Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo: The Master Chief Collection (PC)

[Locked] MCC Multiplayer Feedback (PC)

OP Postums

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 52
  4. 53
  5. 54
  6. 55
  7. 56
  8. ...
  9. 101
Pillow119 wrote:
WerepyreND wrote:
Methinks we shouldn't put to much stock into the decisions made in the famously popular and long lived Halo 2 Vista port.... Imagine thinking the BR and DMR are too accurate for mouse input, but thinking the best solution is to make sure respawning players can't possibly fight back against precision weapons, let alone sniper rifles.
In the CTF games that I played, enemy players didn't spawn within my sightlines. If nobody starts with the DMR, spawnkilling won't be an issue. If the enemy has a sniper rifle and you spawn right in his face, you're going to die regardless of what gun you have equipped on spawn.
Your personal anecdotes do not representative samples make. Short of removing all precision rifles on the map, spawnkilling is only going to get worse as the team with map control can easily keep grabbing the respawning rifles along with their power weapons and fire on respawning players with complete impunity.
Quote:
There are at least two DMRs on the map at any point, on each side. Both teams have equal chances of acquiring a precision weapon, making those spots contested areas, and once those areas are secured by one of the teams, they can move in and take the flag or plant the bomb. The enemy team can, in turn, take back the contested areas because, again, not everyone spawned with a precision weapon that's capable of cross-mapping, so if they make a coordinated push they can kill the few DMR users and take the guns for themselves. To reiterate, even if the enemy team has both spawns of the DMR and Sniper, that's still only 4 players out of 8, instead of all of them. Your team may still very well be capable of winning the game with the help of vehicles and coordination, something that simply doesn't exist when everyones first thought when they spawn right now is "where is enemy". Why should they care about teamwork and coordination when they already have a powerweapon equipped and ready to murder from across the map? Besides, the Magnum is still a very decent precision weapon. I've killed multiple DMR users at significant ranges with a Magnum in invasion, where bloom is maxed. Surely people can find a way to use the 85% less bloomed Magnum in BTB?
You can't contest neutral weapons without spawning with a weapon you can actually contest with. It doesn't matter if there are only 4 players if they can all cut you to ribbons before you ever have a chance of getting within effective range. If a map has safe routes for an AR/Magnum start player to move, there are also safe places for DMR players to move and break stalemates. Static gameplay is a symptom of bad map design not a weapon being too accurate.

The Magnum is only "decent" when compared to the AR or Repeater(the two other bad weapons), when you combine its lower magnification scope, shallow magazine, as well as base spread and bloom, you are not going to accomplish much against any halfway decent player. Again your personal annecdotes about the time you managed to kill a player with potato aim are not really relevant.
Quote:
Vehicles finally have a use again, the weapon sandbox finally has a use again, Halo's core gameplay is restored. Pop pop matches from across the map can be done in Team Hardcore. Let people who don't have laser aim have a bit of fun in team based gamemodes too.
Vehicles are never going to have a use as long as the Chip damage system is in place, all the fundamental problems still remain. The majority of the sandbox has always been and still is useful. There are all of 3 underpowered weapons out of some 20 odd weapons and if a player can't find the others useful during DMR starts that says more about their weaknesses as a player than it does how powerful the DMR is.
Quote:
For the record: Never played on console, just on CE and 2 PC. I have no problem aiming with the DMR and can do just fine in all gamemodes. This isn't a "waaah dmr too strong" issue, it's an issue that plagues the game with repetitivity and, ultimately, staleness. A varied, chaotic game makes for a much more entertaining experience.
This was always how Reach was, whether certain folks in this thread remembered that or not. A lack of variety is not an issue just because certain folks can make use of 3 specific underpowered weapons. Nothing good comes out of auto starts, its been tried multiple times and precision weapon starts always return for good reason.
Quote:
Maybe this was alright on the 360 at 60fps and lower resolution, but on PC at a very reasonable minimum of 60fps 1080p where you can see the pinky finger of an enemy 100 meters away from you if you zoom in with your DMR, no. It ain't okay my dude. (sorry if this post comes across as confrontational, all I want is for the game to be better and I have no intention of insulting opposing opinions)
No all these things existed in the 360 version, but removing DMR starts isn't going to fix the broken vehicle health system, bad maps, or make 3 underpowered weapons balanced. All you would get is more one-sided blowout games.
Hello! I have compiled a list of various community feedback, that i will post in full elsewhere soon, and I'm sharing parts of that feedback on these forums. Here's the feedback for multiplayer of MCC's Halo:Reach, on PC (Stuff already known by 343 is not included) :
  • The community is in general disagreement of Mouse & Keyboard VS Gamepad Balance and wants the devs to take another look at it and make sure it's Balanced and fun for everyone.
  • There is no Way to move slowly while standing, if you use a keyboard. (Please add a "walk" keybind)
  • (Possibly intended) If a weapon and an armor ability are placed close to each other, the ability will always take pick-up priority, making it hard to pick up the weapon
  • (Possibly Intended) Vehicles with the boost ability will splatter enemies when they boost regardless of the speed they're moving at, causing unintuitive gameplay. (also affects things like damage from hitting other vehicles head-on and exploding then colliding with an armor-locked target
  • (Possibly a hold-over from 360) The Rocket launcher doesn't have a "put weapon away" animation, causing the "evade" ability to appear broken if it's used with the launcher equipped. (support ticket sent)
  • Certain modes, such as "racing" and "Juggernaut", are unavailable via playlists and should be added.
  • Map voting is a highly requested feature. People are also asking to review certain modes and add more appropriate maps for the rotation (High Noon on Swat comes to mind)
  • Starting loadouts should be looked at, generally there are complaints about starting with DMRs.
  • Matchmaking – It's annoying getting removed from the queue because the game couldn't find anyone before the AFK timer hit. Possible solutions are: Either Provide an AFK warning beforehand (like a pop-up message), so that players aren't removed if they're paying attention, or change the AFK requirements/timers.
  • Players want more Ranked modes, with Ranked Slayer being one of the suggestions.
  • Headhunt – The Skullamangaro medal and event (when you end the game by scoring a lot at once) are bugged and appear when they shouldn't. The medal triggers the steam achievement as intended. The Event forces the announcer to say the event line, but the game doesn't end and continues as normal. (ticket sent)
  • The community is pretty upset at the fact that a lot of people are abusing the system to get free EXP while being afk. It’s mostly done via macros (like W+M1 or spinning in place), and So far its encountered mainly in grifball. Though I have seen some people do it in 1v1 slayer. 343 Are aware of this.
  • The players want 343 to take a second look at EXP gains, such as what gamemodes give what base EXP, how much certain medals grant in terms of EXP, and EXP Caps for matches. In general, players find it easy at times to hit the cap for performance, while it being quite difficult to hit even close to the cap for teamwork.
  • It might be a problem that players that choose to play 1v1 slayer basically rid themselves of half of their EXP gain, as it is very hard to gain Teamwork points when playing alone.
This is my list, might want to add some things from it!

-https://youtu.be/c5kCLcu8hdk
-(Debated) Controller Aim Assist Removal
-(Debated) DMR Spawn Loadout Removal/DMR Nerf
-Opt-Out Of TU Option
-Allow Crouching While Moving
-More Keybinding Options
-Smaller Viewmodels/Viewmodel Customization
-Remove the 8,000 Performance Cap
-Different Crosshairs/Crosshair Customization
-(Debated) Map/Gamemode Voting
-Add The Original Rank/Unlock System
-Customs Browser
-A More Mouse Friendly UI
-Old Menus
-Old Lobby/See Player's Armour In Lobby
-Fix Emblem Not Changing On Armour
-Fix Melee Inconsistencies
-Stop AFK Players Farming XP in Grifball
-Add The Slot Machine Back Into The XP System
-Fix Input Lag (Have seen this complained about but haven't experienced it myself.)
WerepyreND wrote:
AsteriskX wrote:
WerepyreND wrote:
To echo my thoughts from another thread:

There is no reason to capitulate to the ignorant wearing rose tinted glasses. DMR starts were always a part of Reach(and always in BTB) and only grew in ubiquity over time. Every single Halo game is run by its resident precision weapon Pistol, BR(H2/H3), Choose your own precision rifle(H4), Magnum(H5), and in Reach that weapon was the DMR regardless of Bungie's original intent.

Basically all the problems the AR start folks complain about have nothing to do with the DMR. The garbage vehicle health system, bad maps, and badly designed weapons(AR, Repeater, Magnum) all still remain in AR/Magnum starts, the only difference is that respawning player's can't readily defend themselves.This was always how Reach was regardless of the game being vanilla or TU and regardless of whether it was AR or DMR start. Sorry Reach wasn't all you remembered it to be, but removing DMR starts is not going to fix any of problems you have with the game, it will just lead to more one-sided blowout matches.
Did you come to make a suggestion on how to fix the game or just come here to protect the DMR? Not all Halo games need to be Halo 3...
REMOVE DMR STARTS!
I do have a vested interest in wanting the game to not be ruined by the ignorant. My suggestion would be to remove AR starts from Halo 3 and Reach entirely. Precision starts don't make the game like Halo 3, they just make it Halo.
Bloom removed and bleedthrough as a mechanic while spawning with precision weapons. yeah it sounds a lot like halo 3 to me.
AsteriskX wrote:
WerepyreND wrote:
AsteriskX wrote:
WerepyreND wrote:

There is no reason to capitulate to the ignorant wearing rose tinted glasses. DMR starts were always a part of Reach(and always in BTB) and only grew in ubiquity over time. Every single Halo game is run by its resident precision weapon Pistol, BR(H2/H3), Choose your own precision rifle(H4), Magnum(H5), and in Reach that weapon was the DMR regardless of Bungie's original intent.

Basically all the problems the AR start folks complain about have nothing to do with the DMR. The garbage vehicle health system, bad maps, and badly designed weapons(AR, Repeater, Magnum) all still remain in AR/Magnum starts, the only difference is that respawning player's can't readily defend themselves.This was always how Reach was regardless of the game being vanilla or TU and regardless of whether it was AR or DMR start. Sorry Reach wasn't all you remembered it to be, but removing DMR starts is not going to fix any of problems you have with the game, it will just lead to more one-sided blowout matches.
Did you come to make a suggestion on how to fix the game or just come here to protect the DMR? Not all Halo games need to be Halo 3...
REMOVE DMR STARTS!
I do have a vested interest in wanting the game to not be ruined by the ignorant. My suggestion would be to remove AR starts from Halo 3 and Reach entirely. Precision starts don't make the game like Halo 3, they just make it Halo.
Bloom removed and bleedthrough as a mechanic while spawning with precision weapons. yeah it sounds a lot like halo 3 to me.
Which could just as easily describe CE or Halo 2, sounds like Halo to me.
For custom games, please add an option to change which settings to use.

i.e. most of the custom games should default to the Title Update, like matchmaking (right now they default to Vanilla). But we should be given the option to switch between Vanilla, Title Update, Anniversary and Hardcore ZBNS settings in the custom game options.

It would also be nice if you could set which species the players play as. E.g. Preferred Species, Spartans only or Elites only. Kinda annoying that to create elite-only gamemodes you have to edit elite slayer, which also means that you can only make elite-only modes for slayer.
WerepyreND wrote:
Your personal anecdotes do not representative samples make. Short of removing all precision rifles on the map, spawnkilling is only going to get worse as the team with map control can easily keep grabbing the respawning rifles along with their power weapons and fire on respawning players with complete impunity.
God forbid you incentivize a minuscule amount of coordination with at least one of your teammates. Spawnkilling barely exists right now in large BTB maps because you usually spawn in your own base and not in enemy sightlines; if spawnkilling was rampant it would only become less effective because not everyone spawns with a long range precision weapon. It works both ways.

WerepyreND wrote:
You can't contest neutral weapons without spawning with a weapon you can actually contest with. It doesn't matter if there are only 4 players if they can all cut you to ribbons before you ever have a chance of getting within effective range. If a map has safe routes for an AR/Magnum start player to move, there are also safe places for DMR players to move and break stalemates. Static gameplay is a symptom of bad map design not a weapon being too accurate.
You can contest with the Magnum well enough as long as you have room to manouver and get in range. If not everyone on the enemy team is equipped with a long range precision weapon, you will be able to get in range. Right now I'm not going to call it impossible but right now it's both frustrating and tedious. AR/Magnum start safezones would be infinitelly more forgiving than DMR safezones considering that you can kill people from across the map with the DMR. You can't do that with the Magnum. That's the whole point of this conversation.

WerepyreND wrote:
The Magnum is only "decent" when compared to the AR or Repeater(the two other bad weapons), when you combine its lower magnification scope, shallow magazine, as well as base spread and bloom, you are not going to accomplish much against any halfway decent player. Again your personal annecdotes about the time you managed to kill a player with potato aim are not really relevant.
Just because you can't use the Magnum it doesn't mean its a bad weapon. I've 62 hours on the game and I've fought people of all skill levels and I rarely felt like I was at a disadvantage if I had the Magnum and the enemy had the DMR, as long as I was within acceptable ranges for the gun. That literally means that it's not a bad weapon, you just have to get closer to put it to use. Again, that's the point.

WerepyreND wrote:
Vehicles are never going to have a use as long as the Chip damage system is in place, all the fundamental problems still remain. The majority of the sandbox has always been and still is useful. There are all of 3 underpowered weapons out of some 20 odd weapons and if a player can't find the others useful during DMR starts that says more about their weaknesses as a player than it does how powerful the DMR is.
Only 3 underpowered weapons? Brute Spiker, Plasma Rifle/Repeater, Focus Rifle, Needler, Needle Rifle (objectivelly worse than the DMR in pretty much every single way besides mag cap), Magnum, Assault Rifle, and the Plasma Pistol because it's only useful as an EMP, and since barely anyone uses vehicles, it's borderline useless. In a situation where you start with the DMR, pretty much every single one of those weapons is useless, unless you run out of ammo, which you never will because everyone else has a DMR too. In 99% of games that I play people don't even bother to pick up other weapons besides other power weapons like the Sniper Rifle and Rocket. This is simply fact and you can't tell me otherwise. Why the hell would I bother using a weapon that is objectivelly inferior, at practically any range, than a weapon I spawn with? There is no "personal annecdote" happening here.

WerepyreND wrote:
This was always how Reach was, whether certain folks in this thread remembered that or not. A lack of variety is not an issue just because certain folks can make use of 3 specific underpowered weapons. Nothing good comes out of auto starts, its been tried multiple times and precision weapon starts always return for good reason.
How do you make use of weapons that have no use in the sandbox, when you spawn with a jack-of-all-trades-master-of-all? I like to handicap myself on occassion and use a Plasma Rifle for fun but that weapon just doesn't compete. Like pretty much all others with other power-weapon exceptions.

WerepyreND wrote:
No all these things existed in the 360 version, but removing DMR starts isn't going to fix the broken vehicle health system, bad maps, or make 3 underpowered weapons balanced. All you would get is more one-sided blowout games.
Vehicles work fine in Invasion. Know why? People have the option to spawn with a weapon that isn't the DMR. Bad maps? Most maps would flow way better if there was room to manouver. The practically infinite range of the DMR makes manouvering around a map difficult. One sided blowout games? Those still happen, and they will always happen regardless of what guns people spawn with, because some teams just know how to coordinate and work together. Put some effort and thought into your planning and acquire the precision weapons before the enemy does. Use a Warthog and deny it to the enemy for one of your team to quickly grab it. Jesus, do anything besides "hurr kill enemy across map"

Dunno if you noticed but many of your arguments can literally be counter-argued against by changing the DMR starts in gamemodes like BTB CTF to AR/Magnum starts. Spawnkilling? Yep. One-sided fights? They'll always happen, depends on the game, but I personally think they'd happen infinitelly less so, with the added bonus of people that don't have legendary aim being able to have their own fun too without being hammered into the ground by some red enemy across the map that they didn't even see. And vehicle chip damage? The DMR absolutely shreds vehicles. The Assault Rifle and Magnum do practically nothing in comparison, so you and your team would be forced to seek out the Spartan Laser, Sniper, Rocket, Plasma Pistol or the DMR. Suddenly the maps stop having gigantic deadzones in the middle, more weapons get used, warthog turret gunners don't immediately die as soon as they jump on.
stinta003 wrote:
-Fix Melee Inconsistencies
Could you elaborate on that?
As for other things you said, Most of them were already on my list (which you can see fully in here: https://old.reddit.com/r/halo/comments/e9tubz/mcc_pc_reach_community_feedback_issues_list/?)
Also, i currently have no way to watch the video you linked, can you provide the main points it makes here?
We as players need the ability to choose which multiplayer server(s) we wish to matchmake in. I can't tell you how much of my time has been spent on servers on the other side of the country and the lag is so ridiculous. I'm in the PNW and I often get put in games on the central southwest server which makes game play almost unbearable. I just got out of a SWAT game in which I would head shot my opponent 5-6 times without them taking any damage and then they would just turn around and insta kill me. I'm done with this until server selections are available. So ridiculous.
WerepyreND wrote:
AsteriskX wrote:
WerepyreND wrote:
AsteriskX wrote:
WerepyreND wrote:

REMOVE DMR STARTS!
Yeah sounds like they are destroying the identity of reach the whole reason I reference H3 is because it is the one everyone wont shut up about =o=
Imagine thinking that Reach always had DMR starts and that "Title Update" was a launch thing.

My friends and I are seriously so sick of how un-fun DMR start/TU modes are that we've started playing almost exclusively custom games to avoid it. Not long until I join the rest of the people uninstalling it because of how stale matchmaking is.

You should be fixing this, which thousands of players have lodged complaints for, instead of lazily shifting around a few maps.
AsteriskX wrote:
WerepyreND wrote:
AsteriskX wrote:
WerepyreND wrote:
AsteriskX wrote:
WerepyreND wrote:

REMOVE DMR STARTS!
Yeah sounds like they are destroying the identity of reach the whole reason I reference H3 is because it is the one everyone wont shut up about =o=
Reaches identity has always been this. Controversy over bloom. Blaming the dmr for being too good. Complaining the maps are bad. Some of it is fair. Bungie didnt have the time or resources that they had for the other games. Especially h3. Reach is what it always was. It hasnt changed much at all for MCC. Once all the bugs and problems are fixed then maybe 343 should concentrate or improving what Halo Reach is but for now they have more important things than changing Reach to accomodate those that dont like it as much as the other games.
Pillow119 wrote:
God forbid you incentivize a minuscule amount of coordination with at least one of your teammates. Spawnkilling barely exists right now in large BTB maps because you usually spawn in your own base and not in enemy sightlines; if spawnkilling was rampant it would only become less effective because not everyone spawns with a long range precision weapon. It works both ways.
Coordination works both ways, all things being equal you are simply not making any headways with an enemy that has superior weaponry, let alone power weapons. Spawnkilling only gets worse as fresh spawns have no options to immediately fight back without running to find a rifle and ceding even more time and positioning to the enemy. At best you spawn on your side of the map, full cover base spawns are rare to begin with and even then it does little good if you don't have anything to pick up to allow you to move out from said cover.
Quote:
You can contest with the Magnum well enough as long as you have room to manouver and get in range. If not everyone on the enemy team is equipped with a long range precision weapon, you will be able to get in range. Right now I'm not going to call it impossible but right now it's both frustrating and tedious. AR/Magnum start safezones would be infinitelly more forgiving than DMR safezones considering that you can kill people from across the map with the DMR. You can't do that with the Magnum. That's the whole point of this conversation.
The Magnum is objectively inferior to the DMR except at point blank range all thing being equal you will lose that engagement and things only get worse when the skill levels are imbalanced. Being able to "kill from across the map" is not an issue in a well designed map. You can keep trying to zero in on the DMR all you want, but having an accurate weapon is not the reason for static gameplay its bad map design. Playing on bad maps sucks, but spawning with AR/Magnum is not going to fix those fundamental design flaws.

Either there are paths safe from precision rifle fire(whether they are pickups or not) that allow you to move safely(which is what makes it good map) or you don't which makes inherently makes it a bad map.

Quote:
Just because you can't use the Magnum it doesn't mean its a bad weapon. I've 62 hours on the game and I've fought people of all skill levels and I rarely felt like I was at a disadvantage if I had the Magnum and the enemy had the DMR, as long as I was within acceptable ranges for the gun. That literally means that it's not a bad weapon, you just have to get closer to put it to use. Again, that's the point.
Again, the Magnum isn't what is winning you those fights, it has no concrete advantages to leverage vs a DMR/NR except at point blank range, not dying 100% of the time is not evidence that the Magnum is a viable spawn weapon. Getting close enough to use it is only half the battle as inherently versatile weapons like the DMR/NR don't actually lose effectiveness at close range like the Sniper rifle does. Keeping a match competitive(as in preventing blowouts) means that teams on the backfoot have to have a reasonable chance at making a comback not just any chance at all. It has to be consistently repeatable given the skill of the players, not just fluke instances of winning teams falling apart.
Quote:
Only 3 underpowered weapons? Brute Spiker, Plasma Rifle/Repeater, Focus Rifle, Needler, Needle Rifle (objectivelly worse than the DMR in pretty much every single way besides mag cap), Magnum, Assault Rifle, and the Plasma Pistol because it's only useful as an EMP, and since barely anyone uses vehicles, it's borderline useless. In a situation where you start with the DMR, pretty much every single one of those weapons is useless, unless you run out of ammo, which you never will because everyone else has a DMR too. In 99% of games that I play people don't even bother to pick up other weapons besides other power weapons like the Sniper Rifle and Rocket. This is simply fact and you can't tell me otherwise. Why the hell would I bother using a weapon that is objectivelly inferior, at practically any range, than a weapon I spawn with? There is no "personal annecdote" happening here.
Spiker and Plasma Rifle were never built for multiplayer so I don't really count them, even if I did that still leaves all of 5 of some ~22 ish weapons which is still a far cry from "people only use the DMR." Still a small minority.

As for the Focus Rifle it was always effective it just isn't as powerful as the sniper rifle. The Needle Rifle was at worst on par with the DMR in Vanilla, a boring reskin maybe, but not a bad weapon. The TU Needle Rifle on the other hand has the benefit of zero bloom and one fewer shot to kill(admittedly I don't remember if the NR was patched to restore vanilla 7 shots to kill like the Magnum was, but the lack of bloom compared to the DMR is still very useful). The Needler, while having a limited niche, can still be quite potent within that effective range. The Plasma Pistol is actually a very solid weapon even excluding the EMP, it is actually a far better weapon than the automatics in terms of raw damage.

Naturally these weapons don't get equal usage compared to the DMR, but that is not the same thing as being useless in a DMR start scenario, there are plenty of opportunities to use them if you understand how they work, unlike the AR/Repeater/Magnum. If you can't find success with the weapons I talked about that just shows the limits of your own abilities and understanding of the sandbox.
Quote:
How do you make use of weapons that have no use in the sandbox, when you spawn with a jack-of-all-trades-master-of-all? I like to handicap myself on occassion and use a Plasma Rifle for fun but that weapon just doesn't compete. Like pretty much all others with other power-weapon exceptions.
By using them in their appropriate places with the exception of the bullet hoses that are bad at their jobs and the Magnum which is just the DMR but worse. Previous starting precision weapons like the CE Pistol and BR held the same dominate position, the only difference is whether certain niche pickups can do their jobs properly.
Quote:
snip
Vehicles don't "work fine" in Invasion, they simply die even faster to the on demand, EMP, stickies, and overabundance of other power weapons and vehicles that you don't notice the garbage health system as much.
Quote:
snip
Imagine thinking you can reduce spawnkilling by reducing player effectiveness off spawn and that reduced effectiveness actually helps players make easier comebacks. It is so utterly backwards I hardly know what to say. The attrition of chip damage is going to remain awful regardless of whether you remove one weapon. Hampering the infantries ability to actually fight back while not at all addressing underlying problems with vehicles fixes exactly nothing. As I've already said, short of removing all instances of precision rifles from the map the problems with a lack of safe infantry paths remain. Some maps just suck, removing the DMR doesn't make them suck any less. And we haven't even started talking about the fact that many of those maps don't actually have enough neutral weapons to fight over in the first place.

Pinning the blame solely on the DMR for the Reach's many faults isn't going to make the game any better. Its the same song and dance every time a Halo game comes out with folks trying to make the resident precision weapon a scapegoat for any given Halo game's problems.
Please remove DMR from starting loadout, or at least make game modes without it always in. It completely ruins the game. No reason to pick up weapons when you spawn with an amazing one. Close quarter combat is garbage now.
  • MCC HALO GAME: Halo Reach PC
  • ISSUE/FEEDBACK: Viewmodels are too big.
  • FIX: Implementing proper viewmodel position sliders and the ability to change to being left handed would be ideal, moving the viewmodel further down the screen would be fine, or just give us an option to hide them completely which I'd like personally but not everyone would be satisfied with this.
So here I am, trying to play as much social and ranked multiplayer as possible because I really want to get back into ranked game play. Couple nights of logging off for the night and logging back in the next day to play and I realize that my rank is back down to 1. Hmm that's weird... maybe I don't remember losing as many games as I did the night before. Log back in, rank up again, log off and boom level 1 again. Every time I log out of the game my ranked level goes back down to level 1.

So I am here for answers.... and I have already come to terms that with blocking Windows 10 telemetry data and DNS... I am not going to be able to get any achievements for the game. But please tell me that your ranked level isn't also using the same mechanisms that achievements are being tracked with. I shouldn't have to allow Windows 10 to scrape data from my machine in order to play ranked.

I hope someone has some input as to if there is another issue at play here... because I am really going to hate walking away from this game. Something I have waited for... for so long... because you tie your game progress to functions that shouldn't even be in your operating system.
clytbust3r wrote:
So here I am, trying to play as much social and ranked multiplayer as possible because I really want to get back into ranked game play. Couple nights of logging off for the night and logging back in the next day to play and I realize that my rank is back down to 1. Hmm that's weird... maybe I don't remember losing as many games as I did the night before. Log back in, rank up again, log off and boom level 1 again. Every time I log out of the game my ranked level goes back down to level 1.

So I am here for answers.... and I have already come to terms that with blocking Windows 10 telemetry data and DNS... I am not going to be able to get any achievements for the game. But please tell me that your ranked level isn't also using the same mechanisms that achievements are being tracked with. I shouldn't have to allow Windows 10 to scrape data from my machine in order to play ranked.

I hope someone has some input as to if there is another issue at play here... because I am really going to hate walking away from this game. Something I have waited for... for so long... because you tie your game progress to functions that shouldn't even be in your operating system.
Which rank are you looking at? The Invasion and Team Hardcore ranks are separate.
People defending DMR starts are really grasping for straws trying to defend their trash game modes. Just from looking at these forums and the matchmaking population getting lower every day I'd say the people have spoken
Gave up on Halo Reach matchmaking today, not gonna play it anymore. The only mode I can bear is invasion, although playing only one gamemode gets boring really fast. I just can’t stand playing TU DMRs. You guys need to shake a leg and acknowledge the feedback fast, I don’t know if you are aware but the game is losing players by the hour. You either give us a proper matchmaking selection or a custom games server browser (in order to organize AR starts custom games with the rest of the 45% of the playerbase, since apparently custom games are the way to go if we want to play AR starts games).
every time i try to play battle canyon my game either goes into an infinite loading screen or it black screens till I ALT-F4
is there a fix for this?
Hello, I am playing Master Chief Collection on PC through Steam. Anytime I join any online multiplayer match or co-op campaign or what have you, I am able to either find players or connect to a lobby successfully. However when the game starts loading I get stuck on the loading screen for several minutes and it kicks me right before it finishes loading.

When this happens in online matchmaking all the other names in the lobby disappear right before it finishes and it just brings me straight to a black background leaderboard screen showing that everyone got zero points and it says, "game over".

When this happens in coop campaign online with my friends I just get stuck on a loading screen for several more minutes than them and when it finally finished loading and I start the mission, I hold down Tab and see that their username is greyed out and they aren't in the game. They are in their own game and I am just playing on my own.

I know that my computer can handle the game itself because I have played through most of the campaign on my own at this point and have had a minimal amount of issues, and I know it isn't my connection because my connection is a direct Ethernet cable going straight to my router and works perfectly for other steam games, and is fast enough to stream my Xbox from the other room. Even this being said. The problem still occurs even when other people host the game. I have tried this with Relay both on and off and there's no difference other than with relay on getting back to the main menu screen takes a little longer.

I don't understand. What am I doing wrong here?
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 52
  4. 53
  5. 54
  6. 55
  7. 56
  8. ...
  9. 101