Forums / Games / Halo: The Master Chief Collection (PC)

[Locked] MCC Multiplayer Feedback (PC)

OP Postums

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 90
  4. 91
  5. 92
  6. 93
  7. 94
  8. ...
  9. 101
343i, I owe you an apology. Reach is a hot mess and I took my frustration out on all of you. I do hope things improve but if they don't please know that it's not your fault.
Adding more AR starts is wonderful, thank you so much for listening to the community.
I'm liking the playlist update. I actually played Slayer on Boardwalk for the first time since I got MCC.

I'd really love it if you guys added backfill to the game. Leavers are a pretty big problem and I've had many games ruined because of them.
Plus it just allows the player to curate their experience more. Don't like the game mode/map you're playing? You can leave without fear of ruining the game because you'll be replaced. Then you can jump right back into matchmaking and have fun.

Obviously it should be left out of competitive though. Just social modes.
Halo Reach runs great and smooth and looks amazing. So far I have not encountered many issues other than a few lag spikes but that could be on my end.
However, not liking the Halo Reach progression system with the battle pass stuff. Feel like it would make the game way better with the original credits system. With the battle pass system, you have to unlock everything with the battle pass tokens that you get when you level up preventing you from getting a helmet that was way easier to obtain in the original game.
Agreed. I am not a fan of the progression system Reach has now. Definitely prefer the whole thing of earning credits and buying things I want as I have the credits for it.
Fix auto aim
Having significantly more fun in 4v4 with AR/Magnum starts. I'm still picking up and using DMRs on occasion, but generally prefer AR/Magnum due to there being a reason and value to picking up other weapons.

Can't wait to try BTB AR starts when it arrives in that test mode.
reach pc:
following my previous post i have some feedback on the new ranked playlist team slayer.
i dont really see a reason for it honestly. and a lot of the team slayer maps are really un competitive including unanchored and condemed.
i think, while i don't value it as much, a ranked 2v2 playlist would be much better for the game.
a team slayer playlist just divides the competitive playlists with our small player count and i dont think we want that.
while 2v2 offers a whole new experience while having more of a competitive experience than queueing up for a team slayer would.
all in all, team slayer as a playlist isn't neccesary or wanted, while 2v2 playlists have been requested for awhile.
thanks for reading 343 team, and thanks for putting in the work :)
Ranked team slayer should have the same settings as Team Arena in the OG Reach had. What I mean with this is: the original Reach in 360 there was a competitive playlist called Team Arena, which is bassically the same thing except for the map settings. Power Weapons had a different time of respawn, in order to have a more balnced game.
For instance, in Asylum the current settings makes the sniper to respawn every 60 seconds with 12 bulltets, whereas in Team Arean it respawned every 180 seconds, the same for sword and shotgun.
Other map with this problem is Zealot with sword, respawns very quick.BUT, what I noticed is that the maps of Double Team of Reach are ineed balanced as Ranked Team Slayer should be. so you could only copy the same settings as in Double team maps in Ranked Team Slayer.
Aeryllix wrote:
  • URGENT STUFF: Title Update is terrible.
  1. Bleedthrough makes just about every melee battle an instant kill. If they don't, sometimes melees will put you in red health. DMRs now kill in 4 headshots instead of 5 (making the weapon even more broken). Not sure if you've thought this through, but that means 1 headshot from each member of your team = 1 instant kill. That's ridiculously bad design.
  2. The bloom changes are awful, too. The point of bloom is to force powerful, long range weapons, like the DMR, to not be rapid-fire instant-kill point-and-click weapons. You have to wait for your reticule to resize to be accurate. It's essentially a simulation of recoil. Reduced bloom makes every game a long-range death-fest. You can easily out-snipe snipers by using the DMR. The pistol isn't quite as bad, but it's certainly more OP than in original Reach.
  3. Sword blocking needs to be added back in. It was a balanced mechanic to not make the sword OP, like it is now. Sprint, in particular, ruins the sword. I always play sprint, and it's BS that there is just nothing players can do to handle a sword coming at them. Unless, you know, they have one of the broken, OP DMRs.
I know you (343) claim people want to play with the TU, but I think you're wrong, because TU breaks the careful balance of original reach. ARMOR LOCK changes are GOOD, however. That needed a nerf.
So Sword Parrying WAS disabled! I knew it!

I agree with all this. The TU was a failure and is the result of 343 trying to appease all the whiners that had long stopped playing the game by that point anyway. Launch Reach (apart from Armour Lock) was well balanced and fun. TU Reach is frustrating and dull.
I don't know about you, but Armor Lock wasn't broken in any way in OG Reach. -Yoink- Armor Lock players would die even if they tried to use it right. Armor Lock back then could save you from being stuck by a plasma, by a rocket flying at you, by a sword coming at you, by vehicles speeding to splatter you. Now what does it do? Armor Lock now paints a big red target on you the moment you use it, doesn't save you from dying to a plasma grenade, can't save you from an energy sword. In fact, TU Armor Lock makes you completely vulnerable to everything and pretty much the most worthless ability in the game.
When I said the above I didn't mean that Armour Lock was overpowered per se, what I meant was that it was not perfectly balanced. I agree with you 100% that it was easy to deal with (90% of the time people used it in a futile attempt to save their life in a close-mid range shootout. In which case all you had to do was take a few steps back and then shoot them in the head when it popped), but I still think it required some tweaking. Namely just changing the frequency of how much it can be used in one charge and maybe disable it from being able to deflect projectiles? Rockets and such exploding harmlessly on contact is enough, no need for them to bounce off and cause the user to commit suicide (despite how funny it is).

I actually enjoyed AL as an anti-vehicle tool. There's nothing more fun than denying a Ghost's splatter and killing the driver in one surprise move, not to mention it looks badass. Using it to save your life when a rocket was flying towards you was also fun.

I agree with you that it is now pretty much useless and is not worth using post-TU, like many other aspects of the game. *sigh* To be honest, if you want to talk about an Armour Ability that negatively impacted the game then we should talk about how Sprint influenced the map design, but that's a topic for another Thread.
Armor Lock was under-rated and really underpowered, and 343 has turned it into a worthless ability. Setting that aside, I feel like what could have been done is, sure why not? Let's remove the bouncing of projectiles off the shield and have it explode on contact with the shield. OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOORRRRRRRRRRRRRR here me out: recode it to give the team of the AL-er the kill for the projectile killing the original user. Sprint is fun to use, I'm pretty sure during Bungie-Reach I mained AL and Hologram (so much fun, watching people chase after the hologram as you chase after them XD The only time I really used sprint was for melee weapons (Sword/Hammer), I don't see any other point to them..... I tried to keep my playstyle versatile, I did use active camo from time to time but favorites were definitely Al and Hologram
Hi,

Wanted to give some (positive!) feedback on a recent change to multiplayer on Reach on MCC PC.

It's been amazing being able to play Halo Online, really brought back some god memories, but I got frustrated with it after the first few weeks as the nostalgia wore off and some of the issues stopped me from wanting to play. But in the last few days I've logged on and it seems that the balance of DMR Slayer to Vanilla slayer, in rumble pit and 4v4 Slayer at least, has been skewed more in the favour of vanilla slayer and I'm loving it.

Maps feel so much more open as you can move freely without fear of just getting crossmapped by an entire team, making more playstyles viable and enjoyable. Power weapons feel like more of a difference maker, without being broken. Issues with spawns (which were one of my key frustrations) are much reduced as you don't get sniped the second you spawn and conversely don't have people spawning in straight down your scope. It feels a lot more like old fashioned halo and I'm enjoying playing a lot more, I get to use more skills and map knowledge instead of just being the best at DMR duels. Also some of the maps (particularly high noon) and some of the forge maps that don't have enough to break line of sight are a lot less broken in this mode where in DMR slayer I hated seeing them come up because, like Anakin, once you've lost the high ground, it's over.

I still enjoy DMR slayer and everyone has their preferences and that's cool, if you prefer it that's completely understandable, but it's nice to see more variety in the playlists. I can only assume this change was made in response to feedback so thankyou for listening to players!!

tl;dr - more vanilla slayer now, less DMR slayer. Loving it. Thanks for reponding to feedback
Overall quite happy with the Reach PC multiplayer.
I have been playing it again on PC for a couple of days now and have found no bugs so far!
I was weary about purchasing again on the PC due to other games tending to have lots of bugs in the initial porting.
I have tried both M + K as well as using an Xbox One controller, I do have to say that I think this game is still designed to run with a controller. I found it much more fluent and I think the overall experience is better this way. Although this could be bias of many years of console gaming talking...

My only problem is with spawn locations. I frequently find myself getting spawn killed, especially in Swat playlists and those smaller maps.
When playing the Big Team stuff I find this occurs a lot less.

Either way, I can't wait for the next game to be released and hope it runs as well as Reach does.
The increased AR start rate feels great. Map positioning, team work and weapon spawns feel like they matter again. Thanks for listening to us. I hope that continues to be a trend... but we will see.
Additional changes I'd like to see.
--Map Voting--
From what I've seen I guess sometime in 2018 it was decided to take this away because the same maps were being played over and over again. What should have been done here is keep the voting options, and use the data to improve the map design moving forward. Also, look at types of players and what maps they would select. More symmetrical maps with asymmetrical weapon spawns are a personal favorite of mine. The answer to this problem is to learn from the votes, not remove them entirely.

--Menus--
Seriously, how could this get messed up sooo badly? Checkmarks are irrelevant, navigation of owned items is a disaster... The entire right side serves zero purpose other than to show who's in the lobby, why is it a fly out menu? I mean, come on.... Every screen is miserable and riddled with oversights and this kind of stuff. On Hover effects don't turn off if a selection is made etc etc etc

--Movement--
Crouch while running, why is this broken? Please answer me how this was also missed?

--Progression--
If your going to have customization stuff, you need to have a way to display/preview items in a convenient and working way. You can't even spin your character to see what things looks like from behind. Is this a battle pass attempt? I don't even know what I'm dealing with here. I spent like 20 points on things that I didn't want, and I'm not sure how I can even view them.... What is it?

--More frequent Communication--
Monthly updates is not cutting it. Especially when the game has this many issues...They need to be acknowledged before they are addressed.

--My Opinion--
You have two different types of halo fans competing to shape the future of the franchise. You have the players who liked the first 3, and those who like the ones after. Because this release was really limited, you now have both (very passionate) sets of fans screaming about weapon starts, available maps and a host of other issues. IMO what was released is not what the majority of people wanted.... Hence the dwindling player numbers. If something major doesn't happen soon, even positive word of mouth won't save the game.
A minor gripe I know, compared to other issues with the game.

Why does the post-game carnage report (player view) display the top medals as the medals you got the most of, rather than the highest level of medal you got?
If you get a Killionaire in a game x1 but got Double Kill x2, the Double Kill medal will be the one that shows up. Same goes for something like a ramage x1 and killing spree x3.
Why on earth would you choose to display it that way? Post game should show off the BEST medals you got.

Ideally the post game should also show an MVP in the main screen with their, kills, score, top medals etc.
--Map Voting-- From what I've seen I guess sometime in 2018 it was decided to take this away because the same maps were being played over and over again. What should have been done here is keep the voting options, and use the data to improve the map design moving forward. Also, look at types of players and what maps they would select. More symmetrical maps with asymmetrical weapon spawns are a personal favorite of mine. The answer to this problem is to learn from the votes, not remove them entirely.
I see where you're coming from, I would like some choice in the maps/gametypes too but you have to remember that Map Voting was in the MCC originally and there is a reason why it was removed. The same issues that cause it to removed in MCC were prevalent in X360 era Reach. I dont agree with 343 on much, but I do agree that removing Map Voting was necessary.

Don't get me wrong - you are absolutely right. We need some sort of voting system to not only improve the matchmaking system but also to provide feedback on what the community enjoy and what they do not. But the fact of the matter is that Map Voting is a flawed system which allowed players to choose to play the same matches over and over again making the game feel stale and creating a shallow experience. Not to mention, Map Voting in its previous form only provided that feedback of what the player liked, not what they disliked. You can't say that just because they chose CTF on Valhalla over Slayer on Snowbound that they don't like playing Slayer and/or Snowbound, just that they prefer CTF and/or Valhalla.

So if Map Voting doesn't work but we need a way to influence matchmaking then what do we need instead? We need a Veto System.

Why a Veto System over a voting one? Simply put a Veto System gives direct feedback in what players don't want to play rather than what they do. Gametypes and maps which have a high frequency of being vetoed send a clear signal to 343 that they are not enjoyed by the community and can then be removed from matchmaking and replaced by something else. 343 can even use the data to see if certain combos of maps/gametypes are vetoed very frequently but separately they are not vetoed as much, providing the data that this combo should be removed from the playlist but that individually they are enjoyed.

How could the Veto System avoid the same pitfalls as the Map Voting system? The Veto System should limit the amount of times the lobby can veto (while hiding the next map/gametype if the current one is vetoed) before the game starts, this way the gametypes and maps won't be continuously vetoed until a favoured game pops up creating the same shallow experience that the Voting System did. By limiting the lobby vetos to 2 it will add variety to each match and will prevent the player from vetoing a game they would otherwise enjoy in favour of the map they usually play.

For example; The player sees that the first game option is KotH on The Pit and decides to veto since they hate KotH. The next map option to appear is Slayer on Snowbound. The player likes this option but is tempted to veto again to try and get CTF on Valhalla, but decides to abstain fearing that the final option could be Territories on Construct (*shudder*). The player enjoys the game on Snowbound which they would have otherwise passed up in favour of Valhalla for the 12th time that day and fun was had. 343 get data that KotH and The Pit received a veto, but looking at their other data they can see that The Pit is infrequently vetoed while KotH is frequently vetoed. As such, 343 reduce the weighting of KotH in the playlist leaving The Pit unchanged.

TLDR: A Veto System would offer player choice without stagnating gameplay like a Voting System would.
Aeryllix wrote:
  1. Bleedthrough makes just about every melee battle an instant kill. If they don't, sometimes melees will put you in red health. DMRs now kill in 4 headshots instead of 5 (making the weapon even more broken). Not sure if you've thought this through, but that means 1 headshot from each member of your team = 1 instant kill. That's ridiculously bad design.
  2. The bloom changes are awful, too. The point of bloom is to force powerful, long range weapons, like the DMR, to not be rapid-fire instant-kill point-and-click weapons. You have to wait for your reticule to resize to be accurate. It's essentially a simulation of recoil. Reduced bloom makes every game a long-range death-fest. You can easily out-snipe snipers by using the DMR. The pistol isn't quite as bad, but it's certainly more OP than in original Reach.
  3. Sword blocking needs to be added back in. It was a balanced mechanic to not make the sword OP, like it is now. Sprint, in particular, ruins the sword. I always play sprint, and it's BS that there is just nothing players can do to handle a sword coming at them. Unless, you know, they have one of the broken, OP DMRs.
I know you (343) claim people want to play with the TU, but I think you're wrong, because TU breaks the careful balance of original reach. ARMOR LOCK changes are GOOD, however. That needed a nerf.

I agree with all this. The TU was a failure and is the result of 343 trying to appease all the whiners that had long stopped playing the game by that point anyway. Launch Reach (apart from Armour Lock) was well balanced and fun. TU Reach is frustrating and dull.
I don't know about you, but Armor Lock wasn't broken in any way in OG Reach. -Yoink- Armor Lock players would die even if they tried to use it right. Armor Lock back then could save you from being stuck by a plasma, by a rocket flying at you, by a sword coming at you, by vehicles speeding to splatter you. Now what does it do? Armor Lock now paints a big red target on you the moment you use it, doesn't save you from dying to a plasma grenade, can't save you from an energy sword. In fact, TU Armor Lock makes you completely vulnerable to everything and pretty much the most worthless ability in the game.
When I said the above I didn't mean that Armour Lock was overpowered per se, what I meant was that it was not perfectly balanced. I agree with you 100% that it was easy to deal with (90% of the time people used it in a futile attempt to save their life in a close-mid range shootout. In which case all you had to do was take a few steps back and then shoot them in the head when it popped), but I still think it required some tweaking. Namely just changing the frequency of how much it can be used in one charge and maybe disable it from being able to deflect projectiles? Rockets and such exploding harmlessly on contact is enough, no need for them to bounce off and cause the user to commit suicide (despite how funny it is).

I actually enjoyed AL as an anti-vehicle tool. There's nothing more fun than denying a Ghost's splatter and killing the driver in one surprise move, not to mention it looks badass. Using it to save your life when a rocket was flying towards you was also fun.

I agree with you that it is now pretty much useless and is not worth using post-TU, like many other aspects of the game. *sigh* To be honest, if you want to talk about an Armour Ability that negatively impacted the game then we should talk about how Sprint influenced the map design, but that's a topic for another Thread.
Armor Lock was under-rated and really underpowered, and 343 has turned it into a worthless ability. Setting that aside, I feel like what could have been done is, sure why not? Let's remove the bouncing of projectiles off the shield and have it explode on contact with the shield. OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOORRRRRRRRRRRRRR here me out: recode it to give the team of the AL-er the kill for the projectile killing the original user. Sprint is fun to use, I'm pretty sure during Bungie-Reach I mained AL and Hologram (so much fun, watching people chase after the hologram as you chase after them XD The only time I really used sprint was for melee weapons (Sword/Hammer), I don't see any other point to them..... I tried to keep my playstyle versatile, I did use active camo from time to time but favorites were definitely Al and Hologram
I think calling it under-rated and underpowered is going a little too far, but I respect your opinion.
Aeryllix wrote:

I think calling it under-rated and underpowered is going a little too far, but I respect your opinion.
That -Yoink- is still broken and annoying.
reach pc:
aim assist is quite strong.
i am a mkb player
i didnt want to ride the bandwagon of "nerf aim assist" but since i have reached rank 20 in mlg its hard for me to compete.
games where the enemy team is on mkb or controller is night and day
unless you have a sniper every 30 seconds i dont see a reason to even use mkb in mlg
there should be an input opt out option.
or just reducing aim assist.
this is the only shooter where controller is actually BETTER because of the insane aim assist.
its not this heavy on xbox, and increasing it to match with pc players is not neccesary since most of this game is in close quarters where in other shooters
its a much larger playfield so controllers have no chance. (plus the fact that pc shooters dont give controllers aim assist)
this issue is chasing many people i know who play, streamers, and the overall population who play mkb away from the game. i dont feel like i should be punished for using mkb on a pc platform.
thanks for reading. this is my opinion, 343 team do not take this as an attack at you. just trying to provide feedback. thanks
  • MCC HALO GAME: Halo Reach.
  • ISSUE/FEEDBACK: Adding a Zero Bloom 4v4 AR starts playlist/add it into the 4v4 matchmaking hopper.
  • ADDITIONAL INFO: If you read this and want to know my reasons behind this then read this relatively short post about how I think it improves the game.
https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/forums/f3681fbc78fa43878c4aec9a63a46224/topics/adding-zero-bloom-ar-starts-to-4v4-social/5c02a215-dc4f-4cdb-b512-4e8cba4d8211/posts?page=1#post20
  • MCC HALO GAME: MCC as a whole
  • ISSUE/FEEDBACK: A map voting system, one that is leaps and bounds better than the one MCC used to have
  • ADDITIONAL INFO: If you read this and want to know my reasons behind this then read this relatively short post about how I think it improves the game:
https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/forums/f3681fbc78fa43878c4aec9a63a46224/topics/can-we-bring-og-reach-map-voting-back/e9cbc227-d2de-42c2-abe1-ab1e2e32ed31/posts

I'll copy and paste important parts of it here:
Not even all of the maps are in matchmaking, I keep getting into the same maps that i dislike over and over again, and it's especially annoying in infection which was my favourite game mode in OG Reach, it's ruined by all the filtered/greyed out maps and the DLC maps with all the out of bounds areas:

I'm 20+ hours in and i haven't seen/very rarely played: Boardwalk, Boneyard, Countdown, Powerhouse, Reflection, Spire, Sword Base, Tempest, Break Neck and a lotta player-created Forge World maps, like The Cage for infection or general Slayer etc.

The way it worked in Reach was good, you played a map, you wouldn't see that map again after many games - that prevents the "sameyness" all the people who are against map voting talk about, i've talked to people in Discords that say its feeling really repetitive with the current map pool and lack of map voting. Plus, back then, we never had to play Infection and instead we could play Alpha Zombies :). It's a win/win.

If you want to FURTHER balance the map voting system, after a couple games in the same lobby, the map voting system could reshuffle which gametypes and maps it's more likely to show. E.G, people voted for DMR starts along DMR and AR start options. After 2 or so games of the same gametype, the game would reshuffle and show 3 AR start gametypes for example, or 2 gametypes and 1 DMR gametype.
I like the increased AR start rate in social 4v4 slayer. Thanks for the adjustment.
I played a lot of multiplayer games. And more and more players leave the Game if they don't like the Map. Please add a selection of Maps or a Veto system. Or give each player the option to exclude some cards from the multiplayer search. Is just my opinion and should make many players happy.
Please think about it.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 90
  4. 91
  5. 92
  6. 93
  7. 94
  8. ...
  9. 101