Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo: The Master Chief Collection (PC)

[Locked] MCC Multiplayer Feedback (PC)

OP Postums

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 97
  4. 98
  5. 99
  6. 100
  7. ...
  8. 101
  • MCC HALO GAME: Reach PC
  • ISSUE/FEEDBACK: Lack of a custom games server browser means that unless you have enough friends on steam you can't get a custom game going.
I second this.
I really want custom games and dedicated servers. If they aren't implemented or you choose to never implement them i can see many people just going back to halo custom edition. I bought halo MCC on the pc because i thought it would be like the games i played for the pc.
stckrboy wrote:
343, Can we please start fixing the known issues instead of working on "Which weapon to start with first" Or adding a Team slayer with bloom?
Playlist changes are independent of any actual work on fixing issues
This makes it look even worse. Meaning no updates have actually been made. Only playlist changes. 2 months in and no update to the known issues from day 1.

343 Whats the progress on the known issues?
This makes it look even worse. Meaning no updates have actually been made. Only playlist changes. 2 months in and no update to the known issues from day 1.

There was a patch released at the end of December, just over a month ago.

They've posted updates since then about what is being worked on and where they are. You can read more about there in dev blogs:
https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/forums/243780d3b80b4bb6ac7917a8942286db/topics/mcc-development-flighting-updates/3e3252e1-297a-4590-a7ab-67c133b3d37d/posts?page=1#post14.
https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/forums/243780d3b80b4bb6ac7917a8942286db/topics/mcc-development-flighting-updates/3e3252e1-297a-4590-a7ab-67c133b3d37d/posts?page=1#post15.

Postums also provided a mini-update in a playlist update recently about some changes:
https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/forums/f3681fbc78fa43878c4aec9a63a46224/topics/mcc-playlist-update---1-15-20/6b42df11-9cb8-4642-8645-2aab0c161bb0/posts?page=1.

If you want to make sure you're up to date with news on things that are being worked on, follow the first topic I linked and read over the bottom section of that post
stckrboy wrote:

There was a patch released at the end of December, just over a month ago.

They've posted updates since then about what is being worked on and where they are. You can read more about there in dev blogs:
https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/forums/243780d3b80b4bb6ac7917a8942286db/topics/mcc-development-flighting-updates/3e3252e1-297a-4590-a7ab-67c133b3d37d/posts?page=1#post14.
https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/forums/243780d3b80b4bb6ac7917a8942286db/topics/mcc-development-flighting-updates/3e3252e1-297a-4590-a7ab-67c133b3d37d/posts?page=1#post15.

Postums also provided a mini-update in a playlist update recently about some changes:
https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/forums/f3681fbc78fa43878c4aec9a63a46224/topics/mcc-playlist-update---1-15-20/6b42df11-9cb8-4642-8645-2aab0c161bb0/posts?page=1.

If you want to make sure you're up to date with news on things that are being worked on, follow the first topic I linked and read over the bottom section of that post
Can you give a TL;DR? That's like half the bible.
xXSprst3Xx wrote:
Can you give a TL;DR? That's like half the bible.
If you want to know what work is in progress, it only takes a few minutes (not even 5) to read that over. It would take me lonnger to work out and type up a summary for you you read. So... no
Is there a way to play the modded map files (with pelicans) online with other people or will that -Yoink- with the anti-cheat coding?
Give us an in-game reporting system! I can not stress enough just how terrible it is to have to jump through the hoops MS has in place with their awful UI to report people. Especially with grieving, afking, and verbal abuse being so rampant. You say to report these people, but with how convoluted it is? It's almost not worth it.
MCC HALO GAME: Reach PC
FEEDBACK: In a few versions of Griffball in the current rotation, you're be able to pick a loadout with Sprint or one with Evade, the problem is that with Sprint you can run but not drop the bomb but if you try using Evade you'll instantly drop the ball, meaning that Sprint is superior.

It would be cool if you could use either ability without dropping the bomb, would make for some awesome touchdowns with Evade!

Posted this on steam too btw : https://steamcommunity.com/app/976730/discussions/0/1742265551910603748/
  • MCC HALO GAME: Reach
  • FEEDBACK: Would be cool to be able to swap Elite armor pieces like you can with the Spartan for customization
I love Halo, and have been having a lot of fun playing multiplayer, whether it's playing matchmaking, or modded customs, but there is one important thing I can't do just because it's on PC, and that's playing local coop. I don't have and Xbox one, so when my friends or my nephew and niece come over I can't play Halo with them unless I hook up my 360. There should be local coop. I shouldn't have to buy a hole other console just so I can play locally at 60 fps 1080p. I don't think it would be that hard, it's already in the game there porting, and you don't need to be able to sign into different accounts, just do it how it's done on Xbox and make a guest account based off ur gt, so if you were swagslayer420, then ur guest would be swagslayer420(1).
PC is the best platform for couch co-op since you can give each player their own separate monitor (provided you have the graphics horsepower to push the amount of pixels required) instead of dividing up a TV into halves or quarters that won't run at a combined 1920x1080 60 FPS (on top of every local console co-op game dumbing down the graphics & draw distances & objects visible for the co-op experience compared to the single player experience). The only thing that I wish it supported would be letting two people sign into steam so that the co-op saved game & achievements are shared between all the players or so that you could play ranked playlists & track your multiplayer stats with each local player signed into their account instead of as a guest on unranked playlists.
Andre4k4 wrote:
Is there a way to play the modded map files (with pelicans) online with other people or will that -Yoink- with the anti-cheat coding?
You can play online with friends, just not matchmaking, and you need to launch without the anti cheat on.
if Memory wrote:
Give us an in-game reporting system! I can not stress enough just how terrible it is to have to jump through the hoops MS has in place with their awful UI to report people. Especially with grieving, afking, and verbal abuse being so rampant. You say to report these people, but with how convoluted it is? It's almost not worth it.
I agree completely. I don't report people now because I can't easily do it in-game like I can in other games like csgo. I tried to report people one time, and there was so much useless/ redundant options that I just gave up because I didn't want to go through the hassle to report someone.
Makes me so sad I cant find a game in ranked Team Slayer. Come on guys
Can we get an FFA ranked playlist? Especially since there's an FFA Reach tournament coming up.
I feel as if the map selections for each game mode and the spawns in most maps are in general very very bad. My main issue is with the map 'Solitary' (the newer version of the map prisoner from Halo CE). The issues are much more apparent on CE but in general, the spawns are so bad; In CE I get spawn killed 10+ times and in Reach it isn't much better, getting spawn killed/walking a few feet before dying by a grenade just doesn't seem very fun. In other maps spawn killing/bad spawns is still very common.

Now the map selection, I feel as if the maps are sort of just thrown into a hat and picked out randomly when selecting a game mode. Gamemodes like 4v4 slayer or swat etc can be put in gigantic maps or tiny maps where you die every 2 seconds. A lot of this just stems from Halo's spawn issues in general but I feel as if 343 could easily fix these issues.

This is just a generalisation of the issues with maps/spawns. There are probably lots of examples and more issues people have had before.
  • ISSUE/FEEDBACK: Lack of a custom games server browser means that unless you have enough friends on steam you can't get a custom game going.
I second this.
I really want custom games and dedicated servers. If they aren't implemented or you choose to never implement them i can see many people just going back to halo custom edition. I bought halo MCC on the pc because i thought it would be like the games i played for the pc.
There are plenty of active Discord servers dedicated specifically to this.
I'd like to see that Dino Blasters game mode removed from action sack. It's more annoying than fun.
Evilbob555 wrote:
  • ISSUE/FEEDBACK: Multiplayer Spawns. I predominately play SWAT and the spawns on some maps such as High Noon are absolutely atrocious. You get spawned right out in the open directly in someone's line of sight and get picked off instantly. The team that has the higher levels can just dominate simply by locking the spawns in the open area down. I have had multiple games where I cannot do anything since I get spawned out in the open where I get killed within a second or two. It forces me to quit those matches because I am not putting up with that nonsense. Another issue is how the spawns seem to flip so that you'll have enemies spawning behind you not that far from you. I've been playing reach since 2012 and the spawns were always iffy but they seem to have gotten worse.
A week ago, I played a game of SWAT on Countdown. Halfway through the game, I walked up the ramp to their side of the outside ridge area and two dudes of the opposite team literally spawned a meter or so away from my face. It was so weird; knew Halo spawns could get janky before, but not like that XD
I was playing a match on that map with the low gravity area on the far side. One guy killed me then I spawned a foot away from his exact location. The spawns in OG reach were a bit wonky at times and spawn camping on some maps was easy, but the mcc is worse with people spawning in other people's line of sight and I've had cases where we kill the enemy team and I'm just watching for them only to find all four are spawning 20 yards behind me.
TU and DMR spawns ruined this game.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 97
  4. 98
  5. 99
  6. 100
  7. ...
  8. 101