Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo: The Master Chief Collection (PC)

[Locked] MCC Multiplayer Feedback (PC)

OP Postums

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 101
Welcome to the feedback thread for Multiplayer.
  • Campaign Feedback goes HERE
  • Firefight Feedback goes HERE
  • Misc/Other Feedback goes HERE
The purpose of this thread is if you encounter an issue or have a suggestion or general feedback related to MCC Multiplayer. When posting, please include as much detail as possible to include:
  • MCC HALO GAME: please specify which game within MCC you're providing feedback for
  • ISSUE/FEEDBACK: please be as detailed as possible.
  • REPRO STEPS: If it's a bug/issue, please provide the steps taken to reproduce this bug (if applicable)
  • ADDITIONAL INFO: If you have a screenshot, game clip, or other supporting material, please provide the link in your post.
Well, I just got kicked because someone decided to deliberately walk into my tank. Goodbye 15 minutes of credits and a good game because of someone else's stupidity.

Apparently all I need to do to troll others is just walk in front of them and then kick them...
Any one elses audio sound like its under water when in a multiplayer match it does not sound like high def audio at all
All seems to be working well. However, the lack of Reach playlists is a real disappointment.

We have Team Hardcore (which is for a small minority of players) and Invasion, which is a very specific game mode.

It would be great to have a playlist that is a mix of 4 vs 4 Slayer AND objective. For many people that was what Reach was all about.
Halo Reach runs great and smooth and looks amazing. So far I have not encountered many issues other than a few lag spikes but that could be on my end.
However, not liking the Halo Reach progression system with the battle pass stuff. Feel like it would make the game way better with the original credits system. With the battle pass system, you have to unlock everything with the battle pass tokens that you get when you level up preventing you from getting a helmet that was way easier to obtain in the original game.
EDIT
  • MCC HALO GAME: Halo Reach.
  • ISSUE/FEEDBACK: So far, I realized that when I am in a group as a guest, there is no information about the game mode the leader has chosen in plain sight. Only if you check the available maps for the actual list can you see what game modes are available for the list. I think it would be great to have that information displayed in the first place.
  • ADDITIONAL INFO: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1927746724
Having frame rate issues on MCC Halo Reach (PC). I have a 1080Ti and i7 processor. I have tried to lower all settings to as low as possible. Frames work great when not moving. As soon as I move I move, I go from 60 fps to 3 fps every single time. Also, "ESC" key does not work. If i plug in my controller the frame rate issue disappears. Any possible way to fix?

FIX: Uninstall 3rd party apps like razor or logitech. It'll work fine after that
Buff Sprint For The Love In All That Is Holy.

Anger:
Fix the sprint in MC Reach now!
You have ruined the game mode SWAT by making the sprint slow and sluggish, also you run out of stamina a HELL OF A LOT FASTER.

Real Reasons why this nerf was stupid AF:
This makes the game depend on knowing exactly where enemy player's are most likely to cornor-pop on maps which leads to a lot of camping. An this is not fair to new player's or returning player's who have legit strats and are used to the old/proper sprint we had.
So think about this for a second. We already walk slow as balls in Reach compared to past entries and the sprint was the only way to balance this and BUNGIE knew this.
So 343 why is there even sprint in MC Reach if you nerf it this badly, what's the point?
Like really it's pointless with how much you nerfed it, and there was NO REASON TO NERF SPRINT when it was balanced in the first place with the other utility's.
Please for the love of all that is holy buff sprint back to how it was in the original.
Please let “j” be bound to somewhere else. I play left handed so my movement keys are y,g,h, and j. Being unable to bind j because of its chat function has basically made it so I can’t play on keyboard.
I don't know if I'm beating a dead horse but I think a change needs to happen with penalties for leaving matchmaking games. If it's social, there should be far less penalty for leaving if any at all. It sucks having to wait out a full match because 3 out of 4 guys left on the other team and the ONE guy won't quit because he doesn't want to get penalized, I understand why he won't leave, it's just a bad system. If that system is in effect then maybe make a join session/join in progress feature for social at least so randoms or the guy's friend can join. Ranked, sure yes, the penalties are fine but I still wouldn't mind if they were less harsh.
I dont know how it is for you guys But only get to play one map deppending on the gamemode im in. And of course i want forge back it was the best experience ive ever got from halo reach.
  • MCC HALO GAME: Reach PC
  • ISSUE/FEEDBACK: Every time I try to connect to a matchmade game it says at the top "Searching Players" followed by "Found players" and then "Connect Session". It then fails to connect and goes back to "Connect Session". It loops like this between "Connect Session" and "Failed Connect" until I leave matchmaking. I luckily managed to connect twice and play 2 games since launch but I've mostly just waited hours to get into a game and instead of playing being stuck in this connection loop. Hope this gets fixed soon.
Festerguts wrote:
I don't know if I'm beating a dead horse but I think a change needs to happen with penalties for leaving matchmaking games. If it's social, there should be far less penalty for leaving if any at all. It sucks having to wait out a full match because 3 out of 4 guys left on the other team and the ONE guy won't quit because he doesn't want to get penalized, I understand why he won't leave, it's just a bad system. If that system is in effect then maybe make a join session/join in progress feature for social at least so randoms or the guy's friend can join. Ranked, sure yes, the penalties are fine but I still wouldn't mind if they were less harsh.
I think the penalties should be harsh because no one will take your spot if you leave, therefor leaving should be discouraged.
MCC PC REACH

SERVERS

-It would be really nice to be able to limit your matchmaking to a certain continent.

-It would also be a nice addition to see your ping in actual numbers, instead of the console versions colour palette. Like, what number is yellow?
Keybinds, i wish i could add 2 keybinds to same action, like switching weapons from mouse wheel up and down. Now i can use only one of them and its annoying, as im used to use mouse wheel for switching weapons
  • MCC HALO GAME: REACH PC
  • ISSUE/FEEDBACK: KEY BINDINGS
  • The Restriction preventing players from binding to the J(open text chat) and V(voice chat) keys needs to be removed ASAP.
- I play with different key bindings than most players, most players move with WASD. However, I move with YGHJ and my current problem is that I can't use my key configuration because of this restriction. While not many players use the key bindings that I use it is common for players to change the key binding for text chat and voice chat, I feel that restriction preventing players from changing that is unnecessary with no significant purpose.

- I plan on posting here more at a later date It's just that this is at the top of my list right now as it prevents me from playing comfortably.

Thanks,
aa Pregnant Nun

Edit: I just realized this post should have been in the MISC/OTHER Feedback thread my apologies.
TuuMilk wrote:
Festerguts wrote:
I think the penalties should be harsh because no one will take your spot if you leave, therefor leaving should be discouraged.
3 out 4 people left. I'm not an analyst but it seems like it's not working like they thought it would, people just don't gaf. Sure keep it the way it is, at least add in a join in session feature for social.
Hi,

I am loving Halo Reach on the PC right now but I do have one thing to say about it. Is the multi-team game mode in the game? I cannot seem to find it in the multiplayer search, so I assume that it's not in the game currently. Does anyone have any idea when it will be coming to MCC on PC or know where it is in the matchmaking search??
Pavel300 wrote:
Having frame rate issues on MCC Halo Reach (PC). I have a 1080Ti and i7 processor. I have tried to lower all settings to as low as possible. Frames work great when not moving. As soon as I move I move, I go from 60 fps to 3 fps every single time. Also, "ESC" key does not work. If i plug in my controller the frame rate issue disappears. Any possible way to fix?
I kinda have this same issue sometimes when I move I go from 200+fps to a very abrupt stutter but it goes away soon after and does not happen too often.

edit: so it seems that it might be motion blur that you can not turn off that makes it seem like there are frame drops on higher-end hardware when you move.
  • MCC HALO GAME: Reach PC
  • ISSUE/FEEDBACK: Currently running the game at 240fps (with a 240hz monitor) It would appear there is some kind of motion blur feature in the graphics. Normally this would be okay but it seems to be mimicking a framerate drop and it makes the gameplay feel sluggish.The game needs an option to remove motion blur.
Also the audio is quite foggy sounding, 5.1 or stereo headphones it sounds like your in a tunnel.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 101