Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo: The Master Chief Collection (PC)

[Locked] MCC Multiplayer Feedback (PC)

OP Postums

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 53
  4. 54
  5. 55
  6. 56
  7. 57
  8. ...
  9. 101
MCC HALO GAME:Reach
ISSUE:Spawning in Slayer and Team Slayer.
Spawning on allies in the middle of fights.
Spawning on spawn points where a fight is taking place.
Spawning next to an enemy player.
REPRO STEPS:Occurs at random, about 1/3 of the time in matches. Especially prevalent on Zealot, Asylum, and other smaller maps.
ADDITIONAL INFO:Match on Zealot on 12/6. Player team fighting enemy team on one of the ramps leading to upper level of the map. Spawned on ramp in the middle of the fight, directly in the line of fire for both teams. Immediately killed upon spawn.
MCC HALO GAME: Reach
ISSUE: Team Slayer. Zealot. Player may randomly respawn on ramps directly in the middle of close-quarters fights/crossfire between members of opposing teams. Occurs randomly as opposing players engage in fights on Zealot ramps, subsequent with a player respawn.
REPRO STEPS: 1) Have one or more allied and enemy players engage in a close-quarters fight on a ramp leading to Zealot's upper level.
2) Kill another player elsewhere on the map.
3) Player killed in step 2 may randomly spawn in the middle of crossfire, typically blocking the way of one or more teammates, leading to either betrayal from teammates, or immediate kill by enemy team on respawn.
ADDITIONAL INFO: Match on Zealot on 12/13. Opposing teams were fighting on Zealot ramps. Spawned on the ramp in the middle of a fight between teams. Was accidentally betrayed by ally immediately upon spawning in the crossfire.
Just getting really tired of this season pass and progression system.Not only are players abusing the system and botting/afk'ing in matches like 4v4 Swat, snipers, 16infection. And most importantly my favorite 4v4Grifball.

It just irritates me most knowing that these botters/afkers are grinding XP while they are asleep. doing daily chores. JUST IN GENERAL NOT PLAYING THE GAME. They outrank me when I myself only want to play legitimately so I don't get reported. Come on 343. Hurry up and do something about this because it's against code of conduct, TOS and EULA on Xbox Live. I myself am a Xbox Live Ambassador and know that all these counts of afking/botting is unsporting behavior.
BUMP

THIS NEEDS TO BE PRIORITY. COME ON 343
Greetings! Thank you for having a thread like this.
  • MCC HALO GAME: Halo Reach
  • ISSUE/FEEDBACK: When playing multiplayer with a buddy it's common for there to be no "abort matchmaking" aka back button available at all. Sometimes in suddenly appears after 10 secs of button mashing, but more often than not it forcibly throws you into a new match.
  • REPRO STEPS: This has happened to me and my buddy on more or less after every other co-op matchmaking game.
  • ADDITIONAL INFO: More common in the social playlist.
Greetings and thank you for having a thread like this!
In this post I'd like to express an OG halo fan's opinions on some changes made to the Reach MCC compared to the original product. All this is said acknowledging that with all the other Halo game ports under development 343i surely has their hands full. These are just some quality things to have and would be nice to know that the devs are at the very least aware of these.

With that said lets begin with some pros:

1. The new credit system has discouraged farming in my experience at least.
2. The new calling card backgrounds are hella cool, especially the achievement tided ones.

Some minor yet still irritating cons that I'd like to be addressed:

1. Xp isnt credited as performance basely as in the original game.
2. The commendations are gone.
3. You can't view other spartans armor in lobbies (and still get kicked for idling).
4. The new rank icons and titles lack the same cool as the old ones.
5. Season progression gives items in a dull order: even if it had to be linear at least it could give one armor set at a time / have a skill tree like structure to add some choice: the main problem is that what's the point of even "rewarding" an unlock token if it can only be spent on one item?
6. The og cR system was fun because you had your own little economy to play around with: you could buy all the fine and dandy armors at first, but if you spent all the cR early and didn't safe any you couldn't afford the next cool pieces even tho U were high rank enough: this resulted in a feeling of thinking ahead or at least a motivational grind = a true sense of "pride and accomplishment" if U wish
7. Even the most iconic cosmetics are given out in this bland way: make the flaming helms and rarer armors behind achievements.
8. Firefight games give way too little xp compared to how long it takes to complete one.
9. The campaign doesn't give any xp, which is a bummer looking at how much of a significant role it had in the level grind in the og Reach through the challenges.
10. Can't check other spartans armor, commendations or overall progression in the lobby. Can't even view their service record or anything... Still being kicked for idling tho.
11. When game ends can't start with the same group even if you wanted to.
  • MCC HALO GAME: Halo Reach PC (MCC)
  • ISSUE/FEEDBACK:
Gameplay/Balance:
Remove or severely reduce sticky reticle and bullet magnetism for controller input
  • People who want to play Halo Reach with a controller can do so on an Xbox. Controller support on PC is optional, it should not confer a massive advantage to players for using a controller on a PC game. The degree of bullet magnetism and sticky reticle for controllers is simply way too high, to the point that anyone who does not use a controller is playing at a massive disadvantage and with a much higher skill requirement. It's bad enough that players are finding ways to run gamepad drivers or force keystrokes to be read as gamepad input to cheat the system and partake in the aimbot. If it cannot be massively scaled down (reduction of 90%+) then it MUST be removed entirely. It is completely breaking the balance of the game. Controllers are optional.
A note on Marksman Weapons and Bloom
  • The game was developed for and balanced around gamepad controls on a console with reticle bloom at 30 fps (more realistically a functional 24fps due to hardware). For the most part a wonderful job has been done porting the game to the PC with keyboard and mouse controls at 60fps (or higher). However the consideration of how this affects a large part of the sandbox and its balance and functionality seems to have gone ignored, and the results of this problem are made very apparent by TU gamemodes with DMR starts and the retention of aim assist, sticky aim, and bullet magnetism on gamepad inputs. As previously mentioned, the game is fundamentally changed. The DMR was balanced as a light sniper weapon able to take on vehicles, giving the entire team DMRs at start makes vehicles useless due to how easily they can be focused down. Reducing/removing bloom makes the needle rifle functionally impossible to engage at long range. Marksman weapon starts on large maps make power weapons pointless, encourages camping, and makes the majority of the map an unplayable death zone (people are much more accurate with this weapon on PC). This should NOT be the standard mode of play. These problems are made even worse by gamepad aim assist and bullet magnetism. Attempting to balance this by adding these effects for keyboard and mouse controls would make the game horribly unfun and remove any semblance of skill-based gameplay.
Remove additional out of bounds limits
  • The PC port of Halo Reach has added an overabundance of new out of bounds locations that give the player a return to battlefield warning in both the campaign and multiplayer. These seem to be placed primarily on height-based locations such as the tops of buildings, streetlamps, and objects. These serve no purpose besides limiting player creativity in how they address engagements. They are so absurdly overused that they can often be accidentally discovered by simply jumping or being knocked around by an explosion, a good example of this being the lamp posts on the campaign and firefight version of Sword Base. Just, why? Remove these, they are an annoyance and only limit the ways players can be creative and have fun.
Fix custom emblems displaying on player models
  • Self explanatory. If it is not possible to include the newer emblem details into Halo Reach for whatever reason, then at least allow emblems that were available within Halo Reach at the original launch to function within the game and replace newer/incompatible emblems with a generic default.
Part(2/2)
Part 1
https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/forums/f3681fbc78fa43878c4aec9a63a46224/topics/mcc-multiplayer-feedback-pc/46d5cc54-4a2d-478d-89c6-ec27fd8ef84a/posts?page=51#post1006
So this is my opinion on the multiplayer of Halo: MCC

Good points :
- A lot of gamemode
- Friendly player (that be rare on steam)
- a really nice progression system with the season

Bad points :
-Can't play for the moment to forge with my friend or i don't find it
-Many player are afk for get some xp...

It's done for me thanks for this remake for pc :) !

Remember Reach...
Halo MCC Game: Halo Reach (and all other games on both Xbox and PC maybe)
Issues/Feedback: (+) IS THERE ANY WAY/ SOLUTION TO MAINTAIN BALANCE BETWEEN 2 TEAM WHEN MATCH STARTED??
- Well when a match started, it seem that there is sometimes quite a lot of people rage quit or afk. And there is no option for players....or to force players to change team maintain the balance of number
- It's quite annoying when it comes to 5vs8 or 4vs8 like some of my matches currently. So please make option to let player change team and still maintain their score as well, I know it may be unfair but at least balance the number when new match started for some game type like Territories, Slayer,...
(+) Redesign the scoreboard so we can see how many kills/deaths as well please
(+) CREATE OPTION FOR 16 PLAYER FFA AND OTHERS. I WANT THE CLASSIC 1 VS 15 SLAYER OR 16 PLAYER INFECTED
(+) MAKE ALL GAME TYPE, ALL PLAYER NUMBER AVAILABLE FOR EVERY MAPS PLEASE, WHETER THE MAP IS BIG OR SMALL, IT'S SUCH A SHAME THAT YOU CAN'T PLAY INFECTED ON SOME MAPS LIKE BATTLE CANYON, RIDDGELINE,... (AND WITH 16 PLAYER ALSO). ALSO, LET PLAYER FULLY CUSTOMIZE THEIR GAMETYPE AND PLAYER, MAP
FallenVFX wrote:
AsteriskX wrote:
WerepyreND wrote:
AsteriskX wrote:
WerepyreND wrote:
AsteriskX wrote:
WerepyreND wrote:
To echo my thoughts from another thread:

There is no reason to capitulate to the ignorant wearing rose tinted glasses. DMR starts were always a part of Reach(and always in BTB) and only grew in ubiquity over time. Every single Halo game is run by its resident precision weapon Pistol, BR(H2/H3), Choose your own precision rifle(H4), Magnum(H5), and in Reach that weapon was the DMR regardless of Bungie's original intent.

Basically all the problems the AR start folks complain about have nothing to do with the DMR. The garbage vehicle health system, bad maps, and badly designed weapons(AR, Repeater, Magnum) all still remain in AR/Magnum starts, the only difference is that respawning player's can't readily defend themselves.This was always how Reach was regardless of the game being vanilla or TU and regardless of whether it was AR or DMR start. Sorry Reach wasn't all you remembered it to be, but removing DMR starts is not going to fix any of problems you have with the game, it will just lead to more one-sided blowout matches.
Did you come to make a suggestion on how to fix the game or just come here to protect the DMR? Not all Halo games need to be Halo 3...
REMOVE DMR STARTS!
I do have a vested interest in wanting the game to not be ruined by the ignorant. My suggestion would be to remove AR starts from Halo 3 and Reach entirely. Precision starts don't make the game like Halo 3, they just make it Halo.
Bloom removed and bleedthrough as a mechanic while spawning with precision weapons. yeah it sounds a lot like halo 3 to me.
Which could just as easily describe CE or Halo 2, sounds like Halo to me.
Yeah sounds like they are destroying the identity of reach the whole reason I reference H3 is because it is the one everyone wont shut up about =o=
Reaches identity has always been this. Controversy over bloom. Blaming the dmr for being too good. Complaining the maps are bad. Some of it is fair. Bungie didnt have the time or resources that they had for the other games. Especially h3. Reach is what it always was. It hasnt changed much at all for MCC. Once all the bugs and problems are fixed then maybe 343 should concentrate or improving what Halo Reach is but for now they have more important things than changing Reach to accomodate those that dont like it as much as the other games.
Yeah this has always been the black sheep of the franchise and it never needed the Title Update. The game is hardly the same reduced bloom and bleedthrough did not exist before 343 took it and changed the balance of the game.
Matchmaking could be a bit more balanced skill wise, also PLEASE MAKE MAP VOTING A THING AGAIN!!! IM BEGGING YOU!!
clytbust3r wrote:
So here I am, trying to play as much social and ranked multiplayer as possible because I really want to get back into ranked game play. Couple nights of logging off for the night and logging back in the next day to play and I realize that my rank is back down to 1. Hmm that's weird... maybe I don't remember losing as many games as I did the night before. Log back in, rank up again, log off and boom level 1 again. Every time I log out of the game my ranked level goes back down to level 1.

So I am here for answers.... and I have already come to terms that with blocking Windows 10 telemetry data and DNS... I am not going to be able to get any achievements for the game. But please tell me that your ranked level isn't also using the same mechanisms that achievements are being tracked with. I shouldn't have to allow Windows 10 to scrape data from my machine in order to play ranked.

I hope someone has some input as to if there is another issue at play here... because I am really going to hate walking away from this game. Something I have waited for... for so long... because you tie your game progress to functions that shouldn't even be in your operating system.
Which rank are you looking at? The Invasion and Team Hardcore ranks are separate.
Team Hardcore... only Team Hardcore.
BTB was one of the most played modes, it was fun.
Now if you choose 8v8 you get 90% dlc maps, which close to no one wants in btb. You get Broadwalk, which is not a BtB map and was not designed for that.
Give us a veto system, give us forge maps and all of them like Renegade etc and tune the dlc maps way down pls. Someone might say play aktion sack there are BTB heavies modes! But NO you get way more Elitesplayer then anything else and that is so unfun i just quit.
AsteriskX wrote:
FallenVFX wrote:
AsteriskX wrote:
WerepyreND wrote:
AsteriskX wrote:
WerepyreND wrote:
AsteriskX wrote:
WerepyreND wrote:

There is no reason to capitulate to the ignorant wearing rose tinted glasses. DMR starts were always a part of Reach(and always in BTB) and only grew in ubiquity over time. Every single Halo game is run by its resident precision weapon Pistol, BR(H2/H3), Choose your own precision rifle(H4), Magnum(H5), and in Reach that weapon was the DMR regardless of Bungie's original intent.

Basically all the problems the AR start folks complain about have nothing to do with the DMR. The garbage vehicle health system, bad maps, and badly designed weapons(AR, Repeater, Magnum) all still remain in AR/Magnum starts, the only difference is that respawning player's can't readily defend themselves.This was always how Reach was regardless of the game being vanilla or TU and regardless of whether it was AR or DMR start. Sorry Reach wasn't all you remembered it to be, but removing DMR starts is not going to fix any of problems you have with the game, it will just lead to more one-sided blowout matches.
Did you come to make a suggestion on how to fix the game or just come here to protect the DMR? Not all Halo games need to be Halo 3...
REMOVE DMR STARTS!
I do have a vested interest in wanting the game to not be ruined by the ignorant. My suggestion would be to remove AR starts from Halo 3 and Reach entirely. Precision starts don't make the game like Halo 3, they just make it Halo.
Bloom removed and bleedthrough as a mechanic while spawning with precision weapons. yeah it sounds a lot like halo 3 to me.
Yeah sounds like they are destroying the identity of reach the whole reason I reference H3 is because it is the one everyone wont shut up about =o=
Reaches identity has always been this. Controversy over bloom. Blaming the dmr for being too good. Complaining the maps are bad. Some of it is fair. Bungie didnt have the time or resources that they had for the other games. Especially h3. Reach is what it always was. It hasnt changed much at all for MCC. Once all the bugs and problems are fixed then maybe 343 should concentrate or improving what Halo Reach is but for now they have more important things than changing Reach to accomodate those that dont like it as much as the other games.
Yeah this has always been the black sheep of the franchise and it never needed the Title Update. The game is hardly the same reduced bloom and bleedthrough did not exist before 343 took it and changed the balance of the game.
That's incorrect. 343 changed nothing, TU settings were made by Bungie. TU was what the community wanted back when Reach launched. Only a small minority actually wanted vanilla settings. and that hasn't changed either. people who want non-TU settings are a minority. Reach could stand to have more AR starts though. However, I'll say it again, 343 had absolutely nothing to do with TU and other balances to the game; it is the same exact game it was on Xbox 360 when it comes to the mechanics and sandbox of Halo Reach. Taking out the Title Update would absolutely ruin Halo Reach's multiplayer. In fact the main cause of both people saying the DMR is too strong or that bloom is too strong purely comes down to the way halo works when it comes to semi-auto guns. IMO there should never be single-fire semi-auto rifles as a starter in Halo, it simply is too controversial on the ways to balance it as a starting weapon especially going against the classic AR. The battle-rifle is different but even that has a very sharp damage and accuracy fall-off.
I cannot load Battle Canyon. Every time it comes up in hardcore I have to alt+F4 out of the game! please fix
WerepyreND wrote:
snip
You're the one with the rose tinted glasses here, thinking that 720p/30fps/70fov on controller is the same as 1080p+/60fps+/90-120fov with mouse and keyboard is the same. There are modes that are designed for the competitive bunch that spawn you with the DMR, go play there, but don't try telling me that DMR spawns on big team battle maps are balanced on PC. Just because it was like this on launch it doesn't mean it's good now, on PC, as I said before.

We're getting nowhere so let's just agree to disagree. The only point I'm going to comment on is that the Magnums capabilities would shine if the DMR wouldn't be in everyones hands on spawn. That's the whole point I've been trying to make with the AR/Magnum starts, the shorter range of the Magnum would allow for the cover that is in the maps to be used. When everyone spawns with a long-range weapon, you get shot from all directions, all the time. Yes, some maps are bad, but some of them have a bad time precisely because of how much effective shooting range everyone has upon spawn. In invasion you barely get shot from at range even when you're out in the open, and most people still use the DMR/Sprint loadout there. But simply because not everyone does, I can pop my head out for more than a split second and push into the enemy base. Hell, the best example is Invasion, Boneyard. The Elites literally spawn within sightlines and shooting range of the humans, and the humans get two DMR spawns right in front of them. If everyone spawned with the DMR, the Elites would barely ever get close. The Magnum is still plenty effective at those ranges and can reliably kill before the Elites get close, assuming you aim well enough, it just isn't effective as the DMR.

And remember, in Invasion the Elites don't spawn with precision weapons, unlike the humans, who do. But because of the Magnum being how it is, the Elites still have a chance. Again, just because you can't use the Magnum to save yourself it doesn't mean that it's a bad gun. Frankly it does the job better than most others that aren't power weapons, it just is overshadowed by the DMR, like the majority of the sandbox. You can't tell me the guns have uses when the DMR does everything. It simply does everything well enough for me to not care about the other weapons; and as you can clearly see from the posts in this thread the majority of people are of the same mind as me and from launch and the few days after the playercount has been decreasing steadily. Regular people can't laserbeam others down with the DMR even if they spawn with it, meanwhile a good player will just destroy everyone without needing to pick up any other weapon. An AR/Magnum start would fix this by allowing new players to learn how to play (and more importantly learn each role of each weapon) in a big, fun, chaotic environment, without them being destroyed the moment they peek their head out of cover.

I still consider this post to still be feedback for the game but I would understand if this and the previous ones would be removed to make the thread more coherent for the developers to read through.
Pillow119 wrote:
WerepyreND wrote:
snip
You're the one with the rose tinted glasses here, thinking that 720p/30fps/70fov on controller is the same as 1080p+/60fps+/90-120fov with mouse and keyboard is the same. There are modes that are designed for the competitive bunch that spawn you with the DMR, go play there, but don't try telling me that DMR spawns on big team battle maps are balanced on PC. Just because it was like this on launch it doesn't mean it's good now, on PC, as I said before.
I never said anything of the sort regarding resolution/framerate/fov what I am telling you is that people made the exact same ignorant arguments about vanilla Reach 360 Reach. Its almost like Reach has deeper flaws regardless of platform and people are still trying to blame the DMR instead of admitting the game has serious issues.

Funny how folks just accept precision spawns in competitive modes where the goal is to make things as fair and skill based as possible, but don't want the same for social. Apparently the superficial variety of running around with a few badly designed weapons is more important than good game design.
Quote:
We're getting nowhere so let's just agree to disagree. The only point I'm going to comment on is that the Magnums capabilities would shine if the DMR wouldn't be in everyones hands on spawn. That's the whole point I've been trying to make with the AR/Magnum starts, the shorter range of the Magnum would allow for the cover that is in the maps to be used. When everyone spawns with a long-range weapon, you get shot from all directions, all the time. Yes, some maps are bad, but some of them have a bad time precisely because of how much effective shooting range everyone has upon spawn. In invasion you barely get shot from at range even when you're out in the open, and most people still use the DMR/Sprint loadout there. But simply because not everyone does, I can pop my head out for more than a split second and push into the enemy base. Hell, the best example is Invasion, Boneyard. The Elites literally spawn within sightlines and shooting range of the humans, and the humans get two DMR spawns right in front of them. If everyone spawned with the DMR, the Elites would barely ever get close. The Magnum is still plenty effective at those ranges and can reliably kill before the Elites get close, assuming you aim well enough, it just isn't effective as the DMR.
I don't know how many times I have to explain this to you, but there is either cover or there isn't and that cover is either close enough together to move safely across without getting melted by a single shooter or it isn't. You don't get magically better at using cover because the weapon you spawn with is worse.

As for Invasion its almost like there are just fewer players overall and the game lets you spawn with power weapons on top of the large number of vehicles and map power weapons relative to player count. You are not getting killed by precision weapons because you are too busy being killed by uncontestable weapons. As for Boneyard it is like it was made specifically for Invasion or something because you would never design a map for even spawn gametypes where one team has all the high ground and unsurprisingly it played demonstrably worse until the Elites were given some Needle Rifle spawns to even the odds with the DMR spawns.
Quote:
And remember, in Invasion the Elites don't spawn with precision weapons, unlike the humans, who do. But because of the Magnum being how it is, the Elites still have a chance. Again, just because you can't use the Magnum to save yourself it doesn't mean that it's a bad gun. Frankly it does the job better than most others that aren't power weapons, it just is overshadowed by the DMR, like the majority of the sandbox. You can't tell me the guns have uses when the DMR does everything. It simply does everything well enough for me to not care about the other weapons; and as you can clearly see from the posts in this thread the majority of people are of the same mind as me and from launch and the few days after the playercount has been decreasing steadily. Regular people can't laserbeam others down with the DMR even if they spawn with it, meanwhile a good player will just destroy everyone without needing to pick up any other weapon. An AR/Magnum start would fix this by allowing new players to learn how to play (and more importantly learn each role of each weapon) in a big, fun, chaotic environment, without them being destroyed the moment they peek their head out of cover.

I still consider this post to still be feedback for the game but I would understand if this and the previous ones would be removed to make the thread more coherent for the developers to read through.
They don't spawn with precision weapons in only the first round, just better shields, an evasion ability, active camo, and EMP in the form of the PP. Its almost like this asymmetrical gamemode doesn't mean anything with regards to how symmetrical gamemodes play out. I've told you other guns have uses, you just don't want to hear it because it would torpedo that entire line of argument. If the majority of the sandbox still plays nice you can't make hyperbolic statements about how "the DMR makes other guns useless" if in reality it is just a small handful of specific weapons that are poorly designed.

Versatile precision weapons dominate Halo, regardless of platform, but the ignorant still complain about precision starts because they can't run around using niche weapons 100% of the time. Even in Halo 5 where the resident utility weapon, The Magnum, is the weakest utility weapon in Halo History relative to its sandbox, it gets all the same complaints thrown at it as the DMR. Because they can't accept that Halo inherently demands versatility in a way traditional arena shooter just doesn't.
It would great if the matchmaking considered player experience. And please not just the rank, since 99% of rank experience I gained through Fire Fights, so I still don't have the experience for most MP modes.
My k/d ratio has been terrible since my first MP game. Out of like 10 game I've managed to win only a single DMR duel. I'd like to just practice more, but people I fight are just so much better, even with the tips I gather from forums and guides I cannot compete. And then there's those people who throw insults around because I'm not playing well enough. I'd love to "git gud", but I can't if I don't play. And if I do play, I play against people that have 20+ times as much experience as me. It's just so frustrating, I end up playing FF most of the time. Only MP mode I do play more often is Grifball, since I was fairly good at that right from the beginning. But that also has the afk XP farmers problem.
I think I'm going to put this game on the back burner for 3 reasons, DMR starts, AFK farming/ bots, and the OP controller "aim assist".
The DMR / Needle Rifle start is ruining the game for me. Please give us AR / Magnum & Plasma Rifle / Plasma pistol start! Allow DMRs to be a limited pickup so not every player in the match has one. As of now, vehicles, turrets, and power weapons are completely useless because you get sniped from across the map by the entire enemy team if you leave cover. It’s so much worse now with KB & M.
Reach playlist needs to be fixed to where all the original maps are available. They only seem to rotate between a few maps and that is it even though the playlist shows other maps available but we never get to play them.
FallenVFX wrote:
AsteriskX wrote:
FallenVFX wrote:
AsteriskX wrote:
WerepyreND wrote:
AsteriskX wrote:
WerepyreND wrote:
AsteriskX wrote:
WerepyreND wrote:

REMOVE DMR STARTS!
That's incorrect. 343 changed nothing, TU settings were made by Bungie. TU was what the community wanted back when Reach launched. Only a small minority actually wanted vanilla settings. and that hasn't changed either. people who want non-TU settings are a minority. Reach could stand to have more AR starts though. However, I'll say it again, 343 had absolutely nothing to do with TU and other balances to the game; it is the same exact game it was on Xbox 360 when it comes to the mechanics and sandbox of Halo Reach. Taking out the Title Update would absolutely ruin Halo Reach's multiplayer. In fact the main cause of both people saying the DMR is too strong or that bloom is too strong purely comes down to the way halo works when it comes to semi-auto guns. IMO there should never be single-fire semi-auto rifles as a starter in Halo, it simply is too controversial on the ways to balance it as a starting weapon especially going against the classic AR. The battle-rifle is different but even that has a very sharp damage and accuracy fall-off.
Please do the slightest amount of research before you post.
Quote:
The Halo: Reach Title Update 1.1 was an update for Halo: Reach, created by 343 Industries, in conjunction with the Halo franchise transitioning from Bungie to 343.
source: Halopedia, https://www.halopedia.org/Halo:_Reach_Title_Updates
You can also take a quick look around the legacy forums to see that the title update was controversial from the start. And even then, that's only the forums. Who knows how many people dropped off from Reach that wanted to come back for this to play it how they did only to have the awful TU forced on them? I had originally planned on not even bothering to come here and post about it until I saw so many others complaining about it and decided to add my voice. This isn't the Halo: Reach I played (and I played exactly once after TU dropped on 360 and quit then and there), and it should be trivial to add a playlist or customize playlist option to remove TU from my, and clearly many other players', queue.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 53
  4. 54
  5. 55
  6. 56
  7. 57
  8. ...
  9. 101