Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo: The Master Chief Collection (PC)

[Locked] MCC Multiplayer Feedback (PC)

OP Postums

  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 49
  4. 50
  5. 51
  6. 52
  7. 53
  8. ...
  9. 101
  • MCC HALO GAME: Reach
  • ISSUE/FEEDBACK: DMR starts make the multiplayer less interesting and loses the best way that Halo is different than other shooters. I would like an option to have AR starts.
WerepyreND wrote:
To echo my thoughts from another thread:

There is no reason to capitulate to the ignorant wearing rose tinted glasses. DMR starts were always a part of Reach(and always in BTB) and only grew in ubiquity over time. Every single Halo game is run by its resident precision weapon Pistol, BR(H2/H3), Choose your own precision rifle(H4), Magnum(H5), and in Reach that weapon was the DMR regardless of Bungie's original intent.

Basically all the problems the AR start folks complain about have nothing to do with the DMR. The garbage vehicle health system, bad maps, and badly designed weapons(AR, Repeater, Magnum) all still remain in AR/Magnum starts, the only difference is that respawning player's can't readily defend themselves.This was always how Reach was regardless of the game being vanilla or TU and regardless of whether it was AR or DMR start. Sorry Reach wasn't all you remembered it to be, but removing DMR starts is not going to fix any of problems you have with the game, it will just lead to more one-sided blowout matches.
Because it's been forever since I've actually played Halo I wanted to give you the benefit of the doubt, and say maybe you're right... maybe you didn't spawn with an SMG during BTB. Look at old videos from Halo 2 dude... you spawned with an SMG. If not anything at least in objective. Anyway, I really don't understand why you think literally most of people on the forum who are GIVING FEEDBACK AND WANT TO SEE THE DEFAULT VERSION OF THE GAME REINSTATED are unwelcome... DMR is a niche playlist. It was never "Team Slayer" and you started with a BR, it was Team BR's. It's always been it's own game. Hell even in the TU settings it says "TU TEAM SLAYER DMR" the only issue people are having with it is that they came to play HALO. Default. True. Halo. They don't want to queue for matchmaking for 99% of the time to spawn with a really amazing gun that's good at literally all ranges. It's flat out lame, and if you don't find it boring or lame, then you honestly must not have been a big Halo fan growing up. And I'll say it again: this whole scenario of getting your face kicked in so bad in team slayer that you "can't possibly fight back" is a fantasy scenario. People are not perfect, they die, and also they run out of ammo (which they never do if they spawn with the only weapon they will be using for the whole match).

343: PLEASE ALLOW PEOPLE TO QUEUE FOR SOCIAL PLAYLISTS WITHOUT DMRS (SLAYER, OBJECTIVE, ALL OF IT). KEEP DMRS FOR RANKED -- NO ONE CARES. And home-boy, check it. Maybe you're used to this weird twisted Halo reality 343 has created... cuz--
For starters I was specifically talking about Reach as far as DMR's being a firm part of the Reach experience from day one, which is still true. I never denied that SMG starts had previously existed, only that the Precision weapons of any given Halo game are always dominate the game regardless of what trash day 1 settings existed. It is not any given utility weapons fault that from H2-Reach all automatics because

I honestly have no idea why some folks believe utility weapon starts are not the core of the Halo experience. AR/Pistol starts were the de-facto settings for anyone playing CE in any slightly competitive circumstance(as in not action sack fair), and the BR, DMR, and friends simply continue that legacy, so swing and a miss on "you must not be a big Halo fan."

As far as one-sided matches are concerned you realize that these precision weapons spawn with so much ammo and respawn so quickly there is no real scenario where a controlling team runs out of precision ammo. As much as some folks like to pretend otherwise, the CE Pistol, BR, DMR, etc are decidedly not power weapons so ammo is basically never an issue, access is. The real fantasy is thinking you are going to overcome a team of equal skill with map control using a worthless AR and a pitiful excuse for a Magnum.

What is really boring is shooting at targets who can't effectively fight back. The idea that there was ever a time where auto starts(give or take a dinky Magnum) allowed everyone to run around with whatever weapon they wanted and find success never existed. If it did it was only ever in the minds of players who have failed to learn how Halo actually plays.

"True" Halo has always been about utility weapon starts, whether certain players or devs realize it or not. The quirks of Halo's design demands versatility off spawn.
slimjim678 wrote:
MCC HALO GAME: Halo Reach PC Window 10 edition
ISSUE/FEEDBACK: I keep getting disconnected from matches or not able to connect to matches at all. It gives me disconnected from Xbox live. Have the same issue with Gears 5. My connection is fine with other multiplayer games that are on steam. Just don't know where to post this issue.
I am having the exact same issue. Purchased through steam, ETH connection. I get removed from the game and disconnected from Xbox Live at random.
WerepyreND wrote:
WerepyreND wrote:
To echo my thoughts from another thread:

There is no reason to capitulate to the ignorant wearing rose tinted glasses. DMR starts were always a part of Reach(and always in BTB) and only grew in ubiquity over time. Every single Halo game is run by its resident precision weapon Pistol, BR(H2/H3), Choose your own precision rifle(H4), Magnum(H5), and in Reach that weapon was the DMR regardless of Bungie's original intent.

Basically all the problems the AR start folks complain about have nothing to do with the DMR. The garbage vehicle health system, bad maps, and badly designed weapons(AR, Repeater, Magnum) all still remain in AR/Magnum starts, the only difference is that respawning player's can't readily defend themselves.This was always how Reach was regardless of the game being vanilla or TU and regardless of whether it was AR or DMR start. Sorry Reach wasn't all you remembered it to be, but removing DMR starts is not going to fix any of problems you have with the game, it will just lead to more one-sided blowout matches.
Because it's been forever since I've actually played Halo I wanted to give you the benefit of the doubt, and say maybe you're right... maybe you didn't spawn with an SMG during BTB. Look at old videos from Halo 2 dude... you spawned with an SMG. If not anything at least in objective. Anyway, I really don't understand why you think literally most of people on the forum who are GIVING FEEDBACK AND WANT TO SEE THE DEFAULT VERSION OF THE GAME REINSTATED are unwelcome... DMR is a niche playlist. It was never "Team Slayer" and you started with a BR, it was Team BR's. It's always been it's own game. Hell even in the TU settings it says "TU TEAM SLAYER DMR" the only issue people are having with it is that they came to play HALO. Default. True. Halo. They don't want to queue for matchmaking for 99% of the time to spawn with a really amazing gun that's good at literally all ranges. It's flat out lame, and if you don't find it boring or lame, then you honestly must not have been a big Halo fan growing up. And I'll say it again: this whole scenario of getting your face kicked in so bad in team slayer that you "can't possibly fight back" is a fantasy scenario. People are not perfect, they die, and also they run out of ammo (which they never do if they spawn with the only weapon they will be using for the whole match).

343: PLEASE ALLOW PEOPLE TO QUEUE FOR SOCIAL PLAYLISTS WITHOUT DMRS (SLAYER, OBJECTIVE, ALL OF IT). KEEP DMRS FOR RANKED -- NO ONE CARES. And home-boy, check it. Maybe you're used to this weird twisted Halo reality 343 has created... cuz--
For starters I was specifically talking about Reach as far as DMR's being a firm part of the Reach experience from day one, which is still true. I never denied that SMG starts had previously existed, only that the Precision weapons of any given Halo game are always dominate the game regardless of what trash day 1 settings existed. It is not any given utility weapons fault that from H2-Reach all automatics because

I honestly have no idea why some folks believe utility weapon starts are not the core of the Halo experience. AR/Pistol starts were the de-facto settings for anyone playing CE in any slightly competitive circumstance(as in not action sack fair), and the BR, DMR, and friends simply continue that legacy, so swing and a miss on "you must not be a big Halo fan."

As far as one-sided matches are concerned you realize that these precision weapons spawn with so much ammo and respawn so quickly there is no real scenario where a controlling team runs out of precision ammo. As much as some folks like to pretend otherwise, the CE Pistol, BR, DMR, etc are decidedly not power weapons so ammo is basically never an issue, access is. The real fantasy is thinking you are going to overcome a team of equal skill with map control using a worthless AR and a pitiful excuse for a Magnum.

What is really boring is shooting at targets who can't effectively fight back. The idea that there was ever a time where auto starts(give or take a dinky Magnum) allowed everyone to run around with whatever weapon they wanted and find success never existed. If it did it was only ever in the minds of players who have failed to learn how Halo actually plays.

"True" Halo has always been about utility weapon starts, whether certain players or devs realize it or not. The quirks of Halo's design demands versatility off spawn.
One final response cuz this is getting silly. It's a feedback thread, not an argument thread. I know I accused you of not being a fan and you're accusing me of being bad, and maybe we're both sorry BUT...

We clearly have two varying opinions on the matter. You basically can't fathom why any other gun but the DMR exists (saw it in another thread) and I can't fathom why anyone would want to start a match with a DMR. A vast number of us just want classic playlists to be an option to queue for specifically and clearly there are some dudes like yourself that would rather jump off a bridge than start with an AR. I get it, you're legitimately worried about a scenario I think is kind of a joke, but do you ever just play socials tho? Like does this thread even relate to you remotely? I feel like you don't. Regardless, at the moment I would assume you're probably super happy playing Reach in MCC. After all you spawn in just about every single game mode with a DMR, but what I don't understand is why you're against everyone else wanting to enjoy the game too -- except the way it was originally released.

Looping this back around to the purpose of the whole thread tho: 343, clearly players have their opinions on this issue, but there are two sides and it's unfair that you've all but removed AR starts from all of the social playlists where nostalgic Halo players like myself want to game and enjoy the default Halo experience, not some modified variants... PLEASE ALLOW PEOPLE TO **AT LEAST** QUEUE FOR SOCIAL PLAYLISTS WITHOUT DMRS (SLAYER, OBJECTIVE, ALL OF IT). KEEP DMRS FOR RANKED -- NO ONE CARES. Please help your player base get the best of both worlds before two thirds of them stop playing.
With Halo: Reach, when I try to join multiplayer, I always get freezes/lag searching for players to either get pulled after finding players or kicked for idling. It will find players only to remove all and search for more players. Two times have I gotten full lobbies with player's names showing up and the match launched, only after half way loading I get disconnected. In campaign I think I lag very slightly, vs when I've played without Anti cheat active, it was perfectly smooth. I can't test multiplayer much of course with anti cheat off. I'm not sure if something like that is affecting it or what else could be affecting it but I've not been able to play any multiplayer yet. I updated drivers to see if that was an issue and nothing helped.

Specs?
GPU- GTX 1070 MSI gaming Z 8gb
CPU- Intel Core i7-6700k quad
Motherboard- Z170A GAMING M7
RAM- G.SKILL TridentZ Series 32GB (4x 8GB) 288-Pin DDR4 SDRAM DDR4 3200
I have two monitors running? one through motherboard and other through GPU? one is a 2560x1440 acer monitor and the other is like a 32 inch tv/monitor hybrid kind of thing. 1920x1080. Insignia tv .
I can't figure out any reasons for why I can't play. I can play campaign, not multiplayer, haven't tried firefight. I asked others and they can connect fine.

  • MCC HALO GAME: Halo Reach PC (MCC)
  • ISSUE/FEEDBACK:
Matchmaking:

Separate TU games into their own playlist
  • Reduced reticle bloom and DMR starts fundamentally change the way the game is played. They discourage map control, make the majority of other weapons redundant, make vehicles completely unusable, grinds objective gamemodes to a sluggish standstill, and punishes players for doing anything but sitting in their spawn and peaking to plink at the other guys peaking from their spawn. Remove TU gamemodes to their own playlist and include an option to remove DMR start gamemodes from this playlist. No one wants to be forced to play these gamemodes and the fact that we are is one of two major contributors to people dodging games and quitting early/idling.
Restore Map and Gametype voting system
  • As above, there was no reason to remove this system and it only results in people dodging games, leaving early, idling, and generally not having fun.
Restore matchmaking preference system
  • There was no reason to remove the system which allowed players to specify what sort of gameplay experience they were looking for. Matchmaking based off level/xp/stats is fine for balance, but it doesn't necessarily mean players are going to have fun or enjoy the game. Restore this system to improve player experience.
Add map search preferences (especially custom maps)
  • In addition to restoring the map/gametype voting system, include options for whether players want to exclude DLC and community-made maps from their search. Many players have already vocalized the varying quality of community maps. Personally I'd even advise taking this a step further and allowing players select specific maps they want to match on, and to rate their enjoyment of a map/gametype combo, especially community made maps. This data can then be used to adjust playlists in the future, just as was done at the original launch.
Remove progression system
  • The game has been out for a decade. There is absolutely no reason to lock cosmetic items behind artificial progression. Players already have nameplate unlocks if they want something they can show off for special accomplishments. Furthermore, the current progression system serves no purpose. Everything is unlocked linearly with no choice from the player. The point of cosmetics is for players to customize their character to look the way they want them to. In the original game players were at least able to purchase which specific cosmetics they wanted to, and they had milestone and challenge rewards to help them reach the specific aesthetic they desired. Reintroducing an arbitrary linear progression system to a game nearly a decade old is pointless. Let players look how they want to look. All this has done is encouraged players to find ways to idle/grind matchmaking for xp so they can unlock the cosmetics they want to use. This progression system has created an active detriment to the enjoyment of the game for no real purpose.
  • If a progression system is decided to be retained for player customization options, it MUST meet these criteria:
  1. Customization options can be unlocked in any order.
  2. Earnings must be the same throughout all playlists. This prevents players from grinding specific gamemodes for customization unlocks, even if they don't actually enjoy that gamemode or want to play that playlist.
  3. Earnings must be made available in custom games and campaign and be on even footings with matchmaking playlist earnings. For the same reason as above. If players really want to set up custom game modes or abuse campaign checkpoints to grind for cosmetics, let them. It only changes how their character looks and lets them play the game the way they want to.
  4. Customization progression should not be used to determine skill/matchmaking.
  5. Restore weekly/daily tasks/challenges for players to earn bonus points towards customization unlocks. This promotes community involvement and creative gameplay, assuming they are similar to the original challenges and NOT criteria that would encourage play detrimental to the enjoyment of players (themselves, their teammates, or otherwise). No one wants to enter a 4v4 and have one player constantly hogging the sniper rifle trying to line up a double headshot instead of defending the flag.
Remove leaver penalty
  • The leaver penalty is completely unnecessary, ineffective, and addresses a symptom rather than the underlying problem. People are leaving games because the modes/map setups are not fun and they have no option to set their preferences or veto modes to avoid matches they do not want to play because they know they won't have fun. People are idling to unlock the cosmetics they want to use because the progression system has been butchered, gives them no choice, and is pointless anyways.
  • Fix the game and you wont need a leaver/idler penalty. Fix the game so your players can have fun, do not waste development time and resources trying to force your playerbase to play the way you want them to.
  • It MAY be worth considering retaining the leaver penalty system for the hardcore/arena playlist if you want to encourage competitive play, but in this case the same gamemodes MUST also be available to the players outside of this playlist.
Add Server Browser
  • Nearly all of the mentioned matchmaking fixes can be accomplished by simply adding a server browser. This is a PC game. There is no need to integrate it with console-based matchmaking, leaderboards, or cross-platform play.
Part(1/2)
Part 2
https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/forums/f3681fbc78fa43878c4aec9a63a46224/topics/mcc-multiplayer-feedback-pc/46d5cc54-4a2d-478d-89c6-ec27fd8ef84a/posts?page=55#post1085
WerepyreND wrote:
To echo my thoughts from another thread:

There is no reason to capitulate to the ignorant wearing rose tinted glasses. DMR starts were always a part of Reach(and always in BTB) and only grew in ubiquity over time. Every single Halo game is run by its resident precision weapon Pistol, BR(H2/H3), Choose your own precision rifle(H4), Magnum(H5), and in Reach that weapon was the DMR regardless of Bungie's original intent.

Basically all the problems the AR start folks complain about have nothing to do with the DMR. The garbage vehicle health system, bad maps, and badly designed weapons(AR, Repeater, Magnum) all still remain in AR/Magnum starts, the only difference is that respawning player's can't readily defend themselves.This was always how Reach was regardless of the game being vanilla or TU and regardless of whether it was AR or DMR start. Sorry Reach wasn't all you remembered it to be, but removing DMR starts is not going to fix any of problems you have with the game, it will just lead to more one-sided blowout matches.
Except that the Magnum for AR starts is plenty precise without have unlimited range and near zero bloom, and doesn't completely oppress vehicles (just like every other weapon on your list doesn't)
Reach DMR is the only precision weapon on spawn that allows you to effectively cross map snipe without a hint of effort, and then turn and blow up a Wraith from the front with a friend in the same go.
WerepyreND wrote:
WerepyreND wrote:
To echo my thoughts from another thread:

There is no reason to capitulate to the ignorant wearing rose tinted glasses. DMR starts were always a part of Reach(and always in BTB) and only grew in ubiquity over time. Every single Halo game is run by its resident precision weapon Pistol, BR(H2/H3), Choose your own precision rifle(H4), Magnum(H5), and in Reach that weapon was the DMR regardless of Bungie's original intent.

Basically all the problems the AR start folks complain about have nothing to do with the DMR. The garbage vehicle health system, bad maps, and badly designed weapons(AR, Repeater, Magnum) all still remain in AR/Magnum starts, the only difference is that respawning player's can't readily defend themselves.This was always how Reach was regardless of the game being vanilla or TU and regardless of whether it was AR or DMR start. Sorry Reach wasn't all you remembered it to be, but removing DMR starts is not going to fix any of problems you have with the game, it will just lead to more one-sided blowout matches.
Because it's been forever since I've actually played Halo I wanted to give you the benefit of the doubt, and say maybe you're right... maybe you didn't spawn with an SMG during BTB. Look at old videos from Halo 2 dude... you spawned with an SMG. If not anything at least in objective. Anyway, I really don't understand why you think literally most of people on the forum who are GIVING FEEDBACK AND WANT TO SEE THE DEFAULT VERSION OF THE GAME REINSTATED are unwelcome... DMR is a niche playlist. It was never "Team Slayer" and you started with a BR, it was Team BR's. It's always been it's own game. Hell even in the TU settings it says "TU TEAM SLAYER DMR" the only issue people are having with it is that they came to play HALO. Default. True. Halo. They don't want to queue for matchmaking for 99% of the time to spawn with a really amazing gun that's good at literally all ranges. It's flat out lame, and if you don't find it boring or lame, then you honestly must not have been a big Halo fan growing up. And I'll say it again: this whole scenario of getting your face kicked in so bad in team slayer that you "can't possibly fight back" is a fantasy scenario. People are not perfect, they die, and also they run out of ammo (which they never do if they spawn with the only weapon they will be using for the whole match).

343: PLEASE ALLOW PEOPLE TO QUEUE FOR SOCIAL PLAYLISTS WITHOUT DMRS (SLAYER, OBJECTIVE, ALL OF IT). KEEP DMRS FOR RANKED -- NO ONE CARES. And home-boy, check it. Maybe you're used to this weird twisted Halo reality 343 has created... cuz--
For starters I was specifically talking about Reach as far as DMR's being a firm part of the Reach experience from day one, which is still true. I never denied that SMG starts had previously existed, only that the Precision weapons of any given Halo game are always dominate the game regardless of what trash day 1 settings existed. It is not any given utility weapons fault that from H2-Reach all automatics because

I honestly have no idea why some folks believe utility weapon starts are not the core of the Halo experience. AR/Pistol starts were the de-facto settings for anyone playing CE in any slightly competitive circumstance(as in not action sack fair), and the BR, DMR, and friends simply continue that legacy, so swing and a miss on "you must not be a big Halo fan."

As far as one-sided matches are concerned you realize that these precision weapons spawn with so much ammo and respawn so quickly there is no real scenario where a controlling team runs out of precision ammo. As much as some folks like to pretend otherwise, the CE Pistol, BR, DMR, etc are decidedly not power weapons so ammo is basically never an issue, access is. The real fantasy is thinking you are going to overcome a team of equal skill with map control using a worthless AR and a pitiful excuse for a Magnum.

What is really boring is shooting at targets who can't effectively fight back. The idea that there was ever a time where auto starts(give or take a dinky Magnum) allowed everyone to run around with whatever weapon they wanted and find success never existed. If it did it was only ever in the minds of players who have failed to learn how Halo actually plays.

"True" Halo has always been about utility weapon starts, whether certain players or devs realize it or not. The quirks of Halo's design demands versatility off spawn.
One final response cuz this is getting silly. It's a feedback thread, not an argument thread. I know I accused you of not being a fan and you're accusing me of being bad, and maybe we're both sorry BUT...

We clearly have two varying opinions on the matter. You basically can't fathom why any other gun but the DMR exists (saw it in another thread) and I can't fathom why anyone would want to start a match with a DMR. A vast number of us just want classic playlists to be an option to queue for specifically and clearly there are some dudes like yourself that would rather jump off a bridge than start with an AR. I get it, you're legitimately worried about a scenario I think is kind of a joke, but do you ever just play socials tho? Like does this thread even relate to you remotely? I feel like you don't. Regardless, at the moment I would assume you're probably super happy playing Reach in MCC. After all you spawn in just about every single game mode with a DMR, but what I don't understand is why you're against everyone else wanting to enjoy the game too -- except the way it was originally released.

Looping this back around to the purpose of the whole thread tho: 343, clearly players have their opinions on this issue, but there are two sides and it's unfair that you've all but removed AR starts from all of the social playlists where nostalgic Halo players like myself want to game and enjoy the default Halo experience, not some modified variants... PLEASE ALLOW PEOPLE TO **AT LEAST** QUEUE FOR SOCIAL PLAYLISTS WITHOUT DMRS (SLAYER, OBJECTIVE, ALL OF IT). KEEP DMRS FOR RANKED -- NO ONE CARES. Please help your player base get the best of both worlds before two thirds of them stop playing.
Yes, I'm sure we are both sorry while you are complaining about your strawman version of myself. I personally quite like using other weapons, I just don't force myself to use badly designed, underpowered weapons just for the sake of it which amounts to about 3 of ~20 weapons in Reach(AR, Repeater, Magnum). I also recognize the need to have a versatile spawning weapon with potent niche weapons that allow you to specialize, unfortunately the balance isn't always there for certain niche weapons

I almost exclusively play social or BTB, are hardly ever touched the ranked playlists let alone the Hardcore playlists, so what happens in social does in fact affect me. I mean hey, if an option in the composer meant I never had to play AR starts in social Halo 3 or Reach that would be nice, but the simplest solution is just to remove auto starts from everywhere but action sack where they belong.

Also "two-thirds" lol, people really don't remember what Reach was like in the run up to Halo 4. Spoilers: It was filled to the brim with DMR starts, just like MCC is and should remain.
Me and my roommate can't play together in a match. I downloaded a VPN but whenever the VPN is connected it disconnects me from Xbox live. How're are we supposed to play Multiplayer together if we can't play period (it was the whole reason we got the game and I'm open to any solutions)
IIIorbIII wrote:
WerepyreND wrote:
To echo my thoughts from another thread:

There is no reason to capitulate to the ignorant wearing rose tinted glasses. DMR starts were always a part of Reach(and always in BTB) and only grew in ubiquity over time. Every single Halo game is run by its resident precision weapon Pistol, BR(H2/H3), Choose your own precision rifle(H4), Magnum(H5), and in Reach that weapon was the DMR regardless of Bungie's original intent.

Basically all the problems the AR start folks complain about have nothing to do with the DMR. The garbage vehicle health system, bad maps, and badly designed weapons(AR, Repeater, Magnum) all still remain in AR/Magnum starts, the only difference is that respawning player's can't readily defend themselves.This was always how Reach was regardless of the game being vanilla or TU and regardless of whether it was AR or DMR start. Sorry Reach wasn't all you remembered it to be, but removing DMR starts is not going to fix any of problems you have with the game, it will just lead to more one-sided blowout matches.
Except that the Magnum for AR starts is plenty precise without have unlimited range and near zero bloom, and doesn't completely oppress vehicles (just like every other weapon on your list doesn't)
Reach DMR is the only precision weapon on spawn that allows you to effectively cross map snipe without a hint of effort, and then turn and blow up a Wraith from the front with a friend in the same go.
The garbage vehicle health system will remain regardless of whether you remove DMR starts or not. You could transplant the DMR exactly as is in to CE-H3 and it wouldn't "oppress" vehicles because the vehicle system isn't terrible in those games. As long as the chip damage system exists vehicles in Reach will never be good and badly designed maps will remain bad even if you remove DMR starts. The DMR and other precision weapons will still exist only respawning players won't have a chance of defending themselves with a Magnum in BTB or 4v4 for that matter.
I don't know what the big issue is or what this 'new' trend with afking to xp grind but its getting out of hand. More and more people are starting to do it and it spread to firefight. (At that time 3 were afk sitting and it was just me) There needs to be a report option on the game menu player list or 343 needs to come up with something to stop the mass afk to gain xp. Halo was never like this back in the old days and idk why its a thing now.
WerepyreND wrote:
IIIorbIII wrote:
WerepyreND wrote:
The garbage vehicle health system will remain regardless of whether you remove DMR starts or not. You could transplant the DMR exactly as is in to CE-H3 and it wouldn't "oppress" vehicles because the vehicle system isn't terrible in those games. As long as the chip damage system exists vehicles in Reach will never be good and badly designed maps will remain bad even if you remove DMR starts. The DMR and other precision weapons will still exist only respawning players won't have a chance of defending themselves with a Magnum in BTB or 4v4 for that matter.
Except that chip damage isn't the reason that the DMR is OP against vehicles, it's just that with two or three friends you can flat out destroy every vehicle the game bar the Scorpion with a mag each, give or take a reload from one of you. It's absurd how much damage it does to vehicles and is clearly sitting in the median between powerweapons and standard weapons. Your vehicle being unable to repair is just the icing on the cake.
IIIorbIII wrote:
WerepyreND wrote:
IIIorbIII wrote:
WerepyreND wrote:
The garbage vehicle health system will remain regardless of whether you remove DMR starts or not. You could transplant the DMR exactly as is in to CE-H3 and it wouldn't "oppress" vehicles because the vehicle system isn't terrible in those games. As long as the chip damage system exists vehicles in Reach will never be good and badly designed maps will remain bad even if you remove DMR starts. The DMR and other precision weapons will still exist only respawning players won't have a chance of defending themselves with a Magnum in BTB or 4v4 for that matter.
Except that chip damage isn't the reason that the DMR is OP against vehicles, it's just that with two or three friends you can flat out destroy every vehicle the game bar the Scorpion with a mag each, give or take a reload from one of you. It's absurd how much damage it does to vehicles and is clearly sitting in the median between powerweapons and standard weapons. Your vehicle being unable to repair is just the icing on the cake.
Which is what happens when vehicles take direct damage from small arms rather than the damage being mitigated by player shields. The fact that death by attrition exists at is the problem. Sadly this is how Reach BTB always was, a lot of your apparently forgot. Ruining the infantry game to try and bail out the drowning vehicles with a spoon is not a solution.
  • MCC HALO GAME: Halo Reach
  • ISSUE/FEEDBACK: Please add an option for AR starts. DMR starts have their place, but I have never ONCE seen an AR start, and it's starting to get really stale.
  • Game MCC Reach PC
  • Issue/feedback:every 9/10 times when I'm on a social game it ends straight away and it's really annoying because I get banned because of it and I just want to play with people
Game runs smooth, love it. Chat has evolved my multiplayer experience.
  • MCC HALO GAME: Halo Reach
  • ISSUE/FEEDBACK: Game is really solid but DMR starts are dragging the game down. Playing on gamemodes that aren't deathmatch focused are severely gimped by forcing DMR starts.
With Halo: Reach, when I try to join multiplayer, I always get freezes/lag searching for players to either get pulled after finding players or kicked for idling. It will find players only to remove all and search for more players. Two times have I gotten full lobbies with player's names showing up and the match launched, only after half way loading I get disconnected. In campaign I think I lag very slightly, vs when I've played without Anti cheat active, it was perfectly smooth. I can't test multiplayer much of course with anti cheat off. I'm not sure if something like that is affecting it or what else could be affecting it but I've not been able to play any multiplayer yet. I updated drivers to see if that was an issue and nothing helped.

Specs?
GPU- GTX 1070 MSI gaming Z 8gb
CPU- Intel Core i7-6700k quad
Motherboard- Z170A GAMING M7
RAM- G.SKILL TridentZ Series 32GB (4x 8GB) 288-Pin DDR4 SDRAM DDR4 3200
I have two monitors running? one through motherboard and other through GPU? one is a 2560x1440 acer monitor and the other is like a 32 inch tv/monitor hybrid kind of thing. 1920x1080. Insignia tv .
I can't figure out any reasons for why I can't play. I can play campaign, not multiplayer, haven't tried firefight. I asked others and they can connect fine.
Its the anticheat. Easy Anticheat is really bad and is unfortunately giving me a similar issue that you're running into. Even more unfortunate is that there is no support from the supposed MCC support. Its been a whole week and I have received no assistance in troubleshooting the issue I have.

From all of the attempts I've made, something is weird about the online portion of the game. The only thing I can think of is the anticheat. I've had a similar issue with Dead By Daylight which also runs easy anticheat. At one point I had to fresh install the game and repair EAC which caused EAC to ban me from the game claiming that the files were tampered with.

To close," WHERE IS MY SUPPORT?!?!"
  • Game: Halo Reach
  • Feedback
First of all Thank you 343. I used to play reach all the time on Xbox way back in the day. when I heard it was coming out on PC I was ecstatic but cautious. I gotta give it to ya; GREAT JOB!!! the game runs smooth except for some minor frame rate issues which I attribute to my PC rather than the game. I only have one complaint, The lack of Assault rifle and magnum starting weapons in the slayer and big team battle playlists. I love the gun but I think it ruins the balance of the sandbox when everyone has it. In slayer it forces everyone to stay in cover too often, this limits movement around the map. The DMRs also make close range weapons like the shotgun, energy sword, gravity hammer, and needler much less useful because it is so difficult to get close enough to enemies without getting sniped. In big team battle it makes most of the vehicles useless. With the warthog the gunners get killed way to easily. The falcon and the banshee are too delicate to be spammed by DMRs. This makes me not want to use vehicles. On foot it is extremely difficult to move around the map because I am constantly being pinned by DMR's. I would love the assault rifle and magnum matches to be more prevalent or to have each their own separate playlist. Thank you 343 for bringing Halo back to PC!
Game: Halo Reach
Issue/Feedback: I'll start out by stating that it obvious I not even the first 100 person who been asking for AR spawn mode, or an option to vote like console reach or veto like back in Halo 3 for map/mode. This is a running issue that a lot of people who coming to the series experience on PC. DMR seem to the focus of this debate, but it by itself not the root of the problem. The DMR is a really good weapon, it debatable to consider it a "Soft" power weapon due to it versatility and utility to be able to engage in any situation and most come out on top. Example: DMR vs Shotgun/energysword. If the power weapon user are not within spitting distant to the DMR user and don't have ability to get close, they will die since you can just walk back and kill them as they trying to get close. The only 2 power weapon that can consistently beat DMR are the Sniper and the Rocket launcher. These are the only weapon worth picking up and use since will usually beat DMR user in their limited ammo capacity. There isn't a single root behind this issue that a large portion of your player base experience. Vehicle health mechanic that make 90% of vehicle not viable in BTB when everyone spawn with DMR. The lack of a voting/veto system for people to have agency in what they play. The easily accessible to DMR in DMR spawn, not only that you have it, but you should never run out of it since everyone on both team spawn with it, which leave ammo lying everywhere. This lead to DMR being spam on vehicle without a second thought since you can just demolish them without worries about ammo, compare to when DMR is only a pick up. People will worries to conserve ammo instead of spamming their precious DMR ammo on vehicle. All of these problem lead to many game mostly feel the same compare to the more free float play style that Ar/pistol start allow. Remove depth from the game since map control for power weapon and vehicle matter less when you already spawn with DMR. This problem is especially worst on BTB where vehicle suppose to be a major focus of mode. Now anyone getting in a vehicle in short of Wrath or Scorpion got themselves and their passenger a one way ticket to bullet hell. This not only come at a detriment for their team, but it also discourage people from trying thing out and have fun when the most optimal way to play and win is Hiding behind cover and shoot at mid-long range distant with DMR like it Trench Warfare, and anyone dare to walk out in the open to go for power weapon basically just step into No Man Land. I not asking for the the reverse of TU, or the removal of DMR, I recognize that there are people who prefer DMR spawn as their mode. All I asking is the accommodation for a large portion of the player base by giving a separate mode free of DMR spawn. As shown in the on going poll, there is a large number of the player base who wish for this to happen. https://twitter.com/343Postums/status/1204890622470934528 pleas at least read their concern and reason
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 49
  4. 50
  5. 51
  6. 52
  7. 53
  8. ...
  9. 101