Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo: The Master Chief Collection (PC)

[Locked] MCC Multiplayer Feedback (PC)

OP Postums

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 54
  4. 55
  5. 56
  6. 57
  7. 58
  8. ...
  9. 101
DMRs control any Big Team Battle game modes. They should be a power weapon you have to find, not everyone spawning with them immediately.
Why even use the assault rifle.
How do i speak in game, while using a controller?
Campaign in less than 3 hours

I beat the campaign in 2 hours 30 minutes and I still don't have the achievement. I beat tip of the spear in less than 15 minutes yet I dint have that achievement. However, I do not have the par time achievement for pillar of autumn.

Still, I beat campaign in under 3 hours WTH IS GOING ON?!?!?
Im new to the forums here, but a life long halo player since CE on original Xbox. Just picked up MCC on PC and was wondering if there is a road map for multiplayer and quality of life engagement from the devs. I would love to see there be seasons, with seasonal rewards such as skins, and emblems, but, just to be clear, not a season pass or micro-transactions. I think it would be pretty neat to see where a community could go with this in the sense of comp scene etc... I'm very excited to see how this goes on PC and can't wait for the future. Happy hunting fellow spartans.
FallenVFX wrote:
AsteriskX wrote:
FallenVFX wrote:
AsteriskX wrote:
WerepyreND wrote:
AsteriskX wrote:
WerepyreND wrote:
AsteriskX wrote:
WerepyreND wrote:
To echo my thoughts from another thread:

There is no reason to capitulate to the ignorant wearing rose tinted glasses. DMR starts were always a part of Reach(and always in BTB) and only grew in ubiquity over time. Every single Halo game is run by its resident precision weapon Pistol, BR(H2/H3), Choose your own precision rifle(H4), Magnum(H5), and in Reach that weapon was the DMR regardless of Bungie's original intent.

Basically all the problems the AR start folks complain about have nothing to do with the DMR. The garbage vehicle health system, bad maps, and badly designed weapons(AR, Repeater, Magnum) all still remain in AR/Magnum starts, the only difference is that respawning player's can't readily defend themselves.This was always how Reach was regardless of the game being vanilla or TU and regardless of whether it was AR or DMR start. Sorry Reach wasn't all you remembered it to be, but removing DMR starts is not going to fix any of problems you have with the game, it will just lead to more one-sided blowout matches.
Did you come to make a suggestion on how to fix the game or just come here to protect the DMR? Not all Halo games need to be Halo 3...
REMOVE DMR STARTS!
I do have a vested interest in wanting the game to not be ruined by the ignorant. My suggestion would be to remove AR starts from Halo 3 and Reach entirely. Precision starts don't make the game like Halo 3, they just make it Halo.
Bloom removed and bleedthrough as a mechanic while spawning with precision weapons. yeah it sounds a lot like halo 3 to me.
Which could just as easily describe CE or Halo 2, sounds like Halo to me.
Yeah sounds like they are destroying the identity of reach the whole reason I reference H3 is because it is the one everyone wont shut up about =o=
Reaches identity has always been this. Controversy over bloom. Blaming the dmr for being too good. Complaining the maps are bad. Some of it is fair. Bungie didnt have the time or resources that they had for the other games. Especially h3. Reach is what it always was. It hasnt changed much at all for MCC. Once all the bugs and problems are fixed then maybe 343 should concentrate or improving what Halo Reach is but for now they have more important things than changing Reach to accomodate those that dont like it as much as the other games.
Yeah this has always been the black sheep of the franchise and it never needed the Title Update. The game is hardly the same reduced bloom and bleedthrough did not exist before 343 took it and changed the balance of the game.
That's incorrect. 343 changed nothing, TU settings were made by Bungie. TU was what the community wanted back when Reach launched. Only a small minority actually wanted vanilla settings. and that hasn't changed either. people who want non-TU settings are a minority. Reach could stand to have more AR starts though. However, I'll say it again, 343 had absolutely nothing to do with TU and other balances to the game; it is the same exact game it was on Xbox 360 when it comes to the mechanics and sandbox of Halo Reach. Taking out the Title Update would absolutely ruin Halo Reach's multiplayer. In fact the main cause of both people saying the DMR is too strong or that bloom is too strong purely comes down to the way halo works when it comes to semi-auto guns. IMO there should never be single-fire semi-auto rifles as a starter in Halo, it simply is too controversial on the ways to balance it as a starting weapon especially going against the classic AR. The battle-rifle is different but even that has a very sharp damage and accuracy fall-off.
It was 343 that implemented them as the default. Bungie had nothing to do with them making it the standard mode.
56 pages, has 343 responsed to any of this? If not I hope they have a big adjustment to MM coming soon. Here’s my opinions:

- Get rid of Uplink and put the original Condemned in the map pool.
- Remove Boardwalk and High Noon from BTB; they have no business being in a 16 player playlist.
- The spawns on Scrapyard in BTB are really bad. Red team ONLY spawns in their starting point and nowhere else, even with enemies looking right at the spot or even running around in the spot.
- Keep DMR starts in BTB but make AR/Magnum starts a realistic possibility in 4v4.
- Remove Shotgun CTF from Action Sack and put it in Objective where it belongs.
Alright, everyone.

I don't know how in 2019 one of the most basic features wasn't implemented, when part of it was probably implemented in the original Xbox version.

But please, can we get 3 options for a party?

1. Open party. In here, your friends and randoms can join at will. Please also add an option to join a friend through Steam when having the overlay opened. When I open it, I only get 2 options, to either invite to lobby or to watch the game. Please add a third one, to join. Also, as for randoms, please allow us to join randoms and/or them joining us, not all of us have online friends or something, and in fact, this could be a nice way of meeting them.
  2. For friends Only. In this one, only your friends can join you, and/or the people that you and/or they invite.
  3. Closed Party. No one else may join your party unless they were previously there (if not, then just you alone).
How do i speak in game, while using a controller?
If you're on Steam, you'll have to adjust your settings on Windows to allow the sound to come through your controller into your headphones (3.5 mm). Not sure if they allow to do this on MS Store
I had a match in griffball where a player set a proxy on their mouse to continually spam the attack button and on the W key to move forward in order to avoid being banned for being afk. There was no way to remove the player from the match as I was team killed a good 4 or 5 times.
From what I've heard some mouse and keyboard users are simulating a controller in order to take advantage of aim assist, I hope you guys have a way to detect this and ban them.
I think it would be ok to Have a Mix of DMR starts and AR start in BTB Slayer.
DMR starts in Objective BTB is a bad idea It removes a lot of the strategy from the Objective game type. AR starts would be way more Balanced, and fun for all skill levels in BTB Objective game types.
343 in order to keep everyone happy, please just make separate options for folks to queue for in matchmaking. It's so easy. You could even do it by adding another matchmaking system: Competitive, Social, and CLASSIC. Cuz this is really just out of hand. Objective modes are particularly ruined by DMR starts- it's absolutely obnoxious.

We're literally just asking for equal representation. Please. Allow people to queue for what they want to queue for. EZ. Problem solved. This is largely why people are pissed that the voting system has been thrown away.

BRING BACK THE CLASSIC START. BRING BACK THE AR. #saveMCC #saveHALO
Please add back the spartan previews in the matchmaking lobby!
From u/SorraDude on Reddit,

New Armor unlock system stripped the soul from Reach.

Halo Reach is my Favorite Multiplayer game by far, I was 12 when the original game came out. I easily have over 1500 hours played in this game (not to brag at all, I know some have much more). It was the very first multiplayer game I just couldn't put down (unfortunately I haven't found many since)
It kills me to say it, but the new progression system stripped the soul from the multiplayer experience.
  1. A lot of what kept me playing that game, was the armor choices. Not JUST the amount of armor, but the way everyone wen't about spending their Credits. "OH MAN, that EVO helmet looks badass!" I would say to myself, the guy probably still had almost all stock armor on, but he SAVED his hard earned XP or Cr. (and it was not capped in game) We were able to save when we wanted to, and spend when we wanted to.
  2. It felt like your armor was YOURS. It was MY choice to blow all that cash on confetti popping out of my head, instead of 2 shoulders and a couple chestplates. I HAD the decision to make my spartan (or elite, totally inclusive here) MY spartan. Did I follow the unlock path as everyone else? Yes I did. But the choices you were given was so diverse, it didn't seem like everyone was unlocking the same things all the time. We didn't, and that was the simplistic beauty of it.
Why else do you think we don't have the option to view other's armor in the menu?
They knew the magic was lost with the new progression system.
Armor is next to meaningless when everyone is forced down one linear path.
No choice offered.
Kinda like map voting...
"Our frustration builds to a point where we need to speak out against these stepsbackwardfor the franchise."
Please consider removing DMR as a starting weapon in all gamemodes (with the exception of Team DMRs).

Having played Halo Reach during launch period and after the title update, it is clear that the DMR drastically changes the flow of the game and hurts its balance, especially in BTB gamemodes.

Starting with DMRs disincentivizes pick up and use of other weapons (I miss using the Needler man, I can't use the Needler anymore because I know a DMR will just blow me up), as well as the use of vehicles. Hopping into a vehicles is now a death sentence because DMRs blow them to hell.

You can bet that once the other Halo games release in the collection, Halo Reach will NOT be selected in their playlists as long as DMR starts remain.
Runs and looks well on my computer. Very pleased with how quickly we can jump into matches, even for some less popular game modes. That being said, I have some big complaints that keep me from playing long stretches of time:

1. Remove DMR starts on certain playlists. This is the number one issue for me by far. It's fine if you enjoy this mode, but at least give us the option to play normal AR/pistol starts. Really ruins certain maps and game modes, especially BTB objective matches. De-incentivizes weapon variety and vehicle use; BTB matches devolve into players taking potshots at each other from their respective bases. I've played one too many BTB CTF matches on Highlands, and with DMR starts, I can easily say they've been some of my least favorite matches in all of halo. The vast majority of them no one has even scored a point and it just devolves into DMR slayer with no one getting the flag even close to their own base. Please remove DMR starts every time.

2. Bring back map vetoing. I think having the option to at least veto something I really don't want to play.

3. Let me rebind the push to talk and chat keys. I am left handed and use ijkl for movement normally, but now I can't. Really wish I could go back to what I use in every shooter.

4. Invasion as a hardcore playlist??? Put it back in social. More playlist options for ranked at least. I personally love objective game modes.

5. Do something about AFKers. I personally haven't had too many interactions with them (I dont play griffball often), but when it does happen boy is it frustrating. Also, given the outcry online I think it should at least be addressed.
Invasion competitive is garbage in its current state. I just played a game where all but one teammate left after losing the first round pretty bad. I think they left after the first Objective was lost. After the switch, we were repeatedly spawn killed by players standing immediately behind us and assassinating us many times over or DMRing us from the safety of their base while we spawned in the open. Why was the match not just ended after so many left? Why does the enemy team have a line of sight on our spawn point? Why can they quite literally stand where we spawn? Why can they continue to spawn teammates in our spawn point? All of this is ridiculous and complete garbage. Penalize players for leaving a competitive game mode or move it to social.

DMR starts are way too common. They should be separate playlist options entirely or implemented with the reintroduction of voting.

The new Xbox Live naming convention is not followed despite being a modern title.

Why is voting gone in the first place?

Player previews are missing. Why bother having armor variants if you can't even show them off proper?

None of my stats are tracking. At all. I have season progression up to level 15 with 0 kills, 0 time played, 0 medals, no achievements. This is true of the campaign as well despite a full solo legendary run. As a result, I have no ability to edit my clan tag, nameplate, avatar, or show on leaderboards. I have little idea what's going on and the information regarding this is sparse, amounting to "make sure you can ping vortex.data.microsoft.com", which I can. Precursors forbid I tried to reduce Microsoft's ability to spy on me through the darned operating system and want my games to work proper. My experience here is with a copy from the Microsoft store, if that even matters.
As a big BTB fan DMR starts pretty much ruin the game for me since the weapon is so easy to use with mouse and keyboard and 1080p+ resolutions. You pretty much die within seconds when you spawn on the more open maps because everyone is just camping in some corner blasting you from at least three different directions at the same time.
This is a reason why I have barely touched the game since its release next to the countless bugs that are still in the game after people reported them during Flight 3, myself included, and even completely new bugs that weren't in the flight.
  • MCC HALO GAME: Reach
  • ISSUE/FEEDBACK: Please allow us to select regions when matchmaking. I keep getting put on US servers for some reason.
  • REPRO STEPS: Queue for matchmaking...
Blunechi wrote:
Campaign in less than 3 hours

I beat the campaign in 2 hours 30 minutes and I still don't have the achievement. I beat tip of the spear in less than 15 minutes yet I dint have that achievement. However, I do not have the par time achievement for pillar of autumn.

Still, I beat campaign in under 3 hours WTH IS GOING ON?!?!?
Were you on legendary? Also this belongs in campaign feedback not here.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 54
  4. 55
  5. 56
  6. 57
  7. 58
  8. ...
  9. 101