Forums / Games / Halo: The Master Chief Collection (PC)

[Locked] MCC PC and Xbox Community Standards "Trash Talk"

OP SandMjolnir117

This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not promote cheating or griefing.

*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
Quote:
CS:GO and Siege are team games where -Yoink- like "ranks" matters, and stuff like VOTE: KICK exists when things don't go for this one guy.
(I didn't play Siege but I sure did play CS:GO)
I was like second fragging in CS:GO and got kicked because I "didn't" do what they wanted which was to rush A long on Dust II (which I did).
Oh, and did I mention I got kicked because I was like Gold rank one, or whatever, at the start of the game?

Those games put "teamwork" on the spotlight and see it with too much optimism: sometimes, things go right, other times it goes SOUTH. You can have matches where everyone's on point, or you can have matches where "individuality" and "community" clashes (i.e: that one guy that goes straight to B while everyone else agreed to go to B/ that one guy who thinks he's so good with the AWP and bottom fragging/ that one guy that spites the WHOLE team because things aren't going his way by buying -Yoink- to broke).

Actually, I think "ranks" ruined the fun of this game, because that's what they all care about. Like a good amount of matches starts with the question of: "Ranks?". Sure, the intention was to separate the newbies from the pros BUT THAT -Yoink- DON'T WORK. Smurfs will literally make a new account and buy another copy, just to join a lower ranked match and lower ranked players will get kicked.

I don't hate CS: GO, but it sure isn't amazing or anything.

Oh, and didn't Siege had a 451 degree Fahrenheit moment where they banned people for being vulgar? Like, FRAG?
HALO (and many others) do have vulgars and -Yoinks!- but it's that kind of toxicity you can just not care. They're not gonna do -Yoink- against you. Yeah, you can get into some heated arguments but after the game is done, it's done. You don't have to spend 30 minutes with an -Yoink- that would try to ruin the game for you. YOU DON'T HAVE TO CARE ABOUT RANKS (except reach, for those armors).

In my earnest opinion: deal with it.
Newbies of HALO, Call of Duty, and etc. won't get it bad as the ones in Siege and CS:GO, since team effort is mainly individualistic playstyle.
(But I've been really supportive of the idea of having offline multiplayer bots for HALO so I can play HALO mult. when internet's down or for newcomers to try and experience)

Besides, HALO vulgar is comedy.

Here's my unofficial guideline:
  • Say what you want, but you better take the consequence for what you say
  • deal with vulgarity. -Yoink-'s not going anywhere. Besides, the greatest thing about HALO: PC (in my opinion) is the access to Text Chat. If you don't wanna talk but want to communicate that one guy that killed you,you got a way.
  • Use a -Yoink- mic. (or make a voice filter, 343!)
So, don't worry about Microsoft banning people.
STEAM doesn't seem to care, and some stuff you read on CS:GO will make you go "WOAAHHH HO HO HOOOOOOOO"
(X) Doubt.

That said I do feel not only are people overreacting to the new standards, but also that people need to learn to talk trash without actually becoming the potato themself. You may think kys is just a harmless joke and that people should get over it, but its something that actually may have ramifications beyond the game.
Trash talk is just part of the whole online experience. It is quite silly watching grown adults get so worked up over a video game however.
Hoooo boy....

You think the PC playerbase is more mature? I dare you to spend a few hours playing TF2, and count up how much racist, vile, obscene and otherwise disgusting things those players say, have as their profile names, or even have lined on their accounts on Steam.

I've had to block hundreds of them, and Valve has messaged me back about each and every time I've had to report their profiles, and that's not even to mention the cheaters or ones showing off -Yoink- on virtually anything they are able to paint themselves with a custom image file....
I don't mind banter and trash talk in the competitive spirit, but I agree in some games it can get too far. I never remember it being unbearable in Halo, I'd say it was pretty fine and just the regular online experience. Xbox live has a pretty tight policy though and you may get temporarily banned even for a single bad message if the receiver reports you.

I don't know how their gonna handle the whole Steam/Xbox live integration though. Like, if someone buys a game with their Steam account and they get banned on Xbox live can they just make a new gamertag, launch the game on Steam and access with the new GT? So they wouldn't even need to buy the game again. Eh, I don't know, we'll see.
if xbox have more easier way to chat with each other it will have trash talk as many as PC games
i dont think we can find a new way to change talk system,so we can only to adapt it .
You know what's one thing I'm grateful that Microsoft does for Xbox Live?

Enforcing the rules against offensive profile names. There are loads of degenerates with disgusting profile names, be them racist, overly sexual, or something in-between, and Valve never does anything to prevent it....

At least Xbox Live does though!
Im glad its on steam but god is steam toxic
Trash talking is just part of the online gaming experience. Don't like it? Don't plug a mic in or just mute them. Trash talking honestly makes the game more fun in my opinion.
WGID wrote:
Trash talking is just part of the online gaming experience. Don't like it? Don't plug a mic in or just mute them. Trash talking honestly makes the game more fun in my opinion.
I agree honestly, but you have to draw a line somewhere at some point, right? You can't have people sending death threats or constantly bashing someone and throwing the match for their performance for example.

Saying that you want to 1v1 me, that I have the aim of a stormtrooper, you met my mother and my sister is fine, being toxic, racist, etc. in both vocal and text chat shouldn't ever be tolerated.
NAG4SE wrote:
WGID wrote:
I agree honestly, but you have to draw a line somewhere at some point, right? You can't have people sending death threats or constantly bashing someone and throwing the match for their performance for example.

Saying that you want to 1v1 me, that I have the aim of a stormtrooper, you met my mother and my sister is fine, being toxic, racist, etc. in both vocal and text chat shouldn't ever be tolerated.
Agreed, trash talk is all good but once you get into the personal stuff, racism, personal attacks ect.. then it gets stupid.