in every main game."
Team BRs:
"Players start out with a Battle Rifle and an Assault Rifle. Everything else is normal. First team to 50 points wins."
Halo Alpha:
Quote:
"In Team Slayer, players start out with an Assault rifle or if playing Halo 2 or Halo 2 Anniversary an SMG. As of September 16, all players also start out with a Magnum as a secondary weapon. First team to get 50 kills wins. Team Slayer has been a major component in most of the Halo series; it appears in every game in the original trilogy, and also appears in Halo: Reach."
Big Team Slayer:
"Exactly the same as ordinary Team Slayer, but the amount of players on each team is between 5 and 8, players start with Battle Rifles and Assault rifles as secondary weapons, and the score limit has been increased from 50 to 100, with bigger maps used to accommodate them, and normal slayer rules apply."
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 48
  4. 49
  5. 50
  6. 51
  7. 52
  8. ...
  9. 101