Forums / Games / Halo: The Master Chief Collection (PC)

[Locked] MCC Multiplayer Feedback (PC)

OP Postums

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 64
  4. 65
  5. 66
  6. 67
  7. 68
  8. ...
  9. 101
There really needs to be a better way to report people. If I play Grifball or Infection, I'm lucky if I only have one afker in the game that's just running into the wall or jumping in place. And I have run into my fair share of cheaters in other game types. I should be able to press tab, right click a player, and hit report. Having to go into a completely different program to track down a cheater to report is too much for such a simple action.
  • MCC HALO GAME: Halo Reach, PC
  • ISSUE/FEEDBACK: As expected with a new launch, Halo Reach has a handful of issues. One of these I feel is important to address is how the TU, or title update, settings which have replaced the large majority of playlists still include “bleed through”. Bleed through is a mechanic in which damage would persist if the attack breaks the victim’s shields. The problem with this is the mechanic was removed from title update settings in 2012, due to both bugs and the fact it didn't fit in Halo Reach’s multiplayer for a multitude of reasons, one of which was an indirect buff to the DMR (and magnum), one of the strongest weapons in the game. Another issue is how melee fights would typically end in trades since as little as 3 shots of the DMR, or a burst of an Assault Rifle, and a melee would lead to a kill, making melee both incredibly risky, and unrewarding. There were also numerous bugs with bleed through, one of which allowed as little as 1 shot of the DMR, and a melee to kill. My request is that TU settings be updated to the standard set by the original Halo Reach, and remove bleed through.
  • REPRO STEPS: Not applicable.
  • ADDITIONAL INFO: I can provide proper damage tests later to show the problem with bleed through. Here are multiple threads about the removal of bleed through. Although the opinions are mixed, it’s important to know that it was removed.
  • https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/forums/cdecc00475c645b9a4d0a156fb542d59/topics/bleedthrough-removed-from-tu/607cd585-defe-48a3-b8b0-8746a69674bc/posts?page=1
  • https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/forums/cdecc00475c645b9a4d0a156fb542d59/topics/bleedthrough-removal-will-backfire/e692102b-27e1-4ab3-b285-63f32e3fa0f2/posts?page=2
  • EDIT: On mobile currently, so I’ll better format it later and fix links.
The emblems are completely wrong. I tried to make the duck emblem and this is what I got compared to the original:

https://www.gyazo.com/af6196771e7e9c1cd0a10035cb08ccef

Guys pls fix this.
x Cryoz wrote:
Currently the dmr start only matches have become rather stale. Id like variety or at the very least the option to play classic slayer with an assault rifle/magnum. The dmr games seem to fizzle out any use of other power weapons. And render any map into a headshot only fest. Its annoying to have the mixed bag of great weapons to be reduced to the overpowered weapon everyone starts with being the dmr. I believe the specs with the dmr are set correctly id just prefer a variety of gamemodes where the dmr is not the most prevent weapon. With halo 2/3 i remember trying to find these golden nugget weapons and it made their use fun and their engagement few and far between. Reach now just feels like everyone just chilling on each sides of the map picking each other off. Rather than the frenzy of people each with different weapons meeting to battle it out. Just thinking an option for a more classic taste would be beneficial for halo reach imo. Also what happened to voting for maps and gamemodes?
I completely agree on all points. Some people have talked about reverting to pre-TU settings to balance the DMR, but the TU was one of the best things that happened to Reach MP, and reversing it would be a mistake. The DMR is fine with TU settings, it's just too prevalent and should rarely be a starting weapon in social modes. To answer your last question, map voting was a major problem during the first few years of MCC, with the same small selection of maps and modes being endlessly selected the overwhelming majority of the time. Community consensus is that the variety and fun of MM increased drastically once MCC removed voting and instead began autoselecting a map/mode based on a weighting system. One of those scenarios where putting complete control in the hands of the players hurts the experience more than it helps.
I'd lvoe to see an option to reduce the size of weapon models on screen.
  • MCC HALO GAME: Halo: Reach [PC]
  • ISSUE/FEEDBACK: Issues finding games. When I'm searching for a game not only is the menu prone to freezing (tolerable), I often have a lobby full of either "PLAYER FOUND" or I am able to see other peoples gamertags in a full lobby that has been divided into teams. However, about 1/3 of the time, I will get a notification saying I am "Leaving Matchmaking..." for no reason, or, it will restart the search with a notification saying "Restarting search...". I can tolerate this once or twice, but sometimes I go 25-35 minutes not beign able to play, despite "very fast" [google speedtest] internet.
  • REPRO STEPS: Simply just searching for a game.
  • ADDITIONAL INFO: https://steamuserimages-a.akamaihd.net/ugc/778491616152998448/56D721EE2B82DBD4CE142AC52916487F74ACAC1B/ best i can do
Have you turned off Relays under the Network Settings? Try that, if you haven't already.
If its anything like my experience, relays on/off, turn off SIP on router, every other trick does nothing. about 67% loading bar and then "leaving matchmaking" error message "connection interrupted".
Done all of the above to no avail
Not sure if this applies to you, but if you have Norton, Disable smart firewall and auto protect while you play it. Thats the only way I can play, and no setting or nothing I can find will let me play with Norton not disabled.
So two weeks after release, after the whole come back and play our game for double xp even though its got all these issues. Now at 66 pages of complaints mostly about the DMR start, also the xp system, and the controller aim assist meta you created that I called out on before you even started flights.

343 you are 100% correct you can't bridge the platforms because you have created a lopsided playing field. This is spelling bad news for infinite. Player count is dwindling and your doing nothing as far as we can tell.

Do something other then a smoke screen, address the issues. What are you going to fix? Is this it for reach? this is what we get? Will we ever get a patch? and on here! not twitter only or reddit only HERE!
STyK009 wrote:
So two weeks after release, after the whole come back and play our game for double xp even though its got all these issues. Now at 66 pages of complaints mostly about the DMR start, also the xp system, and the controller aim assist meta you created that I called out on before you even started flights.

343 you are 100% correct you can't bridge the platforms because you have created a lopsided playing field. This is spelling bad news for infinite. Player count is dwindling and your doing nothing as far as we can tell.

Do something other then a smoke screen, address the issues. What are you going to fix? Is this it for reach? this is what we get? Will we ever get a patch? and on here! not twitter only or reddit only HERE!
100% agree
Almost all of my friends have quit because they don't like the DMR starts. We can go an entire 5 hour session without a single game that's AR/Pistol. Please address this.

Thank you.
I'm not the first and I won't be the last to say this. Game is great absolutely love it. However my issue comes with this. I like many others have a job. It eats up ALOT of my time especially during the holidays. The current progression system which is a battle pass system is fine. What's not fine however is the exp requirement curve I'm only level 27 after 3 8 hour days and a 2 4 hour days of play time. Now I'm not saying I want it all handed to me. But your curve is way to steep early on to put a static perma cap on exp. At the very least give is a progressional cap on our exp gain. At lower levels an 8k cap is fine since you don't want them leveling 3 times per match. But as you go up in level the cap should be increased. I'm level 27, And the requirement is already 160k per level. That is a minimum of 13 matches (averaging around 12k per match) to play per level at an early stage in the game. 10 per should be the amount needed at level 50-70. Another good feature to combat this would he the old reach exp lottery thing that was a big boost for alot of players trying to hit max rank on reach og.

Tl;dr:
The current system is fine but your exp curve is way to steep. Look into alternative exp gain systems that don't severely limit players ability to level.
Reasons for this change:
1.People who work have limited time
2.People don't wanna feel like they HAVE to play your game all day. Don't force players to play by making it a chore.
3.assuming once the reach season has ended the armor and progression will be unobtainable. You are again severely limiting players. (I'd actually like some insight to how you plan to progress into the next seasons. Will the armor have special means to obtain? Or will it be simply unobtainable. Any insight at all will be greatly appreciated).

All these reasons I feel are absolutely.
Please don't make leveling a cake walk just fix your curve and exp gain to make it easier in the early levels. Steepen the curve later in the leveling and lower it in the early levels.

Keep doing what you're doing tho and giving us back our childhoods and letting others experience arguably the best competitive mp halo of them all.
No support at all. This is a waste of time just typing it out since no dev will read this. I have been waiting on any sort of support after getting a ticket accepted. Not one little bit of help and I'm still unable to connect to an online session due to the game freezing. Talk about fire and forget, looks like you forgot to make sure the damned thing worked. I get that this was a difficult project, but you shouldn't drop all support right on release. There was even a small update yet still nothing. IS THERE ANYONE OUT THERE!?
MCC HALO GAME: Reach PC
ISSUE/FEEDBACK: Please allow the lobbies of players vote on which maps they want to play as it used to be in Halo originally. Two maps and (or) gametypes would be shown and the players would have a chance to vote on which they wanted to play. This is how Halo was, and PC was supposed to be an uncompromised Halo experience ;)
12-18 patch notes
Most of the current ‘known issues’ and top areas of feedback from players are longer-lead work items that the team is continuing to investigate, and work will continue in the beginning of the new year.
https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/forums/f3681fbc78fa43878c4aec9a63a46224/topics/mcc-patch-notes---12-18-19/79054a49-5f6c-4009-be3a-b32aef230f67/posts

Not really the specific address I was hoping for but its something. Not sure how hard it is to switch off DMR starts but apparently its a longer lead work item?!
STyK009 wrote:
12-18 patch notes
Most of the current ‘known issues’ and top areas of feedback from players are longer-lead work items that the team is continuing to investigate, and work will continue in the beginning of the new year.
https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/forums/f3681fbc78fa43878c4aec9a63a46224/topics/mcc-patch-notes---12-18-19/79054a49-5f6c-4009-be3a-b32aef230f67/posts

Not really the specific address I was hoping for but its something. Not sure how hard it is to switch off DMR starts but apparently its a longer lead work item?!
This.

They could add vanilla maps into the rotation, but apparently not AR/pistol gamestypes? It's aggravating.
Can not find a game anymore and continue to get disconnected from the xbox live servers. I have restarted my router and everything. I am out of options at this point. This is very frustrating. All ports are open and i have had 0 issues with the game minus the audio bug. I can't connect to my friends either. All it does is slowly load up and then says " You have been disconnected from the server "
Can not find a game anymore and continue to get disconnected from the xbox live servers. I have restarted my router and everything. I am out of options at this point. This is very frustrating. All ports are open and i have had 0 issues with the game minus the audio bug. I can't connect to my friends either. All it does is slowly load up and then says " You have been disconnected from the server "
My AntiVirus and Firewall was causing my game to do that. Disabled both and game works flawlessly. Its getting tiresome having to remember to do it every time I play though.
  • MCC HALO GAME: Halo Reach, PC
  • ISSUE/FEEDBACK: I'm a big fan of how much control over game modes we have in the MCC and I honestly don't mind the Bleedthrough/Bloom adjustment that much. It's unfamiliar compared to how the game felt 10 years ago, but that's okay.
    However, I have to voice a complaint about the DMR being a standard weapon in every team-based game mode. The DMR is very polarizing, frustrating to play against for new players and it reduces any incentive to walk around and grab other weapons from the map (why bother, you're starting with the best).
    My suggestion: Remove the DMR from the basic loadout, at least for Slayer. Make a new game mode if you don't want to force people into MLG, but the presence of the DMR in the basic loadout makes me not wanting to play any team based queues, save for Team Snipers and SWAT (which work fundamentally different). For 4v4 Slayer, just bring back Magnum and Assault Rifle please; if players want a DMR, they just have to grab it from the sandbox.
  • REPRO STEPS: none
  • ADDITIONAL INFO: none
I was now stuck four days in contacting server
pretty funny how they dont see their numbers drastically dropping literally bcause the game is DMR fest now a days. no variety at all its actually pathetic. ill be waiting for H3 or infinite since it got a billion people working on it instead of 2
i love MLG, but on reach maps its garbage. If it was H3 or H2 hardcore maps it would be really good. But the social playlists are all DMR and theres no other ranking modes is kinda retarded. where is just team slayer? YOUR MOST PLAYED PLAYLIST coughhhhhhhhh oh wait this isnt bungie 343 has downs. Making the same mistakes as COD and GOW. Changing -Yoink- months down the road when its clear what needs to be changed RN your player base is going to be 5. whats the point in even releasing this
Postums wrote:
Welcome to the feedback thread for Multiplayer.
  • Campaign Feedback goes HERE
  • Firefight Feedback goes HERE
  • Misc/Other Feedback goes HERE
The purpose of this thread is if you encounter an issue or have a suggestion or general feedback related to MCC Multiplayer. When posting, please include as much detail as possible to include:
  • MCC HALO GAME: please specify which game within MCC you're providing feedback for
  • ISSUE/FEEDBACK: please be as detailed as possible.
  • REPRO STEPS: If it's a bug/issue, please provide the steps taken to reproduce this bug (if applicable)
  • ADDITIONAL INFO: If you have a screenshot, game clip, or other supporting material, please provide the link in your post.
Greetings,

Halo Reach has been mostly a blast since launch, but I do want to toss my hat in on a multiplayer critique.

I do not care for the constant DMR starts, while the DMR hasn't ruined the game for me, it's a bit tiring that I constantly see it in my starting load out. It's solid in the hardcore modes, but when i'm trying to play regular slayer (a game mode I think I've played a total of 2 times since launch, not for a lack of trying) i'd really like to play regular slayer... With an Assault Rifle, so I can have close quarters engagements with enemies, but 95% of the time i'm relegated to my base/spawn point destined to ping players or be pinged from across the map.

What i'm trying to get at here: instead of starting us with no-bloom DMR's in 90% of the game modes, start us with ARs, then give DMR starts it's own playlist. I think the current setup is really catering to a specific subset of the player base and will ultimately do more harm than good.

Also, can someone help me understand why we aren't allowed to queue up for one specific game mode? Is the playerbase too small or is it something else entirely? Not a massive issue, but a bit annoying at the very least.

Thank you,
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 64
  4. 65
  5. 66
  6. 67
  7. 68
  8. ...
  9. 101