Forums / Games / Halo: The Master Chief Collection (PC)

[Locked] MCC on PC is dead and 343 refused to save it

OP Riahisama

3K players online on steam as I'm typing this.

"It's not a port, we are rebuilding the game for PC"

We have been lied to, MCC on PC is exactly a console port just with FOV sliders, there's nothing PC about it.
Aim assist is still in the game 2 months into its lifespan, they are not changing the aim assist for fear to make the controller players angry. Wait wasn't this game made for PC? Why so worried about people transitioning platform? Adaptation is part of change in life. "Then just adapt to aim assist!" no that's not how it works, I don't go on xbox with my M&K and demand the removal of AA.
Most people who like to play on controller are still playing on console anyway so what's the reason to appeal to console players when the main target audience for MCC PC are PC players, ok they played it safe and their audience has surely expanded but you missed on the chance to make Halo huge again, every single person serious about competitive already quit the game.
Very generous numbers. It's actually 2.7k as you type with 2.4k base low which is getting lower every day.

the vast majority of the playerbase is a legacy controller audience situated on the East coast of America. That is how niche the game is now.

i agree with your points. They should have catered the pc version to the pc audience because if they did there numbers would still be very big (not that there incompetent halo hating team know that at all).
Just as daming is the inability to be capable to react to such glaring issues which have been listed at length through patches or communication.

Maybe they just just don't want pc players to be able to choose mcc when infinite jet pack sprint warfare launches. So they are dong everything they can the mess is up. Seems extreme but at this point you do have to wonder.

This post has been hidden.

tR AimGod wrote:
Very generous numbers. It's actually 2.7k as you type with 2.4k base low which is getting lower every day.

the vast majority of the playerbase is a legacy controller audience situated on the East coast of America. That is how niche the game is now.

i agree with your points. They should have catered the pc version to the pc audience because if they did there numbers would still be very big (not that there incompetent halo hating team know that at all).
Just as daming is the inability to be capable to react to such glaring issues which have been listed at length through patches or communication.

Maybe they just just don't want pc players to be able to choose mcc when infinite jet pack sprint warfare launches. So they are dong everything they can the mess is up. Seems extreme but at this point you do have to wonder.
What's even worse is the lack of communication or reply regarding the biggest issues, it's like the transparent 343i we all know conveniently disappeared.
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not flame or attack other members.
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
Next things next the population is only gonna be around the hundreds.
30 minutes and 34 seconds of queuing... And I didn't even get a game!! I quit because I was sick of waiting. I never been insultant towards a dev before. But it's just straight robbery. They built the game with cross play in mind not to get a full PC community but guess what there are nobody left for cross play when it comes out anyway. 343 lost on both pictures but they don't care they have our money because most of us paid all game upfront. This is scandalous and games as services must end.
Minicrom wrote:
30 minutes and 34 seconds of queuing... And I didn't even get a game!! I quit because I was sick of waiting. I never been insultant towards a dev before. But it's just straight robbery. They built the game with cross play in mind not to get a full PC community but guess what there are nobody left for cross play when it comes out anyway. 343 lost on both pictures but they don't care they have our money because most of us paid all game upfront. This is scandalous and games as services must end.
I can't even refund the rest of the non-released games because it somehow counts them all in one game, they knew what they were doing.
Minicrom wrote:
Unfortunately, they probably have data on this type of situation where, even though, they had a butchered Halo Reach PC launch, the sheeple will be back to buy Halo 3, 2, CE, infinite, etc. It's sad really...
Riahisama wrote:
Minicrom wrote:
I can't even refund the rest of the non-released games because it somehow counts them all in one game, they knew what they were doing.
That's why i didn't buy the full MCC when Reach launched. I've been shook by too many greedy video game corporations to make that kind of investment.
D dawgy wrote:
Minicrom wrote:
Unfortunately, they probably have data on this type of situation where, even though, they had a butchered Halo Reach PC launch, the sheeple will be back to buy Halo 3, 2, CE, infinite, etc. It's sad really...
I said this in a previous post and i'll say it again, I believe they have already sold around 85-90% of all copies that they will sell in this games lifetime.

I wasn't familiar with 343 before I jumped the gun and bought this game, I'm kicking myself for not doing the research. But hey, when you see MC collection coming to PC, would you whip out the credit card or research the developer first? The amount of frustration that this 1 single title in this package has created really makes me doubt that things will suddenly get better. What type of issues will Halo CE, 2 & 3 have? Will their audio be suffocated as well?

I don't want to say this is a scam, but the gaming industry has never seen such a strategic plan to get paid. I would go as far as to say it is just as bad as the micro-transaction craze. A developer depending on not only the nostalgic factor of these games, but the fact that the platform has never been formally introduced to them. But the real kicker, releasing one game at a time with the ability to pay for the entire package before they other titles are released. Could you have bought Reach for 10$? Sure, but once you do the math on the other titles, the whole collection because much more enticing.

The bottom line, 343 got paid, end of story. Do you truly think they are going to waste many resources trying to make the PC community happy now? I doubt it, especially with Infinite dropping. I think the most we can do is try to get the message out about how 343 operates post-game release. Make sure that people know that it is essentially a gamble buying their game on day 1, even if reviews from the big gaming sites seem positive.
AA being the reason that people aren't playing the game is a nonsensical claim. While it can be a contributing factor, to view it as a main reason is wholly inaccurate.

The main reason comes down to a few things. The slow ranking system, the lack of Forge, the nostalgia itch being scratched, and the most significant reason. The only game available at the moment is Reach which is the Halo game that the least amount of people are fond of and people began to remember why after playing it for awhile on PC. It will grow as games get added. The population dying hard was to be expect for the reasons I listed. It will grow as more games get added.
Halo: Reach is nearly a decade old and the multiplayer was never fun.
Polymuter wrote:
Halo: Reach is nearly a decade old and the multiplayer was never fun.
Halo 3, 2 and CE are older, but people are acting like that will be the savior of MCC on PC.

People are also forgetting that 343 are still in charge...
Poor mans port no forge
Its not dead yet because only one of the games has released. Reach is mostly dead because it was released too early and 343 aint Bungie
It's understandable to be frustrated, but comments and threads like these aren't helpful. If you think something is wrong and needs to be changed there are more constructive ways you can word your topics. You can grab screenshots and video clips and submit tickets on the Halo Support site as well