Forums / Games / Halo: The Master Chief Collection (PC)

[Locked] MCC on PC - Steam and Windows 10 Store cross play?

OP LarsBars

Today's announcement is super exciting, so I have a burning question: Will people who buy the MCC on Steam, be able to play together with people who buy the MCC on the Microsoft / Windows 10 store?

The reason why I bring this question up is another game I play, World of Warships, went from only being available on it's own client (Wargaming client) to being available on Windows 10 Store, as well as Steam. Unfortunately, the game and the player bases were completely, totally and fully separated between those three different platforms. Progression, achievements, unlocks, friends lists, purchases, accounts... nothing was shared between the Wargaming, Steam, and Microsoft Store versions of the game.

I really hope that Halo MCC on PC has cross-play with Xbox, and if not that, at least have a fully unified PC experience across all of the PC versions. Separating the player bases between the different PC versions could create an unnecessary population problem, and artificial segmentation.
Steam's listing shows that you will need an Xbox account in order to play it even if you buy it from them, so I think it's safe to say there will be crossplay between UWP and Steam.
Steam's listing shows that you will need an Xbox account in order to play it even if you buy it from them, so I think it's safe to say there will be crossplay between UWP and Steam.
I sure hope so!!
I am certain there'll be crossplay between PC platforms. And probably with Xbox too.
I really hope so. My Son will want it on steam and I will want it on windows store. I really only play, play anywhere games on pc ( and destiny, it was free👍)really hope we can play together
rackles wrote:
I really hope so. My Son will want it on steam and I will want it on windows store. I really only play, play anywhere games on pc ( and destiny, it was free👍)really hope we can play together
Yeah I'm hoping so as well. I prefer the Windows 10 store management system myself. But if there is no cross-play between Steam and Windows 10, then I am pretty sure that the majority of my friends would buy the game from Steam, so I would have to do that as well.